Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

This is actually a really good idea. I mean for those that haven't bought into the game it would be nice to show them what efforts must be taken, and where they will lead, should one invest and then decide to pull out. I imagine there are plenty of people out there that are weary of getting involved due to the possibility of not being able to get a refund should things go south. Also it would just be drat hilarious to post their increasingly "gently caress you" responses regarding refunds.

I also enjoyed your site :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
I don't know what you guys are talking about, complaining about the fine state of the game currently. A buddy and me wanted to play some 2.0 the other night, so we used the intuitive party system to team up and enjoy some space sci-fi action and let me tell you, after 90 minutes of relentlessly crashing in Star Citizen, Homeworld 2 sure was a blast.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
This might be worth linking in the article. It highlights the terrible CS wait times and then it was closed for not "contributing".

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Eonwe posted:

its going to be awesome when Ben gets fired by his idol

hopefully it will bring about a bit of self awareness, but probably not
I think Ben has proven far too loyal a lapdog, and far too shameless a Chris Roberts worshipper, to ever, ever be fired by Chris or Sandi. We are dealing with pathological narcissists here.

It would be impossible to find another human being on the planet who knows as much and cares as much about Chris' past glories (real and imagined) as Ben-- and though neither Chris nor Sandi respect Ben as a peer, they see him as invaluable as a suck-up. They know he can be counted upon to fulfill the sacred vow asked of all Star Citizens, to be "faithful until death".

Ben will sooner be sidelined by a stress-and-calorie induced heart attack working at CIG than let go by Chris or Sandi. I think this is a real possibility and I for one would consider that a pretty sad outcome. I know Ben is despised by some for his complicity and mocked by many for his enormity, and he deserves it for the former, but I still have it in me to feel a little sorry for him. I think he's wielded what little power he has by essentially stamping out dissent in accordance with Chris and Sandi's wishes-- and that's pretty drat crappy of him. But he seems like he was a decent guy at some point before the moment he met Chris and Sandi at the crossroads and made a Faustian bargain.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Well, refund request sent, gently caress this noise.

I'm kinda interested to see if and how they respond to this.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So far it's been shockingly quiet. But for sure will. We don't aim to piss off, just trying educate.

I know and read a lot about Star Citizen, that was both well written and interesting which is rare.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

peter gabriel posted:

This is the finest refund request I've ever seen.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

G0RF posted:

I think Ben has proven far too loyal a lapdog, and far too shameless a Chris Roberts worshipper, to ever, ever be fired by Chris or Sandi. We are dealing with pathological narcissists here.

It would be impossible to find another human being on the planet who knows as much and cares as much about Chris' past glories (real and imagined) as Ben-- and though neither Chris nor Sandi respect Ben as a peer, they see him as invaluable as a suck-up. They know he can be counted upon to fulfill the sacred vow asked of all Star Citizens, to be "faithful until death".

Ben will sooner be sidelined by a stress-and-calorie induced heart attack working at CIG than let go by Chris or Sandi. I think this is a real possibility and I for one would consider that a pretty sad outcome. I know Ben is despised by some for his complicity and mocked by many for his enormity, and he deserves it for the former, but I still have it in me to feel a little sorry for him. I think he's wielded what little power he has by essentially stamping out dissent in accordance with Chris and Sandi's wishes-- and that's pretty drat crappy of him. But he seems like he was a decent guy at some point before the moment he met Chris and Sandi at the crossroads and made a Faustian bargain.

Yeah, same. He and his wife seem like nice guys, at the wrong place

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Oh that thread is going to be delightful.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

G0RF posted:

I can't lie Ben getting fired by Chris would be hilarious on it's own level, but I do agree that it's just all kinda sad. I mean you look at this man that has clearly just given up. I think we all know why, that job has to be soul crushing no matter who you are. But Ben made his bed, so he lies in it - a bed of cheeto dust, coke stains, and urine. I mean when you reach the point of not being able to wipe your rear end and you keep going and your a dick head of a community manager as well?

Maybe there's still hope for Ben, but I doubt it.

He'll just come into the office one day, stare into the lifeless eyes that are Sandi's black pits of despair, and just start eating cheeseburgers and no matter what happens he won't stop. Just eating, shoveling more and more into his mouth, till he just kinda stops and it's all over. All the bitching, the arguing, the feeding of Sandi and Chris' egos, it will all just be over. Nothing left but that big Frito Cheese Pie in the sky. And the sad thing is, Ben will be the lucky one in that situation.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
he should really just grow up and drop the dime on chris and sandi and all their bullshit. he still has time to be the hero w. a decent character arc and everything. also a training montage where he becomes not fat.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I'm holding out hope that Ben is Derek's secret inside source. That when this shitshow finally implodes, Chris will look up from the rubble and see Ben's eyes aglow with unholy triumph as he reveals that he finally has vengeance.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

I don't know what you guys are talking about, complaining about the fine state of the game currently. A buddy and me wanted to play some 2.0 the other night, so we used the intuitive party system to team up and enjoy some space sci-fi action and let me tell you, after 90 minutes of relentlessly crashing in Star Citizen, Homeworld 2 sure was a blast.

Hey you got your friends to spend $$$ on this

for shame

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

he should really just grow up and drop the dime on chris and sandi and all their bullshit. he still has time to be the hero w. a decent character arc and everything. also a training montage where he becomes not fat.

Seems to old Hollywood. These days, it would be more of a “died from an unrelated(?) heart-attack the day after” kind of bittersweet ending (with a conspiratorial twist). That type of redemption/suffered for the betterment of all narrative seems more in line with what audiences want and also guarantees that the eventual movie will yield an Oscar for the male lead for the horribly body-abusive method acting he has to go through.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Seems to old Hollywood. These days, it would be more of a “died from an unrelated(?) heart-attack the day after” kind of bittersweet ending (with a conspiratorial twist). That type of redemption/suffered for the betterment of all narrative seems more in line with what audiences want and also guarantees that the eventual movie will yield an Oscar for the male lead for the horribly body-abusive method acting he has to go through.

Gary Oldman stars as Ben of course

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the r/starcitizen discord channel is hilarious

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Loxbourne posted:

I'm holding out hope that Ben is Derek's secret inside source. That when this shitshow finally implodes, Chris will look up from the rubble and see Ben's eyes aglow with unholy triumph as he reveals that he finally has vengeance.

Vengeance is a dish best served deep fried with a Big Gulp to wash it all down.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6120769/#Comment_6120769

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/307171/way-too-much-z-fighting-on-the-ships

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hey you got your friends to spend $$$ on this

for shame

One step closer to the golden fishbowl, right?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

You're a good person.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: now that's how you request a refund

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I would like SA to start a referral scheme

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Loxbourne posted:

Ben's final words to Chris before casting him down will be "See you in the Verse."

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're a good person.

OH reddit. You never cease to amaze.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I would like SA to start a referral scheme

If u refer 5 people to sign up you get a perma ban

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/307018/i-dont-get-all-the-complaining-about-the-view-on-the-freelancer

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Somebody needs to ask Dolvak why he consorts with a known CIG traitor and gets excited talking about hedgehogs making out with 13 year old girls.

Frankly Dolvak, if you're reading this, you're overselling the sex play in Sonic '06. But then again, you've proven pretty good at seeing what you want to see, regardless of facts, so if that's your thang and it's working for you, keep at it. I guess...

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Eonwe posted:

its going to be awesome when Ben gets fired by his idol

hopefully it will bring about a bit of self awareness, but probably not

That reminds me, would you like to be the official good will ambassador of Something Awful's hit break out Elite: Dangerous faction, the Diamond Frogs?

Tia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Somebody needs to ask Dolvak why he consorts with a known CIG traitor and gets excited talking about hedgehogs making out with 13 year old girls.

Frankly Dolvak, if you're reading this, you're overselling the sex play in Sonic '06. But then again, you've proven pretty good at seeing what you want to see, regardless of facts, so if that's your thang and it's working for you, keep at it. I guess...

why does the purple hair girl need to vape on stream

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Literally Kermit posted:

That reminds me, would you like to be the official good will ambassador of Something Awful's hit break out Elite: Dangerous faction, the Diamond Frogs?

Tia

yes I'm going to play more, tonight even

i will post wherever about whatever you want me to do, friend

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

doctor iono posted:

Praise be the PTU

CIG Legends continue to show us, their Talents are so unique and special.

:bravo:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Excerpt from The Oxford SC Dictionary:

immersive |ɪˈmɜːsɪv|
    adjective
• (of a visual representation) illusory, dreamed-up, presumptive, unrealistic — this mass-less physics simulation is very immersive
• (as argumentative platitude) really inexcusably stupid, a resigned cliché — spaceships designed as fighter aircraft is immersive

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Some Reddit Idiot posted:

What I don't get about these types of articles: They seem to be written by people who do NOT research the game well, don't have a good understanding of what is going on with the game or the funding... They complain about what is going on... And, get upset when people who DO know what is going on call them out on their ignorance.

If you are going to write an article about a HUGE project with tons of supporters then educate yourself extensively, ask questions from those supporters about the concerns you have, and THEN write a balanced article giving both sides of the issues...

Oh, wait!!! That would require WORK! And, who wants to do that? So much easier just to be butthurt.

Obviously you need to be a member of the cult to write about it.

Also, don't be butthurt and TRY to randomly CAPITALIZE words next TIME.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

quote:

Even though my last attempt at immersing myself in the fidelity and vision of Chris Roberts ended in me furiously masturbating to a Monopoly board out of frustrated failure, I figured I'd not given Star Citizen the fair 37 tries it deserved when the most recent patch hit.

First attempt at updating the game resulted in my USB ports being disabled again, which I'm assuming is righteous punishment for ever doubting the project. Second attempt went along fine, though I realized that Star Citizen basically redownloaded itself for the update instead of using a patch. I'm guessing it's some kind of new and improved way of doing it, because surely if small patches were the way to go they've have been doing them a year or two ago?

Got ingame, seriously hyped to have the time of my life. First attempt had me load for 5 minutes and then get shot back to the main menu with a message that said "Error - kicked from the server". This message would not go away when clicking the "ok" button, probably designed by the same people working on crosshairs. So I try loading into again, it works, however the damned message is still there. Before I can experience the immersion of head-bobbing, I notice that not only is the motion blur terrible, windowed mode simply does not work. The cursor will move out of the window leaving you unable to actually turn. I quit out, to make a config to disable motion blur. I get back in game, set it to fullscreen, and proceed to get error messages saying I've either been kicked from the server or have been disconnected for the next 6-odd attempts, none of the ok button presses on any of these messages actually makes them go away.

BDSSE

e: Gotta go find my Monopoly board again

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Thank you, sincerely. Usually were being called talentless assclowns or something similarly unoriginal. I'm not sure if she knows that or not actually. I think she's editing it right now to make sure it reflects that reality. So thank you for that info.

No problem. If anyone questions the numbers it was Jared himself who said the "UEE Fleet" represented the total number of ships sold. I'm sure someone around here can find the source.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Obviously you need to be a member of the cult to write about it.

Also, don't be butthurt and TRY to randomly CAPITALIZE words next TIME.

It's basically a response by someone who didn't read the article. You need to understand the funding model and the game design in order to discuss the community being heavily censored by moderation staff? Because it would seem reasonable if you understand that these guys are doing all the development with fan money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

More refund requests like this please. Maybe reference roberts' temper tantrum in response to the escapist or his joke of an attempt at playing his own worthless game.

• Locked thread