Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I checked this on my codec but all I got was some smooth jazz tunes.

Spacing regarding your question about voting, I genuinely just got distracted with work poo poo and forgot to check back in. I was probably gonna vote ANarc so maybe it is better I wasn't around. Although MMT's flip doesn't really clear ANarc at all, those two didn't have all that much interaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
OKAY I did my reread. Lots of things I want to address.

1. I no longer think soag is scum. Going back and rereading the whole vig thing, and seeing that he WAS suspecting leatherman during d1 makes me feel more confident in him. I think his reads are awful though because he seems to think me, busb, and SA are scum while I think all 3 of us are town.

2. My strongest scum read is imgay. There was an interaction between him and mmt in joke phase that looked to me like scum purposely interacting so as not to get caught completely dissociating from one another. He also doesn't mention mmt in any actual game related way except for voting her with no comment once things started swinging that way.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i'm not immediately ready to say anarc isn't scum because i do see the argument for it but my gut is screaming at me that the immediate swing to anarc is a really easy one for scum to push w/r/t mmt's dying case

lemme do some rethinking/rereading

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

I wish kash had been less dumb and vague about his god stuff. Dick Dawkins got quite distracted there. Thanks whoever killed meds too~
I'm scum possibly killed him thinking he was a serial killer or something given his flip and alignment change claiming.

I'm always down for a cpig lynch. Also given roles are tied to god choices any roleclaim is not relevant to someone's alignment. I think Soag's move is a scumvig on top of the regular NK.

##vote Soag

busb posted:

my slip is obviously missing a word and i'm dece enough at grammars that it's not something i would do, but whatevs.
vigging a double voter is scummy, because the way leatherman used his role to try and avoid a nolynch was very pro-townie. Let's hanggaspy and find out if i'm right!!
maybe vig cappig so we don't waste a day hanging him thanks friends~

scumslip :v: (this is a joke)

i don't find busb's push for a soag hang to be believable at all. to me this feels like scum pouncing all over a really stupid move that a town vig made, rather than doing any actual work to scum hunt.

he gives a weak "ehhh anarc agreeing with me feels pretty scummy" here and is pretty ambivalent about the mmt case, eventually resulting in stating that he won''t be around for deadline and voting anarc because "gut":

busb posted:

I'm going to be sequestered at a client today so I'm unsure whether I will be around at deadline. ##vote Anarc
The mmt case is decent but I'm going with my gut here, I felt Anarc was a bit too vehement agreeing with me, feels wrong mannn

but is actually around nearish deadline (check the timestamp) and doesn't change to mmt.

immediately after d3 starts resumes pushing anarc hard solely off mmt's wimpy "anarc is scum maybe i guess?" post as far as i can tell. i'm not convinced. i think he's trying to recover from mmt's weak play by using it to capitalize on leading town to a mishang, tbqh.

##vote busb

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anarc scapegoatin

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
anarc tryingb to throw shade on imgay bad move

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Well I don't have anything to respond to with that case that I haven't already. It reads to me like you simply don't believe I did the things I did as a townie. Which is fair enough, but wrong.

I would cheerily hang imgay or cappig too so if scums want to make a pact I'm down.
Gaspy is still chance at scum I'm not convinced but Anarc is more likely IMO.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

cpig and chic trombone both need to post more. also hal too. i have no idea what any of them think about pretty much anything tbh

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I can't tell if imgay and soag are scum together and this is some strange gambit where they purposely associate with each other in thread.

OR imgay is buddying up to town and soag goes along with it bc he thinks it's funny.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
imgay is my top field agent in this and every thread

also puttigb my vote where my mouth is ##vote anonymousnarcotics

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

busb posted:

Well I don't have anything to respond to with that case that I haven't already. It reads to me like you simply don't believe I did the things I did as a townie. Which is fair enough, but wrong.

I would cheerily hang imgay or cappig too so if scums want to make a pact I'm down.
Gaspy is still chance at scum I'm not convinced but Anarc is more likely IMO.

i could still be convinced anarc is scum, it just seems less likely to me than the scenario i laid out. :shrug:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Someone Awful! posted:

scumslip :v: (this is a joke)

i don't find busb's push for a soag hang to be believable at all. to me this feels like scum pouncing all over a really stupid move that a town vig made, rather than doing any actual work to scum hunt.

he gives a weak "ehhh anarc agreeing with me feels pretty scummy" here and is pretty ambivalent about the mmt case, eventually resulting in stating that he won''t be around for deadline and voting anarc because "gut":

but is actually around nearish deadline (check the timestamp) and doesn't change to mmt.

immediately after d3 starts resumes pushing anarc hard solely off mmt's wimpy "anarc is scum maybe i guess?" post as far as i can tell. i'm not convinced. i think he's trying to recover from mmt's weak play by using it to capitalize on leading town to a mishang, tbqh.

##vote busb

This, is actually good.

##vote busb

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Someone Awful! posted:

i'm not immediately ready to say anarc isn't scum because i do see the argument for it but my gut is screaming at me that the immediate swing to anarc is a really easy one for scum to push w/r/t mmt's dying case

lemme do some rethinking/rereading

you say here that you see the argument for anarc, and that it makes sense to you, but twenty minutes later:

Someone Awful! posted:

you sum it up as "people seem to be voting anarc because mmt was wimpy in pushing her???"

that isn't the reason that both busb and i decided anarc is probably scum. i can't tell if you're not understanding the argument (in which case, just say so and i'll explain it better) or if you're deliberately mischaracterizing it.

also.

Someone Awful! posted:

eventually resulting in stating that he won''t be around for deadline and voting anarc because "gut":

we actually had this conversation on the previous page. at the time when busb nudged gwyn to vote, anarc was -3 and mmt was -2. gwyn could have tied it up, so there was no need for busb to switch votes right then -- both anarc and mmt were viable lynch candidates.

after gwyn voted, yes, busb should have stepped in and hammered, and whether he got called away or was scum hoping for a no-lynch is up to debate.

i don't like your case on busb. there are cases to make on busb, but yours completely ignores the actual argument against anarc and misses the relevant points and it's just sitting wrong with me entirely.

did everyone else realize that deadline was sunday at noon? i won't be here.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Siv you pretty much nailed it, but ultimately I feel his case is more that he doesn't believe my posts are genuine.
Can I ask who you want to hang?

You don't have a bite down now right?

Deadline is 3am monday morning for us Aussies so you won't see us around

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If deadline is a significant issue for enough people I can adjust it. I am terrible at deadlines and at this point I should just make sure all my games have a co-mod to handle them for me.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
The previous deadline is 8pmish est is the best for us as its around 11-1pm. Nbd though, you're the mod.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

Siv you pretty much nailed it, but ultimately I feel his case is more that he doesn't believe my posts are genuine.
Can I ask who you want to hang?

You don't have a bite down now right?

Deadline is 3am monday morning for us Aussies so you won't see us around

oh that's my bad, i generally hate laying down votes this early in the day. right now i'd hang anarc, but as a side note, i am not liking how quiet chic has been post-lynch, esp since she didn't vote yesterday. then again the game seems to have gone quiet. more people need to be contributing, dammit.

what bothers me about the anarc case is how circumstantial it is, but i don't have a better one. i'm still suspicious that we almost no-lynched and side-eying you / hal / chic for not jumping on mmt's lynch. i can't tell if two of you got legitimately pulled away and the third was lurky scum, or if all three of you had real life beckon. it'd help if chic showed up to explain herself.

SirSamVimes posted:

If deadline is a significant issue for enough people I can adjust it. I am terrible at deadlines and at this point I should just make sure all my games have a co-mod to handle them for me.

it'd help me if we moved this one, but that's because i'm spending hanukkah with the in-laws this weekend, and i'll be having brunch while deadline happens.

spell check does not like how i spelled hanukkah but i'm pretty sure that's one of the accepted transliterations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

busb posted:

The previous deadline is 8pmish est is the best for us as its around 11-1pm. Nbd though, you're the mod.

I'm the mod, but I want the game to be as fun as possible for the players and I know personally that missing deadlines sucks.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

like busb said, you're the mod, so whatever's best for you is best, and we can all just deal. the evening is generally better for me, although occasionally i'm stuck at work until 8 or 8:30 est.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The deadline has been moved to 9pm est.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 12, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

AnonymousNarcotics (2): busb, Venom Soag
busb (2): Someone Awful!, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (5): AnonymousNarcotics, Chic Trombone, Hal Incandenza, imgay, spacing in vienna

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 13th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

yeah i'm probably phrasing it poorly (honestly this is the first game i've ever actually tried to seriously make cases? not saying this makes any misrepresentation/awkwardness Completely Forgivable And Unscummy, but i am putting it out there for the record); the thrust of my case is that i feel that busb's play makes more sense through a scum lens than a town one, which means -- necessarily -- that i don't read mmt's case on anarc as "scum pushing scum to make anarc look townie". while i understand the argument it feels like more of a stretch to me than my own.

with that said, the amount of lurking in this game is worrisome and i would be shocked if there were not at least 1 scum among the lurkers.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You missed the reason I'm voting for Anarc again!!

But yes I'd like to hear from chic, it is the weekend though

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

you're right, i did :smith:

##unvote let me reread and think about things. i'm pretty sure i'm being dumb now

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Someone Awful! posted:

##unvote let me reread and think about things. i'm pretty sure i'm being dumb now

let me sum it up, and then you can tell me what you think of it -- you can still disagree with it even when it's explained, the case may not strike you, but here goes.

basically it goes back to the last hour and a half, where mmt gave up entirely. i actually called out mmt for that in-thread, asking why he wasn't trying harder not to be lynched. for most of that time, mmt was -2 and anarc was -3.

in this situation, if i'm scum and the other lynch candidate (anarc) is a townie, i am going to move heaven and earth to make sure the townie is the one getting lynched, not me. mmt was not facing an impossible task, here; you and i both offered to switch to anarc if we had to, in order to avoid a no lynch. had mmt managed to convince a single person to switch their vote, momentum would have favored anarc, not him, and anarc could easily have been the one lynched -- or we could have argued over which one to choose, and ended up no-lynching as a result. if you're scum, both of those situations are way preferable to your own lynch.

instead, mmt gives up, and says there's no point to fighting. actual post:

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm in a kind of frustrating position because it feels like it's going to be either ANarc or myself so it feels counterproductive to start casing other people, but there isn't really much else for me to say. This game isn't going to get any easier keeping people that aren't trying to hunt scum.

I'm still here if people want to engage me further. If it's me tonight, I would take a good look at ANarc, CPig, and Chic because I think all of them are just kind of trying to blend in.

this is a white towel. "it's either going to be anarc or me, so what's the point?" the point is, if you're scum, you want a non-scum person lynched at all costs. i do not understand giving up like this, or why "it's anarc or me" is a hopeless situation for mmt. it's a toss-up which of them will be lynched, so in that situation, i would try my hardest to push momentum the other direction. it's an uphill task if no one else is even a candidate, but again, only one vote separates mmt and anarc.

there are possible answers to this -- perhaps mmt's teammates are lurking and being unhelpful and so mmt is checking out, perhaps mmt knows he's found out and asks his scum bros not to fight too hard to save him, lest they out themselves, perhaps mmt is burned out on the game, perhaps the game mechanics mean that scum losing the godfather isn't such a big deal.

or it's possible that anarc is also scum. because if you're a scum godfather and you see the other lynch candidate is one of your own team, that's a fairly hopeless situation.

the fact that mmt's case on anarc was weak at best, and that anarc hammered very half-heartedly, those are data points that further convince me, but they're not the crux of the argument.

does that make sense? it's not iron-clad, and it's circumstantial at best, but anarc's anemic response to a promised reread does not exactly fill me with reasons to give her the benefit of the doubt.

if you see holes in it, please point them out; it's just a theory, and it might be way off base, but both busb and i had the same reaction to re-reading mmt's fatalism, which makes me think we're on to something.

(side note, i keep saying me and busb because we explicitly made the case, but at least one other person said they had the same vibe from it -- venom maybe?)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Slackerbitch while you're here can you find the hammer post etc that you mentioned? Awful app isn't getting me view post histories.

I don't recall the hammer post

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

busb posted:

Slackerbitch while you're here can you find the hammer post etc that you mentioned? Awful app isn't getting me view post histories.

I don't recall the hammer post

awful app is the literal worst at that. here we have the sequence of events. it's the very bottom of p 13 if you want to reread in context.

me, timestamped 21:17

spacing in vienna posted:

four minutes. please tell me we aren't going to nolynch again.

anarc then resurfaces -- last post from her is at 17:52, explaining she doesn't have any scum reads and can't get into the game. anarc, timestamped 21:17

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I promise I'll try harder tomorrow, guys. I'll do a thread reread and actually try to make some cases on who I think is scum.

anarc, timestamped 21:18

what strikes me is that there's no mention of "whew i just got in, glad we can lynch" or "poo poo i almost missed it" or anything. just a statement about doing better and a vote. if it's just that she's rushed, you'd expect a bare vote.

my thought later on was that mmt had convinced her to hammer for townie cred, and she was reluctantly agreeing. it doesn't read like she just screeched in just in time to save the day. it feels more like she was on the sidelines reading and just came to a decision.

she may also have been going "eff this, i cannot keep up with this game but here's the final vote anyway so we can at least hang someone." but it seemed weird to me, anyway. i dunno. thoughts?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

It's been a weird couple of days, sorry for randomly disappearing. Gonna do a read this afternoon/tonight, when I'll have some spare time

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi everyone I am back!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I thought deadline was 930. 920 is a weird rear end time for deadline to be. I made my post, then saw your post saying we only had a couple minutes so I got my vote in quick

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Also mmt's pronouns are female

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

spacing in vienna posted:

she may also have been going "eff this, i cannot keep up with this game but here's the final vote anyway so we can at least hang someone." but it seemed weird to me, anyway. i dunno. thoughts?

It seemed weird to me too, but some of that I chalked up to the fact that I was looking back at it rather than seeing it in real time.

However, ANarc's response is pretty tepid. There were still 2 minutes left to deadline regardless of whether or not it was 920 or 930. Certainly time enough to comment in some way beyond just the vote. It ends up looking like scum realizing it was inevitable and just wanting to shut the conversation down (not that there was a great deal of conversation.

spacing was on point with MMT this game and I think she is again here. ##vote ANarc

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Someone Awful! posted:

For what it's worth I thought busb was pretty scummy early on but I haven't felt that way at all lately. Like I said, I think we'd be seeing more of an agenda coming from him by now if he were scum. And yeah, your case kind of falls apart without the vote thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

This, is actually good.

##vote busb

No, it wasn't. cpig not reading things but putting in the effort to pretend to is probably scum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Well, I'm caught up now. I still feel Hal is scum, but the ANarc case is also compelling. I really doubt MMT and her scumbuds wouldn't have pushed ANarc as hard as they could if ANarc wasn't one of her scumbuds. ##vote ANarc

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote anarc

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
wait is that hammer?!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:redhammer:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Confident from the fact that they caught a demon lord in their midst, the adventurers decide the next traitor is obviously AnonymousNarcotics. There is barely a fight, and the protesting adventurer is quickly slain.

AnyonymousNarcotics, town-aligned Adventurer of Nemelex Xobeh was executed on Day 3.

Demoralised by this, the party decides to camp for the night.

Night 4 begins.

Quick night actions make for a quick night, guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

AnonymousNarcotics (5): busb, Venom Soag, Hal Incandenza, Chic Trombone, CapitalistPig
busb (0): Someone Awful!, CapitalistPig, Someone Awful!, CapitalistPig

Not Voting (4): AnonymousNarcotics, imgay, Someone Awful!, spacing in vienna

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is December 13th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day.

• Locked thread