Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, we got like 36 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

No, we got like 36 hours

lol so what

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That more time for you to make me trump

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I'll get you a Bernie sanders avatar instead so everyone will think you are a communist trump hater

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
they will think your trump support is only ironic

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pansy rear end bitch, bigger pussy than cruz

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
and lumpen heres the thing, I don't know if I am poisoned or not, so its hard for me to make the decisions I want to. I have to lynch a scum today, and kill a scum tonight no matter what, because if I don't and I die from poison, the scum will win. I have to keep you guys honest

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

pansy rear end bitch, bigger pussy than cruz

I'll falsify a Canadian Birth Certificate, and say that you are Canadian and shouldn't be able to vote and will insinuate that you will vote your countrymen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

JakeP posted:

and lumpen heres the thing, I don't know if I am poisoned or not, so its hard for me to make the decisions I want to. I have to lynch a scum today, and kill a scum tonight no matter what, because if I don't and I die from poison, the scum will win. I have to keep you guys honest
That doesn't compute. If you're poisoned, you've lost. If you lynch a Scum today you've lost. If you nolynch today you've lost. All equal outcomes as far as your win condition.
If you are not poisoned, then you can tie. Actually, a total wipe counts as a WIN for you. And you are not poisoned, by the way.

Your PM says "You win when everyone else aboard the Astral Queen is dead." So at that very moment that you SK the last other survivor, before you succumb to the poison, you win the game. So go for it!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
You already beat the odds once, last night. I think you should go for it.

Considering the gamestate of D3, pulling out an SK win would be bragging rights forever.
Handing the game to Town just for spite would be weak weak weak. They haven't earned it.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Well if I am poisoned of course I lost, but if I am gonna lose I'd rather town win than scum

I wish I could trust you that I wasn't poisoned but I cannot, it is in your best interest to convince me that I am not poisoned if I am

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its not like you earned the game though lumpen, remember that time you spoiled 100

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

JakeP posted:

Well if I am poisoned of course I lost, but if I am gonna lose I'd rather town win than scum

I wish I could trust you that I wasn't poisoned but I cannot, it is in your best interest to convince me that I am not poisoned if I am
If you do the math you will see that using poison was not a reasonable option for us last night, when using an instant nightkill had a much higher chance of winning the game.

In fact, if you were poisoned, I would not be wasting my time typing right now.

If you were poisoned, then we would already have won. We could just take a Scum loss in today's lynch in stride, kill a Town tonight, and you'd be dead, leaving 2Town vs 2Scum tomorrow, nolynch, kill a Town to break the tie, and we win. The only question (for you) would be whether the Jailer would jail our killer leaving 3 Town 2 Scum, but we already know the Jailer is Foo and Foo can't Jail himself.

You can deduce that you are not poisoned.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what u mean

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
And therefore you should lynch a Town.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lynching town would just make scum win tomorrow i dont understand lumpen

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

If you do the math you will see that using poison was not a reasonable option for us last night, when using an instant nightkill had a much higher chance of winning the game.

In fact, if you were poisoned, I would not be wasting my time typing right now.

If you were poisoned, then we would already have won. We could just take a Scum loss in today's lynch in stride, kill a Town tonight, and you'd be dead, leaving 2Town vs 2Scum tomorrow, nolynch, kill a Town to break the tie, and we win. The only question (for you) would be whether the Jailer would jail our killer leaving 3 Town 2 Scum, but we already know the Jailer is Foo and Foo can't Jail himself.

You can deduce that you are not poisoned.

if I was poisoned I'd still be able to kill one of you before I die which would be 2town 1 scum tomorrow

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
you are right though, killing me would have been GG so I probably am not poisoned

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

imgay posted:

lynching town would just make scum win tomorrow i dont understand lumpen
Wrong. If Town is lynched now, then JakeP just needs to nightkill our nightkiller N5. The SK action happens first, Scum kill happens last, so if Jake SK's the killer, he lives. That leaves D6: 2 Scum, 2 Town, and Jake tomorrow. Lynch the Scum Godfather D6, the night is 1 Scum Poisoner, 2 Town, and Jake. N6: Jake kills a Town, Scum Poison Jake. D7: Scum Poisoner vs. Jake vs. Townie. Townie's not going to let the Scum win, so Jake and Townie kill Poisoner. N7 Jake kills Townie and WINS moments before succumbing to Poison. JAKE WINS.
OR Town lynched now, Scum kill Jake and Jake kills Scum, D6: 2 Scum 2 Town, Scum wins. That's Scum's only possible shot now.

OR if nolynch today:
N5 Scum kill Jake and Jake kills Scum, D6 3 Town vs 2 Scum, Town wins.
OR if Scum is lynched today:
N5 Scum kill Jake and Jake kills Scum, D6 3 Town vs 1 Scum, Town wins.
OR if Scum is lynched today:
N5 Scum fail to kill Jake, Jake kills Scum, D6 3 Town vs 1 Scum vs Jake, Town wins.

So the incentives today are for Town to lynch a Scum, clearly. And for Scum and Jake, it is to lynch a Town, clearly.
If Jake lynches Scum, he has thrown the game to the Town, against his win condition.

These are all the possible outcomes. This can just be a straight-up win for Town, OR it can be about Scum vs. SK in a night action guessing game.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or you just poisoned someone else instead

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote gulag tee hee hee

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
And Jake, if you lynch imgay or Trasson now, you have the advantage at night because the Jailer Foo can potentially stop us from killing you, but not stop you from killing us. If you leave imgay alive he may also be able to help you determine who's the Godfather tomorrow (if he felt like it).

We would prefer to lynch Foo but we'd settle for imay or Trasson.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: GulagDolls, we hardly knew ye :(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

or you just poisoned someone else instead

Lumpen understands this setup enough to know that if I was dead they would have won. I can't imagine them trying to kill anyone else last night.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
id be chill with an sk victory

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

JakeP posted:

Lumpen understands this setup enough to know that if I was dead they would have won. I can't imagine them trying to kill anyone else last night.
Welp JakeP you blew it. imgay just won the game for Town.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
oop didnt see hammer sory :(

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 5 :awesomelon:

GulagDolls (4): JakeP, Captain Foo, Trasson, imgay
JakeP (1): Lumpen
Captain Foo (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Lumpen (0): Lumpen, Lumpen, Captain Foo, Captain Foo

Not Voting (2): GulagDolls, Metos :ffg:

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 10th, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Almost as an afterthought, another one of the Galactica's infiltrators gets airlocked!

:rip: GulagDolls, SCUM BULLETPROOF GODFATHER, has been lynched! :rip:

quote:

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

You are Lee "Apollo" Adama, special advisor to President Roslin - not a role that everyone agrees with. You're technically in charge of the small force from Galactica, nonetheless!
You, along with several others, have infiltrated the Astral Queen for one very simple purpose - Galactica needs labor for mining ice from a nearby moon to replenish their sabotaged stores. The Astral Queen's prisoners would be perfect for the job - but unfortunately, they've been resistant. If you can silence enough of their leaders, the rest of them should agree to your plan...

You are a Bulletproof Godfather, and will return TOWN for any investigation results. Any attempts to kill you in the night will fail. However, you will temporarily lose both of these powers for the night if you perform the Night Kill.
You are part of the Scum Team, sharing a single Night Kill, and may communicate out of thread with your fellow team members here:

You win when nothing can stop you from taking control of the Astral Queen.

It is now Night 5. Please send me your actions promptly. Thread will open at some point tonight, very likely.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As a new day dawns, one of the prisoners is missing from their bunk - but a Cylon tracker is found concealed under their mattress!

:rip: JakeP, 3P UNSTOPPABLE SERIAL KILLER, was killed on Night 5! :rip:

quote:

The Cylons were created by man. They evolved. They rebelled. There are many copies. And they have a plan.

You are Number Six, a Cylon infiltrator - with this many people crammed onto this ship, it was child's play to sneak aboard and blend in. As a face in the crowd, you can kill these pathetic humans off one by one!
There are rumors that soldiers from Galactica have infiltrated your ship to try and silence the prisoners' leaders and press-gang them into service - what an excellent distraction.

You are an Unstoppable Serial Killer, and may ##kill one person each night. You cannot be roleblocked or jailed, and can kill a jailed or doc-protected target.

You win when everyone else aboard the Astral Queen is dead.

An uneasy silence reigns as the remaining five of you eye each other. What will this day bring?

It is now Day 6. Deadline is Wednesday 8:30 PM EST.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:awesomelon: Votecount for Day 6 :awesomelon:

Not Voting (5): Captain Foo, imgay, Lumpen, Metos, Trasson :ffg:

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 10th, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote lumpen

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Did Jake like, not kill anyone? Did he self kill? What?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he prob just gave up and didnt do anything

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
##vote foo

Y'know, for old times sake.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Okay, so.

The only way for Jake to die would have been from one of the scum, either last night or the night before., or for him to self kill. If he died to poison they could have poisoned someone last night, so we're once again rolling the dice. If they didn't poison someone tonight then I think that's a flat out town win?

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Oh hey, stuff.

REVENGE WILL FINALLY BE MINE

##vote Lumpen

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we'll win since we still have jail, so its basically just going through the motions

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

imgay posted:

we'll win since we still have jail, so its basically just going through the motions

Right, good point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I'm F5ing like mad. I want to know what happens!

• Locked thread