Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'll bite on this:

1. Nola v. Burton

(and the rest of my rankings)

2. Carrie v. Olek
3. Hood v. Proctor (strip club)
4. Hood v. MMA fighter
5. Hood v. The Albino
6. Carrie v. Prison bitch / Siobhan v. Ex
7. Hood v. Proctor (slaughterhouse)
8. Hood v. Transporter

Urgh, it's a good list but it's reminding me to watch the show over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ratjaculation posted:

Urgh, it's a good list but it's reminding me to watch the show over!

That's not even including what I'd call 'action' scenes (weapons, explosions, etc.) With those you need to include the S1, S2 & S3 finales, the Assault on Precinct 13 homage (everything involving Cheyton, really), the Hospital shootout in S2, everything else from A Fixer of Sorts (the Nola/Burton fight episode which included the strip club shootout and everything with Brantley), the field sniper...

Note: if you're looking for a reason to not watch Banshee again, I'm not going to make it easy for you :)

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'll admit I was really excited to finally see Hood vs Burton. This show gave me the greatest fight scenes on TV, ever, and they produced THAT. Did they have to fire the fight coordinators?

It wasn't what it could've been but still pretty good. Burton's drop kick was great. Good setting in the water.

Good finale to an amazing show.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
the next series from cinemax http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776930

also looking forwards to whenever quarry drops

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

AAA DOLFAN posted:

drat almost nobody watched this show. Around 390k for the finale lol

Jesus, they'd have drawn a larger audience licensing it to Netflix.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/SamuelLJackson/status/734199575565717504

its good to see at least one celebrity liked it

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Jose posted:

sugar and job spin off series. TIA.

e: hbo should hire the banshee crew to do true detective season 3 with job and sugar, it would be way better than season 2 guaranteed.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 24, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anything would be better than season 2 of True Detective.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

drat almost nobody watched this show. Around 390k for the finale lol

The 7 episodes leading up to it probably explains this.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow SLJ giving props!

And yes, Nora vs Burton was the most epic fight I've ever seen.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

red19fire posted:

The 7 episodes leading up to it probably explains this.

Yeah, it was a really weak last season. They didn't even really have enough plot to full up the 8 episodes they had. Could have been wrapped up just fine with a movie.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I, too, was disappointed in the season compared to the others. And like other posters, I was also REALLY disappointed in the Burton/Hood fight. I had an idea that the killer was Burton, but kind of shoved it out of my mind and said it couldn't be him, it had to be the red herring Satanist guy. At any rate, the fight was really short and the editing was off. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who, throughout the entire run of the series, wanted really badly to see Hood and Burton fight. When we finally did get it, it's the final episode of the series and it ends up being a pretty big letdown. I wasn't bothered as much by how Hood just woke up with rage and will fuel--in fact, I thought it was fitting to have him flashback to his previous fights (Albino, Sanchez, meat packing plant fight with Proctor) where his willpower, rage and stubborn, dogged refusal to quit brought him out on top to win those fights. I even turned to my wife while Hood was slowly fading, in disbelief: "I'm really surprised here since this is what has kept him alive in fights like this where he was pretty much outmatched." She was reading an Outlander (another great show, haven't read the books but the show is pretty well-done) book for the 16th time and wasn't paying attention because she doesn't like the violence in the show, but that's beside the point. The point is, the fight seemed half-assed and not well thought-out, when I was expecting some brutal bloody fight that lasted for a few minutes. What we ended up getting was Burton pummeling Hood for what seemed like less than thirty seconds, and then Hood waking up and pummeling Burton for maybe ten seconds.

That said, positives:
  • Bunker vs Calvin
  • Brock and the RPG
  • Proctor presumably going out in a blaze of glory like an old-school mobster, complete with a drum-fed Tommy gun (Kai and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day)
  • Job's exit
  • Final scene with Sugar leaving the bar with the money

Also, does anyone remember what was up with the arrest report Eliza Dushku left on the bed while Hood was asleep? I thought it was the one that Hood had buried or something in like Season 2, but don't remember really.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think it was her telling him she figured out who he was, but left the file for him to destroy. At least, that was my take on it.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 27, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I took it as that being the old departmental hard copy, that she was giving his past back to him while inviting him to DC, a message to him and the audience alike that he needs fear not the bureau, not her, nor himself or intimacy anymore.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'll bite on this:

1. Nola v. Burton

(and the rest of my rankings)

2. Carrie v. Olek
3. Hood v. Proctor (strip club)
4. Hood v. MMA fighter
5. Hood v. The Albino
6. Carrie v. Prison bitch / Siobhan v. Ex
7. Hood v. Proctor (slaughterhouse)
8. Hood v. Transporter
The Hood vs Burton literally had Hood coming back from the dead (with ultra-strength), thanks to the power of his daughters love. And then Kai awkwardly stroked Burtons hair afterwards.

Seasons by excellence: 1,3,2,4.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deva's love didn't bring him back. The entire scene was showing all the impossible hells he survived he did just because, until the visions come to his daughter, signifying that where surviving for his own benefit isn't enough, he now has her to live for. It's nothing to do with her love, which I don't think is something she's ever expressed toward Hood, but his love for her.

Also, Proctor assuring Burton was a :five: character moment for the two and the season. Kai was heartbroken and his dragon dying in his lap was doing so for a folly in his love for his master. It was beautiful and perfect imo.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
it was a bit of a let down after seeing him genuinely do anything to win a fight against the albino but i guess gouging someones eyes out doesn't go down too well

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

cvnvcnv posted:

Deva's love didn't bring him back. The entire scene was showing all the impossible hells he survived he did just because, until the visions come to his daughter, signifying that where surviving for his own benefit isn't enough, he now has her to live for. It's nothing to do with her love, which I don't think is something she's ever expressed toward Hood, but his love for her.

Also, Proctor assuring Burton was a :five: character moment for the two and the season. Kai was heartbroken and his dragon dying in his lap was doing so for a folly in his love for his master. It was beautiful and perfect imo.

This is spot on. I agree 10000%

Also, Antony Starr will be in the upcoming series American Gothic. Support your local (fake) Sheriff!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So I've been binge watching the gently caress out of this and I'm in S3 now. Shyvon just found out about him... holy gently caress he's going to kill her isn't he?

EDIT: Also how is a homegrown Indian terrorist group not getting utterly crushed by three letter agencies like, hours after they murdered the convoy?

EDIT: Live posting S3E04 - Burton and Rebecca make a hell of a loving team. She is pretty badass now. The whole loving her uncle thing is still pretty god drat weird though. Also, why hasn't Burton tried to hit that yet? She fucks anyone with a dick and he's looked at her with them creepy eyes since the first time he saw her.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jun 1, 2016

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Arrgytehpirate posted:

So I've been binge watching the gently caress out of this and I'm in S3 now. Shyvon just found out about him... holy gently caress he's going to kill her isn't he?

EDIT: Also how is a homegrown Indian terrorist group not getting utterly crushed by three letter agencies like, hours after they murdered the convoy?

EDIT: Live posting S3E04 - Burton and Rebecca make a hell of a loving team. She is pretty badass now. The whole loving her uncle thing is still pretty god drat weird though. Also, why hasn't Burton tried to hit that yet? She fucks anyone with a dick and he's looked at her with them creepy eyes since the first time he saw her.

Oh my goodness the innocence of a first time Banshee viewer

I envy you

isaboo fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 1, 2016

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

I envy you

Just finished the episode where she tells him to resign but since I know there are four seasons I'm not giving her much chance of surviving the crazy Indians. Jesus Christ this show goes off the loving rails sometimes. It's so loving glorious. Also, holy poo poo crazy loving Indians. Jesus Christ. I love how this show does this stuff mid-season, most shows jut give us this level of tension and excitement in finales.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

"I don't want to die tonight," said a character about to die. gently caress man I really liked them together. There's no way she lives after that line. Although this show likes curveballs so maybe Brock dies? I'm not sure.

EDIT: Oh my God she is forgiving him loving no no no non nononononono

EDIT: gently caress. I need a break.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 1, 2016

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

pahuyuth posted:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Binging season one, therefore I'm closing my eyes at previous posts. How good are the origins webisodes? And what the heck is this saga version?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Watch the full season, then watch the origins for that season. They're fun but not necessary and I don't know if there's a good way to know when they fit into the season and/or if they have spoilers.

The Saga version is all of them in chronological order so definitely don't watch that.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Just finished the season 1 finale. HOLY MOTHER OF BALLS.

I'm a big Strike Back fan, and have been missing my slice of ludicrous action shows. My word. That was fantastic. Seriously. Man.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

pahuyuth posted:

This is spot on. I agree 10000%

Also, Antony Starr will be in the upcoming series American Gothic. Support your local (fake) Sheriff!

God dammit, you had me excited to see Sheriff Lucas Hood playing Sheriff Lucas Buck.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

My God has Hood ever not hosed everything up? He can't even kill a sleeping guy. Get it the gently caress together.

Predicting that Rebecca kills Kai and become the kingpin. That or her attempts to earn daddies approval get her killed. I'm also giving it about 50/50 that she kills Brock's ex.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

My God has Hood ever not hosed everything up? He can't even kill a sleeping guy. Get it the gently caress together.

Predicting that Rebecca kills Kai and become the kingpin. That or her attempts to earn daddies approval get her killed. I'm also giving it about 50/50 that she kills Brock's ex.

:allears:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Whatever keeps the Banshee memories alive man, whatever keeps 'em alive. This show should have gone on forever. :(

But yes the posts are amazing I love seeing the reactions

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I've been too busy to really watch past s3e7 but expect me to live tweet the rest of s3 on Sunday! (My only day off this week)

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Kudos to the show for keeping me off balance. The season 2 premiere is slow and steady, setting up all sorts of things. There's a car chase that's pretty impressive, but the episode is mainly concerned with exploring the consequences of season 1's batshit finale.

And then episode 2 unleashes. Rebecca is kidnapped, Hood attacks security guards left and right, Siobhan beats her ex with a bloody bible, Carrie gets into a vicious prison fight literally minutes after arriving, and cows are blown up.

This show. :)

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Jose posted:

I'm going to go ahead and assume Samuel L Jackson's "BMF" tweet stands for "Banshee Mutha Fucka". I fee like that's a pretty safe assumption.

Anyway, just watched the finale. Yeah, the season was weak, but it send off was pretty good. I might have missed it, but did we ever find out Hood's real name? I think they decided to keep that one to themselves.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

-Blackadder- posted:

I'm going to go ahead and assume Samuel L Jackson's "BMF" tweet stands for "Banshee Mutha Fucka". I fee like that's a pretty safe assumption.

Anyway, just watched the finale. Yeah, the season was weak, but it send off was pretty good. I might have missed it, but did we ever find out Hood's real name? I think they decided to keep that one to themselves.

Survey says: gaaaaaaaaaaary

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

IDK if there's a thread for this, but did anyone catch Outcast last Friday?

It seems pretty compelling so far, the pilot was really good and creepy, and they got enough character development in for Patrick Fugit to make him interesting. The pilot was basically all the decent-to-good movies about exorcism condensed into one TV episode and done much better and creepier. It WAS pretty dark, with little to no humor involved given the main character's past and the overall plot, but if y'all didn't see it but are interested in having another show to watch in place of Banshee on Friday nights (and you're not creeped out by horror shows like this and can handle the dark subject matter), you could do worse than Outcast. I'm going to keep it in my queue, at least, unless it just gets dumb and lovely, because I like dark and brooding shows like this. Apparently Data was in the pilot too? I must have missed him.

Also, as an aside, though the series is over now, The Last Panthers was pretty good.

-Blackadder- posted:

I might have missed it, but did we ever find out Hood's real name? I think they decided to keep that one to themselves.

They didn't reveal it, and I'm fairly sure they let all the viewers know they didn't plan on it. I actually would have been pissed if they revealed his real name, and it didn't matter anyway. He was Lucas Hood to us all.

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 6, 2016

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
His real name was Ducas Wood.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm just gonna pretend every other character that actor plays is Lucas Hood adopting a new life.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I've been binging through the Amazon series Bosch and I did a double-take when Job showed up as a rich family man with a British accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Marathoned Season 4 yesterday, definitely a long wet fart with a slight redemption at the end. The finale was good but still a shadow of former seasons, and the whole Dushku FBI agent crap reminded me of Toric in SOA.

I'll miss you Banshee :smith:

• Locked thread