Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Luminous Cow posted:

Anime is dumb

i like this guy alrdy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Part of me still wishes I had been creative enough to have come up with a better title for this thread.
I guess it tells you everything you need to know though.

Hopefully another Mafia match ends somewhere soon so we can get a few more players in here and get to murdering each other while I watch. :munch:

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Shadow0 posted:

Part of me still wishes I had been creative enough to have come up with a better title for this thread.

Hopefully another Mafia match ends somewhere soon so we can get a few more players in here and get to murdering each other while I watch. :munch:

Seems to be a lot of death in the darksouls one, surprise surprise, you may get some run off form that.

I am indifrent to anime I have never watched any and intend to keep myself pure.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

TheDonPeters posted:

Seems to be a lot of death in the darksouls one, surprise surprise, you may get some run off form that.

I am indifrent to anime I have never watched any and intend to keep myself pure.

Saving yourself for marriage?

Most anime is pretty terrible though to be honest. And not just because 95% of anything is terrible. Japan has a bizarre idea how the world works. Also everything is getting ruined by the fact that no one pays for anything anymore so it's better for studios to make something that'll push products than to make something of quality.

I wouldn't expect everyone to like even the best of anime anyway, people's tastes are like that. Also, I'm finding more and more that trying to introduce people to something you like is just a quick way to get disappointed. Hell, people didn't even like The Holy Grail when I tried showing it to them last week. :'(

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Shadow0 posted:

Grad school does terrible things to you. It makes you like horrible things like anime or become a raging alcoholic.

Oh god I'm out of grading rum.

TheDonPeters
Aug 17, 2015

Shadow0 posted:

Most anime is pretty terrible though to be honest. And not just because 95% of anything is terrible. Japan has a bizarre idea how the world works. Also everything is getting ruined by the fact that no one pays for anything anymore so it's better for studios to make something that'll push products than to make something of quality.

I wouldn't expect everyone to like even the best of anime anyway, people's tastes are like that. Also, I'm finding more and more that trying to introduce people to something you like is just a quick way to get disappointed. Hell, people didn't even like The Holy Grail when I tried showing it to them last week. :'(

Somthing like that, maybe one day when I find that special anime I can settle down and by those weird human sized pillow things of all the characters.

And yeah people react funny to monty python, I have know people that loved life of brain but just could not get holy grail.

Just warning for everyone when the game starts don't drink the yellow water...

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

TheDonPeters posted:

Somthing like that, maybe one day when I find that special anime I can settle down and by those weird human sized pillow things of all the characters.

And yeah people react funny to monty python, I have know people that loved life of brain but just could not get holy grail.

Just warning for everyone when the game starts don't drink the yellow water...

Funny, I loved Holy Grail but didn't like Life of Brian. I love the actual show though. So many good skits.

Probably just shouldn't drink any liquids while the scum are afoot, to be honest.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Apr 24, 2016

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Shadow0 posted:

Try homebrewing people will put up with almost anything I try to introduce them to as along as "yeah this batch of ale is coming out today come try some" is included.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Try homebrewing people will put up with almost anything I try to introduce them to as along as "yeah this batch of ale is coming out today come try some" is included.

I don't drink.
Unfortunately, most of the people here where I live are easily the most boring people I have ever met in my life. Actively resisting any kind of fun or new experience or new foods.
I'm just trying to get everything done quickly so I can return to the good ol' U S of A and finally make use of stores on Sundays again and also resume enjoying life.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow0 posted:

I've actually never heard of Heat Guy J before.
Kind of suspicious for an anime-hater to know more about anime than an ADTRWer...
Cromartie is really good though.

Heat Guy J is cool and good so you'd never hear about it in ADTRW which is just a miserable place, really.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Really there is 1 good anime every year and you need to know the correct passwords, algorithms, and handsigns to be allowed to know where to look for it.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Shadow0 posted:

I don't drink.
Unfortunately, most of the people here where I live are easily the most boring people I have ever met in my life. Actively resisting any kind of fun or new experience or new foods.
I'm just trying to get everything done quickly so I can return to the good ol' U S of A and finally make use of stores on Sundays again and also resume enjoying life.

Basically do anything with food and people will come try cooking.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Shadow0 posted:

I don't drink.

I don't understand

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
:(

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, I'm also surprised how long it's taking people to sign up for this. I guess there's a lot of other games going on now?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I just died in new york

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd be OK if you dropped the player count for a smaller game but that'll prolly mess up the setup

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

I'd be OK if you dropped the player count for a smaller game but that'll prolly mess up the setup

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Make mafia great again

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm in. Let's get poisoned.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
i'm poidoned from drinkign shad1w's unreftigerated milk

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Birdstrike posted:

Judging by that sentence, I'd day you're nearly dead. RIP IN PEACE.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Maybe I'm nearly dead 2.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

venom soag is back

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Still not a signup post but if you bump the recruitment post in the discussion/new game announcement thread, you may get the handful more you need to start soon! The other games have had some deaths.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

signup post

I knrw you woulf eventaully make the rught choice

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

The mod was the real scum all along.

gannyGrabber posted:

It's not critical I have all 16, but those numbers are mostly going to come out of the town's roster, and then we'll probably have a very short game on our hands. Maybe I'll PM some of the dead GBSers in the GBS game?
I had definitely wanted to do a smaller game, but several people said I ought to bolster the town's numbers so here we are.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I'm fine with waiting for 16. We're almost there anyways

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I'm dead in my other games, so I will PLAY THIS GAME!

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Rurea posted:

I'm dead in my other games, so I will PLAY THIS GAME!

Respect the gibbis :colbert:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Azuth0667 posted:

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Never

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

I'm in why not

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm looking forward to all the people from the GBS game revenge day 1ing me.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hopefully theyll realize not to be morons

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

flerp posted:

No, I'll just find new inventive ways to be stupid.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

I mean you're here so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Kashuno posted: