Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Gorilla Salad posted:

And some fashions simply cannot be worn by the young.

I saved this images ages ago, just to illustrate this point. It was tagged "Janne 51 from Helsinki - Hel-looks.com".

that guy is a time traveler that just realized he missed his target by 50+ years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fat Shat Sings posted:

that guy is a time traveler that just realized he missed his target by 50+ years

Don't be hastey. Might not be a time traveller, could be an alien.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Going forward in time? With an umbrella? Please.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Gorilla Salad posted:

I saved this images ages ago, just to illustrate this point. It was tagged "Janne 51 from Helsinki - Hel-looks.com".

"One of these days, you're going to DIE LAUGHING!!!"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Helsinki is a made up city

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Doc Friday posted:

Yes, Al Capone was an upstanding member of society.

because people like to be overtly racist on fbook without realizing it i saw someone posted an image macro with al capone on the left and a black kid on the right. the kid has baggy, low riding jeans. so on the left with capone they talked about how he was stylish and respected his mother and if he said he'd get you he would. on the right it said kid didn't know how to dress, disrespected his mother, and was all talk. so racist you're lionizing a semi-literate thug who only started dressing nice because that's how the movies portrayed the mafia.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gorilla Salad posted:

nice Clock King cosplay

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Dreddout posted:

Said cigars were purchased at the local cvs pharmacy of course!

two years ago since cvs doesnt sell sin sticks anymore

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

because people like to be overtly racist on fbook without realizing it i saw someone posted an image macro with al capone on the left and a black kid on the right. the kid has baggy, low riding jeans. so on the left with capone they talked about how he was stylish and respected his mother and if he said he'd get you he would. on the right it said kid didn't know how to dress, disrespected his mother, and was all talk. so racist you're lionizing a semi-literate thug who only started dressing nice because that's how the movies portrayed the mafia.

They did that again in the 70s with the Godfather. All the mafiosos tried to really class themselves up to be more like the Corleones.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

They did that again in the 70s with the Godfather. All the mafiosos tried to really class themselves up to be more like the Corleones.

And in the late 90's everyone in NJ claimed to be related to a 'made guy' and randomly inserted pidgin Italian words into sentences.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One of the writers of the show responded even.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

Lol Al Capone was literally a syphilitic moron.

red19fire posted:

And in the late 90's everyone in NJ claimed to be related to a 'made guy' and randomly inserted pidgin Italian words into sentences.

And some 20 years later, we got the Great Gabagool Thread on GBS. All in all a great turn of events.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

KomodoWagon posted:

And some 20 years later, we got the Great Gabagool Thread on GBS. All in all a great turn of events.

:agreed:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Wassa matta with some Gabbagool?

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

phasmid posted:

Going forward in time? With an umbrella? Please.

Ummm, there might be rain. Duh.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The white nationalist Richard Spencer was on vacation in Japan when he learned that Hillary Clinton was planning to give a speech about Donald Trump’s ties to the so-called alt right, and he was thrilled. “It’s hugely significant,” Spencer told me by Skype from Kyoto. “When a presidential candidate—and indeed the presidential candidate who is leading in most polls—talks about your movement directly, I think you can safely say that you’ve made it.”

Spencer, a clean-cut 38-year-old, loves publicity. He hung around last month’s Republican National Convention in Cleveland with a sign saying, “Wanna Talk to a ‘Racist’?” He is president and director of the National Policy Institute, described on its website as “dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world.” He coined the term alternative right, founding the website alternativeright.com in 2010, which has since morphed into the highbrow racist RadixJournal.com. “The alt right has really become the banner for European identity politics in the United States and around the world,” he said. Spencer agrees with Clinton about very little, but he agrees with her about this: Understanding the alt right is important to understanding Trump’s rise.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Mudshark?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Never heard that one, and I've heard 'em all.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Never heard that one, and I've heard 'em all.

My first thought was "how many hit dice does a mudshark have, and is it related to a bulette?"

I guess I have a Dungeons & Dragons monster to stat up at some point in time.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
The mud shark explained: http://wiki.killuglyradio.com/wiki/The_Mud_Shark

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I have a Nice Guy going after my girlfriend. It turns out that he has been emotionally manipulating her for months, using a trauma in her life to get 'in' as he happened to be around her, supporting her as it happened.

Long story short, my gf had a tragedy in her life where she lost someone she was going to marry a couple of years back. This nice guy was 'there for her' the entire time, helping her cope as she was really messed up over it. I met her for the first time as a flatmate about a year ago(we weren't together then) and he had brought all of her stuff over in a white van. I thought he seemed really nice but quickly realised what he was up to - He was completely in love with her. By the way he's about 42 and she's 27.

Anyway, over the months as me and my gf got together, every now and then she would receive things in the mail. CD's, books and so on. They were from him. She was always sheepish about this and said she had asked him to stop but they keep on coming through.

So this girl is still working through the tragedy in her life as it only happened about a two years ago. Really traumatic stuff. She is quite fragile and still sometimes has nightmares and panic attacks over it.

Turns out this guy has been texting her VERY frequently, using that tragedy as an emotional hook, and how he had supported her. There was a LOT of emotionally manipulative stuff there too, and for someone like my girlfriend who is trying to heal would have a strong effect.

The other week she told him that she was with me and in a surprise, he didn't take it very well. Apparently cried. He then proceeded to Facebook stalk me and discovered that we had been abroad a few times together. He sent her a voicemail message saying things like 'you didn't discuss with me that you had gone away and you weren't honest with me. we need to stop now. you're a lovely woman but this is goodbye.' This guy was actually upset that she hadn't updated him on her life and who she was with. gently caress that,he's not entitled to poo poo. I'm also pretty sure this isn't goodbye

poo poo like that has been going on for months and I had no idea - Had I known I would have put a stop to it a long time ago. My gf is very independent and wanted to handle him on her own, as he is clearly not mentally stable and needs to be handled delicately, whereas I would have told him to gently caress off and never contact her again or at least until he's not a loving mental case anymore.

Ticks all the boxes of being the dangerous side of Nice Guy, so much so that he is actively hurting my girlfriend just so that he can get her attention. Not at any point has she led him on, telling him again and again it will never happen, and despite all the support he has given her, they can't ever be more than friends.

So yeah, Nice Guys are pretty hosed. Needless to say, we've both agreed to cut him out of her life as its not healthy for both of them.

henpod fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Sep 12, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

No offense to you dude but he inserted coins and didn't get his reward, so she like owes him a refund or some poo poo so now you need to do nice things for him as a refund.

I think that's how it works.

Tell that xunt bitch that she basically stole a ton of nice guy coins.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
If I don't get a 1:4 return on sex for hours 'being there' then I ain't got time for that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tater_salad posted:

No offense to you dude but he inserted coins and didn't get his reward, so she like owes him a refund or some poo poo so now you need to do nice things for him as a refund.

I think that's how it works.

Tell that xunt bitch that she basically stole a ton of nice guy coins.

you dont get sex just by inserting the sex tokens, you have to work for it. its like playing an arcade machine

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
While it sounds like that guy needs therapy to unfuck his sadbrokebrains, is your girlfriend getting some kind of therapy?

I imagine that someone who sees themselves as being very independent might think themselves above "needing" it, but if she's had trouble coping with things and has also had someone being a huge manipulative shitter it would probably be good for her to be able to work through it with with someone proper.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I just bought her flowers and vitamins because she's sick at the moment - does that make me a nice guy? I'm confused. Im already her bf so maybe I don't need to do that stuff anymore?

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
everyone knows the thing women want most is a pot-bellied man slathering himself in molasses in the streets while singing church songs. or someone that can change the diapers while still remaining adequately disgusted without question and no pedo vibes!!!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

lohli posted:

While it sounds like that guy needs therapy to unfuck his sadbrokebrains, is your girlfriend getting some kind of therapy?

I imagine that someone who sees themselves as being very independent might think themselves above "needing" it, but if she's had trouble coping with things and has also had someone being a huge manipulative shitter it would probably be good for her to be able to work through it with with someone proper.

I've been trying to get her to think about therapy...I think she feels that therapy would mean she is in fact crazy. I've said that it's really normal and loads of people do it to work through poo poo. We are both going to yoga tomorrow as she wants to try that, and then acupuncture. If those don't help, she's agreed to let me help find therapy of some sort.

Either way, removing this toxic nice guy tormentor is a good first step. God I wish I had known earlier. I don't know if hes doing it on purpose to hurt her, or he's so crazy he's convinced she will eventually come round once she sees how much he pines for her.

henpod fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 12, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

HardDisk posted:

you dont get sex just by inserting the sex tokens, you have to work for it. its like playing an arcade machine

No you insert nice guy coins then you get sex "playing the game" is sex

Look at this normie who wants to work to have sex, being nice is the work and I should get sex.. go back to your sex sluts and party chads and have fun being cucked

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What's worse, no pedo vibes and actually a pedo or pedo vibes and not actually a pedo? I want my molestache to be free, but society demands she be shaved!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Pvt.Scott posted:

What's worse, no pedo vibes and actually a pedo or pedo vibes and not actually a pedo? I want my molestache to be free, but society demands she be shaved!

Worse from who's perspective?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

henpod posted:

I've been trying to get her to think about therapy...I think she feels that therapy would mean she is in fact crazy. I've said that it's really normal and loads of people do it to work through poo poo. We are both going to yoga tomorrow as she wants to try that, and then acupuncture. If those don't help, she's agreed to let me help find therapy of some sort.

Either way, removing this toxic nice guy tormentor is a good first step. God I wish I had known earlier. I don't know if hes doing it on purpose to hurt her, or he's so crazy he's convinced she will eventually come round once she sees how much he pines for her.

Do you mean his behavior since she said no? If you mean his pattern of behavior in general, it's the latter, plus narcissism and lack of impulse control. If you mean since she said no, it could be sadism/lashing out plus the above.

Loads of people go through therapy to talk about loss. I think mentioning that people see therapists after people die, after there have been natural disasters, etc, can help, also that the therapist could eliminate the possibility that there is anything wrong with her. Like she could think of it as an oil change, you get a little boost, you make sure everything is working, if there are issues you can work on those or make a plan for working on those.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Tricky D posted:

Worse from who's perspective?

Hmm, mine I guess. I mean, I keep my creeper 'stache shaved because I'm not an idiot and it looks objectively terrible anyway.

E: m'baroness

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tater_salad posted:

No you insert nice guy coins then you get sex "playing the game" is sex

Look at this normie who wants to work to have sex, being nice is the work and I should get sex.. go back to your sex sluts and party chads and have fun being cucked

if you are nice naturally then its isn't work :angel:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

WrenP-Complete posted:

Do you mean his behavior since she said no? If you mean his pattern of behavior in general, it's the latter, plus narcissism and lack of impulse control. If you mean since she said no, it could be sadism/lashing out plus the above.

Loads of people go through therapy to talk about loss. I think mentioning that people see therapists after people die, after there have been natural disasters, etc, can help, also that the therapist could eliminate the possibility that there is anything wrong with her. Like she could think of it as an oil change, you get a little boost, you make sure everything is working, if there are issues you can work on those or make a plan for working on those.

Well his behaviour beforehand from what I now see was always attention seeking, making her feel bad for not visiting etc. She would actively tell him off for it every time, but because he was such a huge support for her in her darkest time, still feels like she owes him. After she told him she was seeing someone apparently he promised to try harder and draw a line, but once he saw that we had been abroad together and it 'hadnt been discussed with him' he had a tantrum.

That's good advice about the therapy, thank you. This isn't t the thread for it, but I'm grateful. I just wanted to give an insider's account of a dangerous nice guy.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

HardDisk posted:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what "nice guys" think of themselves. Because they're not paying a bit of attention to the effects they have on others.

I put as much effort as I can to being as nice to everyone in my life as I can reasonably manage, and honestly, most people are pretty nice back. I'm pretty sure that's just being a normal, emotionally healthy adult.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

HardDisk posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman.
I'm a nice guy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that story reminded me of a friend of a friend who fell into the ocean and drowned while drunk and i felt bad because he was engaged to this girl and i had always thought she was way out of his league. i saw her on match a couple months after the guy went missing but never messaged her.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Shoulda hit that, Groovelord Neato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
major fail, Groovelord Neato

• Locked thread