Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

You turn the corner and see a greenskinned fuckmidget.
Roll for initiative.
Jimson - Town Vanilla was killed on night 1!

It's day 2 do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (5): AnonymousNarcotics, Asiina, GlitchThief, Somberbrero, Spiros

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 10th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 34 minutes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Yay vote finder is back!

Not trying to make excuses but this was my first week of school ever as a teacher so I've been exhausted when I get home. I fell asleep at 3pm and woke up around 8. Oops. I'll try to participate more.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live
I'm pretty sure I solved the game but how's everyone doing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

I'm pretty sure I solved the game but how's everyone doing?

Oh Somber.

My dear Somber.

Tell us, how have you "solved the game"?

:allears:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live

Asiina posted:

Oh Somber.

My dear Somber.

Tell us, how have you "solved the game"?

:allears:

We can talk more about that later, how are you doing?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

No, no, I insist.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I'd prefer we talk about it now, friend.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live
Today is lylo, right? Because I'm the cop and spiros is town. Who that doctor?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Today is lylo, right? Because I'm the cop and spiros is town. Who that doctor?

Aww, disappointing. I thought you would have gone full board with your claim and said you caught scum.

Yeah, I'm the cop. Somber is a scum.

##vote Somber

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

I will solve this in the morning. Please do not throw more votes in the meantime, friends.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live
niiice ##vote asiina

i'm SUPER glad because i legitimately couldn't understand where you were coming from earlier and i thought 'ugh but asiina is town so i must just be stupid.'

the smart thing to do might have been to fakeclaim doctor though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live
it's almost too bad there even IS a cop in this setup because the only way for the scum to win is to kill the cop d1/n1 or kill the investigation target. which admittedly is reasonable but a little less satisfying.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

niiice ##vote asiina

i'm SUPER glad because i legitimately couldn't understand where you were coming from earlier and i thought 'ugh but asiina is town so i must just be stupid.'

the smart thing to do might have been to fakeclaim doctor though.

I still think you should have gone full on and said you caught a scum. I mean if you're going to open up with a fakeclaim, might as well fully go for it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

it's almost too bad there even IS a cop in this setup because the only way for the scum to win is to kill the cop d1/n1 or kill the investigation target. which admittedly is reasonable but a little less satisfying.

C9s are pretty balanced since there's basically no room for a mistake from both sides, but I think we are in agreement about cops being bad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Anyway I'm going to bed. Vote Somber for a brighter tomorrow.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live

Asiina posted:

I still think you should have gone full on and said you caught a scum. I mean if you're going to open up with a fakeclaim, might as well fully go for it.

I agree that if someone were going to fake a result it would be a scum one, yes. Thanks.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 22, 2011

Maybe it's because I've been up all night playing video games, but I'm kind of confused. Can our prospective cops share who they read and what their results were?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live

GlitchThief posted:

Maybe it's because I've been up all night playing video games, but I'm kind of confused. Can our prospective cops share who they read and what their results were?

I investigated spiros and got a result of not guilty.

It is 100% Asiina. We'll know the other one tomorrow guaranteed.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

I think it's somber right now. I am sleepy but cannot sleep.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

9 hour shift followed by a party but can I sleep no of course not

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Glitch, Narc, please look at asii and somber hard and determine which you find scummy.

I'm hoping they're both scum though, don't discount that possibility. My favorite option, really.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Twist is pig lists a cop bug there isn't one and scum knows it so they can gambit this. Hehe that would own.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live
I don't blame you but you are wrong. Her posts yesterday calling me out are fake and if you look long enough you will see it.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I don't blame you but you are wrong. Her posts yesterday calling me out are fake and if you look long enough you will see it.

Is this like one of those stare at the statue of liberty until shes hot type things

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GlitchThief posted:

I copped Somber because I thought he was scum, and then he turned out to be scum.

GJ me.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Asiina (1): Somberbrero
Somberbrero (1): Asiina

Not Voting (3): AnonymousNarcotics, GlitchThief, Spiros

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 10th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 31 minutes.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 22, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

Can you spell this out a little?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

i hope i die
warmed
by the life that i tried
to live

GlitchThief posted:

Can you spell this out a little?

Probably not, I'm working like 14 hours today. Her calling my alignment based on my early spiros vote didn't make sense because I had supporting content. Her argument yesterday was 'I don't count that content.' Which was fair enough when I thought she was just stubborn town and not manipulative scum.

I mean, she said the smart thing to do as scum would be to fakeclaim cop with a scum result, and that is what she did.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 22, 2011

I'm leaning more towards Asiina being the cop and Somber being scum.

Of the two players, Asiina has been the most consistent on her positions throughout day 1. The idea that she would use the night to cop Somber makes sense to me based on how she posted.

Somber was a little more all-over-the-place and had that weird deal where he kept the vote on diqnol, seemingly on accident and over a gut call, even as he was trying to cast suspicion on me.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

I'll devil's advocate here and point out that scum have motivation to be consistent and town really do not.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 22, 2011

Spiros posted:

I'm hoping they're both scum though, don't discount that possibility. My favorite option, really.

Is this your actual read or is this just your take on what would be most exciting/dramatic?

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

GlitchThief posted:

Is this your actual read or is this just your take on what would be most exciting/dramatic?

The latter but I do feel like the game narrative has been driven by us 3 so it's funny to think I was just getting yanked around by the other two primary participants.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 22, 2011

They've certainly secured the conversation for today. It's hard to ignore dueling cop claims.

Where do you sit on them at the moment, though?

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

I tend to side with you in that Asiina seems more likely to be the cop. Still, I need to do a quick reread - give me 5 minutes.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Asiina posted:

I mean, I know he's definitely lying. It just makes me want to ignore him though because there's nothing to even engage with.

Breadcrumb.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

Probably not, I'm working like 14 hours today. Her calling my alignment based on my early spiros vote didn't make sense because I had supporting content. Her argument yesterday was 'I don't count that content.' Which was fair enough when I thought she was just stubborn town and not manipulative scum.

I mean, she said the smart thing to do as scum would be to fakeclaim cop with a scum result, and that is what she did.

Your vote on Diqnol was a joke vote based on his hypercharger claim, then you harped on it as a real vote and defended it when I pushed you on it while simultaneously saying that you thought you were voting for Glitch. It doesn't make any sense.

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Also Asii I think Somber's choice makes more sense because he had to basically investigate me based on his previous stances, he knows that I'm town and that there's another cop so there'd be two people on his rear end if he came up with a false positive on me, and if we see through his poo poo and flip him, I'm certainly not cleared like I would be if he called me scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Spiros posted:

Also Asii I think Somber's choice makes more sense because he had to basically investigate me based on his previous stances, he knows that I'm town and that there's another cop so there'd be two people on his rear end if he came up with a false positive on me, and if we see through his poo poo and flip him, I'm certainly not cleared like I would be if he called me scum.

Yeah I was thinking about it last night if his claim clears you, but I don't think so.

I just think if you're going to gambit like this, it's probably better to go all out and claim a scum result and hope someone votes without thinking before the real cop can counterclaim.

People make careless votes at lylo all the time, so it's worth banking on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPRockySituation
May 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

also I'd hang glitchthief but first I really want to hang spiros! gently caress!

the hypercharger thing is dumb so glitchthief asking about it seems similarly pointless? especially in an open setup game.

Doesn't feel like a cop said this.

Somberbrero posted:

(referencing an Anarc post) That's a pretty good post.

Somberbrero posted:

That last day of content was less helpful than I expected it to be. My gut still says spiros but that's probably not going to happen. I don't like the way glitchthief stepped out once the conversation shifted away from him. Now that I think about the only position of his that I can recall is on jimson, which should have experienced at least a little development in the past page or so.

I could also vote anarc. That was some pretty fluffy posting and I don't think that'll change anytime soon.

I gotta lot of work to catch up on but I'll be around.

*tim allen grunt*

• Locked thread