Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
gently caress Obama trying to ram through the TPP and vetoing the 9/11 bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I hope the 9/11 veto gets overridden if he does it. Saudi Arabia sucks.

Although Obama has kind of a point that it then sets a precedent and opens the USA up to lawsuits from foreigners. Solution to that is maybe stop doing illegal war things though!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I mean this poo poo at the end just shows what he's all about.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

I hope the 9/11 veto gets overridden if he does it. Saudi Arabia sucks.

Although Obama has kind of a point that it then sets a precedent and opens the USA up to lawsuits from foreigners. Solution to that is maybe stop doing illegal war things though!

It sets a "precedent" how? Obama is full of poo poo, he supports the Saudis, and that's all there is to it.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
bomb mecca imho

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Someone dig up a bunch of DND posts from 2007 about how obama would use his last days in office to fix everything "5th dimensional chess"

he opened up the 5th dimension alright, but it just turned into a wormhole all his campaign financiers can come through hellboy style

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I dunno he's ramming through a lot of cool things. FDA regulation of vape stuff, ending "antibacterial" crap, setting aside tons of land and water for nature/fishing preserves, various other stuff.

reallivedinosaur posted:

It sets a "precedent" how? Obama is full of poo poo, he supports the Saudis, and that's all there is to it.

Maybe look up the definition of the word there guy. If the USA says 'we can sue SA in private for their actions against us' then what prevents European countries from jumping on that wagon and letting their citizens sue the USA in international courts for causing the refugee crisis or whatever else?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
e: quote is not edit

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
gently caress obama that dirty millionaire never even put single payer on the table

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

I dunno he's ramming through a lot of cool things. FDA regulation of vape stuff, ending "antibacterial" crap, setting aside tons of land and water for nature/fishing preserves, various other stuff.

Truly historic. I feel bad I never voted for him now

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Down with Big Vape"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

Maybe look up the definition of the word there guy. If the USA says 'we can sue SA in private for their actions against us' then what prevents European countries from jumping on that wagon and suing the USA for causing the refugee crisis or whatever else?

The law prevents that already. The US doesn't have to entertain lawsuits from foreign nationals or governments.

If you want to sue the USA in a saudi court, well that's already possible and lovely little tinpot dictators convict US officials of "crimes" all the time.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

Maybe look up the definition of the word there guy. If the USA says 'we can sue SA in private for their actions against us' then what prevents European countries from jumping on that wagon and letting their citizens sue the USA in international courts for causing the refugee crisis or whatever else?

same thing that stopped the supreme court from unenforcing the indian removal act

HOT STEEL

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Truly historic. I feel bad I never voted for him now

Look he's not the most amazing president ever but it's kind of silly how people get so gung ho one way or another. Like being normal has just disappeared from the political scene and if you're not decrying Obama as a Muslim sell out terrorist corporatist you clearly must be shilling or something.

Drove past someone the other day who was sitting by his minivan which was covered in 'MICHELLE OBAMA IS A TRANNY' stickers shouting about Muslims. That isn't a good look.

Odds are things are more complex in DC than just the President sitting back with a grin and enacting shadow government policies.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Roylicious posted:

Look he's not the most amazing president ever but it's kind of silly how people get so gung ho one way or another. Like being normal has just disappeared from the political scene and if you're not decrying Obama as a Muslim sell out terrorist corporatist you clearly must be shilling or something.

Drove past someone the other day who was sitting by his minivan which was covered in 'MICHELLE OBAMA IS A TRANNY' stickers shouting about Muslims. That isn't a good look.

the status quo is not a good thing and should not be something we support

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
oh yeah the antibacterial soap is great because it doesn't matter even in the tinest smallest amount since india and china pump about two gallons of antibiotics into each child who ever catches a cold, which is what actually creates the resistant bacteria... smh obama more like what a bum

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
our president is the CIA anyway, as a country we're led around by our intelligence community, even when that enmires us in long counterproductive wars

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

dookifex_maximus posted:

gently caress obama that dirty millionaire never even put single payer on the table

Those liberals weren't askin for the end of the Forever War. They knew that was not happenin. All they wanted was some single-payer health care. He never did give them liberals that single-payer health care, that single-payer health care was just a heartbreakin' liar's promise.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

gently caress the ROW posted:

oh yeah the antibacterial soap is great because it doesn't matter even in the tinest smallest amount since india and china pump about two gallons of antibiotics into each child who ever catches a cold, which is what actually creates the resistant bacteria... smh obama more like what a bum

See this is the kind of intellectual dishonesty that turns people off. Sorry but it's totally a good thing that the FDA has been empowered to go after bullshit like that and India/China have nothing to do with it. Besides which we are negotiating with them about using less (or eliminating) agricultural antibiotics.

Being mad at Obama because he can't wave a magic wand and tell India and China what to do is insane.

reallivedinosaur posted:

the status quo is not a good thing and should not be something we support

And I don't like HRC. I'm simply saying Obama is not some mastermind sellout corporatist and it is true that he faced unprecedented opposition from the GOP in nearly every single thing he tried to do. Saying 'nuh uh he controlled both houses and got nothing done!' just makes normal people :rolleyes: at you.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

Odds are things are more complex in DC than just the President sitting back with a grin and enacting shadow government policies.

He ain't sitting back. He played a ton of golf

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

bill needs our help guys

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

See this is the kind of intellectual dishonesty that turns people off. Sorry but it's totally a good thing that the FDA has been empowered to go after bullshit like that and India/China have nothing to do with it. Besides which we are negotiating with them about using less (or eliminating) agricultural antibiotics.

im not sure you even know what youre talking about at all, especially if you think the FDA "goes after" anything except for flagrant violations (after the fact) or perhaps political opponents of whoever currently appointed the FDA

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

And I don't like HRC. I'm simply saying Obama is not some mastermind sellout corporatist and it is true that he faced unprecedented opposition from the GOP in nearly every single thing he tried to do. Saying 'nuh uh he controlled both houses and got nothing done!' just makes normal people :rolleyes: at you.

Now you're insulting him more, because what savvy ex-senator wouldn't know the most basic bargaining tactic? You ask for full communism so you can settle for single payer.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I like how it's now an Obama conspiracy that single payer public option didn't happen even though the GOP explicitely said 'we will filibuster this unless you remove this' and at the time the Dems did not have 60 seats so it was either remove it or nothing. Then the GOP filibustered anyway and the Dems got lucky with Kennedy's seat and managed to squeak it through as it was on the floor before the GOP got the seat filled.

It's also an Obama conspiracy that the GOP then sued over it and took it all the way to the Supreme Court, which was only resolved June 2015.

What exactly is he supposed to do? The executive isn't the king. He can't just force Congress to pass laws nor can he tell the courts to screw off with their injunctions.

dookifex_maximus posted:

Now you're insulting him more, because what savvy ex-senator wouldn't know the most basic bargaining tactic? You ask for full communism so you can settle for single payer.

There is no bargaining possible when the GOP says 'remove this or we will filibuster it and it will never pass because you don't have 60 seats.'

e:

im not sure you even know what youre talking about at all, especially if you think the FDA "goes after" anything except for flagrant violations (after the fact) or perhaps political opponents of whoever currently appointed the FDA

I very rarely post in here but even I know you're either a moron or a bad troll. "Empowerment of this toothless regulatory agency is bad because it is toothless!!!" is what you just said.

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 20, 2016

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
ugh i can practically smell moridin posting in this thread already... nice work baiting him out here with all those stupid words. G*d drat it

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I think I win if you start seeing Mordins in the shadows lmao.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

reallivedinosaur posted:

bill needs our help guys

lmao beautiful

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

reallivedinosaur posted:

bill needs our help guys

Okay that's pretty great.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Roylicious posted:

I think I win if you start seeing Mordins in the shadows lmao.

Its like your twins... Im curious abotu what you think you're winning... hope its really good, to make up for all the pain, suffering, emotional traumas you inflicted with your posting

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Dont answer that never mind

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

reallivedinosaur posted:

bill needs our help guys

:trumppop:

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Its like your twins... Im curious abotu what you think you're winning... hope its really good, to make up for all the pain, suffering, emotional traumas you inflicted with your posting

Dont answer that never mind

Nice meltdown?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

reallivedinosaur posted:

bill needs our help guys

:ohdear:

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

reallivedinosaur posted:

bill needs our help guys

Lol 5

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That has to be deliberate. Come on

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We're through the drat looking glass

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Roylicious posted:

Well if you think that corporate interests are that ingrained then it really does not matter whatsoever who is president.

If all billionaires and F500 companies were aligned on who the best candidate for them would be then I might agree but that's not remotely true at all.

Actually, since they have bought both parties, they are free to use the stage of national politics to play out their petty internecine squabbles. So no, it doesn't matter.

Vote Trump.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Roylicious posted:

I like how it's now an Obama conspiracy that single payer public option didn't happen even though the GOP explicitely said 'we will filibuster this unless you remove this' and at the time the Dems did not have 60 seats so it was either remove it or nothing. Then the GOP filibustered anyway and the Dems got lucky with Kennedy's seat and managed to squeak it through as it was on the floor before the GOP got the seat filled.

It's also an Obama conspiracy that the GOP then sued over it and took it all the way to the Supreme Court, which was only resolved June 2015.

What exactly is he supposed to do? The executive isn't the king. He can't just force Congress to pass laws nor can he tell the courts to screw off with their injunctions.

There is no bargaining possible when the GOP says 'remove this or we will filibuster it and it will never pass because you don't have 60 seats.'

e:

I very rarely post in here but even I know you're either a moron or a bad troll. "Empowerment of this toothless regulatory agency is bad because it is toothless!!!" is what you just said.

Lmao i don't even care about any of this but just lmao at "the GOP threatened to filibuster so it was completely impossible of course no chance whatsoever shouldn't even try, except uhh this thing they filibustered and got passed anyway"

Like lol hardest self own i've seen in a while

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The odd choice of words for the first word in each statement... Lol this has to be real and I don't believe for a goddamn second it's not the kind of thing slick willy would do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

reallivedinosaur posted:

bill needs our help guys

2016. We're obviously going crazy, let's stop whining about it and sack up. Vote Trump.

• Locked thread