Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Manticorny posted:

perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle

malcolm in the middle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Whorelord posted:

malcolm in the middle?

No, the show actually called 'The Middle' which is just a rehash of Malcolm in the Middle as far as I can tell.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you know what op i slept on it and i agree now south park is the worst show ever i mean fuking sure why not right hahah ??

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Theophany posted:

No, the show actually called 'The Middle' which is just a rehash of Malcolm in the Middle as far as I can tell.

And they had the gall to call it "The Middle".

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Southpark is very good.. Well, ttfn

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
South Park always has a couple episodes per season that are pretty funny and clever, and the rest of them are goddamn terrible.

But the show as a whole isn't a tenth as lovely as The Cleveland Show or most reality TV.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Cleveland Show was pretty loving awful. I'm sure it consisted of scripts Family Guy and American Dad had turned down with the names changed. Don't know what South Park is like these days, stopped watching when I saw an advert boasting about how they had Pewdiepie guest starring in an episode.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

South Park is pretty awesome and I'm the guy who writes the T.V guides.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Most of the people who originally liked south park but don't like it now only started disliking it when it started making fun of the wrong people and beliefs

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sunswipe posted:

Cleveland Show was pretty loving awful. I'm sure it consisted of scripts Family Guy and American Dad had turned down with the names changed. Don't know what South Park is like these days, stopped watching when I saw an advert boasting about how they had Pewdiepie guest starring in an episode.

Cleveland Show is especially egregious because it somehow gets away with constant lazy racist jokes while employing so many white voice actors it's practically an animated minstrel show because it's *~Seth MacFarlane~*

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
It blows my mind that people ascribe right wing views to the South Park creators when shows like Last Man Standing exist

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

KomodoWagon posted:

Cleveland Show is especially egregious because it somehow gets away with constant lazy racist jokes while employing so many white voice actors it's practically an animated minstrel show because it's *~Seth MacFarlane~*

Past tense.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ehh they still show reruns of it like crazy where I'm at

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if i woke up to the news that trey parker, matt stone, and seht mcafarlane all disappeared i'd probably think to myself "finally, some good news!" then click to the next article about how hillary is a criminal and dnald trump is like the joker from batman

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

KomodoWagon posted:

Ehh they still show reruns of it like crazy where I'm at

That sucks. Even Fox stopped airing re-runs here. Though for some reason Comedy Central in the UK literally air Friends from start to finish and I can't seem to work out why. I mean, if you wanted to watch that poo poo unfunny show, you've had like a decade or more to check it out.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I never minded politics that didn't match my own as a basis for humor.

But the whole "manbearpig" thing where they pushed real hard to laugh at how unbelievable global warming was, was a big fat giant strawman argument we were supposed to treat as if it were funny.

It was emblematic of everything unfunny about most right wing humor where you're supposed to laugh because you hate the same people.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

if i woke up to the news that trey parker, matt stone, and seht mcafarlane all disappeared i'd probably think to myself "finally, some good news!" then click to the next article about how hillary is a criminal and dnald trump is like the joker from batman

trey parker and matt stone are great though. all of their movies are hella good. they make musicals which are also good and i dont even like musicals. south park is where they straight up tell people they poo poo out an episode a week regardless of quality

name a good thing seth macfarlane has been in. a single movie, or television show, hell even a single animated short from 'the comedic genius of Seth macfarline'

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ikanreed posted:

I never minded politics that didn't match my own as a basis for humor.

But the whole "manbearpig" thing where they pushed real hard to laugh at how unbelievable global warming was, was a big fat giant strawman argument we were supposed to treat as if it were funny.

they laughed at the tone and presentation of global warming in his movie, because he treated it like a spooky boogeyman and demanded attention for the SERIOUS ISSUE. thats why the episode wasn't about climate change, it was about manbearpig

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

nigga crab pollock posted:

trey parker and matt stone are great though. all of their movies are hella good. they make musicals which are also good and i dont even like musicals. south park is where they straight up tell people they poo poo out an episode a week regardless of quality

name a good thing seth macfarlane has been in. a single movie, or television show, hell even a single animated short from 'the comedic genius of Seth macfarline'

ill admit that while i dont like parker/stone they are exponentially more talented than seth macfarlane but that's true of most people

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's not always great but there's a lot of good episodes and it's nice to see some political satire with teeth in the mainstream media.

Although I haven't seen a full episode since about 2013 so maybe it's different now.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

ElectricSheep posted:

It blows my mind that people ascribe right wing views to the South Park creators when shows like Last Man Standing exist

lefties used to love south park until they dared to take a few shots in their direction, which immediately branded Stone/Parker as conservative/republican/alt-right/MRA/PUA/gamergate/etc in their tiny minds

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
south park is political but disconnected from the political machines trying to control the news media and because it isn't bearing the flag of one political organization over another it gets flack from both because we live in a society where unless you give up your self respect, lay down and take it in the rear end and trumpet exactly what's loving you then you'll get snarky hit pieces written about you

its very obvious that they grew up in mormon areas and are opposed to conservative american values but at the same time are not liberal and clearly have no respect for the political elites in charge of the democratic/liberal movement atm

so if you hate conservative american values and tell hillary to go gently caress herself, that makes you right wing. alt-right. trump supporters. you know, the people who go around breaking your car windows at night.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
For a time it was. Season 1 was an overnight sensation, but then seasons 2-5 are considered the worst ever because Matt and Trey put other people in charge of writing when they went off to do That's My Bush for a while. It's not often a show can go into a downward spiral and then make a full recovery.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

season 4 and 5 were fine. i think it was just 2 and 3 where they got other writers involved

e: yup it was just season 2

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I like South Park but do not think a TV show should be my moral or political philosophies.

That's for movies

*Puts on Batman mask*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its hilarious u idiots

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Orkin Mang posted:

its hilarious u idiots

Also, this.

PS ilu Orkin Mang

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Manticorny posted:

it's bad, but i'm pretty sure family guy is worse

fg is now much worse.

i just rewatched some old fg episodes, they are so good...

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Orkin Mang posted:

its hilarious u idiots

u must be a cisgendered trump voter!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

Also, this.

PS ilu Orkin Mang

i love u too man. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52R-znOwjkk

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

u must be a cisgendered trump voter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtIHSRW-K04

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
That new South Park game done like and old school Final Fantasy game was actually pretty fun and had some funny moments in it. I'm probably gonna get the sequel when it hits

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Booblord Zagats posted:

That new South Park game done like and old school Final Fantasy game was actually pretty fun and had some funny moments in it. I'm probably gonna get the sequel when it hits

:same:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

DOMDOM posted:

i watch shows that make me laugh who cares what stock other people put in them?

fart in my dickhole

I don't live in my mom's basement so I have to interact with fucknuggets who think that Manbearpig, PC Principal, and Science Otters are a serious basis for critical reasoning every so often, and that's annoying. It obliquely degrades an otherwise decent goof cartoon.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

I don't live in my mom's basement so I have to interact with fucknuggets who think that Manbearpig, PC Principal, and Science Otters are a serious basis for critical reasoning every so often, and that's annoying. It obliquely degrades an otherwise decent goof cartoon.

PC Principal is real tho.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I forgot how goons get triggered by manbearpig lol

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Really? What's his name irl? Who was he based on?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I have a real problem with satire that doesn't mesh with my world views. A real problem.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

I forgot how goons get triggered by manbearpig lol

This is what I'm talking about--boneless whitefish creatures that manage to create sentences flopping around on the keyboard. Offensive? No. Impotent? You bet your rear end. Annoying? Yeah, that's where they get ya.

Applewhite posted:

If you're 13 and being told why you can't scream "friend of the family" in the hallways for the first time, then yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
manbearpig isn't real, you don't have to get so upset about it.

• Locked thread