Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

FogHelmut posted:

The majority of these boneless skinless chicken breasts do not seem to be sealed. Every time I defrost them, chicken juice everywhere.

The huge Chicken Wall (tm) in the meat section has chicken juice glaciers, and no towels or hand sanitizer around. It's the least favorite part of my trip when I need to restock the freezer. And it's the farthest part of my store from the bathrooms...

It's the dead pixel on the Costco Monitor of goodness :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Use the plastic bags like a doggie bag/glove

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
"In an interview on CBS' 60 Minutes in April 2017, Kozinksi talked about his support for the death penalty, but with the reservation that death by legal injection should no longer be used. He advocated the use of the guillotine or firing squad, saying that for any country that wants to take human life, citizens should be prepared to watch the proceedings.[1"

:stare:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
hes right

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

uli2000 posted:

"The parties are advised to chill."[5][6] The case was dismissed.

If I ever see this guy at the food court his dog and 20oz drink with refill is on me!

Lol. That's gotta be the coolest judge ever. PBUC

also this:

Teikanmi posted:

"In an interview on CBS' 60 Minutes in April 2017, Kozinksi talked about his support for the death penalty, but with the reservation that death by legal injection should no longer be used. He advocated the use of the guillotine or firing squad, saying that for any country that wants to take human life, citizens should be prepared to watch the proceedings.[1"

:stare:

Xaris posted:

hes right

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Sep 8, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
He’s right

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Got organic chicken breast, couscous, those nifty travel pants, a lot of awesome frozen fish and of course a dog. Also stopped by the glasses counter to find out my glasses size, just so I can go buy ray bands online. Glasses guy informed me I should test them out in person because of the nose piece at a sun glasses hut first, before ordering online.

PBUC

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

FogHelmut posted:

The majority of these boneless skinless chicken breasts do not seem to be sealed. Every time I defrost them, chicken juice everywhere.

Wait wait

Are you defrosting them IN the bag??

Oh I guess you are probably talking about defrosting them in the fridge, duh

e: just had this hilarious mental image of someone defrosting a sealed chicken breast in the microwave

Taima fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 9, 2017

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
A jury of my peers must, by definition, contain only CostCo members your Honor. Non members are not peers but strangers awaiting conversion.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Out of curiosity what do the unwashed Sam's Folken look forward to?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Went to temple today, got a combo pie and a bunch of other stuff. They had pork shoulder butt for 1.99 a pound AND take off $4 at the register. So you know I got a giant hunk of meat. Now I gotta figure out how to cook it properly. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Oh and,

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

FilthyImp posted:

Forgive them, they know not what they do.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FilthyImp posted:

Beating their wives while lusting for non-livable worker's wages.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Went to temple today, got a combo pie and a bunch of other stuff. They had pork shoulder butt for 1.99 a pound AND take off $4 at the register. So you know I got a giant hunk of meat. Now I gotta figure out how to cook it properly. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Got a pressure cooker handy?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

sandball posted:

Got a pressure cooker handy?

I do

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

They had pork shoulder butt for 1.99 a pound AND take off $4 at the register. So you know I got a giant hunk of meat. Now I gotta figure out how to cook it properly. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Have you ever heard of sous vide? http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/07/sous-vide-barbecue-pulled-pork-shoulder-recipe.html

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Holy

poo poo

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Make carnitas

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I made this three weeks ago from Costco meat and got-drat it is life affirming.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Whenever I've got a pork shoulder handy I usually do the following: Quarter the shoulder along the bone, toss it with some sliced onions along with a spice mixture of cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic, dried peppers and some bay leaves. Add a cup or two of whatever liquid you like using (stock, water, beer) and cook that all at high pressure for around 30 minutes.

When it comes out of pressure it should be shreddable (if it isn't then it needs a little more time in the cooker). After shredding I toss it and a little bit of the liquid it cooked in on a sheetpan, top it with a few tablespoons of brown sugar along with some lime juice and pop it all under the broiler for a few minutes.

Serve on tortillas or kaiser rolls (or whatever you have handy that's breadlike)

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I haven't tried sous vide-ing a pork butt yet, I just can't imagine making pulled pork without smoking it. I should try one of these days but I love breaking out my smoker.

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002
Today I had a big Costco run. I got some chicken breasts (for lunch salad), stewing beef. I also picked up a hoodie. Since I'm in Texas, the hoodies they offer aren't very warm or good, but what can you do?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Hit the local 'co today. Didn't have a sacrament, but I did renew my membership at the register, another year of quality and savings for me.

PBUC.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

sandball posted:

Whenever I've got a pork shoulder handy I usually do the following: Quarter the shoulder along the bone, toss it with some sliced onions along with a spice mixture of cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic, dried peppers and some bay leaves. Add a cup or two of whatever liquid you like using (stock, water, beer) and cook that all at high pressure for around 30 minutes.

When it comes out of pressure it should be shreddable (if it isn't then it needs a little more time in the cooker). After shredding I toss it and a little bit of the liquid it cooked in on a sheetpan, top it with a few tablespoons of brown sugar along with some lime juice and pop it all under the broiler for a few minutes.

Serve on tortillas or kaiser rolls (or whatever you have handy that's breadlike)

I find slowcooking is better than pressure cooking if you wanna shred at the end but whatever floats your boat.

Sous vide sounds crazy good.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

arisu posted:

I haven't tried sous vide-ing a pork butt yet, I just can't imagine making pulled pork without smoking it. I should try one of these days but I love breaking out my smoker.

Sous vide for 24 hours, then finish the pork shoulder in the smoker for one to three hours. It's amazing

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Oh and,

need you to send those all to me tia

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

FilthyImp posted:

Dr. Pepper?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The Hambulance posted:

Sous vide for 24 hours, then finish the pork shoulder in the smoker for one to three hours. It's amazing

If I ever see the sous vide they sell online at my local Costco my bank account will be even more hosed than it already is.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I didn't have a lot of weird poo poo so I just covered the pork in whatever spices I had, then I browned it on all sides and deglazed the pressure cooker with water and lemon juice. Now it's cooking for an hour. I used a lot of cumin it smells like an indian restaurant in here. Lord Costco please let me pork butt come out good. Mashallah.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Went last week and they had a 2 jar pack of sliced jalapeņos. Never saw that before at my location, amazing. I've had spicy poops all week. I need to go back today and get more.

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

So apparently my costco ditched the brat for chili? Went for the dog instead but that better be good drat chili to drop the brat.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Loveline posted:

So apparently my costco ditched the brat for chili? Went for the dog instead but that better be good drat chili to drop the brat.

That happened at my Costco as well. I was sad to see the brat go, but the chili is pretty good. They are also ditching the beef brisket sandwich for cheeseburgers, but that hasn't happened yet. I think it's a pretty fair trade off.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They did a Carne Asada Bake at my old 'Co and it was a terrible embarassment. 10 minutes to get it anf it wasnt as great as the Chicken.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Brisket is good but too messy and drippy for Costco eating. Hopefully we get the burger soon.

Just grabbed a rotisserie chicken fresh out of the oven. We were all standing there like savages waiting for her to box them up.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

my pork rear end was a great success

I now have the pork and wine itis

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Got some pub mix, cat food, granola, mac and cheese and a dog.

PBUC.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Cloks posted:

mac and cheese

The take-n-bake one? that thing has like 1 billion calories. So drat good.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

The take-n-bake one? that thing has like 1 billion calories. So drat good.

Annie's, with the bunnies on it. I'll look for the other one next time I'm back at the 'stco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Harton posted:

Brisket is good but too messy and drippy for Costco eating. Hopefully we get the burger soon.

Just grabbed a rotisserie chicken fresh out of the oven. We were all standing there like savages waiting for her to box them up.

Brisket's also become an expensive piece of meat, whereas the burgs are just like the dogs in that both are sold in the freezer section. Buns would stay the same it's a matter of keeping the fresh produce in the cafeteria.

The upside of going to pay tribute about half an hour before they close is that generally no one is there and the lines are short. The downside is that they're cleaning up the food stand and the past few times I've gone I haven't been able to get my 1/4lb all beef hot dog (I'm sure I could get the 20oz drink with free refill if I wanted but without the dog I don't). Yes I know I can just buy a pack and do it myself but I don't want that many and it's not the same and I don't want to.