Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Are you feeding a robot that makes diarrhea? :shrug:

Uhhhh... Robot?

My Costco is close by, so I go pretty much once a week, my freezer is full of Costco meat.

ArbitraryC posted:

Thinkin about them garbonzo beans

Three bucks for a number 10 can gets pretty close to the price for dried beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Costco sells 40 lbs of bird seed for $10. Get a bird feeder and load it up. Birds can be fun to watch.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Gotta say, the deals for Costco this month are pretty underwhelming.

But if you do a company holiday gift exchange, the buckets of Nutella they sell are cheap, on sale so even cheaper, and always very popular. Especially with the ladies.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I can't wait to witness my first new Costco location opening ceremony! A new location just broke ground 2 months ago near my work, and should be done by June. It's in Woodstock, Dr. Tim Whatley.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Caliph Whatley will be blessing it when it opens to parishioners.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Cooked this tonight. I should have bought like 5 packs and froze them all. extremely high quality cuts of chicken and decently healthy. i just eat it straight up with NORMANDY BLEND VEG!!!

You can do whatever you want with it though!

Two meals worth was ~$8.50.

PBUC!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

"Keep refrigerated" haha, as if. More like "No time to refrigerate, this pollo asado is going straight into the oven and then my mouth"

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I recommend using your cast iron pan and grilling it up or just going OG and firing up the BBQ but if you cook it indoors however you want, your house is guaranteed to smell amazing.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Well now I really want some, and will be upset if I can't find any.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
_______________/before i die, just one more dog

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Teikanmi posted:

_______________/before i die, just one more dog

agree

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

'sco is unreasonably busy at 11:10am on a Friday

e: if anyone was wondering, it's because of old people. Old people who stand in the middle of isles and walk real slow.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 1, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone get a real Christmas tree at Costco? Results?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Hypnolobster posted:

'sco is unreasonably busy at 11:10am on a Friday

e: if anyone was wondering, it's because of old people. Old people who stand in the middle of isles and walk real slow.

Then they meet other olds, and hold congress with their giant empty carts.

There are so many old people where I live the Costco is always packed.

lgcty5
Jan 4, 2003

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone get a real Christmas tree at Costco? Results?

I'm requesting this report as well. Sco'Fir?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm planning a LOTR marathon tomorrow, with accompanying small bites and brisket during ROTK. Of course, I am relying on Glorious Costco for all the food.

What would you guys recommend in terms of meaty, potatoey (aka on brand Middle Earth) snacks? I am definitely getting sausages and maybe potato skins with cheese (hell yeah). I am going to ask the butcher if they sell cow femurs too, for bone marrow (loving yum my dudes).

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

smoobles posted:

I'm planning a LOTR marathon tomorrow, with accompanying small bites and brisket during ROTK. Of course, I am relying on Glorious Costco for all the food.

What would you guys recommend in terms of meaty, potatoey (aka on brand Middle Earth) snacks? I am definitely getting sausages and maybe potato skins with cheese (hell yeah). I am going to ask the butcher if they sell cow femurs too, for bone marrow (loving yum my dudes).

Get the mini naan packs for use as edible bready plates and to absorb the delicious meat juices.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I've bought the big packs of meatballs before for parties, and they have always been a hit. I think the most popular ones were spicy/sweet chicken balls.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Don't forget the Kirkland Signature Lembas Bread

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
If you have the big bag of frozen meatballs, do yourself a favor and heat them up in a crock pot with some sweet baby rays. It's so simple and it tastes so delicious.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

13Pandora13 posted:

Get the mini naan packs for use as edible bready plates and to absorb the delicious meat juices.

Those mini-naan packs are also the best thing to scoop up cheese fondue with.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

smoobles posted:

Taters. Nice crispy bacon. And some pipe weed. :getin:

Honestly I don't know but that sounds like a really cool theme. If you have a fireplace, get that baby going.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

smoobles posted:

King's Hawaiian Rolls make a great bite of bread. Some fried tomato perhaps? Or some nice raw fish?

naem
May 29, 2011

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Taters. Nice crispy bacon. And some pipe weed. :getin:

Honestly I don't know but that sounds like a really cool theme. If you have a fireplace, get that baby going.

https://youtu.be/S7cI5sagPco

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Jingleheimer posted:

If you have the big bag of frozen meatballs, do yourself a favor and heat them up in a crock pot with some sweet baby rays. It's so simple and it tastes so delicious.

Yeah this is amazing. Did it last weekend actually.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
The samples are what hook me in. Every goddamn time. I need to stop going on payday and definitely after I eat a meal.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lgcty5 posted:

Pay at the register inside. Was $53.99 for 7'-8' Noble Fir at Aliso Viejo, CA. Bring your receipt to the shipping container on a trailer at the back of the parking lot. It's Sunday afternoon, so I parked there anyway. Trees are precut and prewrapped. You'll have to trust Costco quality, or you can return your tree and get a new one because it's Costco. They have dudes there who can help you carry it to your car. Twine is available to secure your tree.

I checked, it's the same price tree at the big box stores. I'm sure this is better quality. I haven't opened it yet, it's sitting in a bucket of water in my back yard.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

lgcty5 posted:

Same process as above. Price adjusted for Pittsburgh so $35 bucks for a 7.5-8.5ft frasier fir. When I walked up to the trailer the guy asked me if I wanted a 10 footer. Tree is currently unfurling in the stand.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Unbeknownst to me, my membership expired 11/30 and I stopped to get some gas on my way home from work on 12/1. Wouldn't you know it, they actually allow you to get gas one time after your membership expires so you don't feel like an idiot and have to waste time going in to renew your membership before you fill your tank. Stopped in yesterday to do some shopping and renewed my membership to the faith. PBUC.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I've bought 4 Sherpa throws so far, one small and one king sized for the house, and two small ones as Christmas gifts.

But I think I need one more queen sized one, for me. I have several different places I like to sit and I don't like having to carry a throw from room to room, like an animal.

So, yeah.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Unbeknownst to me, my membership expired 11/30 and I stopped to get some gas on my way home from work on 12/1. Wouldn't you know it, they actually allow you to get gas one time after your membership expires so you don't feel like an idiot and have to waste time going in to renew your membership before you fill your tank. Stopped in yesterday to do some shopping and renewed my membership to the faith. PBUC.

The Lord anticipates all

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GORDON posted:

I've bought 4 Sherpa throws so far, one small and one king sized for the house, and two small ones as Christmas gifts.

But I think I need one more queen sized one, for me. I have several different places I like to sit and I don't like having to carry a throw from room to room, like an animal.

So, yeah.

Respect yourself and buy yourself a King

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Who would ever need a King Size? Are you a literal giant? Are you sharing it with a small village? I’ve got a Queen Size and I have no idea what to do with, like, 2/3 of it. Do you want to wrap yourself up like a burrito that’s almost entirely tortilla?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sir, this is america

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Costco is the LORD God
Jim Sinegal is his only begotten son
Bountiful savings is the Holy Ghost

The holy triumvirate of shopping

Show your faith with communion on this day

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox posted:

Who would ever need a King Size? Are you a literal giant? Are you sharing it with a small village? I’ve got a Queen Size and I have no idea what to do with, like, 2/3 of it. Do you want to wrap yourself up like a burrito that’s almost entirely tortilla?

What I finally did with mine was drape it over my pathetically small twin bed so I'm sleeping ON it, like a giant hairy chest of softness. Every week I pull it to different part and in like 2 months I'll wash it.

Gross, but so cozy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Tree update-

Just placed it in the stand. Needs to settle out. Looks very full, few if any bare spots. Well shaped. Moist is the wrong word for a tree, but it seems very fresh.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Midniter posted:

As far as I know they've been just automatically renewing mine. I have literally all of my bills on auto-pay so I never pay attention.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

King sized blankets are good because women are blanket thieves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Phylodox posted:

A tortilla made of freshly shorn minks, yes

(also we have a King sized bed, but mostly the tortilla thing)