Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

jerry seinfel posted:

i got the costco spinach, artichoke, and parmesan dip

it's so loving good and the parmesan makes it

The version of this with jalapeños is really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah and the container is huge

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I decided to do my first real visit to my Costco. My husband wanted to come with, to be the voice of reason as we navigated these new waters together.

We were both hangry, so our first stop was the food court. He had the dog and drink, I had a slice of pepp and his free refill. I tasted of the dog and deemed it worthy of all the praise I've heard. Our meal was less than $4 and it won him over instantly. The pizza was so greasy and cheesy that it practically slid down my throat without assistance. It was the best pizza I've had in a long time.

The beautiful thing about Costco is that it normalizes large products. It makes you feel like a child again in those towering aisles, but this time you lack supervision and are armed with a credit card (executive membership card already assumed). Then you load up your tiny car and go back to your tiny apartment and realize that no, you can't fit the tortilla chips bag the size of your loving torso into your tiny-rear end cupboards

I'm sitting next to a 50oz tub of pretzel snaps while I'm :justpost:ing

We also brought home a rotisserie chicken (unpictured).

A closer Costco will be opening on his birthday. A sign, maybe, for us to stay with the fold.

AWarmBody fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 16, 2018

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Welcome to the fold, sister. The trinity of the normandy, rotisserie, and beef frank (with refill) upon thee.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
My local store told me that Costco would no longer be carrying the Kirkland ITO EN japanese matcha tea (100 sachets per box). WTF????? That is like the dumbest thing to do Costco, that poo poo is a staple of a lot of your customer's grocery shopping.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Call the hotline on the back of your membership card and let the corporate buyers know. I can verify that those requests and/or complaints about product availability make it back to the buyers.
Source: My daughter spent a year at the call center.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

R-Type posted:

My local store told me that Costco would no longer be carrying the Kirkland ITO EN japanese matcha tea (100 sachets per box). WTF????? That is like the dumbest thing to do Costco, that poo poo is a staple of a lot of your customer's grocery shopping.

This usually happens because either people aren't buying it frequently enough, it is a repackaged namebrand that is raising prices higher than Costco will pay, or they are slightly modifying it and it will be back within a few weeks(possibly as a seasonal item). If they are truly getting rid of it, use the suggestion box at the front of the store and complain, and they might listen.

Edit: Or listen to the guy above me since he works there.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Peachfart posted:

This usually happens because either people aren't buying it frequently enough, it is a repackaged namebrand that is raising prices higher than Costco will pay, or they are slightly modifying it and it will be back within a few weeks(possibly as a seasonal item). If they are truly getting rid of it, use the suggestion box at the front of the store and complain, and they might listen.

Edit: Or listen to the guy above me since he works there.

Yes, I can confirm that everything from the suggestion box that isn't nonsense gets sent directly to the buyers. It would probably take more than one person for them to do something about it though. Also, just because one Costco doesn't have something it doesn't mean that another one won't. Ask them to check if they have it at other nearby locations if possible. And if that fails, Costco is trying to push their online sales in an attempt to compete with Amazon, so there is a good chance you might be able to get it from Costco.com.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Spent $300 today, pickups included: choice strip steaks, choice flank steaks, choice chuck roast, shrimp, boneless pork shoulder

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Yeah, it seems like they do read and consider everything that goes into the suggestion box and even respond to it even if they're nonsense. Someone here once posted a picture of the response to suggestions and half of them were like "we still stock this item".

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Has anyone tried the Kirkland golden margarita? It's on sale for 8 bucks almost a 2 liter

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

The one with the tequila mixed in already? It's not bad. I'm not a huge fan of margaritas in general, but it's a pretty popular drink to bring to parties, especially if you blend it with ice.

At that price you can't go wrong though.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

RJWaters2 posted:

Has anyone tried the Kirkland golden margarita? It's on sale for 8 bucks almost a 2 liter

Have posted about it before. It’s pretty good, have paid £15 for a glass that was nowhere near as good in bars.

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

OMG you're right. That's exactly what he was doing haha. I totally forgot that episode.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Margarita is good but it can get problematic quickly. Once you hit the stage where your not pouring drinks anymore and just sucking it out of the bottle your gonna be waking up with some headaches.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Harton posted:

Margarita is good but it can get problematic quickly. Once you hit the stage where your not pouring drinks anymore and just sucking it out of the bottle your gonna be waking up with some headaches.

It’s a double edged sword. I had a poo poo day doing interviews on Friday, came home and was able to immediately have a pint of perfectly mixed drink before I even had time to put my keys down.

But yes, one pint lead to the next, and its 12% and Saturday was not fun.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
A proper margarita should be in the 25-30% range. Begone with your premix trash.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Add more tequila!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My friends. I'm at Costco and am unable to take my hotdog communion. I have a medical problem and haven't been able to eat since Thursday. Or drink more than sips of water.

Please my friends, pray for me.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

My friends. I'm at Costco and am unable to take my hotdog communion. I have a medical problem and haven't been able to eat since Thursday. Or drink more than sips of water.

+

=

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I found that it's more economical to buy the alcohol free Kirkland margarita mix at $6 ish for a 2 pack, and a handle of Hornitos at $26. There's cheaper tequila to be purchased as well if you so desire.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Please don’t blend your dogs.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Please don’t blend your dogs.

What if he blends it and then uses the blend as a topping for another dog? Didn't think about that did you??!!!

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

After you blend, you're supposed to pour into popsicle molds and freeze for a few hours.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
When I was 18-19 a bunch of my cousins moved into my parents' basement. Inger of them was anorexic and had started some gas diet where she would only eat blended goid in a smoothie. One of my other cousins became obsessed with the idea of blending a Denny's Grand Slam breakfast. It was... not good when he finally did it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

RJWaters2 posted:

It is good for the cost. Not a real margarita by any stretch, but pretty drat good for how cheap it is.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Why aren't you in a hospital instead of a Costco?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FogHelmut posted:

I found that it's more economical to buy the alcohol free Kirkland margarita mix at $6 ish for a 2 pack, and a handle of Hornitos at $26. There's cheaper tequila to be purchased as well if you so desire.

Some of us live in states where Costco cannot sell the hard stuff.

Has to violate the first amendment.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I drive out of my way to goto one of the churches that has booze in-store here in the Denver area. Stupid lingering post-Mormonistic laws.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Taima posted:

Why aren't you in a hospital instead of a Costco?

Eh, I use the VA. I messaged my nurse and they should get back to me tomorrow. I think if I were to go to the ER or something they'd just give me an IV and send me home. I need an endoscopy appointment.

I did get 8 pair of regular socks, 5 pair of "outdoor" and "weatherproof" socks which seem to be wool like the kind I get from REI, and 8 pair of boxer briefs that have a technical fabric like a spandex mix. Same brand I buy at Target/Kohl's or whatever. I love all of the things I just bought.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 17, 2018

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I finally manned up and paid for my own Costco membership. The first time strolling in and flashing MY OWN membership card felt like how I imagine Tony Montana felt looking at a mountain of cocaine. Got two cases of seltzer + dog sacrament. Will be back to purchase dad shorts in preparation for an upcoming music festival

-PBUC-

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Filled up my tank with high quality Kirkland gasoline and filled up my stomach with a high quality Kirkland brand hot dog.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Bought the Lonely Planet guide to the USA at costco, a Calvin Klein shirt and some muffins. Got a hot dog, pizza slice and ice cream sundae, then filled up with petrol.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Hey guys if you have never got the frozen bagels with cream cheese in them definitely check them out they're amazing

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

milkman dad posted:

Hey guys if you have never got the frozen bagels with cream cheese in them definitely check them out they're amazing

Just looking at the pictures of those, it seems like there might be too much cream cheese in them? Assuming that they are the Bantam Bagels ones.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

too much cream cheese in them?

:thunk:

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

everyone knows that bagels are just vehicles for cream cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Just looking at the pictures of those, it seems like there might be too much cream cheese in them? Assuming that they are the Bantam Bagels ones.

i think you mean there is not enough bagel. there is no such thing as too much cheese