Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

i am harry posted:

Curved 32" Samsung monitors (C32F391) for $170 until Sept. 1st! :monocle:

1080p at that size is dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

luchajones posted:

1080p at that size is dumb

I was excited and then saw this.

Costco needs to sell a 1440p high refresh ips monitor a y of you corporate Costco goons tell the electronics buyers!n

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Witness, an excommunicated heathen deigns to besmirch the church (after they yanked her membership after she tried to return a printer she bought in 2010): https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-membership-canceled-return-policy-2018-8

Loveline
Dec 30, 2005

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I was excited and then saw this.

Costco needs to sell a 1440p high refresh ips monitor a y of you corporate Costco goons tell the electronics buyers!n

I bought my acer 27" predator at Costco.

When I saw it I gasped and gave my wife a more longing look than I ever had in the bedroom.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

13Pandora13 posted:

Witness, an excommunicated heathen deigns to besmirch the church (after they yanked her membership after she tried to return a printer she bought in 2010): https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-membership-canceled-return-policy-2018-8

quote:

Nicksolat said she believes that over the course of her 12-year membership, she has returned one item a year on average, ranging from an unused TV and printer to various smaller food items.

The main issue for Nicksolat now, she says, is that she has items that she purchased before her membership was canceled and that she can no longer return.

lol

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I saw someone return 8 potted pinetrees. Looked like they never got around to planting them and they died

I hope they lost their membership

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I saw someone return 8 potted pinetrees. Looked like they never got around to planting them and they died

I hope they lost their membership

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Yeah, but these were potted. And there were 8. Not sure if that's better or worse

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cursed

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

I worked at home depot in college and people would come in with receipts for lowe's on the other side of town

PBUC got some more protein bars

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Our Costco got a new supplier for prosciutto and it's very, very good. Ends up around $25 a pound.

Not my pic but this kind:

Taima fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 31, 2018

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

13Pandora13 posted:

it was nice of this dimwitted retard to share in detail the massive owning Costco doled out on her

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it was nice of this dimwitted retard to share in detail the massive owning Costco doled out on her

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/9booas/costcos_new_return_policy_cancelling_memberships/e54ppwb posted:

I looked up her membership. This bitch is literally NEGATIVE overall in electronics over the past decade. Something like $8000 in sales and $8200 in returns. She can take her "I only return one item a year" and gently caress right off.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Love costco corporate insiders getting the deets to the flock

PBUC

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I like the part that I quoted, where she says she only does one return a year, then in the very next line, she says the main problem with her ban is that she can't return a whole bunch of stuff that she already purchased.

I'm sure it was 100% intentional by whoever wrote that article.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Do I need a receipt to return something to Costco? I bought a big box of pre-made frozen chicken sandwiches about 4 months ago, and I’ve only eaten one of them and it was disgusting (who could have guessed). They’ve just been sitting in my freezer ever since, too gross to eat but I feel bad about throwing away that much “good” food. Will they take it back?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Just say you didn't like it, don't bring in the food and you don't need a receipt.

Are these the offending chicken sandwiches in question?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

jerry seinfel posted:

PBUC got some more protein bars

Some people starting to see these signs posted in some can stores.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

OldSenileGuy posted:

Do I need a receipt to return something to Costco? I bought a big box of pre-made frozen chicken sandwiches about 4 months ago, and I’ve only eaten one of them and it was disgusting (who could have guessed). They’ve just been sitting in my freezer ever since, too gross to eat but I feel bad about throwing away that much “good” food. Will they take it back?

You won't need a receipt, they can find it by looking up your membership. But if you really don't want it to go to waste, maybe see if someone you know might want them. If you take it back to Costco they will just throw it in the trash (but at least you'll get your money back).

Personally, I think those chicken sandwiches are awesome, even though they are probably just barely considered chicken.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Vakal posted:

Some people starting to see these signs posted in some can stores.

Not here yet, thankfully. I loving love those things.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Bought a brand new bed set. And some bed sheets. And some bath sheets. And 15 haagen dazs ice cream bars for $4. That's like a quarter a bar! What a steal!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

When will the Kirkland organic nuts & berries & pumpkin seeds be back?

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
Man, love the return chat on the last page or so. It was pretty clear printer lady's story was horse poo poo. It's REALLY hard to get your membership handed back.

One I heard from Canada online was a realtor who would stage homes for sale with Costco furniture and then return it all and move onto the next one. You'd think "hey that's basically fraud, send the excommunication papers". They just blocked him from being able to make returns from that department.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Math You posted:

One I heard from Canada online was a realtor who would stage homes for sale with Costco furniture and then return it all and move onto the next one. You'd think "hey that's basically fraud, send the excommunication papers". They just blocked him from being able to make returns from that department.
You think they'd just pay for a storage container. Seems like a better return than all the effort of schlepping everything around.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Math You posted:

Which is the same that would've happened to that lady had so not loving escalated to the stars all the way to the senior VP of the east coast.

I mean, really lady

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Tustin Costco was out of organic peanut butter and I'm sure as poo poo not buying that Jif crap.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Made the chili dog. It was good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My dad is addicted to the artichoke & jalapeno dip now

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

My dad is addicted to the artichoke & jalapeno dip now

The what now? :stare:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

The what now? :stare:

i take no responsibility for your fattness:

Cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, mayonnaise, onions, jalapeños, corn starch, garlic, sea salt, cultured sugar, citric acid, dill weed. Serving size is 2 tbsp, 90 calories, 8g fat (3.5 sat. Fat) 15mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium. 2g carb, 2g protein

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Chinatown posted:

i take no responsibility for your fattness:

Cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, artichokes, mayonnaise, onions, jalapeños, corn starch, garlic, sea salt, cultured sugar, citric acid, dill weed. Serving size is 2 tbsp, 90 calories, 8g fat (3.5 sat. Fat) 15mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium. 2g carb, 2g protein

:wow:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
seriously jfc is so loving good i could easily eat a half tub in one sitting with loving fritos but i dont wanna die

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013

Taima posted:

Can we just stop with the implication that expensive vodka is better?

The $12 handle of vodka is as good or better than the supposed "grey goose" vodka. If anything you should just buy a handle of Grey Goose, drink it, and then refill it with the $12 handle for the rest of your days.

No one will ever, EVER tell the difference. I challenge you to get a few people you know and blind test the two bottles.

Vodka in general is a ludicrous scam based almost entirely on placebo and brand fellatio.

Sweet thanks for the heads up!

My liver and morning sweats say gently caress you. I can tell the difference based on amount consumed. Bring it.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Orange Cat posted:

My liver and morning sweats say gently caress you. I can tell the difference based on amount consumed. Bring it.

Whoa I posted that like 6 months ago. I'm actually pretty interested, could you elaborate?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Whoa I posted that like 6 months ago. I'm actually pretty interested, could you elaborate?
I know some people that are the same, though their hang up is usually after a really bad experience -- like drank half a bottle of tequila and ended up with mild alcohol poisoning.

They wont touch cheap poo poo, but like a shot of $150 Don Julio they can tolerate.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

I know some people that are the same, though their hang up is usually after a really bad experience -- like drank half a bottle of tequila and ended up with mild alcohol poisoning.

They wont touch cheap poo poo, but like a shot of $150 Don Julio they can tolerate.
After a bad experience with ultra expensive tequila, I pretty much stay away from it.

It wasn’t even me really, my sister ended up in the hospital with mild alcohol poisoning and tried to pick fights with the nurses and almost got thrown in jail.

Even I was like “hey, gently caress it. give her the ativan, if she dies, she dies”.

But I’ll still crush pitchers of margs, don’t get me wrong. But the taste of it straight up just brings the memories right back.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

seriously jfc is so loving good i could easily eat a half tub in one sitting with loving fritos but i dont wanna die

At one point I was eating it with a spoon and pretending it was low carb. I had to give it all up completely.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Edit: nm thats a jalapeno one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

In other news, I discovered that Costco carries loving Sazerac Rye. I love that poo poo so much.