Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The amount of people who were waiting 1h + for their giant Halloween orders because they just stumbled in and assumed no one was throwing a party was pretty high this year.

I walked out with my order which of course I phoned in like some kind of madman to some smith-y looks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

thinkin bout dem dogs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the onion dispenser uses Archimedes Screw. that's cool.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just got back from the 'co. Got my dog of course and our onion machine is still there. PBUC

The mailer I got started on the 31st but I figured a ton of people there would be getting candy so I went today. I got, on sale, toothbrushes, toothpaste (both will last me a year or more), energy drinks, and 2 sets of 32F HEAT tops and bottoms. I love that poo poo for the -15F winters here. Plus some other stuff.

I tried looking for that Dr Bronner's soap that Chinatown raves about. I didn't find it there but got it a grocery store I went to after. I got the peppermint kind because I want tingly balls.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Dely Apple posted:

my order which of course I phoned in

wait is this a thing?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Hypnolobster posted:

wait is this a thing?

You can call the pizza line. You know the one with the phone just before the checkout? You can call it. From anywhere.

I’ve called it hours in advance and told them what time I want the pizza and it will be ready. Sometime they will even make off menu pizzas. Sausage and pepperoni? Sure mushroom and extra cheese? Just ask.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Our new Costco doesn't have a pizza phone :(

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

FCKGW posted:

Our new Costco doesn't have a pizza phone :(

What's the opposite of pbuc. This is it

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

What's the opposite of pbuc. This is it

Shareholders :argh:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
For my daughter's birthday I called 2 hours ahead and had 14 steaming hot pizzas ready, including my favorite all-veggie pizza.

At $8 a piece, I fed the whole party for like $100 and sent a ton of pizza home with folks.

"This is delicious!"

"$8 a pie!"

PBUC.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

For my daughter's birthday I called 2 hours ahead and had 14 steaming hot pizzas ready, including my favorite all-veggie pizza.

At $8 a piece, I fed the whole party for like $100 and sent a ton of pizza home with folks.

"This is delicious!"

"$8 a pie!"

PBUC.

They're $9.95 where I live. Still a great deal for a big rear end pizza, though.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Maybe it was $10 a pie?

All I know is I spent about $100 and fed a ton of people!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Now imagine if you bought $100 worth of dawgs?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I'm on Keto right now.

Thinking bout them bunless dogs...

naem
May 29, 2011

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Now imagine if you bought $100 worth of dawgs?

Jesus feeding the multitudes only hotdogs instead of loaves and fishes

then he gets in trouble for using a family member’s costco card “But verily I say unto you, I and my father are one”

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:chud:

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Green Label is $75 at the local big liquor chain. The regular $45 Costco price is already a steal. Getting it under $39 is a goddamn miracle.

PBUC

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zacapa is really good rum. Buy that too and don't mix it or I will come get you.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

"This is delicious!"

"$8 a pie!"

PBUC.

14 pizzas for a birthday party? Can you adopt me? My birthday's coming up.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

arisu posted:

I'm on Keto right now.

The chicken caesar salad isn't the most mindblowing thing ever but it's also really cheap and hilariously filling for like 6g of carbs without the croutons.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah for real the Costco pizza for parties is hands down the best deal around.

You can order a poo poo load of dogs too (or at least I can at mine).

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Saw this in the prepared meals section yesterday -

They're certainly more gringo than street taco, but they only take about 10 minutes to prepare - just reheat the chicken, fry the tortillas and assemble. Corn tortillas were surprisingly really good - thick enough that you can get a good blistered char on the outside without turning them into chips.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Argyle posted:

Green Label is $75 at the local big liquor chain. The regular $45 Costco price is already a steal. Getting it under $39 is a goddamn miracle.

PBUC

I had green a while back and didn’t think it was worth the price. I’d try a whole bottle again for 38$ though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Argyle posted:

PBUC

I thought the Green label was discontinued a number of years back?

It was always the best Johnnie Walker, so interesting to see that it has returned.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

stupid NY liquor laws

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i guess $39 is a decent price for a handle of lovely blended whiskey

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

DELETE CASCADE posted:

Still praising the Kirkland 12 year scotch in the 1.75 L bottle

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I hope Ohio fucks off with their lovely alcohol laws someday because I'd really like to buy whiskey at Costco.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Schmeichy posted:

Still praising the Kirkland 12 year scotch in the 1.75 L bottle

As someone who's just looking to get into scotch, the size of that is a little intimidating haha. I just picked up the Balvenie 12 year for $50 and I'm really enjoying it.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
When I go to Costco to get liquor it's usually whatever is the cheapest because I'm an uncultured alcoholic. It's usually the vodka.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Argyle posted:

PBUC

This is a great price for JW, but JW is trash soooooo

DELETE CASCADE posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It's Costco Time!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

hope and vaseline posted:

As someone who's just looking to get into scotch, the size of that is a little intimidating haha. I just picked up the Balvenie 12 year for $50 and I'm really enjoying it.

Balvenie is a good starter. Other good starters include monkey shoulder, macallan/dewar 12, maybe something like Nikka Coffey Grain or Oban.

If you're trying to get into a peaty dram you could try Lagavulin 16

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Laphroaig or ardberg are my jam

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

arisu posted:

I'm on Keto right now.

same, you can just get the dog and eat it out of the bun which ive done the last few times. im sure theres a couple g of carbns in the dog itself but prolly p negligible.

and yeah the chicken caesar without crutons is alright

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Schmeichy posted:

Laphroaig or ardberg are my jam

Did Ardbeg used to have two "r"s in it or something? I see everybody call it that.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

stupid NY liquor laws

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

Balvenie is a good starter. Other good starters include monkey shoulder, macallan/dewar 12, maybe something like Nikka Coffey Grain or Oban.

If you're trying to get into a peaty dram you could try Lagavulin 16

Oban is really good it tastes more distinctively Scotch like than a lot of the other non peaty ones

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

binge crotching posted:

I thought the Green label was discontinued a number of years back?

It was always the best Johnnie Walker, so interesting to see that it has returned.

It's blended tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Just joined Costco and have already made my money back on several things I purchase over and over that are extremely cheap there.

Do they sell desk chairs? Also those big cheap TV's are calling my name