Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

If you have to wait for samples, you should not be getting samples.
Additionally, if you cannot consume and also move your cart, you should not be getting samples.
Also if you insist on angling your cart at 45 degrees in front of the samples, blocking even more of the isle so you can waddle your gigantic 57 year old rear end to the samples easier, you should not be getting samples.

Samples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
If I were to, say, wave orange batons around like air traffic control near the sample tables and publicly embarrass those who leave their carts blocking the aisle, would Costco revoke my basic membership?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Imagine four samples lined up at the edge of a cliff.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I do "walk by" samples. If I can't take my cart and walk all the way past a cart while grabbing a sample on the go like a marathon runner then I'm out.

Doesn't matter what the sample is, I won't even look, I'll just reach out and keep walking. Sometimes I get some dry rear end crackers :smith:

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
If x amount of your time is worth a 3˘ sample go for it

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I do "walk by" samples. If I can't take my cart and walk all the way past a cart while grabbing a sample on the go like a marathon runner then I'm out.

Doesn't matter what the sample is, I won't even look, I'll just reach out and keep walking. Sometimes I get some dry rear end crackers :smith:

Terrible. Of all the rear end crackers, dry ones are THE WORST!!! :argh:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Iknorite.

I like my dry rear end crackers to be AT LEAST covered in some salty rear end cured meats. And or wet rear end salsa. For my hungry rear end mouth.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How long do you need to wait to get back in line for the free samples? How many times can you go through the free sample line before they stop giving you free samples?

Also does it work if you put on a different Halloween mask every time you go through?

I regularly see people grab 2-5 samples off the tray, all for themselves. The workers don't seem to care.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Bummey posted:

I regularly see people grab 2-5 samples off the tray, all for themselves. The workers don't seem to care.

Retail is soulcrushing, even if you're working for one of the good companies like costco.

If they did care, it would only be in the sense of "I hope the bitchy manager doesnt see that, then I'll get a lecture about reminding each customer its 1 per person which the ones who take 3 still wont listen to"

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Noslo posted:

Retail is soulcrushing, even if you're working for one of the good companies like costco.

If they did care, it would only be in the sense of "I hope the bitchy manager doesnt see that, then I'll get a lecture about reminding each customer its 1 per person which the ones who take 3 still wont listen to"

Sample people do not work for Costco, they work for CDS which is an independent contractor that pays less.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I'm really confused and don't understand what is unethical about not waiting to get a sample and instead just moving on with my shopping

Sorry I thought that was a 100% obvious joke about you not getting ethics from a sample tray.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Taima posted:

Sorry I thought that was a 100% obvious joke about you not getting ethics from a sample tray.

I'm confused as to why you are implying that I lack ethics.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Put all the sample carts outside

In fact, put the hot dog cart back outside too

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All our food courts are outside, but I feel like i've seen some indoor ones. AM I crazy?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Noslo posted:

For sure. I meant that I've heard them say "Take as many as you want."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

All our food courts are outside, but I feel like i've seen some indoor ones. AM I crazy?
It's a mix. Some of the older ones seem to only have indoor seating for food.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I'm confused as to why you are implying that I lack ethics.

Ok you know what dude I'm seriously going to sit down right now and explain humor to you. That's right, here we go:

1) A conversation came up as to the pros and cons of samples

2) Some people agreed, some people didn't, but my personal stance was that there shouldn't be samples

3) You made what I ASSUMED was a joke about getting a sample when there's no line, and getting a sample when there's a line, a joking appeal to common sense that is frequently seen among humans. Which is obviously my bad because it wasn't a joke apparently- it was just you saying something autistically obvious

4) So, in an effort to make an admittedly casual joke, I, as someone who doesn't want samples, implied that you missed the "sample" of basic ethics, thusly implying broadly that sample-getters are unethical in an attempt to contrast the two viewpoints and make light of a common situation

Hope this helped bro

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
All the new buildings are pretty cookie-cutter with indoor food courts. Its the older, repurposed warehouses that have a bit of character.
401 San Diego is a converted plane hanger. Outdoor food court also.
006 Southcenter has train tracks in the floor (Also the biggest warehouse so includes a business delivery)
etc

Also, I will eat a sample if it is something I actually want to sample, or cheese because I loving love cheese. Plus, I always say thank you.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
The problem isn’t samples. It’s people waiting for samples.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Taima posted:

Ok you know what dude I'm seriously going to sit down right now and explain humor to you. That's right, here we go:

1) A conversation came up as to the pros and cons of samples

2) Some people agreed, some people didn't, but my personal stance was that there shouldn't be samples

3) You made what I ASSUMED was a joke about getting a sample when there's no line, and getting a sample when there's a line, a joking appeal to common sense that is frequently seen among humans. Which is obviously my bad because it wasn't a joke apparently- it was just you saying something autistically obvious

4) So, in an effort to make an admittedly casual joke, I, as someone who doesn't want samples, implied that you missed the "sample" of basic ethics, thusly implying broadly that sample-getters are unethical in an attempt to contrast the two viewpoints and make light of a common situation

Hope this helped bro

Sorry, I'm still not following :(

Bummey
May 26, 2004

be mindful of your yacht sized cart

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Taima posted:

Jesus god drat shut up

You're being very defensive and un-chill in the Costco thread. When you have to explain jokes they're just not good jokes.

On topic, samples are like one of the best and worst things about Costco. I've gotten some really good samples like one for this amazing locally produced cheese, plus it's funny seeing people line up and wait like five minutes for somebody to microwave some dinosaur chicken nuggets which they will receive approximately 1/5 of a piece of.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Due to food allergies my wife can't eat most of the samples so sometimes I get double samples

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
Hey pal I got a sample for ya
*Glares at u*
*Grabs crotch and shakes it really hard for several seconds*

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

fart store posted:

*Glares at u*

:yeah:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

graventy posted:

The problem isn’t samples. It’s people waiting for samples.

This is as trite and empty as “Hate the sin, not the sinner”

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Praise Be Unto Costco! The boat that I've been wanting for months is finally back in stock. I bought mine this morning! :peanut:

Peace Be Upon Costco! It is a given that if you go to Costco at a busy time that it will be crowded with idiots and their shopping carts, especially around the sample tables. It is not a surprise. Expecting otherwise is madness and upsetting yourself about it moreso because being mildly inconvenienced doesn't loving matter.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: eh, no point

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 16, 2019

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Praise Be Unto Costco! The boat that I've been wanting for months is finally back in stock. I bought mine this morning! :peanut:

Peace Be Upon Costco! It is a given that if you go to Costco at a busy time that it will be crowded with idiots and their shopping carts, especially around the sample tables. It is not a surprise. Expecting otherwise is madness and upsetting yourself about it moreso because being mildly inconvenienced doesn't loving matter.

You can buy a boat through Costco?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

:stare:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Depends on what you think of when you think of when you think of "boat." It's not for open ocean, but it will get you off-shore.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I'm the handsome boat model.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I'm the handsome boat model.

Thats cute. I'm the Air Hammer™ Manual Inflation Pump with Pressure Gauge.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Depends on what you think of when you think of when you think of "boat." It's not for open ocean, but it will get you off-shore.

Where do you plan on using that?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

The proest sampling move is tk have kids that will weave through the crowd and pick up one for themselves and you. It's basically all they're good for.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thats a dingy!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
According to my fiance, the last time we were at Costco I entered a state of sample zen and was walking down the aisle, throwing out the cups and picking up the next sample with the same hand in one smooth motion. PBUC, may all true believers enter this realm.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

The costco in Northridge has an indoor food court.

fart store posted:

*Glares at u*

I would wait in line for this sample. :chanpop:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

fart store posted:

*Glares at u*

I see they’re trying to push Little Smokies again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Trip report: Kirkland signature series Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2016
Fucken daaaaank
Gonna go back and buy a case if they still have it. Hop on this