Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
In America they need to add fries to the menu. Or Poutine. Or chili/bacon cheese fries. They already have a brisket sandwich and a turkey sandwich that I like, but fries as a side would be good. I suppose they don't want to fry. So maybe they should do supreme loaded nachos or chips and guac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Those costco nut bars will destroy your rear end since they contain arrowroot powder, the same fiber packer that is in fiber one bars. Taste good but I cannot recommend

EDIT its actually Chicory Root Extract and will cause extreme gas

Yeah they're pretty awesome.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Gatts posted:

In America they need to add fries to the menu. Or Poutine. Or chili/bacon cheese fries. They already have a brisket sandwich and a turkey sandwich that I like, but fries as a side would be good. I suppose they don't want to fry. So maybe they should do supreme loaded nachos or chips and guac.

Adding fries would require adding a deep fryer. There's no way they do that.

Even now, the burger patties are cooked on the same conveyor belt oven oven as the pizza is

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bring back the polish

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

bring back the polish

How about a Polish pizza

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

bring back the polish

This was Costco’s biggest folly.

Well that and loving with the pizza recipe.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Canada still has the Polish.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

Truly the land of the blessed.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Lazyhound posted:

Why do they get everything nice.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FCKGW posted:

Adding fries would require adding a deep fryer. There's no way they do that.
How does Candidia do Poutine?

Not being a smartass, just wondering if the setup if different there.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Renegret posted:

I prefer the Shepard's pie but the pot pie is fine.

Ive never seen this but would buy it in a heartbeat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

MarcusSA posted:

Truly the land of the blessed.

When I went to Costco in Montreal they had free samples of beer and that's when I truly knew I was in a foreign country.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

schreibs posted:

Ive never seen this but would buy it in a heartbeat.

Canada only sorry.

:911:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Wisconsin has brats. they're good, a local brand

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The deep fryers at Canadian costcos do the fries and chicken fingers insanely hot when they come out, god drat.

I went this afternoon with my baby strapped to my chest so I could still pilot the cart, grab samples and toss massive family packs of stewing beef into the cart.

Had a dog and soda.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Well that and loving with the pizza recipe.

What’s the story with this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

What’s the story with this?

Well they made the crust thicker (bad) and I’m like 90% sure they changed the recipe on the sauce too.

It’s still good pizza but it’s not god tier like it used to be.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

MarcusSA posted:

Canada only sorry.

:911:

Lame if true, I remember getting the shep pie as a kid and it was really good and freaking HUGE

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nooner posted:

Lame if true, I remember getting the shep pie as a kid and it was really good and freaking HUGE

I actually don’t know if it’s true but it seems to be that Canada gets all the good poo poo so I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Wisconsin has brats. they're good, a local brand

Usingers. They really are a good brand but I don't like the brats. The grind is too fine. I like a coarser grind for brats. They're still not bad though.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Whooping Crabs posted:

Those costco nut bars will destroy your rear end since they contain arrowroot powder, the same fiber packer that is in fiber one bars. Taste good but I cannot recommend

EDIT its actually Chicory Root Extract and will cause extreme gas

Nice post/user name combo.

Also, he speaks truth - I had to throw out the rest of the box of Fiberone bars because my rear end was out of control. I had no idea that chicory root was the responsible party, I simply thought I had broken my bowels.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
My buddy went HAM on a box of Acai Berry chocolates once and she literally had to call the main office (worked at a school) to get a replacement because she was making GBS threads her brains out before class started.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
The Shepard's pie is not Canada only, we have it here in Michigan. I guess it could be because of the close proximity to Canada, but there are at least some places in the US that have it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

There were these cafe latte covered almonds I tried a sample of today and I rejected the idea of getting a bag because I would eat the whole thing on the way back to the car and poo poo myself to death on the drive home.

It was real good

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

The deep fryers at Canadian costcos do the fries and chicken fingers insanely hot when they come out, god drat.

The ones in France are the same way. Takes a good 5-10 minutes to cool down enough to be able to eat them. And that's after ripping them in half so they cool off faster.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

binge crotching posted:

The ones in France are the same way. Takes a good 5-10 minutes to cool down enough to be able to eat them. And that's after ripping them in half so they cool off faster.

What other cool things does France have at the food counter??

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

What other cool things does France have at the food counter??

They run a ham and cheese croissant through the pizza oven and it comes out nice and crispy.

The super lovely thing is the soda machine. Because of the local laws there, it's illegal to sell unlimited soda. So they have barcodes on every single cup, which you have to scan at the soda fountain in order to get anything out of it. And it's only allowed to dispense soda twice for each bar code, but it is so flaky you're only going to get about 2/3rds of a cup at best.

Here is a picture I posted earlier in the thread:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
the bbq brisket sandwich is good

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I'd love that crossiant, and if you drink multiple cups of pop you have an unhealthy addiction to sugar water.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

binge crotching posted:

The super lovely thing is the soda machine. Because of the local laws there, it's illegal to sell unlimited soda. So they have barcodes on every single cup, which you have to scan at the soda fountain in order to get anything out of it. And it's only allowed to dispense soda twice for each bar code, but it is so flaky you're only going to get about 2/3rds of a cup at best.
:hmbol:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

MarcusSA posted:

Well they made the crust thicker (bad) and I’m like 90% sure they changed the recipe on the sauce too.

It’s still good pizza but it’s not god tier like it used to be.

They changed the recipe to 100% probability of giving me diarrhea :(

I STILL EAT IT

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That’s good that they don’t allow unlimited sodas imo. I don’t refill mine, personally. I like the ikea low sugar drinks too, their lemon water one is good.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Anyone have the Ninja combo blender/food processor? Our cusinart combo blender/food processor is on the way out, motor is going to give out soon

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Anyone have the Ninja combo blender/food processor? Our cusinart combo blender/food processor is on the way out, motor is going to give out soon

Um is that just the really big blender looking one?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Has a blender bowl and a separate food processor bowl

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

They run a ham and cheese croissant through the pizza oven and it comes out nice and crispy.

Good. It's free REFILL. Not unlimited refills. :colbert:

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*

Gatts posted:

Oh wtf? You guys down have fries down there? Thats a shame cause costco fries are pretty awesome and would say theyre a good number 2 to mcds fries

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Sadly we don’t get fries in America from Costco. It is forsaking us for that

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

binge crotching posted:

Here is a picture I posted earlier in the thread:

As disturbing as it is to hear of limited refills, I'd trade unlimited refills for those ham and cheese croissants and scorching hot tenders and fries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Gatts posted:

Sadly we don’t get fries in America from Costco. It is forsaking us for that

I think some do. Maybe new Jersey?