Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

Wake me up for the Polish Sausage petition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

polish dog never went away :canada:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
WHERES THE GODDAMN ONION DISPENSER

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

they should sell those. id mount one to my kitchen counter in a heartbeat

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Pershing posted:

So how perishable is the ham? Do you just leave it out? Do you need to refrigerate it?

I’ve just been leaving it out, but I wrapped it up again below where I’m cutting it because I’m worried that I’ll mess it up. Should have made a giant deeper initial cut on top to have a top slab of fat for the exposed ham, but I’ve been having some every day and it hasn’t dried out (used a plastic wrap hat for it).

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Kalsco posted:

polish dog never went away :canada:

I had a plan to move to Canada if Trump won the election but now I almost have to do it anyway.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

This is what I want the most.

I've actually never had Costco pizza before. I look at the menu and I'm like, "Oooo that pizza looks great!" but my eyes scan over and I see the dog and I just have to get it.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This is what I want the most.

I've actually never had Costco pizza before. I look at the menu and I'm like, "Oooo that pizza looks great!" but my eyes scan over and I see the dog and I just have to get it.

The quality seems to be pretty variable from some of the experiences I’ve read here. I’ve never found it bad but I very rarely get it.

Since you can’t eat it in store currently I waited until I got home and crisped up the slice in a frying pan (both sides; get that cheese melted too). Can’t complain!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its super doughy pizza but the proportions are fine and the price is unbeatable. Grab a couple for a party or whatever and its always gonna get eaten. I always went combo but holy crap they dont skimp on the cheese pies.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The best was actually the sausage+pep, which they used to make for you if it wasn't too busy. I feel like it would have only a little bit less cheese than the straight cheese, but also a pound of meat on top.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

thathonkey posted:

they should sell those. id mount one to my kitchen counter in a heartbeat

https://www.wasserstrom.com/restaurant-supplies-equipment/win-holt%C2%AE-wodcc-onion-dispenser-603562

Looks like it's discontinued by the manufacturer for now

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

david_a posted:

The quality seems to be pretty variable from some of the experiences I’ve read here. I’ve never found it bad but I very rarely get it.

Since you can’t eat it in store currently I waited until I got home and crisped up the slice in a frying pan (both sides; get that cheese melted too). Can’t complain!

Yeah, from what I can tell it has to do with the ovens. I don't know if one location is running them hotter or longer or what, but some places you get a soggy mess and some places you get it properly cooked. There's a costco a few miles from me with garbage pizza and one half an hour away that has pretty solid pizza.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
One thing that is consistent is that every costco I have gotten chicken fingers and fries from they come out at approximately 5000deg C and will burn your mouth so bad if you even try before waiting.

Not sure if that is a :canada: item only as well but they're good once they cool to tolerable levels.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Chinatown posted:

Its super doughy pizza but the proportions are fine and the price is unbeatable. Grab a couple for a party or whatever and its always gonna get eaten. I always went combo but holy crap they dont skimp on the cheese pies.

I like that they slice it into 1/16ths for the takeout. Less pizza waste at a party since people will grab just 1 of they’re not too hungry but know they want the cheesy goodness.

Pro tip: have some cut up olives and roasted garlic on the side as an extra topping. Also don’t have a party during a global pandemic (but start for when you can).

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Plenty of grease, no problems passing this the next day

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011

Shredder posted:

I went to church yesterday, and this poo poo is loving amazing and I might need to buy 10 more

Looks delicious, but how many calories are in that jar? :thunk:

Edit: 6600kcal

Welsh Rarebitch fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Nov 10, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Shredder posted:

I went to church yesterday, and this poo poo is loving amazing and I might need to buy 10 more

It’s weird they got the license for the Reece’s Pieces but not the Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups.

Also, Peanut Butter M&M is superior to Reece’s Pieces: “sorry, not sorry” (as the kids say these days).

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Pershing posted:

So how perishable is the ham? Do you just leave it out? Do you need to refrigerate it?

It's dry-cured so it (the whole jamon, not slices you've already made) doesn't need to be refrigerated. Do as the Spaniards do and lay some plastic wrap over the exposed part after you're finished slicing and you're fine.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Don't do plastic wrap unless you're going to eat it several times per day. It will cause it to become moldy. The jamon needs to breathe.

You should leave it uncovered, or maybe a loose kitchen towel. Some parts of the ham will dry out.

It's really a lot of ham, and if you don't have someone helping you eat it it's a very large undertaking. You may be uncomfortable with the amount of waste if it's taking you a long time to consume it.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

FogHelmut posted:

Don't do plastic wrap unless you're going to eat it several times per day. It will cause it to become moldy. The jamon needs to breathe.

You should leave it uncovered, or maybe a loose kitchen towel. Some parts of the ham will dry out.

It's really a lot of ham, and if you don't have someone helping you eat it it's a very large undertaking. You may be uncomfortable with the amount of waste if it's taking you a long time to consume it.

We Ham'd for a Christmas party last year. It was great and managed to consume a MIGHTY chunk out of both sides.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

One thing that is consistent is that every costco I have gotten chicken fingers and fries from they come out at approximately 5000deg C and will burn your mouth so bad if you even try before waiting.

Not sure if that is a :canada: item only as well but they're good once they cool to tolerable levels.

This is so true, I'm pretty sure I still have scars in my mouth from trying to eat them fresh. I haven't seen them in the US, but they are in France.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

FogHelmut posted:

Even with another person that's still 7 pounds of ham each.

Is it even a good price, or is it all about the gimmick? Let's be honest I don't need a giant loving $100 ham but for some reason I want the ham

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

just lol if you dont buy the $500 ham

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Thank you for clarification. This is important.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Shredder posted:

Even with another person that's still 7 pounds of ham each.

Is it even a good price, or is it all about the gimmick? Let's be honest I don't need a giant loving $100 ham but for some reason I want the ham

Yeah its a good price. But its a shitload of ham. I'm not buying one this year because its too much ham to consume in a reasonable amount of time.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I bought some of the Artisan Bakers Keto Bread this weekend. It's a little bland but it's zero net carbs. However, reading a bit, there seems to be a lot of argument about tapioca start and whether or not it fucks with blood sugar.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The ham was loving delicious. I managed to get through most of it over a month or so. Maybe had less than a pound of actual meat left on it before I tossed it. Grab some cheeses to go with it while you're at costco.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
If anyone was holding out for the Midea 7.0 chest freezer, they magically are back in stock online today.

https://www.costco.com/midea-7.0-cu.-ft.-chest-freezer.product.100534902.html

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Moey posted:

If anyone was holding out for the Midea 7.0 chest freezer, they magically are back in stock online today.

Product not found

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Shredder posted:

Let's be honest I don't need a giant loving $100 ham but for some reason I want the ham

same. we're a family of two but i REALLY WANT TO GET THE HAM.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Shredder posted:

Let's be honest I don't need a giant loving $100 ham but for some reason I want the ham

You actually do NEED the ham. You just don't know it yet.

durrneez posted:

Just buy it. 2020 sucks, may as well end it on a high note

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

durrneez posted:

Ugh I want the ham and I'm a family of two with one member who refuses to eat pork. It's just too impractical I think, I'd also have to store it in my China cabinet to protect it from two naughty kitties. The upside would be how decadent it would look to have a ham behind glass.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Biohazard posted:

I bought some of the Artisan Bakers Keto Bread this weekend. It's a little bland but it's zero net carbs. However, reading a bit, there seems to be a lot of argument about tapioca start and whether or not it fucks with blood sugar.

It does raise your blood sugar, unfortunately. I've been on a no sugar, no carb diet for a couple years now (with the occasional break) and in everything i've looked at, it does raise it. Feel free to PM me if you have questions or need recommendations on substitutes. I don't want to clog the Costco thread with info about somewhere else. But, to stay a little on topic, if you are looking for keto stuff, Costco online has a lot. They recently got a keto version of the coconut clusters by Innofoods. I used to pick the regular version up at Costco and just eat like 2-3 clusters a day, as my daily carb allotment. Now they have a keto version that will let me eat 5-6 clusters a day. They are even on sale.

My Costco has tons of the Baby Yoda items people are going wild over. Let me know if you need me to pick you up one.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

StormDrain posted:

Ugh I want the ham and I'm a family of two with one member who refuses to eat pork. It's just too impractical I think, I'd also have to store it in my China cabinet to protect it from two naughty kitties. The upside would be how decadent it would look to have a ham behind glass.

Buy the ham.
Do you have friends that eat pork?
Slice some up, separate them by folding parchment paper and put in in a ziploc. Give bags of hammy joy to everyone you know.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

Cyrano4747 posted:

Product not found

The link is still working for me.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Buy the ham.
Do you have friends that eat pork?
Slice some up, separate them by folding parchment paper and put in in a ziploc. Give bags of hammy joy to everyone you know.

I'm glad I didn't see this post before my $433 voyage to church. I had to bring my wife to help get some rack shelving, and she helped run up the bill after that. I can't help but be encouraging! And with a belly full of manchengo cheese I cant complain. Served with some homemade French bread dipped in flavored olive oil from today's trip...

Jamon would have been pretty good with that wouldn't it?

Edit:ugh also they had bread flour this time, $6.79 for 25lbs. I paid the same for a 5lb bag at the grocery. Worse actually, I bought two sacks since I hadn't seen it in stock in a while and I've been making a couple loaves a week.

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 11, 2020

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I haven't been to costco in over a month.

I'm gonna do some very bad things to my wallet when I go next week.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Moey posted:

$270 online, $170 if you happen to find it in the store.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

I absolutely love jamon season in the Costco thread. Who will buy the ham? Who will eat the ham?

This year when I see the ham in all its glory, will it suffuse me with the divine salty righteousness? Will it choose me as its prophet? PBUC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I live alone but I want the jamón