Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Churros are back. Still pretty dece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

God why did I buy both the 3.75lb fudge brownie and giant bag of strawberries and cream popcorn in the same trip.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Today I unleashed my inner Homer by adding smoked brisket chili and cheddar cheese to a 1/4lb all beef hot dog with bun. Incredibly worth it.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I put Bitchin' Sauce on my hot dog.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Republicans posted:

God why did I buy both the 3.75lb fudge brownie and giant bag of strawberries and cream popcorn in the same trip.

LMAO, I bought the huge fudge brownies too and it's loving awesome but I'm one person and I feel like a fatty if I eat even the smallest portion. It's going to take me like 2 months to finish.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Bark toys are so good.

My dog says free refills, bitch

(bonus sherpa)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

StormDrain posted:

I didn't know Nutella had haters.
I could be entirely wrong that there's continental differences, but when I first had Nutella in Europe for a study abroad it was really loving good. I came back to the states and got some and man it wasn't good at all. Perhaps "not good" is the wrong way of putting it but it tasted noticebly off and not as good. maybe american one is made shittier?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
They explicitly took most of the hazelnut out of it a couple of years ago due to shortages (Ferrero consumes something like 25% of the hazelnut production of the entire planet)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

(bonus sherpa)

Good dog. On related costco pet news: My cat is completely obsessed with the rotisserie chicken.

Like I'll give her a plate of leftover salmon bits and oil from a cutting board. She loses interest fast. Give her the same, but of a chicken? Completely clean. (I'm worried that there might be things in the brine that are bad for her so I only give her a pretty limited amount)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

norp posted:

They explicitly took most of the hazelnut out of it a couple of years ago due to shortages (Ferrero consumes something like 25% of the hazelnut production of the entire planet)

They sell 20 packs of Kinder Bueno at Costco now if you like hazelnut. Beats Nutella at least.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Anyone buy any wines lately they liked? I was disappointed with Pessimist, it was just disappointing for a Paso red blend.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fartington Butts posted:

Good dog. On related costco pet news: My cat is completely obsessed with the rotisserie chicken.

Like I'll give her a plate of leftover salmon bits and oil from a cutting board. She loses interest fast. Give her the same, but of a chicken? Completely clean. (I'm worried that there might be things in the brine that are bad for her so I only give her a pretty limited amount)

I like to boil the carcass for a while and strain off what's basically unseasoned bone broth. I'll freeze that in ice cube trays; a brothsicle cube inside a Kong is my dog's favorite thing in the entire loving world and it keeps him busy for a while.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

(bonus sherpa)

My dog loves the pizza and membership card. She chewed the eyes off the hotdog right away so she won't get that toy and the soda is in reserve.

She just carries the pizza around with her, and my wife saw the dog move the pizza so she could use it as a pillow :3

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
The eyes on the hotdog look terrible for dogs. I’d honestly just cut em off before giving it to any dog

robotheist
Dec 31, 2007
My dog likes to use the eyes as a handle for thrashing the hot dog around. He’s fairly small though, the hot dog is the same length as his torso. He usually tears toys apart in days but these have been going strong since spring or early summer, whenever they were in the midwest stores.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Ok Comboomer posted:

The eyes on the hotdog look terrible for dogs. I’d honestly just cut em off before giving it to any dog

I tried that but the eyes aren't their own separate price, and the bottom of the eyes opened into the hot dog and my dog in particular loves toy stuffing

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tim Whatley posted:

(bonus sherpa)

I want to pet that dog

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

If y'all like these and can find them at your churches. Get them. They are all the good parts without the lame poo poo like a lot of these rice cracker mixes.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I got a 4-pack of costco margharita thin crust pizzas and I've burned them twice. The edge is so thin that at the recommended temp etc they burn. Nothing else burns in my oven, which is actually known for undercooking stuff so yeah these pizzas are bad. It's not terrible, but I've had to cut the crust off both times I made them, and the middle is as hot as it should be, not overdone. I'll watch them better the next two I cook but I'll also never buy them again.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I tried that but the eyes aren't their own separate price, and the bottom of the eyes opened into the hot dog and my dog in particular loves toy stuffing

Oh poo poo, nevermind then

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

The new Lemon Raspberry muffins kick rear end.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

redreader posted:

I got a 4-pack of costco margharita thin crust pizzas and I've burned them twice. The edge is so thin that at the recommended temp etc they burn. Nothing else burns in my oven, which is actually known for undercooking stuff so yeah these pizzas are bad. It's not terrible, but I've had to cut the crust off both times I made them, and the middle is as hot as it should be, not overdone. I'll watch them better the next two I cook but I'll also never buy them again.

oh man. I ate the poo poo out of these as a teen. I'd throw them in the toaster oven and they would come out crispy and perfect all over.

A few weeks ago I bought a box and just could not get it to cook right. I had the same problem, the outside crust would burn and the middle would be a floppy soggy mess. All 4 pizzas I tried something different and all 4 sucked rear end.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Peachfart posted:

Yeah I got some of these yesterday and they're pretty good

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Peachfart posted:

I've been hoping that they do those Raspberry crumble cookies with Meyer Lemon filling, or some Lemon Danish.

I mean, I'm not going to be diabetic without their help after all.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
One single lemon raspberry muffin has 42 grams of sugar to 38 grams of fat. Their first ingredient is sugar. They must taste like pure spun heaven holy poo poo.

I buy a box of the cheese danish when I shop and then never eat them. I just consider one every morning until I shamefully drop them in the breakroom at work the day before they expire. They look so delicious but I just know one will murder me.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tim Whatley posted:

(bonus sherpa)

I've never seen these in store and now I'm sad

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
For pizzas I have given up on the frozen ones and do the 4 pack of shells with sauce packets, bag of Kirkland shredded mozza and pack of sliced pepperoni or whatever else. It’s super fast to prep and bake in the countertop toaster oven, and a lot more customizable!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

fizzymercy posted:

One single lemon raspberry muffin has 42 grams of sugar to 38 grams of fat. Their first ingredient is sugar.

:stare:

Regarding the pizzas, I don't have much of a problem with them. The edges can get a little dark but they turn out fine every time. I cook them in my toaster oven.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
How are the various whiskies (I see they have a new Tennessee whiskey) and the new Session IPA?

Also is the American vodka the one people think is grey goose? Is the french one any better?

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 23, 2021

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

fizzymercy posted:

One single lemon raspberry muffin has 42 grams of sugar to 38 grams of fat. Their first ingredient is sugar. They must taste like pure spun heaven holy poo poo.

I buy a box of the cheese danish when I shop and then never eat them. I just consider one every morning until I shamefully drop them in the breakroom at work the day before they expire. They look so delicious but I just know one will murder me.

One of those muffins has roughly the same calories and fat as a Whopper, with more sugar of course. My vice is seeing the Almond Kringle at Trader Joe's and finishing it in 3 days. Luckily I no longer live in Wisconsin where I can get kringle year round...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Whooping Crabs posted:

One of those muffins has roughly the same calories and fat as a Whopper, with more sugar of course. My vice is seeing the Almond Kringle at Trader Joe's and finishing it in 3 days. Luckily I no longer live in Wisconsin where I can get kringle year round...

O&H is the best in the world. They're 7 miles from me and I haven't had it in many years.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

Also is the American vodka the one people think is grey goose? Is the french one any better?

The French one is the Grey Goose knockoff. The American one went from really bad bottom of the barrel quality to decent enough. The last couple of bottles I've purchased have been that one, since it is half the price and I'm just mixing it anyway.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

drat, whoever in this thread said the Kirkland lobster bisque is bland, was absolutely right. This stuff is shockingly bland. I dressed it up with salt/pepper/cayenne/sherry vinegar and that got it tasting okay, but I probably won't get it again.

I don't think I've ever had to add salt to storebought, ready-to-eat soup before.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Argyle posted:

drat, whoever in this thread said the Kirkland lobster bisque is bland, was absolutely right. This stuff is shockingly bland. I dressed it up with salt/pepper/cayenne/sherry vinegar and that got it tasting okay, but I probably won't get it again.

I don't think I've ever had to add salt to storebought, ready-to-eat soup before.
Can second. Really a let down.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So how about some recent stuff that’s very legit and worth buying? Minus the raspberry lemon muffins because I don’t want to die.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Argyle posted:

That's surprising because the tortilla soup is pretty flavourful, at least when I tried it. I stopped getting it because my soup loving son doesn't like any spicyness in any food :sigh: It wasn't hot or anything just had a bit of zazz

Also the Costco muffins have always been a complete deathtrap so not surprised the new one is a fat/sugar bomb.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

stealie72 posted:

Can second. Really a let down.

Yep. Also it was WAY too sweet for me. edit: or maybe that was a crab soup. Can't remember. edit 2: yeah it was the king crab and corn chowder that I couldn't finish.

I liked the cheese and broccoli soup. To be honest it's a little too thick but good nonetheless.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 24, 2021

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I got some of the chicken white bean chili and it's not that great either. Should have got the street tacos

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
After me telling her several times the (frozen) spinach and cheese raviolis are awesome, my wife finally tried them. She was disappointed to find that the bag was now empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
This is more "lol keto" than "lol costco" but one of my kids is veg and loves Chinese takeout so I was all excited when I saw a package of general tso cauliflower. I didn't look too closely at it because I was trying to GTFO, but I figured it was that breaded cauliflower that places make poppers out of with wing sauce. You know, because gen tso is fried chicken bits with sauce.

Nope. Literally two bags of cauliflower florets in vegetable broth and two packets of general tso sauce.

Had I given it a closer look at the store I would have noticed the keto friendly banner on it and been suspicious. I don't need a pre packaged meal kit to fry up cauliflower and put sauce on it....

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 24, 2021