Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FogHelmut posted:

I thought they switched to checks last year for over a certain amount?

I got less than last year though because we didn't buy hardly any gas with the pandemic.

I use my Costco card for literally everything but autopay bills from my bank account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FogHelmut posted:

I thought they switched to checks last year for over a certain amount?

I got less than last year though because we didn't buy hardly any gas with the pandemic.

I actually looked back at the detail, this year I spent 40% less on fuel.

Restaurants, 75% less. Travel, 80% less.

It's all obvious and true and I didn't have to calc it to know, it's still crazy to me. It's like eating like poo poo and drinking and knowing you're getting fat vs seeing the number on the scale.

The only category that went up was Costco lol by 25%.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was wondering where mine was but I checked my spam folder a few days ago and found it. I'm getting $497.70 back. :smug: Is it possible for them to make out a check to you? I don't want cash and I'm not going to spend $500 at Costco anytime soon.

Usually it depends on the discretion of the supervisor or manager you talk to. A lot of times they'll just make a check for anything over $500, but I've also seen them get $800 cash for someone. But for slightly less than $500, it shouldn't be a big deal for them to make a check for you as long as you talk to a supervisor and specifically ask for it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I haven't traveled, and I don't buy gas since I own EVs. That's all from feeding & mostly clothing my family.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

We got $275 back, and the timing was great as I was able to turn that into 2 $99 APC UPS's for backups during the rolling power blackouts this week.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I haven't traveled, and I don't buy gas since I own EVs. That's all from feeding & mostly clothing my family.

If you dont pitch in and get that god drat wheel of parmesan cheese so help me god...

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Jingleheimer posted:

Usually it depends on the discretion of the supervisor or manager you talk to. A lot of times they'll just make a check for anything over $500, but I've also seen them get $800 cash for someone. But for slightly less than $500, it shouldn't be a big deal for them to make a check for you as long as you talk to a supervisor and specifically ask for it.

Costco member since 2005. Every year I take my voucher in and ask “can I get a check for this?” and they tel me to go shop and come back in 15-30.

Except once.

Once the lady started pressing buttons before I said anything, put 37 cents in my hand and started counting out fives and tens. For a $400+ voucher (we’d just had a kid). I asked if I could get a check and she’s like “Tsk. Not NOW. You should have said something earlier.”

I wound up putting the cash in a drawer and slipping $30 into my wallet every now and then for a year and a half.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

fischtick posted:

Costco member since 2005. Every year I take my voucher in and ask “can I get a check for this?” and they tel me to go shop and come back in 15-30.

Except once.

Once the lady started pressing buttons before I said anything, put 37 cents in my hand and started counting out fives and tens. For a $400+ voucher (we’d just had a kid). I asked if I could get a check and she’s like “Tsk. Not NOW. You should have said something earlier.”

I wound up putting the cash in a drawer and slipping $30 into my wallet every now and then for a year and a half.

Lol, last year they gave me a grand in cash. Must have been just great timing on my part. I gave a few bills to my wife, kept a few, and tucked the rest into the drawer for the same reason.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

So you left your family only mostly clothed??

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Martman posted:

Why don't you try to find shoes, socks and underwear for toddlers in the store, bet you can't!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Martman posted:

When they start to fully contribute to the household they can be fully clothed...

Edit: I haven't gotten my refund back yet but I got an email last week telling me that it is coming. And I checked my spam folder and nothing in there either.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 17, 2021

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Lot of gas getters need an honest friend to berate them. So much futzing around. I knew one lady was trouble when I saw her trunk open, nothing good can come of that. She was somehow still faster at getting gas than the next guy. I was looking at him but not paying attention, somehow it took him two minutes to even get to the payment part of the process. Back to trunk lady, she's done, but now sitting in her car texting, at the back pump with nobody in front. Seems polite to let her drive off rather than box her in, which I kinda wish I did out of spite. Instead I was able to use the back pump next to her. I was about five gallons in before she left.

Most people are fine, I think sitting in the line gives such a clear view that it's like watching a little play. If I had no shame a little bullhorn could make it more exciting.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

durrneez posted:

did you pick up the nigori in the pink bottle?

That's the stuff. Not too bad, especially considering the price

Chris Chichester
Oct 23, 2001
Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

When they start to fully contribute to the household they can be fully clothed...

Edit: I haven't gotten my refund back yet but I got an email last week telling me that it is coming. And I checked my spam folder and nothing in there either.

It’s based off your statement close date. I finally watched the video in the email and mine won’t be ready before the 24th. Would make sense that it’s gonna be different for everyone.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Costco is bring back the dollar churro for only $1.50

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Mercury Hat posted:

Wow, ours had the four pack of AMC theatre tickets on clearance for $11.97 today.

Those should be useful in 2022.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was wondering where mine was but I checked my spam folder a few days ago and found it. I'm getting $497.70 back. :smug: Is it possible for them to make out a check to you? I don't want cash and I'm not going to spend $500 at Costco anytime soon.
Considering you'd have to spend *checks notes* neaarly 25k at costco to get that much back it's pretty safe to assume you will in fact spend 500 there sometime soon. On average you spend 2 grand a month at costco.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

jesus christ nearly 34k. Any higher and you'd be at 3 grand a month!

Its 2% right, so 2 bucks back every 100 you spend? Someone tell me my math is wrong.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
lol that there appear to be multiple goons stocking their bodegas at costco

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Considering you'd have to spend *checks notes* neaarly 25k at costco to get that much back it's pretty safe to assume you will in fact spend 500 there sometime soon. On average you spend 2 grand a month at costco.

jesus christ nearly 34k. Any higher and you'd be at 3 grand a month!

Its 2% right, so 2 bucks back every 100 you spend? Someone tell me my math is wrong.

It's more like $15k from my Costco-only purchases. Look at that pathetic $62.50 spent in gas stations, that's from concessions. Maybe some day gas stations in USA will offer DC fast charging.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Nfcknblvbl posted:

It's more like $15k from my Costco-only purchases. Look at that pathetic $62.50 spent in gas stations, that's from concessions. Maybe some day gas stations in USA will offer DC fast charging.

Oh that's the costco tie-in credit card not just the executive membership bonus that makes substantially more sense, though still 1k+/mo at costco is quite impressive.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol $3k per month sounds right. A wife, two kids, a dog, a house, and two cars. Costco, other grocery stores, travel, gifts, gasoline, restaurants, fast food, streaming services, household items, kids, auto expenses, insurance, other expenses.

I got the Amazon card, Target card, and Lowes card that give me 5% cash back at each of those. Everything else goes on Costco card. I haven't purchased anything with cash in years. Debit is a huge security risk and is never used.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Praise Costco for the Kirkland smoked salmon, so I can make my own bagel cream cheese and almost lox at 2AM.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
You all should get 2% cash back cards, like the Citi DoubleCash, to do a lot of your spending on.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

There’s a thread in BFC for that kind of stuff.

I had it more broken out but I currently use
Amex for Groceries - 6% back
Chase Business for Cell/Internet Bills - 5% back
Amex Amazon card for Amazon - 5% back
Citi Costco for gas/dining out/Costco - 4%/3%/2% back
Citi Doublecash for everything else - 2% back

It’s a hassle but it needs a grand or two a year in extra cash so whatever.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Having good credit sounds magical :allears: It's like you fill out a bunch of mystical paperwork and *poof* free money!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has started doing COVID-19 vaccinations now in certain areas. Looks like NYC, SoCal and most of Oregon and Puerto Rico
https://www.costco.com/covid-vaccine.html

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FCKGW posted:

Costco has started doing COVID-19 vaccinations now in certain areas. Looks like NYC, SoCal and most of Oregon and Puerto Rico
https://www.costco.com/covid-vaccine.html

You get both shots at once plus four more to share with your family.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Renegret posted:

Praise Costco for the Kirkland smoked salmon, so I can make my own bagel cream cheese and almost lox at 2AM.
am literally eating this as I read this post. super super good stuff. i buy the 2-pack.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
is the kirkland 2pak or the norwegian brand single-pack better?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Costco: Kirkland Signature Vaccine

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paul MaudDib posted:

thought this was a joke about the vaccines and lol'd

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Paul MaudDib posted:

Kirkland 2 pack

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

The refrigerated tikka masala is the bomb dot com. Especially if you live in a place without any north Indian style restaurants.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'd get a costco vaccine.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Does the Kirkland Signature Vaccine come with a free hotdog/soda plus free refill combo?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Does the Kirkland Signature Vaccine come with a free hotdog/soda plus free refill combo?

You can get it with no boba or extra boba.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
What's something ya'll get every trip to the costco? I get the croissants every time, they get eaten up fast in my house. That's pretty much the guaranteed thing I get.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

priznat posted:

What's something ya'll get every trip to the costco? I get the croissants every time, they get eaten up fast in my house. That's pretty much the guaranteed thing I get.

Other than sundries? Grillo's pickles, thanks to this thread. Even in the land of great kosher pickles, they're really drat good.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

priznat posted:

My wife eats the frozen breakfast burritos, I think they're evol green Chile and egg, nearly every day, with Bitchin sauce. So both of those things are on every list. Below that is Kombucha. If I could just subscribe to that order, I might go only once a month for anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pnumoman posted:

Kirkland 2 pack

Agreed but the norwegian single pack is still good so you can't go wrong with either.

The norwegian one comes with a honey mustard dill sauce that's really good so I'd get one if you want to make sure foofy snacks, but the kirkland is better for general purpose fishy