Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That looks not comfortable.

It’s missing half the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It’s missing half the dog, too

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

This wasnt here last time I bought gas. Nice little quality of life addition

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Costco haul away rules and most places will charge you $50 extra for that.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Culex posted:

My church has new carts, they are weird and I don't like them. They have like, a weird baby seat spot that doesn't fold away?

We've had those carts since...I can't even remember, our church opened in 2013 and I don't recall ever seeing anything but those?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Ours used to just have giant versions of grocery store buggies but now are the non folding child section kind. They're fine.

Remember the weird high flat level ones that the front end flipped up? I think they were at Raleys but I don't know.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This wasnt here last time I bought gas. Nice little quality of life addition

They were testing these in San Diego about 2 years ago. Glad to see them spread to most gas stations now. Super good idea.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
went to costco today and they had the new carts i liked them, more room in the kid seat basket for stuff

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
My Costco finally got those Brown Sugar Boba Ice Milk Bars and they are really fuckin good

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Anyone else feel the vibe of costco has gone down the shitter since being required to wear masks? The costco down the road used to be a good place to hang out, get your tires changed, and have a snack. Now I have to put on a mask to get some strawberry froyo? No thank you. I'll get my 1 dollar totinos from safeway.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lmao

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

MaxPowers posted:

Anyone else feel the vibe of costco has gone down the shitter since being required to wear masks? The costco down the road used to be a good place to hang out, get your tires changed, and have a snack. Now I have to put on a mask to get some strawberry froyo? No thank you. I'll get my 1 dollar totinos from safeway.

i dunno the vibe of costco has always felt awful. I hate it tbh, great deals on coconut water though.

Edit: it's more like a toyko commuter train at rush hour, but with wasp boomers. If you love this vibe I have serious questions for you

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 8, 2021

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I love the vibe. I'm also terminally addicted to bingo halls. Same energy.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

MaxPowers posted:

Jesus loving christ

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
just perma antimaskers

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MaxPowers posted:

Anyone else feel the vibe of costco has gone down the shitter since being required to wear pants? The costco down the road used to be a good place to hang out, get your tires changed, and have a snack. Now I have to put on pants to get some long discontinued menu items? No thank you. I'll get my 1 dollar totinos from safeway.

Ftfy

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

MaxPowers posted:

I bet you also like to stop abruptly in the center of an aisle with your cart with other people behind you.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I got blocked by a lady last time. I waited a moment because I'm patient and it doesn't matter but when she opened a second freezer door looking at something I buzzed around between her and the cart. The worst part was I had a flatbed.

Also some lady cut me off with her cart but we had a nice exchange over it. And I saw her at the registers and we shared another exchange.

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Are you guys seriously falling for that blatant troll

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

number 1 snake fan posted:

Are you guys seriously falling for that blatant troll

I am a startled sheep

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Anyone else feel the vibe of Safeway has gone down the shitter since MaxPowers started showing up? No thank you.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has been a much better shopping experience since they banished the sample carts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Costco pre or post pandemic is a fuckin jungle, man - kill or be killed! Keep your head on a swivel and never get out of the boat.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
WHERES THE loving MONEY LEBOWSKI ONION DISPENSER COSTCO?!?!?!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

Costco has been a much better shopping experience since they banished the sample carts.

I can't really tell if mine has brought back samples now or not. There were a couple of visits where the sample carts were back but just like, so you could see what the oreos looked like in a bowl behind plexiglass.

Now I'm pretty sure I've seen them hand people samples from behind the plexi but I'm not interested in sticking around to find out.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Went to Costco yesterday and let me tell you, attending church as a new homeowner is like another level of bliss. There are whole new aisles that are open and appealing to me that I never even dreamed of while living in an apartment. This must be what it's feels like to get your thetan levels to the maximum.

I spent $700 without purchasing any food, I only stopped because my car is small and couldn't carry any more home.
Imma find a pickup truck and then things are going to get really silly. This years executive reward is going to be epic.

PBUC

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
There are definitely a ton of food samples at my Costco but I never see anyone getting them

captain chauncey
May 6, 2009

You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

StormDrain posted:

Remember the weird high flat level ones that the front end flipped up? I think they were at Raleys but I don't know.

Those were totally Raleys carts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one not at a Raleys, to the point where kid me wondered why they had such a strong preference for them if no one else did.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
approaching the costco food court counter wearing a bandolier stuffed w/ white onions

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Whooping Crabs posted:

There are definitely a ton of food samples at my Costco but I never see anyone getting them

The carts are back but they aren’t allowed to hand out samples. They just have a sad box or a finished plate of food that no one can eat.

captain chauncey
May 6, 2009

You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

FCKGW posted:

The carts are back but they aren’t allowed to hand out samples. They just have a sad box or a finished plate of food that no one can eat.

Seems like they’re acting a little more like carnival barkers too, since with nothing to hand out there’s no reason to pay attention.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

FCKGW posted:

I wish there was a sample aisle/alley where you could walk through and try all the samples but it was not just at every end cap so everyone else could still freely walk up and down the aisles. Drives me crazy when the sample person has 16 people and 23 carts surrounding them blocking my access to the mini naans or the tillamook cheddar.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

Does costco offer delivery and install for big appliances? I need a new washer and dryer in my house.

But Costco doesn’t sell Speed Queens.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Ours used to just have giant versions of grocery store buggies but now are the non folding child section kind. They're fine.

Food Lion used to have those in the 90s

e: holy poo poo U. of Alberta did human experiments on this question

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 8, 2021

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

MaxPowers posted:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't bring your kids to the store. It's that easy

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

Don't bring your kids to the store. It's that easy

Sure let me leave my barely toddler at home alone with their 4 year old sibling.

Costco is welcoming of all parishioners, let them all receive communion or at least a churro.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
is this for sams club

Stoop Kid
Jan 17, 2007

Afraid to leave his stoop.
I found some Dinner Franks for 6.97 at the business center. I also have homemade sauerkraut available. Gonna be eatin good on the cheap this weekend, goons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A this week for $100. 64 GBs of storage is just nuts. https://www.costco.com/samsung-galaxy-8%22-tab-a-wi-fi-tablet-32gb---silver---includes-bonus-32gb-microsd-card.product.100511016.html

It has been pretty nice. I mostly use it to watch videos while working or doing chores. It has lasted 8+ hours on a single charge. I got it on Thursday and I'm still on my first charge. It also decent enough to play hearthstone which is a pretty big resource hog so I imagine it can handle most applications.