Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Went to Costco today for a gift but the vendor that was there on Tuesday when I heard about it is long gone. I was hoping they’d be there for a week at least!

Oh well

It was also crowded AF so I didn’t any anything else because the lines were ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It is Friday my dudes

Dat cheese! :eyepop:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

It is Friday my dudes

wrap the entire dog in the pizza DO IT

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I’m like 0 for 3 on clothing from Costco, I think I’ll have to give up buying it there. Most recent purchase was a Eddie Bauer thermal loungewear set (shirt and bottoms). The inner lining of the pants started breaking down immediately and I woke up with a bunch of fluffs in my bed. The more usual pajamas had a giant stack of XXL and nothing else which is just too big even for me.

On the other hand I got a covid booster there first day they were available without restrictions.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I love Costco clothing. Urban Star/Union Bay jeggings for men, their zip-up Eddie Bauer hoodies, the Gerry light pullover hoodies...I'm in cozy heaven.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

A buddy of mine saw this; if you live in Dallas and want to work for what seems to be a decent company, I'd hit em up. Pretty sure it comes with unlimited dogs & kraut.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Eeyo posted:

I’m like 0 for 3 on clothing from Costco, I think I’ll have to give up buying it there. Most recent purchase was a Eddie Bauer thermal loungewear set (shirt and bottoms). The inner lining of the pants started breaking down immediately and I woke up with a bunch of fluffs in my bed. The more usual pajamas had a giant stack of XXL and nothing else which is just too big even for me.

On the other hand I got a covid booster there first day they were available without restrictions.

On the other hand, I wore one pair of pants I got there throughout my vacation in Greece, and loved them so much I regretted not buying many pairs. Today I looked online and they had them, so I got two more pairs. The English Laundry five pocket pants. They have a nice weave to the fabric that I think looks nice enough to go to dinner in but not too fancy to wear casually.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

I bought one of these in 2009 and it’s still going strong cleaning up dog barf

Mine lasted about 10 years.... strangely enough, the week the spotbot stopped working, the cat with the daily furballs died in her sleep.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Just sitting here with my little Pershings at the food court. Hotdogs, pizzas, smoothies and togetherness....thanks, Costco!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Midniter posted:

I love Costco clothing. Urban Star/Union Bay jeggings for men, their zip-up Eddie Bauer hoodies, the Gerry light pullover hoodies...I'm in cozy heaven.

:hmmyes:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I was tempted but did not pull the trigger

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

bagmonkey posted:

What do you guys use to clean up cat barf and hairballs and other gross pet stuff? That's really the only reason I burn through so many paper towels, otherwise I try to use the bulk bar towels you can buy anywhere

Bissell Little Green Machine. Get the one with the heater. Pick up the chunky bits and let the GM do the rest. I've got three cats and one is a puker. It's a carpet saver.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

WescottF1 posted:

Bissell Little Green Machine. Get the one with the heater. Pick up the chunky bits and let the GM do the rest. I've got three cats and one is a puker. It's a carpet saver.

We have one cat that is always having hairballs and puking. They don't have this at Costco (if they did it'd be a gallon tub) but it's worked wonders at preventing the hairballs/puking

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MD3O4O/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_C680ZH65GTXJJ1EJG3HK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
does costco have any whole-bean coffee that's any good? I know people mentioned the whiskey one was really bad but how's the other stuff?

(I'm generally opposed to pre-ground coffee but idk maybe if it really knocked your socks off?)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Paul MaudDib posted:

does costco have any whole-bean coffee that's any good? I know people mentioned the whiskey one was really bad but how's the other stuff?

(I'm generally opposed to pre-ground coffee but idk maybe if it really knocked your socks off?)

Lavazza Crema Aroma is what I always get, it's great for both drip and Espresso.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Seconding Lavazza. My German coworker turned me on to it because it was the only coffee he said tasted like the coffee he was used to.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I would loving cry with happiness if my costco started carrying lavazza. Alas.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My Presto satellite heater and two more lined waffle knits arrived and they’re saving my rear end it’s cold as gently caress rn

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Mmmm waffles.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ok so I've gotten and tried a few things from the fridge section of prepared meals. Here's my report:

Pot Roast: Pretty dang good! Pair with roast veggies and some mashed taters (from the same section) to use some of the juices/sauce.
Pulled Pork: meh. Added some lovely bbq sauce but honestly the only issue I had was that it seemed kind of almost cured. The whole drat thing was pink inside, not just a smoke ring. We had it on some buns and it was alright.
Lemongrass Chicken: Pretty dang good! Served over pasta to catch some of the sauce
Steaks: Pretty dang good! I mean they say on the pack that they've been cooked sous vide so you only need to heat them up if you want, so there's not much to gently caress em up unless you try.

We also got but have not tried the chicken tikka masala. For some reason my wife has it in her head that she hates anything related to curry and somehow tikka falls into that category. So I guess I'll just heat some up for lunch one of these days and hope it's ok.

Overall I'm pretty happy with everything so far. Nothing has been outright bad and most things have surprised us with how decent they are. Our expectations were pretty low so I'm sure that helped but I can't recommend against anything we've tried so far.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Paul MaudDib posted:

The Ruta Maya stuff is a good whole bean coffee for the price.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the kirkland whole bean is not terrible for the price. It's not good per se but it's decentish and cheap. It's basically starbucks beans.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Inspector 34 posted:

We also got but have not tried the chicken tikka masala. For some reason my wife has it in her head that she hates anything related to curry and somehow tikka falls into that category. So I guess I'll just heat some up for lunch one of these days and hope it's ok.

I haven't tried everything from the prepared meal fridge section, but the tikka masala is the best of what I have tried. Add some of the naan they sell and it's pretty a pretty dang good Indian fix. Sadly my wife also is too cowardly to embrace Indian cuisine, so I don't get to eat at the good Indian spots in town as often as I'd like.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Anybody else having problems with pizza quality at the food court? We took some home with us yesterday, the cheese pie was good but the pepperoni left a lot to be desired...very little cheese on it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Enos Cabell posted:

I was tempted but did not pull the trigger

You really screwed up you will regret this for the rest of your life.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pnumoman posted:

This is that I buy and I'm very happy with it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

pnumoman posted:

This is our favorite. Generally Costco is the highest value coffee I've ever seen. Some of the Kirkland signature like their Sumatra are also very good

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

bird with big dick posted:

You really screwed up you will regret this for the rest of your life.

That's what my brother said, so he's going down to pick one up this afternoon. It's a Festivus miracle!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pershing posted:

Anybody else having problems with pizza quality at the food court? We took some home with us yesterday, the cheese pie was good but the pepperoni left a lot to be desired...very little cheese on it.

I think thread wisdom has said that the cheese pizza has like twice the amount of cheese as the peperoni.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Cheese pizza has more calories per slice than the pepperoni

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

pnumoman posted:

I really liked it but my Costco stopped carrying it. Very sad.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

yo what the gently caress have the kirkland brats been discontinued? i haven't seen them the last couple of visits to church

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
Where is the fruitcake this year?

TurdBurgles
Sep 17, 2007

I AM WHITE AND PLAY NA FLUTE ON TRIBAL LANDS WITH NO GUILT.
Checked 2 Costco and a business center, no fruitcakes 😓

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Thwomp posted:

I really liked it but my Costco stopped carrying it. Very sad.

They ship!

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Since the Lavazza coffee was brought up earlier, I think it's worth mentioning that it's going to be $3.50 off starting the 29th.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Enos Cabell posted:

I haven't tried everything from the prepared meal fridge section, but the tikka masala is the best of what I have tried. Add some of the naan they sell and it's pretty a pretty dang good Indian fix. Sadly my wife also is too cowardly to embrace Indian cuisine, so I don't get to eat at the good Indian spots in town as often as I'd like.

My wife walked in as I was typing that last post and vehemently denied hating curries. She reminded me that she does actually cook a thai shrimp curry every once in a while so I guess I should set the record straight there. To all of you here in the Costco thread, my wife does not harbor any ill will toward curry or curry loving cultures. She's also not culinarily cowardly, but her parents are so she never developed a taste for certain things.

Tonight we're doing the tikka!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Inspector 34 posted:

My wife walked in as I was typing that last post and vehemently denied hating curries. She reminded me that she does actually cook a thai shrimp curry every once in a while so I guess I should set the record straight there. To all of you here in the Costco thread, my wife does not harbor any ill will toward curry or curry loving cultures. She's also not culinarily cowardly, but her parents are so she never developed a taste for certain things.

Well, good thing your wife set us straight then. We will make a note of this.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

TurdBurgles posted:

Checked 2 Costco and a business center, no fruitcakes 😓

Turn off your monitor.

:boom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Inspector 34 posted:

I remain unconvinced. I am certain that your wife does not like curry. Shame, it's a good dish