Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yeah, I'm gonna just keep taking it to a place. Changing oil in the cold is a pain. Getting rid of the oil is a pain. If if costs me thirty bucks more twice a year, but I get to sit down somewhere during my lunch and drink awful jiffy lube coffee, I'll call that a bargain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I've bought quite a few Lacoste Polos from Costco and now I have two where the hem at the bottom of them has fallen apart. Is this because im fat (my gut isn't stretching the shirt out or anything)? or is there something different about the Lacoste polos they sell at costco? They are cheaper than the ones from department stores but they are still expensive . This is in Australia btw.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had a good little routine where I'd recycle the oil on the same trip that I bought a new oil filter. I just ordered a bunch of filters online though so that's busted.

I really made it easy in myself though. I have a valve that accepts a hose on the drain pan, and the truck is high enough up I drive in a 2x12 scrap on one tire just for a little comfort. Drain, close the valve, replace the filter. I can get it done pretty fast. I do it myself particularly so I can use full synthetic at a lower cost. Sometimes I gather oil and have it analyzed as well, for peace of mind. The lab accurately warned me about an issue on one of my vehicles, probably saved my motor because I knew what the problem was and didn't let it linger.

Oil changes are about 9k miles for my cars so it's not so often to be a burden.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Yeah it's cool if you don't want to do your own oil changes, just like I don't want to bake my own croissants. I've got weirdo poo poo that was never sold in the USA so I'm kind of responsible for maintenance like this anyway. Besides our Volvo, that's under warranty and I don't give a fuuuuck

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I wish Kirkland paper towel rolls didn't come individually wrapped. There I said it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

I wish Kirkland paper towel rolls didn't come individually wrapped. There I said it.

Individual packaging might be the least best thing about Costco

But they do have a hot dog and drink with free refill, for $1.50, so there's that

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the worst thing about costco is probably how many people decided shopping as an entire family is extremely necessary while a virulent disease floating around. The best thing is the croissants

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

a sexual elk posted:

Went to pick up some stuff to change the wife’s oil on her new Subaru, the guy running the place brought up a good point, taking it into a shop provides a paper trail in case any kind of warranty issues pop up. I’d have never thought of that cause all my cars have been old as poo poo. Or in the case of my ‘66 bug an oil change was dumping in a quart every couple weeks.

This is 100% a thing. Especially if you're doing your regular maintenence at a dealership. I've seen the warranty claims department from the OEM make exceptions in the customer's favor when all the vehicle's service was done at that brand's dealer with licensed techs. It's rare and may not be worth it, but seeing an out of warranty transmission being replaced because a part failed that the manufacturer said shouldn't have due to that paper trail is something to consider

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

the worst thing about costco is probably how many people decided shopping as an entire family is extremely necessary while a virulent disease floating around.

Yeah, it would be better for society if people on the whole were more careful about COVID.

BUT it is probably a lot harder and more challenging to be more careful about COVID when you have to deal with the challenges and time demands of raising kids. I’m a single person so I’m a little hesitant to judge families wrt this.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
no need to misrepresent what I was saying, I am talking about families where there obviously is a spare adult to wrangle the children but they all decide to go in and act like plague rats anyways. Then again I don't have kids maybe there is something about a crowded and diseased costco that makes childcare really practical

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

namlosh posted:

My brother bought those pickles and they are heaven… he’s in OH and we don’t get them down here TX

Best Maid are available in Texas. Be aware there are two levels of spicy of Best Maid, good and too hot.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

no need to misrepresent what I was saying, I am talking about families where there obviously is a spare adult to wrangle the children but they all decide to go in and act like plague rats anyways. Then again I don't have kids maybe there is something about a crowded and diseased costco that makes childcare really practical

Or maybe the parents are stressed out and have run out of ideas for their kids to do inside and it’s too cold to go outside and the parents still have to get errands done and are literally at their wits end because this whole thing sucks.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

nwin posted:

Or maybe the parents are stressed out and have run out of ideas for their kids to do inside and it’s too cold to go outside and the parents still have to get errands done and are literally at their wits end because this whole thing sucks.

Yeah those priorities are super hosed up is what im saying

edit: like if you're low-key suicidal towards the pandemic or whatever please don't involve bystanders shopping for their essentials into that

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 24, 2022

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

the worst thing about costco is probably how many people decided shopping as an entire family is extremely necessary while a virulent disease floating around. The best thing is the croissants

It sucks, but you never know what's going on. I have to drive over an hour to a Costco. The whole family comes in because of a lot of reasons surrounding that fact. We also only go once every 4-6 weeks.

When we lived two blocks away from one, unless we were buying something really unwieldy, only one of us ever went. If there was something we both needed to look at, we just did it in different trips.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Yeah those priorities are super hosed up is what im saying

edit: like if you're low-key suicidal towards the pandemic or whatever please don't involve bystanders shopping for their essentials into that

Bro why don't you just use instacart or something instead of whining about others choices, that's safer for you!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

DoubleT2172 posted:

Bro why don't you just use instacart or something instead of whining about others choices, that's safer for you!

it's prohibitively expensive dum dum, and puts someone else at risk anyways . Anyways it sucks. I recommend getting the kids some hobbies instead of rolling around costco together but if you want to make things loving suck how can I stop you

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

it's prohibitively expensive dum dum, and puts someone else at risk anyways . Anyways it sucks. I recommend getting the kids some hobbies instead of rolling around costco together but if you want to make things loving suck how can I stop you

Maybe invest in a hazmat suit so you feel safe

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

DoubleT2172 posted:

Maybe invest in a hazmat suit so you feel safe

OK

edit: even if this weren't just a "gently caress you" in so many words, if I actually did wear a hazmat suit to costco I would get thrown the gently caress out instantly because plague rats do not like to be reminded that they carry the plague

edit 2: I didn't imagine people would actually defend the pandemic costco family time but here we are

Jokerpilled Drudge fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 24, 2022

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

OK

edit: even if this weren't just a "gently caress you" in so many words, if I actually did wear a hazmat suit to costco I would get thrown the gently caress out instantly because plague rats do not like to be reminded that they carry the plague

edit 2: I didn't imagine people would actually defend the pandemic costco family time but here we are

Get vaccinated and wear a mask and you'll be safe boyo

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Cool. I’m sure every parent is glad to take your advice and surely haven’t ever thought of these creative ideas you mentioned.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

My favorite part is the crying about cost for Instacart and in the same breath saying other people should make their kids have hobbies, which as we all know are TOTALLY 0 cost things lmao

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

DoubleT2172 posted:

My favorite part is the crying about cost for Instacart and in the same breath saying other people should make their kids have hobbies, which as we all know are TOTALLY 0 cost things lmao

I love how you guys ended up here when we started with "People shouldn't bring their whole rear end families to Costco". It's definitely a thing and it'd be awesome if mom, dad, grandma, grandpa and three kids weren't all at Costco at the same time!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Like where the gently caress do you live that one parent can't stay home with the kids? That doesn't cost anything. Do that

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

namlosh posted:

My brother bought those pickles and they are heaven… he’s in OH and we don’t get them down here TX

Where in Texas are you because Best Maid is everywhere at my HEB. From dill pickles, slices, relish, pickled okra, spears, sour, beer, or sweet pickles, hell we even have pickled sweet jalapeños and this God tier burger/hot dog condiment

Edit: just noticed the original pickle brand was not Best Maid but keeping this post because no one should sleep on the varieties Best Maid has

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 24, 2022

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The family day out to Costco is both weird and infuriating because there is always at least two families rolling down an isle with two carts blocking the whole thing while arguing about what type of TP they need.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

thank goodness someone is standing up for the eight person family trundling around costco during a pandemic

This is the solidarity we need to defeat this viral scourge

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Agreed. I don't understand brining two adults and multiple loose children. Especially on a weekend day when it's very busy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Inspector 34 posted:

Has Costco phased out their Kirkland Signature brand motor oil? Tigard, Or store didn't even have a bay for it and the next closest place had exactly 1 case with a sign saying, "This is the last one."

It was pretty great deal on 5w/30 synthetic, would be sorry to see it go. I didn't think to check the price there on the aisle and I think the receipt is long gone already.

Mine has it still and no pricing shenanigans for discontinued poo poo.

You know what they didn't have though? Diced onions and deli mustard.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

jisforjosh posted:

Where in Texas are you because Best Maid is everywhere at my HEB. From dill pickles, slices, relish, pickled okra, spears, sour, beer, or sweet pickles, hell we even have pickled sweet jalapeños and this God tier burger/hot dog condiment

Edit: just noticed the original pickle brand was not Best Maid but keeping this post because no one should sleep on the varieties Best Maid has

Jalapeno mustard relish. Woah. :stare:

Renegret posted:

You know what they didn't have though? Diced onions and deli mustard.

When I went last week I left the checkout, literally looked longingly at the hotdog poster, looked down in sadness, and walked away. It's just not the same without the onions and deli mustard.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 24, 2022

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

nwin posted:

Cool. I’m sure every parent is glad to take your advice and surely haven’t ever thought of these creative ideas you mentioned.

Yeah, this. There’s a whole heap of pandemic parenting decisions that need to be made daily and maybe, just maybe, this goon may not have a complete idea of why those parents are making that choice.

Tho I go to Costco after the kids go to sleep. And yeah, I’d rather sit on the couch for literally the first time that day during that time period. It sucks and I’m exhausted and my young kids have basically never encountered ‘running errands’ in their entire lives, which is pretty messed up.

So I’m gonna cut the plague family a break at this point.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

BadSamaritan posted:

I’m gonna cut the plague family a break at this point.

:agreed:

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

also

poisonpill posted:

Bring back the Polish. Bring back the Combo. People are dying out here.
:negative:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pennywise the Frown posted:

When I went last week I left the checkout, literally looked longingly at the hotdog poster, looked down in sadness, and walked away. It's just not the same without the onions and deli mustard.

Same. Polish dog with kraut n onions n deli mustard was top tier

I actually got a dog yesterday and parked super far away and was in a hurry juggling a ton of things and forgot to put condiments on by the time I got to my car and just said gently caress it. Not they have anything besides ketchup (which I don’t use) n piss mustard but it was really kinda foul I didn’t even finish it; I don’t think yellow mustard would have salvaged it

Also got a churro and strawberry yogurt sundae. The new churro really kinda sucks rear end imo; way too soggy and didn’t have the old crunch and was missing strong kick of real cinnamon

Sundae was good tho, would get it again.

I miss the glory days

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Costco is the hobby hth

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol people keep exposing themselves as major jack asses in the costco thread keep up the good work

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

BadSamaritan posted:

So I’m gonna cut the plague family a break at this point.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren:

https://www.costco.com/sony-playstation-5-gaming-console-bundle.product.100834763.html

May not longer be up, I’m 10 minutes late with the drop news.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

StormDrain posted:

brining two adults and multiple loose children.

I'll dig the pit and get the fire going while you fill the bathtub

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Costco might be my biggest help but also the biggest impediment to my diet

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A dog is 550 calories so if I have that and a diet Pepsi, that's a solid lunch for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Got a churro from the food court and dropped it off at my wife's job on my way home as a surprise. Then she got stuck in traffic coming home so I accidentally saved myself from a very hangry wife. PBUC.

Haven't been to Costco since before Christmas but spent a record low ($350) because my heart just wasn't in it today. Got a giant Sheppard's pie for dinner so now we have food for about 3 days though, so that's nice.