Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Andrew Lime posted:

As much as I love the concept of a mexican boxer-capoeira fighter, really wish there could have been a Brazilian to fill that role.
Turns out Toyoda is super not cool with the burning of the Amazon and boycotted Brazil from Purgatory. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Andrew Lime posted:

As much as I love the concept of a mexican boxer-capoeira fighter, really wish there could have been a Brazilian to fill that role.

To be fair, Gaolang is a Muy-Thai practitioner who moved over to boxing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah Gaolong I believe in you.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gaolang's gonna reveal that he's become way more flexible now from hanging out with Karo for 2 years.

Still bad at showing any emotion on his face though.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Gaolang's gonna reveal that he's become way more flexible now from hanging out with Karo for 2 years.

Still bad at showing any emotion on his face though.

Actually he hung out with Saw Paing for awhile and now not only is the broken bones in his hand fixed, they're stronger than ever!

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zerilan posted:

Actually he hung out with Saw Paing for awhile and now not only is the broken bones in his hand fixed, they're stronger than ever!

Gaolang will beat Carlos with his new finishing move, the Hammer of Thailand.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

some fun kengan cameos in this weeks danberu

https://mangadex.org/title/19600/danberu-nan-kiro-moteru

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

The greatest corporate portrait :allears:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Re-reading Ashura, Ohma looks a lot like Gensai during the Raian fight when he starts focusing on his techniques rather than his gimmick. Interesting.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
in retrospect the guy who carved a wall into a statue with his bare hands was probably a shoe in for tournament winner

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
lmao, for real

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

in retrospect the guy who carved a wall into a statue with his bare hands was probably a shoe in for tournament winner

I mean, Rei outright said when Gensai fought Rihito that barring any surprises, Gensai would make it to the quarter finals. And also made the claim that everyone avoided picking Gensai's opposing slot on the brackets meaning Rihito, who went dead last was saddled with that fight. Which is even more intimidating when you realize someone deliberately chose to pick a fight with Agito in the first round, but everyone backed off from Gensai.

The writing was on the wall.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Zerilan posted:

You were almost certainly right

https://mangadex.org/chapter/891165/1

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
That's what happens when you do not follow trusted curators, Carlos.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Two ways to reach Gensai-level status:

(a) Train for decades in the forests and in mountain monasteries, like Gensai;

(b) Order a reference book from Amazon and train for 20 hours.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I figured the Purgatory guy in the wife beater was the strongest

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Catpetter1981 posted:

Somehow I don't think method 2 is actually gonna work out for Mr. Medel all that well.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

His fists are probably as strong as Saw's head or something. I hope we're going to going to get a picture of Saw's head on place of the fists. Naturally the heads would be yelling.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Saw Paing: LET'S HIT YOUR SHATTERED FIST WITH A MALLET YEAHHHHHHHHH!

Gaolang: Seems legit.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Catpetter1981 posted:

Thank God that Carlos only found a 3.5 star app. Can you imagine if he found something 4 stars? 5 Stars and he would be unstoppable.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Ehhhhh. I figured that Carlos would bring much more than that

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That move where he grabbed Galong's foot and used it to boost himself upward into a kick was sick as gently caress, is that a move that actually exists in capoeira?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mindblast posted:

His fists are probably as strong as Saw's head or something. I hope we're going to going to get a picture of Saw's head on place of the fists. Naturally the heads would be yelling.

I assumed Gaolong used his elbow to deflect the kick with his Muay Thai.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Plot twist: He had his knuckles reinforced with titanium plates.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I will deeply enjoy if somebody's downfall comes about because they didn't pick the right phone app.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
He blew through two flashbacks already, he's definitely losing

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Gaolang knew it was vital to keep the flashback about his hand in reserve even if it meant getting beat up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh whoops I'm an idiot, I thought Carlos was just being edgy when he talked about his techniques being able to kill gods, and then I remembered that Gaolong's epithet is literally Thai God of War, so now that comment is less edgy and way more badass.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Catpetter1981 posted:

Until proven otherwise and Gensai actually loses a fight, I assume that anyone trying this stuff vs him would result in him smacking them down while lecturing them on not having put in the decade of training needed to master what they're doing.

Also as much as I don't want Gaolang to burn up all his flashback powers and lose, I so badly want to see scenes of him and Saw training together to toughen his bones.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The only person I would accept defeating Gensai is Rihito.

A Master must eventually lose to his student, after all.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Except Gensai didn't have a student. He just had a relentless spectator. :v:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

The only person I would accept defeating Gensai is Rihito.

A Master must eventually lose to his student, after all.

Rihito is definitely the person I most want to see win their fight here.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
just like last time, no one has any real expectations of rihito. it'd be nice if he came through.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The latest Danberu has a Hikaru no Go parody, with an interesting character making an appearance...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

The latest Danberu has a Hikaru no Go parody, with an interesting character making an appearance...

You forgot to mention Kaneda appearing as well

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The Kazzy appearance was good, but completely lost it at the Ace Attorney/Steel Samurai reference.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
Sandrovich is great.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think a samurai would dominate all the fighters in kengan

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
weapons are against the rules unless they get past the refs, and his bushido code would prevent him from hiding his swords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Might be a reference to Baki Dou where they revive Musashi, the historical samurai dude, who then proceeds to wipe the floor with a buncha named characters.