Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

my parents boyfriend posted:

Remember what happened when Julius caught someone's kick. Sawada hasn't been given much love. I feel like the only mention of him in Omega ended with Kazzy admitting he was scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Being perfectly honest, if Sawada hadn't hit Julius in his Trapezius and had landed that kick on the Temple he would have probably at least downed Julius. The head is the one place where Muscle armor doesn't apply and I wasn't happy that Sawada got downplayed in Omega since he was Rihito-tier and that's still pretty solidly in the mid tier without the benefit of a 2 year timeskip powerup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wakatsuki: The hell is a Tiger’s vessel???

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
You know, in this situation a genuinely strong guy would simply rotate his arm muscles like a drill, but... heh... I guess Waka could have some techniques or something up his sleeves.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gonna be very funny when Wakatsuki steamrolls the vaunted Tiger's Vessel effortlessly with his incredible musculature

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
My complaint about wakatsuki is more general than jus tthis fight. I want to see him use his grip like Julius did to sawadas ankle

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The problem here for Mr.Wakatsuki is that he is all about raw power and explosivity and now he's fighting a magical Niko user who can redirect power and explosivity at will

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The problem here for Mr.Wakatsuki is that he is all about raw power and explosivity and now he's fighting a magical Niko user who can redirect power and explosivity at will

This is an opportune fight where the relative strengths of the combatants should be so great that Wakatsuki can end this fight by just throwing him out of the ring like it's Mario 64.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
At this point I just feel bad for Liu.
2 of his 3 friends are Worms, and the other is just the latest vessel for Nicolas Le Banner.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Zzulu posted:

Isn't the whole point of Wakatsuki that while it seems he is just all raw power snd simple fighting style, the real danger is the fact that he is one of the most experienced fighters in the manga when it comes to matches like these? So whatever you are trying to do to defeat him, hope you are real confident in it, because like a dozen of fighter tried simmilar thing against him in past and all failed.

I mean he literally fought a Tiger Vessel that mainly used Niko style before and was kinda trouncing him until he got caught in that super special ultimate mega counter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ohma was pretty banged up for the Wakatsuki fight though vs fei who is in peak condition. A lot more banged up than wakatsuki was too. I'd like to see Wakatsuki just gently caress the ground up to free himself with his insane strength although a blast core while Fei is gripping his hand purely to get a ring out would be a funny ending

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
My "this would be awesome" headcanon would be Wakatsuki pulls something clever/unexpected and rings Fei out, prompting a tantrum from Fei and the Other Niko which leads to a tournament interruption.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, both results of this match would have interesting ramifications.Either Wakatsuki wins, and the Other Niko will abandon Fei and laser focus on Ohma (and Agito) again, or Fei wins and establishes his credential as a serious rival and a real threat, because he just bodied one of the strongest fighters in the setting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i forgot this guy existed and he does have the exact same hair as rihito.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly, both results of this match would have interesting ramifications.Either Wakatsuki wins, and the Other Niko will abandon Fei and laser focus on Ohma (and Agito) again, or Fei wins and establishes his credential as a serious rival and a real threat, because he just bodied one of the strongest fighters in the setting.

This would be really cool, although I wonder how many magical howevers Sandrovich will have up his sleeve.

I'm anticipating Wakatsuki doing something like, Tsk... So I have to unreveal my anti-Niko techniques here instead of against Ohma... or something to that effect. I mean, a guy like that has definitely been training to overcome the people who beat him previously, so even if he didn't anticipate going up against a Niko style user, he probably has an answer to it. It would be nice if Fei doesn't job though, Purgatory has been pretty disappointing so far. I'm just glad the tournament isn't going to be the entire manga this time around.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Tosk posted:

This would be really cool, although I wonder how many magical howevers Sandrovich will have up his sleeve.

I'm anticipating Wakatsuki doing something like, Tsk... So I have to unreveal my anti-Niko techniques here instead of against Ohma... or something to that effect. I mean, a guy like that has definitely been training to overcome the people who beat him previously, so even if he didn't anticipate going up against a Niko style user, he probably has an answer to it. It would be nice if Fei doesn't job though, Purgatory has been pretty disappointing so far. I'm just glad the tournament isn't going to be the entire manga this time around.

Pretty much all the fights involving the returning fighters from the tournament have been showing how they've learned from their defeats since KA, so fully expecting Wakatsuki to pull off some "anti-bullshit techniques" here

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I think you can get out of the wrist hold using a forward flip, you have to go with the hold not against it, especially when you have a core of a god.

Waka has this in the bag. Smash the dumb karate kid in half

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

I think you can get out of the wrist hold using a forward flip, you have to go with the hold not against it, especially when you have a core of a god.

Correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFLWR8Ulm4&t=139s

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

quite looking forward to seeing kureishi and koga's uncle fight with whatever comes next and maybe a brief interlude training arc that is just an excuse to get koga ready and have ohma and agito fight

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/S1DgTFv/1/1/

123!

Confirmed by the drafts, Waka wasn't using blast core. Apparently that mountain shaking punch was the same thing he did to Gozo in the KAT

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

They better not loving offscreen the Raian and Muteba fights

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

raian has amazing faces

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Plutonis posted:

They better not loving offscreen the Raian and Muteba fights

I suspect they will absolutely offscreen Raian and Muteba fights.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
If Muteba drops his knife then he's got a chance. The record for knife users vs unarmed is very poor.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:holymoley:

https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-124.html

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Last chapter was hype. This chapter...not so much. Niko style was a mistake

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

some great faces in this chapter

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Okay so how many slightly different veiny super saiyan forms are we up to now?

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kanos posted:

Okay so how many slightly different veiny super saiyan forms are we up to now?

Ohma - Advance
Kure family + Lu Tian - Removal
Alan Wu - Guihun
Fei Wangwang - Divine Demon

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm gonna assume the new one is a combined advance + removal

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Catpetter1981 posted:

Ohma - Advance
Kure family + Lu Tian - Removal
Alan Wu - Guihun
Fei Wangwang - Divine Demon

There was Setsuna's Fallen Demon form too, which I think counts even if it went with a different aesthetic

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I personally consider end of Kengan Asura Ohma's Less Advance as another form

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I can't wait for Wakatsuki to punch the life out of this fuckin nerd

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Well, hopefully he remembers he lost to the demonsbane counter last time and this dude may have a better or modified version of it.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Big yawn. Hope the series moves on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Purgatory has had like, only 5 fighters that had original fighting styles right? Falcon, Fei, Terashi, Naidan and Nicholas Le Banner (not). Everyone else keeps trying beat them at their speciality.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Purgatory is the NXT of underground illegal fight clubs.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

wakatsuki pulls out a gun and kills fei wang

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wakatsuki hits him so hard that he knocks the concept of veiny hyper modes out of the manga.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wakatsuki hits him so hard that he knocks the concept of veiny hyper modes out of the manga.

Julius' drill punch is kinda like a veiny hyper mode, now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Catpetter1981 posted:

Julius' drill punch is kinda like a veiny hyper mode, now that I think about it.

nah, he's probably impotent from the grotesquely excessive steroid abuse.