Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm excited to see Kuroki Gensai in action finally. If you don't remember, Rihito was the last to choose his bracket spot, and he got stuck with him, making Gensai the man nobody wanted to fight, even less so than the fang. He hasn't gotten a lot of screentime yet, but I think he's one of the major contenders. Rihito had a good run, but he's gonna get murdered here 99% of the time.

I feel like we have a pretty solid stretch of fights with pretty obvious outcomes. Gensai, Setsuna, and Sen are probably all moving on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, people were scared of Gensai? I totally missed that.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, people were scared of Gensai? I totally missed that.

It's speculation based purely on bracket picks, but it seems pretty likely, and the bracket picks play into the little developing plotline of teito university targeting Bando Yohei for disgracing them, so there's precedent for paying attention to them.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Re: Gensai

Reminder that Rihito is up against Gensai cause nobody wanted to fight him.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

We can't assume nobody wanted to fight gensai even more than the fang, because number 6 took fighting the fang as a revenge thing, he is more likely the second most terrifying fighter with fang being 1.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Gaolang and Canada, the other ones that picked last, both took the other slot nobody wanted with the fang in round 2 over facing Gensai fresh in the first round. Either way though, Gensai's definitely got a big reputation.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
i decided to check the wiki because i've forgotten who some of thje fighters are and i'm a big fan of it having spoilers of untranslated chapters

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

For all the time spent on Hayami and his conspiracy it looks like he's going to lose the second of his three initial fighters.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I hope the mockey delinquent gets more screentime in the peanut gallery because he seems like a fun dude when he’s not jobbin

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
At least it was over in a single chapter instead of streeeetching it out.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rihito needs to beat Gensai and then also beat Setsuna, causing Setsuna to fall in murder-love with him instead of Ohma.

edit: Does anyone have any predictions for Kaneda vs. Gaolong?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Rihito is probably going to give mockey dude competition for being the biggest jobber. Also think Gao wins because he looks like he'd be a better matchup vs Fang.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one's expecting anything from rihito, which says to me that he is gonna have a drat fine showing even if he still probably won't win.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Rihito is probably going to give mockey dude competition for being the biggest jobber. Also think Gao wins because he looks like he'd be a better matchup vs Fang.

Gao's been getting some hype so he'll probably make it. Or they'll murder him like that old 'God of War' on the boat. Who knows.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 23, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like Rihito could be really, really strong if given actual proper training in a martial art. Like maybe some sort of grappling or something, using his Super Fingers. He's spent pretty much his entire career just relying on his finger slicing stuff, so if he expanded his repertoire he could do a lot more.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RareAcumen posted:

Crazy as it sounds, don't count Hatsumi out of the running so quickly. He's the only person besides the Fang to beat Wakatsuki.

Uhhh was this actually revealed yet? It’s a minor spoiler but still.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Uhhh was this actually revealed yet? It’s a minor spoiler but still.

I read through a bunch of the comic looking for a panel, I could've sworn that was mentioned somewhere.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ytlaya posted:

Rihito needs to beat Gensai and then also beat Setsuna, causing Setsuna to fall in murder-love with him instead of Ohma.

edit: Does anyone have any predictions for Kaneda vs. Gaolong?

I'm pretty sure Kaneda will win since his CEO is story relevant.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kaneda's style literally required him to have the poo poo beaten out of him so he could get used to his opponent's style.

I don't think he's gonna last long.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i can't believe kazzy beat the fang

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

where the red fern gropes posted:

i can't believe kazzy beat the fang

They don't call him "Kazzy the Fang-Beater" for nothing you know

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
cop guy is the worst holy poo poo

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Hate-Senpai posted:

Kaneda's style literally required him to have the poo poo beaten out of him so he could get used to his opponent's style.

I don't think he's gonna last long.

This is actually why I'm interested in Jun vs Muteba. Pro-wrestling pride forcing you to soak up all your opponent's attacks might not be the best plan against a guy who is actually trying to destroy your body's ability to function rather than fight you. It worked against Sumo Lad because Sumo Lad was trying to prove a point about his personal style of martial art rather than trying to simply murder Jun from the get go.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 23, 2017

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Jun proves that Muteba isn't the only one who can fight dirty when he slams a steel chair that was lying around the arena against the back of Muteba's head, killing him instantly. Jun kills himself immediately after the match for disgracing pro wrestling by using the forbidden technique.

I think Canada beats Gaolang, but Gaolang doesn't seem like your typical round one gimmick jobber either. I'm pretty sure he loses, but definitely not 100% certain. I don't think a lot of people expected Saw Paing to win either, but here we are. It's one of the fights I'm really looking forward to.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bushmeister posted:

They don't call him "Kazzy the Fang-Beater" for nothing you know

He's "Kazzy the Raging Rook" - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-004-Ch-031?id=310800#17

And "Kazzy the Sauna Champ" - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-007-Ch-057-005?id=359458#16

And "Kazzy the Toss Master" - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-009-Ch-068?id=371480

It's only a matter of time before he also becomes "Kazzy the Fang-Beater".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'd let kazzy toss me iykwim

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Kanos posted:

This is actually why I'm interested in Jun vs Muteba. Pro-wrestling pride forcing you to soak up all your opponent's attacks might not be the best plan against a guy who is actually trying to destroy your body's ability to function rather than fight you. It worked against Sumo Lad because Sumo Lad was trying to prove a point about his personal style of martial art rather than trying to simply murder Jun from the get go.

Dirty fighting is a staple of pro-wrestling. I think Jun is going to lose anyway but I think he wrecks on Muteba for a good bit. Our Boy Jun got hurt a lot worse in his first bout than muteba who lose eyes... that he already had lost the use of due to a gunshot wound.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Danberu - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-033?id=396832

It's the Kengan Bodybuilding Annihilation Tournament!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is he... dabbing?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I still can't get over the movie references.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

AtomikKrab posted:

Dirty fighting is a staple of pro-wrestling. I think Jun is going to lose anyway but I think he wrecks on Muteba for a good bit. Our Boy Jun got hurt a lot worse in his first bout than muteba who lose eyes... that he already had lost the use of due to a gunshot wound.

i think jun has a bigger chance of going past, because muteba is more of a one-trick pony at this point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish it was Muteba vs Raian.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Pretty cool chapter, it's up on HnG's site but not kissmanga yet.

Looks like we finally got an idea of what Medicine Man's been up to. He's the one who got the fishery guy and now he got the TDL ceo. They never did confirm that he was the enforcer for Toyo since he kinda just laughed when accused of this, so I'm sticking with my theory that he's working for Nogi.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
lol at Nezu packing himself into that costume.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

http://bato.to/reader#a7a92cff9575ecc7

Chapter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sindai posted:

lol at Nezu packing himself into that costume.

ahhahahahahaha

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, Mikazuchi is so fast that Yoroizuka actually used his inside voice for a moment.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I've had this on my reading list for ages now. Finally caught up and this is me:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Danberu!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Danberu-nan-kiro-moteru/Ch-034?id=397757

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love dumb jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

I called it the moment it happened the first time.