Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Joseance posted:

Ohma realising he wants to win to prove he's the strongest is the biggest reason setsuna won't be in the final

Yeah Setsuna's "rivalry" with him is a poisoned suicide pact and nothing more, so Ohma's come-to-jesus moment in the Raian fight should push him to not really give a poo poo about that anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Joseance posted:

wonder who's going to have taught Ohma the advance. Its not Niko and seems unlikely to be the guy who killed Niko. Assuming this series is purely the tournament I guess that could be the hook for a sequel since it seems unlikely its a fighter in the tournament

it was metsudo since he's the director of a bank and banks are where you get advances from, in conjunction with rino, because hookers also make advances on people

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

New chapter: https://mangadex.org/chapter/460933/1

MARVELOUS SEKI IS MARVELOUS

Aug 24, 2011

i believe in pro wrestling

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This manga is definitely one of the best portrayals of pro wrestling as an actual fictional fighting style. I love how Jun outwardly acts reckless and proud while actually being one of the most deceptive and dirty fighters on the roster.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Marvelous Seki is going to take this tournament if they don't somehow manage to get Sekibayashi back in.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I mean it’s a shame if Marvelous Seki loses but can’t they just replace him with Sekibayashi if he loses? He’s not quite as strong but he is still a formidable fighter.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soylentbits posted:

I mean it’s a shame if Marvelous Seki loses but can’t they just replace him with Sekibayashi if he loses? He’s not quite as strong but he is still a formidable fighter.

If Hell's Deva Marvelous Seki loses this fight, his current employer Gandai will be knocked out of the tournament, so Gandai can't replace him with Hell's Angel Sekibayashi Jun.

However, another company (e.g. someone like Yamashita Trading Co, whose fighter is severely wounded) could hire Sekibayashi. In fact, since Gandai and Togo (Sharktooth Lady) have agreed to an alliance, if Muteba somehow beats Marvelous Seki but is badly wounded in the process, it is entirely possible that Togo might hire Gandai's ex-fighter Sekibayashi.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Marvelous Seki is hosed... hosed! Next chapter Muteba is going to reveal that he could actually see all this time and was just pretending to be blind/eyeless

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

trucutru posted:

Marvelous Seki is hosed... hosed! Next chapter Muteba is going to reveal that he could actually see all this time and was just pretending to be blind/eyeless
This was hinted at the beginning! So I wouldn't be surprised if he rolls his eyeballs forward displaying new beautiful eyes.

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Oct 9, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
that would be extremely dumb but also extremely pro wrestling so it's possible

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
truly there is nothing more dangerous in this manga than having the advantage at the end of a chapter

Aug 24, 2011

seki is going to hold muteba so jun can break a chair on him from behind

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's gonna turn out that Marvelous Seki really is a different person from Sekibayashi Jun as they are twin brothers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
JESUS loving poo poo.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/461269/1

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Before anyone asks, yes the empty dialogue boxes are intentional.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Muteba put on a really loving convincing act, his completely dazed flailing and the empty dialogue boxes did an amazing job of pulling the wool over my eyes.

I thought Jun's throat had been cut at first.

Aug 24, 2011

muteba is going to be really loving surprised any second now

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Jun's been storing a bunch of ketchup packets in his mouth for just this moment

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is the substitution rule that you can swap a fighter once or for only one fight?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Muteba put on a really loving convincing act, his completely dazed flailing and the empty dialogue boxes did an amazing job of pulling the wool over my eyes.

I thought Jun's throat had been cut at first.

Same, I didn't realize it was an ear stab from the raws either. Muteba is just paying back the favor

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, what's this? the marvelous seki is tagging out for fellow wrestler sekibayashi jun!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I don't get it, what happened? Can it be inferred or is it something that'll only be revealed next chapter? I see the ear gouging, then some funky hand movements and almost an eye gouge? And suddenly it's a fatality or something?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You can infer it from this chapter if you look at Muteba's hands in the page he goes for the eye-gouge. Also note the sfx for "Tap" and where it is
But it will get explained next chapter don't worry.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

You can infer it from this chapter if you look at Muteba's hands in the page he goes for the eye-gouge. Also note the sfx for "Tap" and where it is
But it will get explained next chapter don't worry.

drat that's real subtle.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol I still can't see it and only just now did i realise he was gouging with his left hand. its the one hit kill i'm struggling withi

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
:aaa:

Muteba is wearing cochlear ear implants ?!? Did he kill bill Jun? :(

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Muteba would make a good pro wrestler

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sorry Muteba but by going full pro wrestling you're about to hit the glass ceiling.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I feel like the match isn’t over yet. All I can really tell is that Muteba switched from his left hand to his right during that last attack and performed what looks like a slashing move

I thought Seki performed the other eye gouge dodge, that’s more dangerous, but he’s bleeding from his neck

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I thought he got punched in the heart and then coughed up a ton of blood from internal injuries.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Oh eye gouge feint into undefended heart punch? That's certainly plausible

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 9, 2018

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Reverse Dusty Finish incoming, come on Marvelous Seki!!!!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i think there's a reasonable chance muteba is screwed here because he just had to bring up acting

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Alternatively: muteba a does a face turn and secures victory

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Muteba rips off the mask to reveal it was Marvelous Seki the whole time

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like how Seki is probably supposed to be a heel but it's not working out that way because he's too likable. He also almost lost to Kiozan with the first sumo kick, so it seems like his defense doesn't work against things he doesn't see coming. Which would definitely make sense.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I like Muteba, he seems like one of the smarter and more adaptable fighters until now, which is quite surprising due to his ruthless mercenary fucks-a-lot background.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Oct 9, 2018

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Roman Reigns would have killed muteba by this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

trucutru posted:

I like Muteba, he seems like one of the smarter and more adaptable fighters until now, which is quite surprising due to his ruthless mercenary fucks-a-lot background.

Well as a merc; you either think fast on your feet or you're dead

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 9, 2018