Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

As mentioned, the leaked fifth Cure is literally a Ruru situation (where her last name was also her Cure name), I don’t think we need to worry about them trying to pull a fast one on us again here (and as you mentioned the resulting backlash would probably be even worse considering how much focus Laura is already getting in the merchandising)

But yeah, while I imagine she’ll become less selfish over time and start learning what being a queen actually means (though I wouldn’t be surprised if we get an arc later where she temporarily abandons the group after it becomes clear she can no longer use them for her own ends) I really hope Laura’s sassy nature never fully goes away as it’s probably my favorite part of her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

I am posting for the 5,000th time that Regina is the best part of Doki Doki and should have been Ace and I will die angry about this.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

At this point I’d be happy if they brought her back for something that wasn’t just a brief cameo (she hasn’t even spoken since DokiDoki ended). Give us more Bibury while you’re at it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They did a run of Merchandise with Regina, Bibury, Dark Dream, Eas and all a few years back I should of ordered some off as it was really neat so I'd love more of it. Also maybe the Twins could do a manga series on them too!

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Still haven't seen the new season, but I've watched this video enough times to make up the full run time so far.

https://twitter.com/kisekisymphony/status/1368804854710337536?s=19

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

blossommirage posted:

Still haven't seen the new season, but I've watched this video enough times to make up the full run time so far.

https://twitter.com/kisekisymphony/status/1368804854710337536?s=19

Watch Tropical Rouge, it’s really good so far. The show’s on Crunchyroll though fansubs are also available if needed.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Pui Pui Molcar was topical for this thread this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uVpy2q7JFo

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Healin Good movie trailer:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zKcOTyePC5k

I’m starting to wonder whether the Yes 5 crew will actually appear out of uniform in this movie (so far we’ve only seen them in their Cure forms and nothing else)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In other news, there’s a slight chance Bunbee might make a cameo in the Healin Good movie as his voice actor will apparently be playing one of the villains:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1370575044582154245

Also the sea slug doctor from Tropical Rouge is apparently named Numeri:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1370671997651353604

Speaking of which, have they put the villain profiles up on the website yet?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which:

Tropical Rouge 3: That was a fun episode. Laura continues to have absolutely no self-preservation when it comes to keeping her very mermaid existence a secret, almost blabbing in front of the whole class. Yumiri Hanamori did a great job in her debut as Coral, and her stock footage for transforming and finishing is cute (I wasn’t expecting her to be a shield Cure though but it works). The road to introducing the rest of the team begins in earnest now with Papaya/Minori next week.

Edit: Apparently yet another form from the upcoming Healin Good movie has been recently revealed. Meet Kaguya Grace:

Incidentally, does this give Cure Grace the most form changes out of any Precure now (she’s up to 6 counting the recently revealed one)?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 14, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The universe conspires to make Madoka and her incarnations God once again.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

ConanThe3rd posted:

The universe conspires to make Madoka and her incarnations God once again.

You aren't not going to make Aoi Yuki a big deal in her precure debut, right?

I mean the show she was in didn't do much for her, but still.

Also the episode of Tropical Rouge was good and the show still good so that is good. I do broadly enjoy that both Manatsu and Laura have an extremely business casual approach to being superheroes.

Omnicrom fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 14, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Grace going "More like Die-Ruizen, lmao" was more than enough for me.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

You aren't not going to make Aoi Yuki a big deal in her precure debut, right?

I mean the show she was in didn't do much for her, but still.
No no, I Just find it funny how her Magical Girl characters keep getting turned into (or try to, Hibiki being as she is) God.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Grace physically and verbally curb stomping Daruizen in episode 42 alone was enough to endear me to her character.

Also in retrospect I believe she’s now tied with Lovely from Happiness Charge in terms of total forms (6 each)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Really wanting to see one of the movie only Precure forms go for max Kamen Rider movie form crazyness. Come on and give into your desire to make complicated reused designs Toei, you know you want to

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which, Toei just put the first few minutes of the Healin Good movie up on the official YouTube channel:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=MR04vt_MesI

Also we have a voice actor for the next Tropical Rouge general:

https://twitter.com/precurenews01/status/1373141161624281088

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 20, 2021

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Toei again with the blatant Yellow bias in Henshin's again!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I like that Minori uses a slightly different voice in Cure form than she does in her civilian mode (I think the only other Cure to do that was Nozomi from Yes 5). The contrast between her Yayoi-like civilian self and her spinning, dancing Cure self is a lot of fun, and the finishers continue to be great this year. Lots of nice art direction this week too, with the watercolors for the storybook scenes and the sepia tone for Minori's flashback.

Also, Laura continues having no sense of how to hide herself among humans. The new general Numeri was pretty good as well (and she’s voiced by Midnight from MHA)

Next Time: Cure Jupiter Flamingo finally arrives (I already think she’s gonna be one of my favorite Reds)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Mar 21, 2021

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
That bit where they have Minori cast in shadow was great.

Also, first actual time we have any indication Laura has any business being a queen

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Two episodes in to Tropical Rouge, Laura is the best and I enjoy Cure Papaya's poker face in the opening.

Also Laura and Manatsu are very cute together.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I noticed that all the Generals but the shrimp have bags under their eyes.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also, besides Manatsu, big ol superball of ADHD that she is, The Cure's weapons are actually based on their insecurities with Coral's barrier based on her feeling that she couldn't speak her mind and Papaya's whole deal beong based on her hiding her emotions under her glasses.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also based on everything we know about her I think it’s pretty clear to say that Asuka/Flamingo is basically an homage to Sailor Jupiter (which is fine by me honestly). Hell, based on the preview and episode description she’s even going to be introduced in the same way Makoto was (Manatsu runs into some thugs and Asuka saves her).

As for the most recent episode, Minori turning into a papaya for her attack was great and she has her own variant of the Lovely Beam from HaCha. Numeri seems like a fun villain as well.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Additionally, it appears that Bandai has finally learned their lesson and made the Mermaid Pot toy require users to scan QR codes to unlock new content. Which means we likely won’t be getting any more leaks regarding Cure LaMer for a while if at all.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the lengths fans have gone to hack toys before I'm not sure that will stop the leaks at all

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Given the lengths fans have gone to hack toys before I'm not sure that will stop the leaks at all

Neither am I to be perfectly honest, at most it’ll just take a bit longer for somebody to crack it this time. I still give Bandai points for at least making an effort though

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/gummmyshark/status/1373764729945141249

This is amazing and now I see it as the true version of Laura

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That is hilarious and also slightly disturbing why don't they just have actors in wigs and cosplay why are there weird mascot heads for human characters aaaaaaaa

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It makes hiring actors a lot easier since it reduces the requirements for an actor to "fits in the suit", especially since the dialogue is prerecorded. These things are more like attractions than big events and happen all over the place, malls, theme parks, etc.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fair.

Still terrifying, though.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

No more than other mascot characters around the world

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I used to be creeped out by the costumes they use for the Precure live shows but now I’ve kind of gotten used to them (plus as mentioned it likely just makes things easier for all concerned).

Though I have to wonder, why use a doll for Laura? Would a physical mermaid costume be too hard to move in or something?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'd imagine the tail would make it hard to move around easily if it looked okay or else if they changed it so it was to move around in it'd look awful

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

No more than other mascot characters around the world

And I find all mascot costumes terrifying.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also I imagine that is how previous faeries were portrayed. And they did not feel like mixing it up for Laura.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I mean, at this point Laura is the show's mascot character considering the seal hasn't shown up at all. And I'll say it again, I don't even mind.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

I mean, at this point Laura is the show's mascot character considering the seal hasn't shown up at all. And I'll say it again, I don't even mind.

Honestly I’m not even sure why we need the seal at all, Laura is basically performing most of the duties of a traditional Precure fairy already (including first meeting the lead Cure by physically slamming into her)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
... huh. So she did.

That said I'm sympathetic to the stage team here, I'd hate to have been the poor dork who would have to emulate Laura's everything whilst having their legs in a (thick kigurumi, mind you) mermaid tail.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Having watched tropical rouge episode 3, I will amend my earlier statement that Laura and Manatsu are cute together.

Laura, Manatsu, and Sango are all cute together.

Manatsu also has good taste in marine life. Someone needs to tell her about hygiene though; at least three people have used that lipstick already.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Mar 22, 2021