Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
How hard is it to pick up yer own dug's shite? It is not worth £125.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

onoflalks posted:

These people clearly aren't paying enough tax imo

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

onoflalks posted:

And how much can there possibly be in one garden?

e: Why do they keep using Canary Wharf for boardroom establishing shots?

stev fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 22, 2017

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Overwhelmed by picking up shite. Great potential business person there

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Lmao at the photography nonsense

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Lot of dead wood gonna go here imo

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

onoflalks posted:

Elizabeth and Joanna in a subteam together.

*prechecks "I am shouting at my television" on bingo card*
Need to retract this, cus they were actually really good together which surprised me

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Elizabeth making an ethical, pro consumer move. She's gone.

She lives another week! Charles to go please.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

charles out, let's go. been waiting for this

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

nomapple posted:

She lives another week! Charles to go please.

And Anisa, she's been dogshite for the last 2 weeks

Go on Sralan, gies a double

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Why don't I recognise the blonde one? Was she there before today?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Steve2911 posted:

Was just thinking the same thing

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Really, why did Andrew swear? Was he stung by a wasp?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's literally going to get fired for swearing when they got the job anyway.

I miss when the show had proper unbleeped swearing.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

gently caress charles

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

OH WAIT

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

:toot:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Anisa was alright.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Anisa was alright.

She's got more potential than half the remaining group for sure.

Triple firing was still the right call though.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
At this point I am treating the show like some sort of Japanese endurance show where they are seeing what absurd activities they can get these Goobers to do. Still, good on Elizabeth, she is fast becoming my favourite, she handled that gently caress up really well. (Also I love an underdog.)

Rondette fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Nov 23, 2017

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Steve2911 posted:

I'm surprised you don't recognise her because she's been quite good in a few tasks. She feels like the "normal" one that's lined up to win.

I felt a bit sorry for Anisa, she left mostly because she didn't shout to get herself heard.

Nothing's felt as staged to me as the £100 for cleaning up people's gardens stuff. Where the actual gently caress did they get sent where that's a thing and where those sorts of costs were reasonable?

And I wonder if the £45 to £25 bit was actually a windfall for them. If that hadn't happened would those people still have spent shitloads on all their dog tat?

Taear fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 23, 2017

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't think so, no. Like Elizabeth said, it made people trust them a bit more and also have a bit of extra money to spend, pretty clever.

Also, did anyone else clock how they didn't show Alan walking? I reckon he is well doddery now.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Rondette posted:

I don't think so, no. Like Elizabeth said, it made people trust them a bit more and also have a bit of extra money to spend, pretty clever.

Yea, it was a really good "happy accident". Strange that they didn't make a bigger deal of it because they normally do even when it's super obvious that it was just a happy accident.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The editing on the show is super odd sometimes. There are times you think something will be made a massive deal out of, and it's barely mentioned. Then they get all pissy about some totally random thing.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Rondette posted:

The editing on the show is super odd sometimes. There are times you think something will be made a massive deal out of, and it's barely mentioned. Then they get all pissy about some totally random thing.

Yea. I'm especially getting tired of them portraying one team as doing pretty well and the other team being an absolute shambles, then the team that's the shambles wins.
The biggest offender in this series was that football box one. Post-episode the men said there was a great atmosphere in their box but the show made out that Harrison singing was embarassing as hell and it all looked really really awful.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

For the football box they were literally just there for a private room and alcohol so it was probably pretty difficult to wrangle a disaster out of it.

I know it can't happen but I'd really prefer a series where the candidates are just competent and genuinely seeing who can do their best in difficult tasks. Not picking up goose poo poo.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Taear posted:

And I wonder if the £45 to £25 bit was actually a windfall for them. If that hadn't happened would those people still have spent shitloads on all their dog tat?
In previous tasks, candidates getting more money for tickets/etc have been congratulated for their salesmanship. This time, it was a "critical error".

Everything about this series has felt a lot more false and arbitrary.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Elizabeth is like the kid at school who's got no friends and gets picked on, so you feel sorry for them and hang out with them for a bit only to find that no one likes them because they're incredibly annoying.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Khablam posted:

In previous tasks, candidates getting more money for tickets/etc have been congratulated for their salesmanship. This time, it was a "critical error".

Everything about this series has felt a lot more false and arbitrary.

To be fair it's always like that. If it does well then he thinks it's the best idea ever and if it does badly then what were they thinking when they did that?

I wonder if they were told they'd have the pawsecco and etc beforehand? I can't see them knowing where to get that stuff themselves, it must cost quite a bit to actually buy in the first place as well. And if they didn't know beforehand then it's a bit unfair. The spa means the owners aren't around to persuade to sell stuff to and if they'd known that ahead of time I bet they'd both have wanted to do the training.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Taear posted:

To be fair it's always like that. If it does well then he thinks it's the best idea ever and if it does badly then what were they thinking when they did that?

I wonder if they were told they'd have the pawsecco and etc beforehand? I can't see them knowing where to get that stuff themselves, it must cost quite a bit to actually buy in the first place as well. And if they didn't know beforehand then it's a bit unfair. The spa means the owners aren't around to persuade to sell stuff to and if they'd known that ahead of time I bet they'd both have wanted to do the training.

Yes but it only "went bad" because the show decided it had "gone bad". Clearly everyone on every task they interact with has to agree to be part of the show, in particular anyone actually going to anything these clowns organise. They'll all speak to one another on any given task and conclude some people paid £50 for their tour, and others paid £15. They've never shown the public actually complain about this before.
This time, it was a point of friction.

I don't really care that 90% of what happens on a task not being shown / being cleaned for TV but you can usually just ignore the production of the show. When they have people complaining about something that's almost certainly producer-controlled, in reality, caring about anything you're actually shown becomes harder.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Khablam posted:

Yes but it only "went bad" because the show decided it had "gone bad". Clearly everyone on every task they interact with has to agree to be part of the show, in particular anyone actually going to anything these clowns organise. They'll all speak to one another on any given task and conclude some people paid £50 for their tour, and others paid £15. They've never shown the public actually complain about this before.
This time, it was a point of friction.

I don't really care that 90% of what happens on a task not being shown / being cleaned for TV but you can usually just ignore the production of the show. When they have people complaining about something that's almost certainly producer-controlled, in reality, caring about anything you're actually shown becomes harder.

They're obviously bound by NDAs and anything they said on the show or Your Fired wouldn't get aired, but it'd be nice if the candidates just outright said 'I got fired for an arbitrary reason manufactured by the format of this poo poo show'. Obviously L'Sugar would have a go about them being desperate to shift the blame for their failures etc but it feels weird when people praise the show when they've been hosed by it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Good to see Lord Sugar getting rid of poo poo contestants only problem is the rest are garbage too.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Still can't get over people answering their front door and agreeing to pay 150 odd quid to someone in a polo shirt to pick up some dog poo poo from their garden. Must be shockingly easy to mug people off in that London

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's got to be a Judge Judy kinda thing where they decide a price and the show pays for it.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I know its been leaked before that most tasks are shot over 3-4 days, not seemingly one or two, due to the realities of filming what they're doing.
A friend of mine did work experience for the BBC, and a good chunk of what they were doing whilst she was there was contacting businesses to get clearance for contestants (not The Apprentice, though the mechanisms must be similar) to be filmed on location. That was done weeks ahead of the show being filmed.
BBC points West 'popped' into a store I worked in years ago, and that was also arranged weeks before, cleared through corporate, and multiple things in the store were altered to appear on the show.

I assume The Apprentice needs a lot of similar work to happen. At a guess, they'd have put up posters or similar in the area ahead of time and got people to contact them to appear on the show.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

crispix posted:

Still can't get over people answering their front door and agreeing to pay 150 odd quid to someone in a polo shirt to pick up some dog poo poo from their garden. Must be shockingly easy to mug people off in that London

It looked like a really well off area. And in London that must mean really well off. It wasn't somewhere random.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Taear posted:

It looked like a really well off area. And in London that must mean really well off. It wasn't somewhere random.

There's nowhere where the going rate for picking up rubbish is a net £200 per hour.

Recipe kits tonight - lets see whose budget is an order of magnitude off.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm on Dodderwatch with Alan tonight.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hope one of these teams advertises on a podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Elizabeth always gets the wonky music

• Locked thread