Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

"i hate capitalism so much i want the world's richest company to get more money" say 5 yosposters in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Beamed posted:

what the hell are you people talking about? the company wants to spend $6k giving me garbage? gently caress that i'll take actually good poo poo instead. fine i'll figure out a way to make it $6k instead.

if you guys think apple scamming apple fans is worth scamming companies too i guess that makes more sense anyway

They're actual braindead morons man. ALl they want to do in here is pose as Knowers of Good Opinions.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

you know apple is putting out something good when people start actually, genuinely melting down about how "bad" and expensive it is

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Last Chance posted:

you know apple is putting out something good when people start actually, genuinely melting down about how "bad" and expensive it is

you paying for the $1k monitor stand outta pocket i take it

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Last Chance posted:

you have a brain disease that compells you to turn every single thing you type into a defence of apple.

(a poster says a thing is bad)
This guy getting mad is a sign Apple is doing the Right Thing

(The media and accessibility bloggers react negatively to Apple's new WIndows 8 Style UI toolkit)
Hmmm usually when people write about things it's a Sign Apple Is DOing The Right thing

(It's raining outside)
WOw! Thanks apple!

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Beamed posted:

He defended the trashcan mac by saying he'll buy one. He is beyond hope and shouldnt' be allowed around computers

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

hmm, maybe the person losing their marbles in this thread is right... perhaps i should listen to them .

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Last Chance posted:

hmm, maybe the person losing their marbles in this thread is right... perhaps i should listen to them .

I don't believe calling you a moron (correctly) sometimes is as worrying behavior as you defending apple in every thread of this lovely forum in the most boring product cultist way for years on end.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
the rdf is strong here

for the record i don't give a poo poo about the new mac pro

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

Lain Iwakura posted:

the rdf is strong here

for the record i don't give a poo poo about the new mac pro

/me notes in the record that Lain Iwakura doesn't care about the mac pro

shut the hell up lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pram
Jun 10, 2001
actual psychotic breakdown happening in realtime

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, that was a hell of a wwdc

oh, you meant that guy

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah, please stay safe amethyst

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
i only get mad about all computers because acab

all computers are bad

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

finally the ipad supports the best accessory tim apple has ever made

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

i would honestly probably buy an imac g3 if i stumbled into one nowadays. they're just so pretty and iconic. im a sucker

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I love Apple and I will buy everything they make now that blue stymie isn’t here to stop me.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
if i ever find an old pismo on the cheap i'll probably buy it so i can work with my old macs a bit easier

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Lain Iwakura posted:

if i ever find an old pismo on the cheap i'll probably buy it so i can work with my old macs a bit easier

hi i have one available right now, 400mhz. Needs a display replacement but I have the spare right here I just haven't installed it.

100 bux and shipping for you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ted hitler posted:

finally the ipad supports the best accessory tim apple has ever made

not an ipod sock (not supported by ipad) voted 1

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
disappointed that the monitor cant do 100hz

i guess the pro display isnt pro enough for proMotion

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

SRQ posted:

hi i have one available right now, 400mhz. Needs a display replacement but I have the spare right here I just haven't installed it.

100 bux and shipping for you.

really appreciate the offer but i guess i should make a note that right now is a bad time since i have some medical challenges in the way and am trying to avoid having one shipped to me, but thank you!

unless you're in metro vancouver then that is a whole different story!

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Lain Iwakura posted:

really appreciate the offer but i guess i should make a note that right now is a bad time since i have some medical challenges in the way and am trying to avoid having one shipped to me, but thank you!

unless you're in metro vancouver then that is a whole different story!

I'm in Edmonton, so that might not be that much shipping.
I'll make it 50 if you install the replacement display yourself.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

SRQ posted:

I'm in Edmonton, so that might not be that much shipping.
I'll make it 50 if you install the replacement display yourself.

mind if i get back to you next month? :D i'm dealing with a lot on my plate but i am super interested

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Lain Iwakura posted:

mind if i get back to you next month? :D i'm dealing with a lot on my plate but i am super interested

okie dokies, i'll just it aside for now.
It's been aside for four months it can wait another lol

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

SRQ posted:

okie dokies, i'll just it aside for now.
It's been aside for four months it can wait another lol

yeah. i'm literally going to be in a hospital bed midway this month and won't be super eager to deal with a package due to my lack of energy, etc but i have been looking for this for a while and am not adverse at all to doing a screen replacement

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Beamed posted:

i would honestly probably buy an imac g3 if i stumbled into one nowadays. they're just so pretty and iconic. im a sucker

there are two 600mhz snow ones at excess, i think they want 50 each

seems like too much to me, but thats pretty fast for a G3

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
there’s also an iMac G4 on SF Bay Craigslist for cheap

and someone has been trying to get rid of an eMac (calling it an “Apple eMachine”)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

eschaton posted:

there’s also an iMac G4 on SF Bay Craigslist for cheap

and someone has been trying to get rid of an eMac (calling it an “Apple eMachine”)

excess has an emac too, but its a first gen (so 700mhz)

theyre ok but the g4 imac would be way cooler

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
excess also has a pair of gorgeous Nicolet 4094 & 4094A scopes

the Nicolet 4094A is a digital storage scope from the 1980s that uses the wacky TI 9900 microprocessor

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

eschaton posted:

excess also has a pair of gorgeous Nicolet 4094 & 4094A scopes

the Nicolet 4094A is a digital storage scope from the 1980s that uses the wacky TI 9900 microprocessor

thats cool as hell; i didnt know dsos were a thing that far back. definitely above my impulse buy threshold tho

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

what if... it was half off?

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Beamed posted:

I bought an old imac because I am also a sucker, but the flyback transformer is arcing so it's clearly on its last legs and I'm not sure if I'm able to swap in a new flyback from ebay without blowing something up. :(

It sounds like the flyback starts arcing on almost all of the CRT iMacs when they get older so don't get one unless you're willing to take it apart and fiddle with high voltage guts

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Beamed posted:

i bought a vesa mount for my regular poor person screen and it was a whopping needs suiting €20.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
my lovely 2017 mbp update they claim to have fixed the bug where the fingerprint scanner on the new keyboard woudlnt work and are shipping it bakc. i am 100% certain they are gonna somehow send it back with a UK keyboard instead of a SU keyboard again.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the new pro is a legit joke and not worth the money by any standard, but it is still somehow less of a joke than the trashcan pro because its thermal solution might actually work

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Boiled Water posted:

i bought a vesa mount for my regular poor person screen and it was a whopping needs suiting €20.

lol that vesa mount must be a piece of poo poo. i wouldnt buy anything below 150 just to feel safe

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

poty posted:

lol that vesa mount must be a piece of poo poo. i wouldnt buy anything below 150 just to feel safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_NRcy5mxU

I bet the screws are made of butter on this one too

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

poty posted:

Imagine thinking you need to pay 150 for a small piece of metal that costs almost nothing to produce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
imagine being lambert. insanely hosed up