Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I think it's relatively common for widowers to remarry kinda quick. They liked being married and they got one woman to stick with them for a while so they clearly aren't a dick.

Source: My granddad got remarried like 2 years after my grandmother died (breast cancer, before people start throwing random, completely unfounded, accusations at my granddad).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah it was a freak accident caused by her meds interacting with an unknown heart disorder, there’s no way he could have murdered her unless he somehow knew about a medical condition that she had but was somehow unaware of.

I looked all this poo poo up because I thought he got remarried like super quickly and was like “hey that’s weird” but yeah I really really don’t think there’s anything to suggest it, it’s just a mean meme, I think.

I mostly said it as an off-handed joke and referral to an old thread of mine: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837017&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

However, per the documentary series that HBO did, in which Patton helped star, he talks her mixing stuff like Xanax and alcohol and other meds. It lends itself to the "true crime" perfect murder idea or whatever. "It was the perfect crime!" sort of thing.

And Michelle Macnamara absolutely would have been some level of famous as the amateur person who helped to solve Golden State Killer mystery.

But yeah, I'm not gonna say that in front of him or his family or anything. Just a small possibility that does exist in my mind.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Boywhiz88 posted:

I mostly said it as an off-handed joke and referral to an old thread of mine: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837017&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Can you see how that joke might not seem all that funny in a thread about real abusers and rapists?

Not to mention you follow saying "it's a joke bro" with "but there's a small possibility in my mind". You're not joking, you're just being a weird rear end in a top hat about a famous guy you don't know.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Boywhiz88 posted:

Just a small possibility that does exist in my mind.

And that's exactly where it should stay.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I love the "jealousy of her inevitable rise to true crime fame." Name a true crime author off the top of your head without looking it up, you can't.

Truman Capote doesn't count.

Ann Rule

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The "Patton Oswalt killed his wife" thing was literally started by manchildren upset that Patton defended the new Ghostbusters movie, and just Patton's occasionally milquetoast neoliberal takes in-general. It was cruel and stupid then and it still is now. I like Patton Oswalt even if I don't always 100 percent agree with him, but even if I hated him he doesn't deserve that weird poo poo being tossed around.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I've never seen that take anywhere except these forums and it's always because "but he moved on so fast!"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Len posted:

I've never seen that take anywhere except these forums and it's always because "but he moved on so fast!"

He got married a year and a half later, we don't know how anyone handles their own grief, and he was also handling being a single dad out of nowhere. gently caress anyone who honestly has that opinion.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Patton himself once explained that it was partly because Meredith was a huge source of support in coming to terms with Michelle’s sudden death and his (then 7-year-old) daughter immediately took to her as a mother figure.

Not that he needed to justify his personal life choices to the internet in the first place, but it wasn’t as cut and dry as people made it out to be.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Patton himself once explained that it was partly because Meredith was a huge source of support in coming to terms with Michelle’s sudden death and his (then 7-year-old) daughter immediately took to her as a mother figure.

Not that he needed to justify his personal life choices to the internet in the first place, but it wasn’t as cut and dry as people made it out to be.

That's what I meant. He was dealing with an awful lot, it's not like it was a month later, and it's none of our business, as long as there is no evidence of wrongdoing, which there absolutely is not.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I don't know why we're even giving this bullshit Oswalt thing the time of day, especially when this isn't the first time Boywhiz has posted nuclear hot takes to troll threads.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I don't know why we're even giving this bullshit Oswalt thing the time of day, especially when this isn't the first time Boywhiz has posted nuclear hot takes to troll threads.

I guess I don't know who Boywhiz is. Their comment just really threw me and pissed me off, I guess.

I'll back away.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

I guess I don't know who Boywhiz is. Their comment just really threw me and pissed me off, I guess.

I'll back away.

I mean, do be pissed off.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I mean, do be pissed off.

Oh, don't worry, I will be. I'll just stop posting about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s a bad forums meme. You see it in GBS whenever someone brings up Patton

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah Ann Rule is the go-to.

Boywhiz88 posted:

And Michelle Macnamara absolutely would have been some level of famous as the amateur person who helped to solve Golden State Killer mystery.

She didn't come close to solving it so this is weird on top of everything else.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I want to apologize for earlier. It was inappropriate and I hosed up. I’ve even asked people to maybe watch their jokes in this thread, and I should have known better. I’m sorry.

Groovelord Neato posted:

She didn't come close to solving it so this is weird on top of everything else.

It was my understanding of the coverage around the time of her death, and through the HBO documentary “I’ll Be Gone in the Night” that Michelle played a big part in helping get the dots connected amongst the different stages of EAR/ONS.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Boywhiz88 posted:

I want to apologize for earlier. It was inappropriate and I hosed up. I’ve even asked people to maybe watch their jokes in this thread, and I should have known better. I’m sorry.

It was my understanding of the coverage around the time of her death, and through the HBO documentary “I’ll Be Gone in the Night” that Michelle played a big part in helping get the dots connected amongst the different stages of EAR/ONS.

The book got more famous than it probably would have otherwise because of her tragic death, and caused CHiPs to check DNA against poo poo submitted to a "find your ancestors" website. And then they caught him.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

Boywhiz88 posted:

Sexual Assault and the Culture of Hollywood: It was inappropriate and I hosed up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In order for the thread to complete its cycle, we’re gonna need a bunch of posts about how Boywhiz’s apology felt empty and forced

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Skwirl posted:

The book got more famous than it probably would have otherwise because of her tragic death, and caused CHiPs to check DNA against poo poo submitted to a "find your ancestors" website. And then they caught him.

Apparently Michelle was the one who suggested to Paul Holes (the former Contra Costa County Sheriff's investigator and Chief of Forensics for CCC) to send the GSK's DNA to genealogy websites like 23 and me to see if his DNA matched up to relatives, so while she didn't directly solve the case, she suggested the one thing that lead to the GSK's arrest. Granted, that's probably gonna be the only use of sending DNA to genealogy sites because it opened up a huge can of worms regarding ethics, privacy, and the chain of custody.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

VoodooXT posted:

Apparently Michelle was the one who suggested to Paul Holes (the former Contra Costa County Sheriff's investigator and Chief of Forensics for CCC) to send the GSK's DNA to genealogy websites like 23 and me to see if his DNA matched up to relatives, so while she didn't directly solve the case, she suggested the one thing that lead to the GSK's arrest. Granted, that's probably gonna be the only use of sending DNA to genealogy sites because it opened up a huge can of worms regarding ethics, privacy, and the chain of custody.

Oh no, they're gonna keep using it and I can't wait until I get arrested for protesting police violence and the entire case against me is DNA found at the scene and my cousin decided to find out who much of our family was welsh.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!

Skwirl posted:

Oh no, they're gonna keep using it and I can't wait until I get arrested for protesting police violence and the entire case against me is DNA found at the scene and my cousin decided to find out who much of our family was welsh.

lol you’re not important enough for that :allears:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

VoodooXT posted:

lol you’re not important enough for that :allears:

I don't think I'm important enough, but the cops will absolutely use this technology to find, harass and arrest protestors.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Skwirl posted:

I don't think I'm important enough, but the cops will absolutely use this technology to find, harass and arrest protestors.

And don't forget murder too. I'm sorry, commit suicide by two gunshots to the back of head while in a burning vehicle coated in accelerants.

Pachylad
Jul 12, 2017

So remember James Charles being accused back in 2018 of predatory behaviour by Tati Westbrook, only for Westbrook to later confess she was coerced into constructing this false narrative to hurt his reputation?

Well... turns out there's legitimate evidence of him actually doing predatory behaviour:

https://www.vulture.com/2021/04/james-charles-allegations-controversies-timeline.html

Way too many twists in the James Charles saga :stare:

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Oh my god I hate that article, you have to wade through months and months of "he made a catty comment about something" and I don't understand why they're putting all that trivial garbage next to actual genuine issues.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

enki42 posted:

Oh my god I hate that article, you have to wade through months and months of "he made a catty comment about something" and I don't understand why they're putting all that trivial garbage next to actual genuine issues.

I mean, the site is literally called Vulture.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

VoodooXT posted:

At least it made a tiny fraction of people more aware that part of the agreement in sending DNA to those sites includes giving them sole intellectual property rights to your DNA sequencing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

enki42 posted:

quote:

September 2017

Charles found himself in more drama after he tweeted that the movie It was “awful.” This comment caused a frenzy of backlash, and a stubborn Charles refused to back down against the hate.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
He's guilty of jaywalking, littering and murder!

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

enki42 posted:

You're not going to like the answer, but the reality is that for a good chunk of people "genuine issues" are really just "juicy drama." Especially when those people are journalists. Same is true for political discourse, or sports discourse, or business discourse, etc. What matters is the narrative and drama, not the actual results or people who may be helped or hurt along the way.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

sethsez posted:

I mean, the site is literally called Vulture.

That's an insult to actual vultures, who do a valuable service by eating carrion.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pachylad posted:

So remember James Charles being accused back in 2018 of predatory behaviour by Tati Westbrook, only for Westbrook to later confess she was coerced into constructing this false narrative to hurt his reputation?

Well... turns out there's legitimate evidence of him actually doing predatory behaviour:

https://www.vulture.com/2021/04/james-charles-allegations-controversies-timeline.html

Way too many twists in the James Charles saga :stare:

Tl:dr

Everything up to 2021 was a bunch of dumb clout chasing, social media drama.

2021: oh btw he's preying on underage boys, with receipts of him being sexually explicit in DMs after someone told him they were underage. Grooming mentioned a lot, he recently went to the mat for two other men accused of the same.

Really gross they just chuck that at the end if the timeline like its somehow carrying the same weight as his vitamin company sponsorship feud.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/benmekler/status/1378352034441654272?s=20

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wtf

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

And this is after they decided to cut a scene involving Pepe Le Pew learning about consent. So apparently that’s bad but adding a bunch of actual rapists to your crowd scene is fine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

they are gonna sonic the gently caress out of them aren't they

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
By that I choose to believe Sonic will say 'And that's noooo good!' while waving his finger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I guess Eyes Wide Shut would be the more realistic approach they will choose