Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Is there some trick to loading premium cylinders in a shop? Have long rested in torigoth 30+ times and no premium cylinders showed up. Have A rank salvaging and am in the post game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

PJOmega posted:

Is there some trick to loading premium cylinders in a shop? Have long rested in torigoth 30+ times and no premium cylinders showed up. Have A rank salvaging and am in the post game

Do you have max dev rank in Torigoth? I have all sorts of loving questions about this game and one of them is if Short Resting at an inn functions the same way as long resting where it changes weather, or if long resting changes shop stock st all or just weather/cloud level. All I know for sure is fast traveling between continents will definitely work (eventually).

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So in all my time playing, I haven't gotten any other rare blades that use the Chakrams. Is Dromarch the only one that does? He's kind of weird in general since Nia is the only Driver without a unique weapon.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Do you have max dev rank in Torigoth? I have all sorts of loving questions about this game and one of them is if Short Resting at an inn functions the same way as long resting where it changes weather, or if long resting changes shop stock st all or just weather/cloud level. All I know for sure is fast traveling between continents will definitely work (eventually).

All Dev levels have been maxed for awhile. I have been doing long rests, I'll try short rests instead.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

PJOmega posted:

All Dev levels have been maxed for awhile. I have been doing long rests, I'll try short rests instead.

Update

5 short rests later and I'm 2.5 million poorer.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Is there some special element that looks exactly like Earth but isn't Earth? Several times I've found Art Combos that very clearly show an earth finisher and even though I have two earth blades in my party, neither one will show as able to do the third combo to finish it off despite the fact that they can do it with some other combos. It makes no sense and is driving me nuts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PJOmega posted:

Update

5 short rests later and I'm 2.5 million poorer.

Glad you got it to work but I just wanted to confirm for anyone else wondering that long rests also work, as that's what I did.

Not sure why you'd long rest when you can short, though. When I looked it up short resting wasn't "confirmed."

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

IcePhoenix posted:

That's incredibly inaccurate

Yeah, it's Megaman X Mythra/Pyra :colbert:

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It boggles my mind how I managed to beat both the 118 and 130 superbosses but the Relentless Arduran one-shots my party with his smelly breath

Poison Breath is why I've only beaten the Behemoth UM in Temperantia once as well. People say it's front-only but I've been killed by it when in the flank/rear spots multiple times.

ajkalan posted:

Minor final boss spoiler (heh): the summoned monsters had drops. Why does anything past the point of no return have drops.

Because the game saves after you beat it, so you keep the xp/drops from the fight. :eng101:

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

You'd think Rex wouldn't have the same wild-rear end animations as Five does for his main weapon, but he basically does. I went through most of the game with +hp tanks on Four who's supposed to be an evasion tank, so it's not a huge deal, but I've managed to pump one of my characters up to 700 luck using stat-boosting blades so I can pretend like I'm gonna get better core pulls. Only five rare blades left...

Rex having the same animations wouldn't be so bad if he had the same voicelines as 5 to go with the moves. Although to be fair his voice actor literally reads "Aiiiiiyah" phonetically so maybe we dodged a bullet not hearing him yell OVERLOAD THUNDERBEAAAM 20x a fight.

Also if you're postgame (ie: lvl 99), go get the two accessories that get you to 999 luck considering you already have the hard part done (3x luck mod blades). Not that it matters since I've gone through a good 40 legendary cores at 999 luck and full boosters with only one rare to show for it. Got a shitload of 4 star commons though.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Glad you got it to work but I just wanted to confirm for anyone else wondering that long rests also work, as that's what I did.

Not sure why you'd long rest when you can short, though. When I looked it up short resting wasn't "confirmed."

My logic was that long rest reloads the whole map.

Rare Blade Update

7 more Legendary cores (50+ total since last rare) on #5 with 636 luck. All of them 5x Justice Booster to get Justice level 14. Pulled Zenobia.

Still need Kos and Dahlia.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I have a 16/16/20% luck mod blade equipped, a 31% luck boost accessory, and a +27 luck accessory and I'm at 732 luck.

How do you get #5 to 999 luck?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

PJOmega posted:

I have a 16/16/20% luck mod blade equipped, a 31% luck boost accessory, and a +27 luck accessory and I'm at 732 luck.

How do you get #5 to 999 luck?

Buckle up this is some goofy poo poo. You need your luck mod blades to have either a bitball, a spear, or knuckles, then you need to use a specific weapon chip on them that gives them +50 luck

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Buckle up this is some goofy poo poo. You need your luck mod blades to have either a bitball, a spear, or knuckles, then you need to use a specific weapon chip on them that gives them +50 luck

Ah thank you. Looks like I'm in luck :rimshot:, simply need to find amethyst chips for the bitball as I had the magnet chips for the other 2.

It feels like I spend more time on wikis then I do actually playing, and way more time rolling cores/force feeding noponponchos than I do rolling cores.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got some +50 luck weapons early on, used a {20% luck accessory and a +25 luck accessory on 4 then got Percival and a bunch of healers then overdrived over Finch and now I will never switch the blades on that character

Should I overdrive Ursula to Nia? Seems like a good idea

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got some +50 luck weapons early on, used a {20% luck accessory and a +25 luck accessory on 4 then got Percival and a bunch of healers then overdrived over Finch and now I will never switch the blades on that character

Should I overdrive Ursula to Nia? Seems like a good idea

her really great schtick is the instant shot of healing you get when switching to her, so she's best on the character you plan on controlling personally imo

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

PJOmega posted:

It feels like I spend more time on wikis then I do actually playing, and way more time rolling cores/force feeding noponponchos than I do rolling cores.

I definitely feel like I'm in the menus more than I'm actually playing.
If they cut out the voice clips from every single thing you do with blades I wonder how much time it'd save? Trying to raise Dahlia's affinity with items is a real pain because her voice clip is super long.

I got 5 up to 400 luck. I had 13 blades left to get from the cores and after only 5 cores now I only have 11 left. Hurrah.
I very much wish the game gave me some indication of what's made the difference but there's not much you can do about that.

I've finally done the three step quest that begins with a merc mission smuggling a Scholar into Uraya from Mor Ardain. It's three enormous quests and the final reward in Argentum didn't feel worth the time at all!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Taear posted:

I definitely feel like I'm in the menus more than I'm actually playing.
If they cut out the voice clips from every single thing you do with blades I wonder how much time it'd save? Trying to raise Dahlia's affinity with items is a real pain because her voice clip is super long.

All items raise affinity by an amount determined by the item. I believe a blade's preferences only matter for the combat effect's effectiveness.

For instance Noponponchos from Fonsett increase trust by 21 for every currently equipped blade per time you shove one into a character's pouch. That means ~20 Noponponchos will max out common blades trust charts.

Yes, this is a dumb system. Yes it is honestly insane that you need a chart compiled by the internet or to memorize trust numbers that are only accessible 3+ menus away from the pouch menu to see what the changes are.

Welcome to XB2, a game which will likely produce at least a few interesting Master's in game design papers of what not to do.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

PJOmega posted:

All items raise affinity by an amount determined by the item. I believe a blade's preferences only matter for the combat effect's effectiveness.

I know, but her voice clip is 10 seconds long. Maybe 15? And then sometimes another blade speaks after her as well.
It's just a loving pain. It makes it take tonnes longer than it should do.

And when level 5 is 9000 affinity following on from about 3000 it's just not worth the time.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Taear posted:

I know, but her voice clip is 10 seconds long. Maybe 15? And then sometimes another blade speaks after her as well.
It's just a loving pain. It makes it take tonnes longer than it should do.

And when level 5 is 9000 affinity following on from about 3000 it's just not worth the time.

Don't give them their favorite items. Their favorite items do not increase their trust any faster and take forever to give.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Dirk the Average posted:

Don't give them their favorite items. Their favorite items do not increase their trust any faster and take forever to give.

But you get voice clips from at least one blade unless you're lucky enough to get one that not one (not even your driver!) likes! That's what I mean.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Taear posted:

But you get voice clips from at least one blade unless you're lucky enough to get one that not one (not even your driver!) likes! That's what I mean.

Usually there's at least one item they all won't like. I had good success going to Leftheria and buying one each of the different types of foods (veggie, stable, meat, etc.) and trying them until one went through with no voice clips. Then I just bought as many as I could at a time and shoved them into the pouch.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Reiterpallasch posted:

her really great schtick is the instant shot of healing you get when switching to her, so she's best on the character you plan on controlling personally imo

Ah cool, I will never control the healer in my life so I will not do that. I think she's on 4 right now which I control a lot so seems good if I want to try

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Taear posted:

It's mathematically impossible to be unable to spam something. The first favorite slot is always a food item, the second is always a leisure item. There are five kinds of each and four people (including the driver) who get the item. Even if you don't know which one it is it will take like a minute at most to figure out which one is right for your current group.

I guess one of them could have an "off brand" favorite specific item to mess it up but that's an incredibly fringe case.

e: out of curiosity I went after that named T-Rex that I had mentioned earlier in the thread last night and found out the true power of a full burst combo for myself (I had never really done one before when the enemy had any appreciable amount of health remaining going into the chain attack). Good lord.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 9, 2018

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
My first full burst was against the monster you need to fight in the last leg of I wanna say the Poppi QT quest. Here I am fighting this giant snake on top of a building being held up by a goofy balloon Titan when all of a sudden Zeke just starts pummeling the ever living poo poo out of it so hard and I had no idea why since the tutorial was hours and hours earlier

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man that "I LOVE YOU" at the end of that underground shitdungeon comes out of nowhere but what made me laugh is the subtle friendzone putdown right after.

Kind of feel bad for Nia though, like where the gently caress does this even come from.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's one of those perception things I realize, talking to people that played with dubs and subs. People that got confused or thought it was weird thought Nia was much older when she's actually just as immature and naive as Rex, but voices are everything.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Tae posted:

It's one of those perception things I realize, talking to people that played with dubs and subs. People that got confused or thought it was weird thought Nia was much older when she's actually just as immature and naive as Rex, but voices are everything.

They're pretty clear at the start that Nia's a kid. I never thought otherwise. She's just a welsh kid instead of one from Bolton.

Chapter 7 spoilers.
It's still a totally out of nowhere reveal. Although the game does a reasonable job of giving the impression that there's a lot of character bonding behind the scenes. I guess that we miss out on what makes Nia decide what she does.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Dagas's 120% damage and AOE at max affinity bonus applies to the whole party when he's currently out.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Is the whole soundtrack available for download/purchase anywhere yet? It's nice having the 13 tracks from the limited edition disc but I need the whole thing. The soundtrack's slowing growing on me and I already adore XC1's whole soundtrack.

e: also is there anything specific with regard to Beast Core? Best to save it, use it right away?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Louisgod posted:

e: also is there anything specific with regard to Beast Core? Best to save it, use it right away?

Beast core is a pretty strong earth lance with some nice field skills. It's okay to use him on Rex right away. However, Rex prefers axes over lances to go with this two guaranteed story attacker blades, because axes have launch and his story blades have topple and smash. If Rex already has a decent axe, you should consider saving the Beast Core for the fifth party member.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Man, the drop rate for Tiger Tiger's Stage 5-specific stuff is really loving low. I've finished it probably 30+ times and gotten just 2 of the items (though fortunately they were both good items I wanted - Light Core and Master Evasion Mod; it would suck to finally get a drop and have it be an Master Ether Core or something).

Also, I tried playing as Tora after buffing up my Poppi a bunch, and was struggling at first to figure out how to cancel the arts of Poppi a and QT (QTpi isn't as hard since her weapon is a sword). I ended up figuring out that, for both of them, you can just mash the button of the next art and it will end up cancelling out of the previous one.

Regarding shield block skills, should you only use them when the enemy is using some sort of strong skill? It seems like it's pointless otherwise, since it stops you from dealing damage (and thus building aggro).

Also, regarding Poppi QT, I saw someone earlier in the thread mention building her a certain way because she's mainly intended to serve as a transition between the other two. What was that about? I can't find the post.

One more question - do "evade when using arts" skills only apply to that one art, or do they have a duration after being used where you evade when using other arts? If the latter, it seems like those "increase duration of blade arts" aux cores might actually be good. I have the same question regarding "Annuls defense" arts.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wasn't really that surprised by Nia's confession :shrug:

maybe it's because I use the good (English) VAs

It may also be because I am entirely too familiar with anime so I noticed things that others didn't

Rex made the right choice though imo

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Zoran posted:

Beast core is a pretty strong earth lance with some nice field skills. It's okay to use him on Rex right away. However, Rex prefers axes over lances to go with this two guaranteed story attacker blades, because axes have launch and his story blades have topple and smash. If Rex already has a decent axe, you should consider saving the Beast Core for the fifth party member.

What's the sequence for Smash? Break > Topple > Launch > Smash..?

Also, what's the first letter of the 5th character's name? I'll wait to use it on them but want to know who that is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Louisgod posted:

Also, what's the first letter of the 5th character's name? I'll wait to use it on them but want to know who that is.

If you have the beast core you've met the fifth character.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Louisgod posted:

____ Z ____

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Yes, that's the sequence. It's useful to have the last three on the player-controlled character because the AI is pretty consistent at applying Break regularly but isn’t as good at coordinating the final three stages.

The fifth character's name starts with —Z—.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I used it on Rex. The blade you get from it has Superstrength and Earth Mastery and it's good to get those skills up quickly because they're useful in absolutely loads of skill checks.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I wasn't really that surprised by Nia's confession :shrug:

maybe it's because I use the good (English) VAs

It may also be because I am entirely too familiar with anime so I noticed things that others didn't

Rex made the right choice though imo

Do you think it was an actual admission of love and Rex friendzoned her? I interpreted it as her meaning platonic love, like Rex more explicitly says.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I didn't know what was in the Beast Core so I used it on Nia :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

IcePhoenix posted:

If you have the beast core you've met the fifth character.

Cool, I've met them but they're not in my party yet. I'll save it for them as I have a pretty decent set up on Rex already.

e: going to my other point, is the OST available anywhere for download/purchase yet?