Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Yeah, as I said, you guys should probably vote me dead so this doesn’t spill over to the next day. Still not gonna self-vote unless we get to dayend and no one else is doing anything.

The case makes sense as it stands, even if it happens to be wrong because this oversharing of my reasoning and evaluation is just how I play in general; it’s gotten me firm townreads on other sites, and obviously some real suspicion on this one, so I suspect the only cure is time and personal experience.

I personally think that it lets other people evaluate my reads with a full picture of their background, but my words will probably come across better after I’m dead and flipped. Speaking of, once that weight is present, I really do suggest looking closer at Quid’s case from that lens. It looks pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Quid’s case is mine with more words, friend.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Yeah, but I suspect you’ve thought I was scum since jokephase and have been retrofitting things to it/viewing my posts through that lens since, so I’m ignoring you.

Also I remember things like Quid taking my answer to Hal’s “why ask about these 3 people+their interactions” post and framing it as a readpost unto itself, something you didn’t do.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

That's -2. Asiina, Hal, want to chime in?

Hey sorry life hasn't been great the last couple days so I fell behind. But thankfully that was like 15 posts so now I am caught up.

I think your case on Gene is pretty decent and I have had a bad feeling from him so this is probably the way to go. He does touch my heart with his recent posting though.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hey sorry life hasn't been great the last couple days so I fell behind. But thankfully that was like 15 posts so now I am caught up.

I think your case on Gene is pretty decent and I have had a bad feeling from him so this is probably the way to go. He does touch my heart with his recent posting though.

Hello I’m sorry that you’ve had a bad time. Why do his recent posts touch your heart?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Honesty is rare and pitiful, probably.

Someone vote for me so I don’t have to do it myself, given the specifics of the game up to this point I think it’s better to get the mislynch out of the way now instead of doing it tomorrow and ending up in LYLO rather than MYLO

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Do you have a claim, Gene

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I already claimed jesus

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

GeneX posted:

I already claimed jesus

So you were lying about not getting a role pm?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Your Personal Muse posted:

So you were lying about not getting a role pm?

:whitewater:

Okay I’m gonna be gone for dayend, there’s obviously no discussion happening, and a no lynch just means people are gonna waste tomorrow too, so ##vote GeneX and I’ll see y’all again at game end.

I wasn’t lying and you should look over :cthulhu: more, good luck

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Good riddance, GeneX!

Votecount for Day 2
With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 14th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 4 hours.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gene, Town Aligned Elf, was kicked out of Christmastown D2

It is now N2

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Someone die already Jesse

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Someone die already Jesse

Gene died at least

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

https://youtu.be/4feIwig2AtA

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

FAST PACED

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

YPM, Town Aligned Elf, was stolen N2

It is now D3

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (6): Asiina, CCKeane, flerp, Hal Incandenza, Monathin, Quidthulhu

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 19th, 2017 at 9 p.m. PST -- that's in about 2 days, 4 hours.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

We vote slowly today ty.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

We lose with a mislynch, right? So yeah, should probably try and go slow.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

YPM is a weird kill

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

YPM is a weird kill

Why, he seemed about as townie as anyone this game to me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

But he was so tunnelvisioned on Gene, who was a misdunk.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I think it's because YPM was leading the town discussion, so they're hoping for a mislynch.

After the combo of Gene and YPM though, Quid, I'm not exactly certain you are anymore, but I still think Flerp is shadier or, if not shady, then lurking far too much when we're down to mislynch and lose.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

It’s a toss up for me between flerp/Asiina/Hal at this point because they’re all lurking a bunch.

Could be Mona too.

I don’t know at this point! Thought it woulda be Gene.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidthulhu posted:

It’s a toss up for me between flerp/Asiina/Hal at this point because they’re all lurking a bunch.

Could be Mona too.

I don’t know at this point! Thought it woulda be Gene.

I was initially thinking Quid, but I reread and I don't feel it.

I'm going to give Mona another look. That was a hard ping from me day one, I probably shouldn't have talked myself out of it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sorry ive been super busy with finals and coming back home and blah blah blah

i think the best play here is to no lynch. today's mislynch and we lose. if we no lynch, we dont risk losing the game, we narrow down the field which i feel like is necessary, and we force scum to take somebody out which can give us information. if we mislynch the only hope we have is doc being able to stop the nk.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

flerp posted:

sorry ive been super busy with finals and coming back home and blah blah blah

i think the best play here is to no lynch. today's mislynch and we lose. if we no lynch, we dont risk losing the game, we narrow down the field which i feel like is necessary, and we force scum to take somebody out which can give us information. if we mislynch the only hope we have is doc being able to stop the nk.

Yes that's great thank you but still someone must be scum to you right?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I feel like there hasn’t been enough content to really analyze. I’m gonna go back and try to look at voting patterns later tonight but everyone’s been kinda noncommittal to a lot of stuff. I’ll see what I can find. Gotta sing a thing now tho~

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

We vote slowly today ty.

And post slowly it seems

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Agree there is not a lot to analyze. I still have my suspicions of Keane, and his "warning" today feels unnecessary. It's not like this game has been filled with turbos or anything

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agree there is not a lot to analyze. I still have my suspicions of Keane, and his "warning" today feels unnecessary. It's not like this game has been filled with turbos or anything

We've all played in """games""" where somebody shoot from the "hip."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I reread Mona, I think my read day two was better, and I think I'm back to Mona being town.

Asiina save us.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Man, I really don't know. This game is poopan.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Everyone vote only for themselves the rest of the game and scum promises to withhold kills and then Xmas will be SAVED!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright well nobody was killed D3 but Asiina was modkilled and was the doc Keane and Flerp win and Christmas is gone good work

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Boooo

HUMBUG

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I even knew Asiina was the doc, BOOOO

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
nobody rly won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I'm going to reference this game if/when I get poo poo for talking through all my thoughts for my reads.

congrats to keane & flerp

sorry for poking you with my dying breath, Quid

• Locked thread