Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of Tom Cruise's relationship with the church and how he treats other people. I hope it comes out one day, hopefully when Miscavage's body burns in that stupid hotel.

---

We talked a bit about musicals earlier in the thread and someone suggested making a thread. So I did, and it's here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878308 . Feel free to talk about musical episodes of TV shows too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Norwegian Rudo posted:

So they're forcing him to have church members slave away on his properties and his cars for no pay?

Tell you what, how about you go ask him yourself and not report back until then.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

The reason it doesn't work on the Apple TV at least is because the app uses the native video player that Apple provide through APIs to anyone who wants it. Which, naturally, doesn't support whatever system of interactability that Netflix have designed at their own end. If Netflix rolled out their video player, this wouldn't be an issue.

If it's like the browser engine, Apple literally won't allow them to.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nah you're totally fine rolling your own video playback engine, Infuse has always had one and now Plex is following suit. There's limitations, naturally, but you're not forced to use the API.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I just watched the 1st episode of Black Monday on Showtime and it was pretty drat funny. Don Cheadle is perfect as usual

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Watching Angie Tribeca and I swear Bobby Cannavale has not visibly aged since he was on Will & Grace (90s edition).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Laterite posted:

Watching Angie Tribeca and I swear Bobby Cannavale has not visibly aged since he was on Will & Grace (90s edition).

I thought the same thing when he popped up in Ant-Man.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He played a hunky fireman on Third Watch in the 90s and he's even more ripped now.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Oh, and somehow I missed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meAKAcYGLog

January 11th!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Laterite posted:

Bobby Cannavale sounds like the name of a gangster in a 90's Steven Seagal film. Probably titled "Killed to Death."

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What do people make of Goliath? Worth a watch for a Billy Bob fan?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I rather enjoyed the first season.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The first season was a lot better than the second but it's still good. First season is a better version of Erin Brokovich.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I liked the first season of Goliath a lot. Didn't bother with 2 tho 'cause as far as I can tell Olivia Thirlby didn't return.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yeah Goliath S1 was really good but I couldn't get into S2 at all. Nina Arianda as Patty was the best character imo

Similar to Hugh Laurie's Chance S1 vs S2. Loved S1 and S2 was just alright. I only mention it cuz I watched both shows at the same time.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I know we often swing into movie chat here, and a lot of people don't regularly read CD (I only swing by now and again outside of a handful of threads), but I made a site that basically mirrors the Oscars voting in case anyone is interested. I do a Eurovision voting thing in GBS each year, it's basically the same as that, except maybe a little less camp. Maybe.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878402

It's in testing phases right now because the nominations aren't live, so feel free to mess about and give me grief over errors I can't fix.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

<3 girl im drunk and i love everyone in this thread

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I played Bandersnatch (I say played instead of watched because it was more of an FMV game than a movie). It was interesting! I got a bunch of different endings before it was over for real and I got spit back out to the menu.

Cool concept, though it's nothing new really, just an old concept revitalized for Netflix.

esperterra posted:

:love::love::love:

Escobarbarian posted:

Gonna work on my TV 2018 list today or tomorrow but for now here’s a ranking of 2018 films:

21. The House That Jack Built
20. Game Night
19. A Quiet Place
18. Sorry To Bother You
17. BlacKkKlansman
16. Black Panther
15. Isle of Dogs
14. A Star Is Born
13. Hereditary
12. Wildlife
11. Climax
10. Shoplifters
09. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
08. Widows
07. Bodied
06. Leave No Trace
05. Annihilation
04. First Reformed
03. Roma
02. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
01. Suspiria
Mine's just alphabetical, not ranked, but:
1) Annihilation
2) Disobedience
3) Eighth Grade
4) The Endless
5) First Reformed
6) Halloween
7) Hereditary
8) Leave No Trace
9) Mandy
10) Overlord
11) A Quiet Place
12) Roma
13) Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse
14) They Shall Not Grow Old
15) Under The Silver Lake
16) Unsane
17) Upgrade
18) Vice
19) Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
20) You Were Never Really Here

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 31, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

esperterra posted:

gurrrrrrrrrrrrl

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deadly Class is the top show 2019, calling it now.

Happy new year.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rocksicles posted:

Deadly Class is the top show 2019, calling it now.

Happy new year.

I greatly enjoyed the pilot.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm watching this Instant Hotel thing on Netflix, and I am just going in to the last episode. There is a legitimate loving villain in this show and I cannot wait to see him lose. He might be the worst person ever, EVER. gently caress I'm excited for this episode he better not win.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
This year sucked. You guys were actually kinda good though.

To next year not sucking.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

2019: The year we fondly look back on 2018.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh yeah since people were doing their their favorite movies of the year here's mine

Honorable Mention: Galveston, Black Panther, A Quiet Place, Unsane, Annihilation

10 - Revenge
9 - A Crooked Somebody
8 - American Animals
7 - Black 47
6 - Into The Spider-Verse
5 - Beast
4 - The Clovehitch Killer
3 - Avengers Infinity War
2 - You Were Never Really Here
1 - Leave No Trace

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One last bit of bad news for the new year is that Louis CK is now doubling down on being a piece of poo poo with some new leaked audio of a recent set.

quote:

They testify in front of Congress these kids…What are you doing? You’re young you should be crazy, you should be unhinged. Not in a suit saying ‘I’m here to tell you…’ gently caress you... You’re not interesting because you went to a high school where kids got shot. Why does that mean I have to listen to you? Why does that make you interesting. You didn’t get shot. You pushed some fat kid in the way and now I gotta listen to you talking.

and

quote:

I’m so disappointed in the younger generation honestly because I’m 51 years old and I was 18 and in my 20s we were idiots. We were getting high doing mushrooms and poo poo…I was kind of excited to be in my 50s and see people in my 20s and be like these kids are crazy, these kids are nice…but they’re not!

They’re just boring. loving telling me you shouldn’t say that. What are you an old lady?...You should address me…as they/them because I identify as gender neutral. You should address me as there…because I’m a location…and the location is your mother’s oval office.

To counter that nastiness here's a picture of my kitten snuggling up with my mother on Christmas.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm sure Fox News will start praising him and he and Dennis Miller will go on some whirlwind tour in the bible belt.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Please don't post Louis CK unless it's him finally pulling his loving dick out on stage.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Haha, of course Louis is going to become a conservative comic in order to make his comeback.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I wrote up my top 10 movies of 2018 elsewhere, so here it is. I'll spare you all my longer reviews.

10. Murder on the Orient Express
9. Sorry to Bother You
8. Black Panther
7. Bad Times at the El Royale
6. Mission Impossible: Fallout
5. Blindspotting
4. A Simple Favor
3. Blackkklansman
2. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
1. Avengers: Infinity War

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Stuck at my parents for NYE, sick. Tell me what Amazon prime series I should binge that isn't Goliath or miss mazel or homecoming

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you want anything that's on Prime, The Americans.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Don't watch Jack Ryan.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Stuck at my parents for NYE, sick. Tell me what Amazon prime series I should binge that isn't Goliath or miss mazel or homecoming

The Tick, The Expanse.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Bosch. Orphan Black.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Mu Zeta posted:

Don't watch Jack Ryan.

It’s a decent show, it just suffers from the main character being super bland.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Watch Patriot. And also The Tick.

And also Bosch.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Almost 12 years late to the party on this one but is the rest of Veronica Mars S3 as bad as the first four episodes? If so I might just go ahead and call it. That's a lot of hours of TV I don't want to sit through if it doesn't pick up.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Patriot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Life Itself is on Prime and I've gotta watch that soon because I keep hearing it's one of the absolute worst movies of 2018.