Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
PAN COATED DISKS, CHOCOLATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

mods change my name posted:

COUNTRY CAPTAIN CHICKEN

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

COUNTRY CAPTAIN CHICKEN

This.

Though cheese ravioli was pretty decent too. I don't remember many of the MREs anymore, but beef steak seems to ring a bell, or something similar. I'll never forget 3Cs' supremacy over others though.

Still poo poo compared to anything from nearly any food service joint over a gas station.

Oh poo poo. Chili mac. How the gently caress did I forget the fuel of my assholes' nightmares?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Vegetarian MREs are generally pretty good.

Also the tuna one that's just name-brand tuna with some relish and tortillas.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Some of you goobers might still be on the fence or, even worse, incorrect about the best US involved war. Some of you are going to say Revolutionary war because hey, we wouldn't be here without it. A few of the Canadians in here are going to trot out the war of 1812 because hey, you burn the white house and you kinda stay attached to that and that's respectable. The Civil war was great because you got to kill a bunch of racists, and a bunch of Americans at the same time. Well that's just super! WWI was badass because of trenchfoot and all the European countries hosed themselves enough that they left space open for us to move in. WWII had nukes and poo poo and we just dumped all over the Japanese, Asia should still be thanking us for that (you're welcome). All the wars after that suck rear end and are unimportant and if you think anything after 1945 is the best war you're wrong. But look here fuckers, you're all wrong.

Let's talk Spanish-American War. Three months of American glory saying "gently caress you Spain".

Back in the good ol' year of 1898 Spain was having a little fuss with Cuba, which hell let's face it literally everyone has had a little fuss with Cuba. If you find anyone who says they like Cuba they're lying to your face. But the US had interests there so we sent a pre-Dreadnought ship that was outdated in tactics and construction by the time it hit the seas to protect our poo poo right there in the harbor of Havana.

And then the fucker sank. No one is exactly sure why, but more than likely it's because of an internal explosion in the magazine. Improper coal storing procedures on coal fired engines, you know how these things go. But gently caress Spain, the tabloids of the time decided that obviously Spain sunk it because there's nothing more American than blaming someone else for your own failures. SO LET'S GO TO WAR BOYS. This was a war that William McKinley didn't even want to have, a president so well-loved that he got shot and died from gangrene in 1901. gently caress you Bill.

Anyway, the Spanish American war was the first real contest of American dick-waving. Spain was loving up all of its colonial hopes because of home unrest and it's time for America to take the loving stage. We poo poo all over them in three months and got the Philippines, Guam, and Cuban independence out of the deal. We made Theodore Roosevelt, literally the best president (and gently caress you if you disagree) a national star. Best of all we humiliated a world power and made our entrance onto the world stage and we haven't stopped sticking our fingers where they don't belong since. If you're unconvinced about the benefits of that war then allow me to point you towards the hundred years of generations of military that have gone before you, marrying drat near every female Asian we've come across to fully staff AAFES.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
I submitted my answers. I never served a day in any kind of armed forces. I’n going to win aren’t I? :ohdear:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nystral posted:

I never served a day in any kind of armed forces. I’n going to win aren’t I? :ohdear:

we already won

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Nystral posted:

I submitted my answers. I never served a day in any kind of armed forces. I’n going to win aren’t I? :ohdear:

I mean, if you're questioning that you're going to get either first or second place in the sheep game, that's still up in the air.

As far as winning at life, you've made the decision many of us were not wise enough to make which involves getting involved in the armed forces. I'd say you're at least on top of things from that perspective.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno, pretty hard to beat the bitchin k/d ratio of gothic serpent

Well best modern war, pretty easy to push an army's poo poo in when all they have are stone tipped spears against your guns

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 21, 2018

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Slim Pickens posted:

Dunno, pretty hard to beat the bitchin k/d ratio of gothic serpent

Well best modern war, pretty easy to push an army's poo poo in when all they have are stone tipped spears against your guns

One army had machine guns. The other was made entirely of emus.

The emus won.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

This is your annoying DoD Civvie passive aggressive “helpful reminder” to get your drat answers in!

Also remember all wars are bad, and no war is good.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The war I fought in was good, but all the others are bad.

Who am I kidding, they're all bad

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Videogames that take place after the Cold War usually aren't that good and that's really a shame. I wish they would make a cool modern war game that I'd be proud to get all the achievements in and then have a sobering reflection on the horrors of war but also when the A10 scene happened it was insanely sick

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Videogames that take place after the Cold War usually aren't that good and that's really a shame. I wish they would make a cool modern war game that I'd be proud to get all the achievements in and then have a sobering reflection on the horrors of war but also when the A10 scene happened it was insanely sick

I think it was Battlefield 3 where I last felt really cool if that was the one with the spetznaz guys. HALO jumping into that valley and then the chase through Paris followed by the nuke going off was pretty boss.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The war I fought in was good, but all the others are bad.

Who am I kidding, they're all bad

Lol “fought” the computer you pog!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Never didn't mace myself

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The real answer is the war on christmas, but i didn't remember that before submitting :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Here's my answers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Here is my post defending my position on the coolest war.

The Toledo War.

Basically the state of Ohio and the Michigan territory had a border dispute over the ownership of Toledo of all things, it got heated and both Militias marched out to seize the town. And then couldn't be bothered to actually fight each other because they would have rathered go into town, find a tavern and get wasted and then go home. Congress eventually intervened and Ohio "won" Toledo while Michigan got compensated by being given the Upper Peninsula.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

spec ops is probably the closest, the helicopter battles were sick as gently caress and it had a few good horror moments

i'm still hanging out for burning simulator 2018: the civil war

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
poo poo, I forgot about this. Sending in my answers when I get home from work.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
I just missed it. :saddowns:

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

windshipper posted:

I just missed it. :saddowns:

Only a true Russian would let a pesky little thing like a deadline stop them. Man up buttercup! Get out there and get to answering!

Srsly it doesn’t hurt.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
On the other hand the most American thing is to be too lazy to actually submit anything but still complain about the results

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who is the Russian!?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Who is the Russian!?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Who is the Russian!?

I quit that life of crime I'm working for the Murricans now

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

On the other hand the most American thing is to be too lazy to actually submit anything but still complain about the results

I am clearly most American because I not only waited until too late to submit it, but then I went ahead and submitted it many hours after I bemoaned the fact that it was too late.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Now say I thought this was america!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Too lazy to submit

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Too lazy to submit

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zeris this has been a nice sheep game

for me to poop on

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

zeris this has been a nice sheep game

<SNIP>

for me to poop on

Clearly a Russian Spy as this references a joke that was played out over a decade ago, which means it's all the rage in Moscow.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT UUUUUUUUUPP in an extremely late 90s voice

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Maybe Zeris is the Russian and he started this game to learn to blend in better :tinfoil:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Maybe Zeris is the Russian and he started this game to learn to blend in better :tinfoil:

Says the person formerly on Russian crime payroll

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I’ll do it I promise
I’ve been busy advising GOONS on higher education and MFAs
And learning concatenation functionalities

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Zeris posted:

I’ll do it I promise
I’ve been busy advising GOONS on higher education and MFAs
And learning concatenation functionalities

Spoken like a true Russian

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Says the person formerly on Russian crime payroll

I try to get out, they black bag me back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Advice on getting an MFA: don't, die alone in your parents' basement.

• Locked thread