Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

rannum posted:

Also, god, the stone situation in this game. YOu mentioned it a few times but i just want to underline they made it impossible to get more than one moon stone in ruby & emerald. One single stone! ONE. WHY
And it's not like Sapphire (or FRLG, for that matter) are much better because then you have to deal with solely stealing things off Lunatone (Clefairy) which is a terrible mechanic! not helped that at absolute most, in a late game portion of meteor falls, you can only run tino them 35% of the time. Most of the other times its 10-25% with the rest being Zubats.
Despite all the things Gamefreak's improved over the years, they're consistently allergic to making evolution items easy to get more of.

It's probably a good thing they haven't introduced many stone or trade item evos in the past few gens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Haifisch posted:

Despite all the things Gamefreak's improved over the years, they're consistently allergic to making evolution items easy to get more of.

It's probably a good thing they haven't introduced many stone or trade item evos in the past few gens.

gen 6 introduced 2 new trade evolutions that each require their own, unique, not used for anything else evolution items. While it didn't introduce any new stones (good!) it introduced a new evolution for the Sun, Shiny & Dusk Stones
Gen 7 introduced an entirely new stone so alola sandshrew & vulpix could evolve!

both pale in comparison to gen 4, which introduced like 7 new trade items, 2 "hold this to evolve!" items and 3 new stones but I could write an entire essay about the terrible, terrible things they've done to item-based evolution methods throughout the series and how it ruins the gameplay intent for those evolution types
Gen 3 is lucky to have a gen 1 remake to buy the four standard stones and even RSE has the roundabout (and bad) shard method for those.

Also while on this subject, I remember going through and trying to clear up the pokedex in my sapphire version and referencing a guidebook to help find some blanks. The jigglypuff is a pretty weird addition to the dex, because it's really only found there and held by no one. This grass patch is pretty easy to miss since it's so far off the beaten path and Jigglypuff is a rare encounter in a pool full of common birds that it's easy to write off

rannum fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 17, 2018

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I guess they stuck Jigglypuff in the Hoenn games for marketing reasons, although I think Gen 3 was the time period that Jigglypuff became less relevant to the franchise (Its last appearance in the anime until very recently was a random filler episode about the Trick House).

As for the evolutionary items, I'm kind of glad that more recent games are a bit more generous about items in general (although it means that the bag is overstuffed). I still remember way back during my first playthrough of Pokemon Gold when I wanted to train another Arcanine (one that had Crunch bred onto it), but I used the only fire stone in the game on a Growlithe that I used in the main story. Being told "It's your fault that you squandered your fire stone" really stung.

Now that the Game Freak is more generous with evolutionary items (if you know where to look), I'd want more Pokémon that evolve through older methods. The Thunderstone gets the least use out of the original five evolutionary stones, having only Pikachu and Eevee in Gen 1 and then finally adding Eelektrik in Gen 5.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
How do you use up a stone anyways? Granted I haven't watched the anime since middle school (oh god I'm 30), but if memory serves they just kinda hold it near the pokemon, right? Do they like, chuck it through at a random passerby and run afterwards?

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
They're used up the same way you use up ten pokeballs trying to catch a pokemon instead of the same one multiple times.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

They're consumable items in the game like most everything else, as far as the anime goes, hell I don't remember if they gave some sort of handwave-y "oh the power in the stone is used up to make the pokemon evolve" explanation.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

How do you use up a stone anyways? Granted I haven't watched the anime since middle school (oh god I'm 30), but if memory serves they just kinda hold it near the pokemon, right? Do they like, chuck it through at a random passerby and run afterwards?

The stone contains PokeMagic(TM). The PokeMagic(TM) is used to evolve the Pokemon.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radio Free Kobold posted:

The stone contains PokeMagic(TM). The PokeMagic(TM) is used to evolve the Pokemon.

They work like computer chips. There's a magic blue smoke that makes them work, but if you ever release the blue smoke, the magic is gone and it stops working. Evolving a pokemon requires you to release the blue smoke from the evolution stone.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Honestly, as a kid I just assumed they ate the stone. Like rock candy, or something. I dunno, I was a dumb kid :downs:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Glazius posted:

I like how this game switches up its double battles. You've got some pincer attacks but also just some pairs hanging out.

Which is another thing that got shafted in the remakes for some stupid reason :v:

Haifisch posted:

I have spent 7 real world days upgrading and farming my Poke Pelagio in Sun so I could get a Dusk Stone for my Mismagius. That being said, the animation for "INTO THE MINES YOU GO" when you make Pokemon explore the caves for items makes me laugh every time.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Honestly, as a kid I just assumed they ate the stone. Like rock candy, or something. I dunno, I was a dumb kid :downs:

I googled 'evolution stone rock candy' and was not disappointed.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

There was the time early on in the anime where Team Rocket went all "but what if we use ALL THE STONES SIMULTANEOUSLY on an Eevee". But because they're incompetent fools, it never went beyond a daydream.

If I lived in the Pokemon World, I'd totally try that, for Science. I'd even raise and play and cuddle with the Eevee myself, if I have to. For Science.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kikas posted:

This would have been an excellent place for No Guard Fissure Machamps if they existed back in Gen III.

That's not a Normal-type! :argh:

Carbon dioxide posted:

There was the time early on in the anime where Team Rocket went all "but what if we use ALL THE STONES SIMULTANEOUSLY on an Eevee". But because they're incompetent fools, it never went beyond a daydream.

As I recall, they tried to, but got interrupted.

Technically, the Pokemon Special manga has an Eevee that runs with that idea until it evolves into an Espeon.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Technically, the Pokemon Special manga has an Eevee that runs with that idea until it evolves into an Espeon.

Red's Eevee is clearly a digimon, not a pokemon.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

Looks like this is the LP thread that finally gets me to delurk and buy a goddamn SA account. Congratulations, Crosspiece. Pokemon Uranium tempted me, as did Breath of the Wild (a game I've even written a guide for), but I guess they weren't quite enough; anyway, here I finally am. Figures it'd be the prospect of talking about Pokemon Contests. Hello everyone.

I'm one of those people who played Pokemon a lot as a child when the craze first hit, then left it behind after gen 1 until returning to it as an adult and falling in love with it again. (My partner convinced me to give it another go, heh. She's probably lurking around here too. And for that matter, she might regret it somewhat, given how obsessive I can get and the nonstop rants about Pokemon that she's been subjected to over the last couple of years or so.)

For whatever reason, Contests have ended up being one of my favourite things. I don't understand why, honestly, but I'm weirdly obsessed with them and have spent a lot of time analysing the mechanics and playing them. This generation's incarnation is actually my favourite one; weird and unbalanced as much of it is, most of the improvements they attempted to make just increased the variance and took away a lot of what I liked about them to begin with. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to seeing them in a LP.

Anyway, congrats on the shiny pelipper! Always cool to see that happen during LPs. I've got... a lot of thoughts about what you can do with him in contests, but I'll wait to share them until after you've discussed the mechanics unless you'd rather I do otherwise. I don't want to steal your thunder here, or at least not without permission.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
Oh yeah, Contests!

I paid absolutely no attention to them until the remakes.

And then I absolutely trounced them. Because I was bored.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Glad you're enjoying the LP! And I'm glad to contribute towards Lowtax's eventual forum upgrades. Any day now. Just around the corner.

Anyway, yeah, I'm looking forward to contests a lot too (much more than the... other thread submission area) since I've barely played them as I didn't see the need to. I'll be looking forward to diving into them completely, but we're just a little bit away from it still, so it can wait for now.

I'd love some rock candy right now, though.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Ou, we'll get to submit our ideas for that other area as well? Nice, time to cook up some really niche 'mons.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Part 15: Forward to Fortree

Slateport City

We're back in Slateport and here to peruse the black market. What've you got?

Oh yeah that's the good stuff. There's two more locations to buy some sweet Secret Base stuff and then we'll start thinking of where we want our Base. Of course I'm gonna go into ridiculous detail about this mechanic. When don't I?

Since we can't head out east this way (I am dreading these three routes so much holy poo poo), looks like we're heading to Route 118.

Your POKEMON had an EGG! We don't know how it got there, but your POKEMON had it. You do want it, yes?

Looks like I can breed correctly after years of solely using Ditto. Thankfully we only need to do this two more times.

By going left to right along this line, you can easily do 300 steps each time without interruptions. Add in Slugmom and...

We very quickly hatch a little baby! Good job team, we'll do some more breeding later, but we really need to get out of this area, we've been here long enough.

Route 118 East

Have you met many kinds of POKEMON since I last saw you? There are many, many kinds of POKEMON in this wide world of ours. If you wanted to raise only your favorites, that's fine. Perhaps you find it more fun to raise all sorts of POKEMON. As a TRAIER of POKEMON, what do you think? Of course, it's not any of my business. It would be nice if we were to meet again somewhere.

I could've put this music in when we first got here, as the music is different depending on which side of the route you're on, but the adventurous tune fits so much better for when we're actually heading up to the next city.

At least these have finally grown. However our team doesn't really need 30HP recovery anymore... not that I really use berries all that much.

They did take flight... If they'd get stronger, they'd be able to fly more freely...

There's gonna be a lot of cool new Pokemon and trainers, so buckle up everyone, it's gonna be quite the journey.

Urgh... I crashed... You've got great POKEMON. I'll have to train mine better.

Oh hey this Linoone also has Pickup. Well since we've got it until the next Pokemon Center, might as well milk some items! Since it's above level 20, we'll get some different items than Freesample, so we should definitely level Freesample before too long.

I wish I had the opportunity to say doggo as much as I say birb.

What's on this route? New Pokemon to find in the grass? Haha, I wish, that would make things more interesting coming up.

You know, I forgot how many physical Dark types there are in this game. Holy moley. Absol works despite its typing due to its massive Attack and getting Swords Dance relatively early, though because it's super frail, it makes it difficult to actually set up. When it does get going though, oh baby, it has a good enough physical movepool (through TMs) to actually do some damage, with Shadow Ball, Aerial Ace and eventually Slash at level 36. That's about it though, it has a large special movepool, like most Pokemon with low Sp.Atk, but it does just fine, despite not getting to use STAB.

Pressure increases the PP cost of opponent's moves by 1, even if the move misses or hits an immunity. Very useful to stall out some Pokemon and is an ability usually found on legendaries. It also increases the chance of finding a higher-leveled Pokemon by 50%.

They say that you can't judge a person by their appearance. But often, their looks don't lie...

Don't tell my brother I lost. You have to keep it a secret!

Ooh, it's raining, that's cool.

The BERRY MASTER's garden is filled with uplifting fragrances.

That's some good booty right here. Pomeg Berries raise friendship and lower HP EVs, Grepa Berries do the same, except lower Sp.Def EVs, and Qualot Berries lower Def EVs. There's a bit more to the Pomeg Berry that we'll go over much later. Oh yes we will, ehehehehehe.

I dream of filling the world with beautiful flowers, so I raise BERRIES and hand them out to everyone. You're deserving of one!

Why by stingy? Take another!

Be sure to visit the PRETTY PETAL flower shop near RUSTBORO. Let flowers fill the world!

Two daily berries, just like that. He gives two out of a possible of ten berries, which another character later on can also give out. The Tamato Berry increases happiness and lowers Speed EVs.

He makes me proud, that he does. Incidentally, child, have you heard a good saying lately?

I want you to have this.

Our four grandchildren should become more accomplished than my husband. Joy never goes out of my life!

The Berry Master's wife is even more important. There are 5 phrases to give her that correspond to the last 5 berries in the game (that you can get normally) and can't be found anywhere else. GREAT BATTLE is the only phrase we can do right now, as we don't have the right words for the other phrases obtaining just yet. The Spelon Berry does... nothing! But it's really rare.

(YUKI) Okay! We're beating the TRAINER's POKEMON!

(MIU) TRAINER, your POKEMON are strong because you are friends.

(YUKI) Uh-oh, we lost. Why are you so strong? We've never lost before.

Interestingly, that girl is called Yuki in the Japanese versions too, but remember that Brendan's name is actually Yūki, but that would've been annoying to keep typing out and all that.

Alright, onto Route 119, where there's more rain and tall grass that you can't ride your bike through. Oh yeah, we've switched over to the Acro Bike again and we might actually use it this time!

There's even lightning on occasion! Now it's even harder to tell what's going on, hell yeah SSLPs.

But if you win, I lose... I can't MIMIC you winning the match. That's just impossible... it's burning me up...

Whoop, that was a great match! We're the MIMIC CIRCLE! I hope you enjoyed our performance.

I guess I should talk about them, the Mimic Circle copy your movements, but they're not all mirrored, so you might get surprised when someone turns right when you turn up, or something. I don't really follow their movements. This will be an important mechanic later, so look out for it!

What's so good about mimicry? Fufufu... you'll never understand...

Hey, let's get a new Pokemon.

BANANA DINOSAUR. That's it, what else do I need to say? Okay, it doesn't have the greatest stats, but can be an alright mixed attacker, which helps due to its mixed STABs, but really it's just a super useful HM user. Like most Grass and Flying users, it has gently caress all for STAB and has to manage with, uh, Gust and Magical Leaf unless you give it some TMs... which doesn't make it much better. At least it gets Earthquake, Body Slam, Giga Drain, Cut, Fly, Flash, Rock Smash... NO, it's not a HM slave! It's a good dinosaur that can do some good damage if you take the time to raise it. But it's also really slow and weak to a lot of moves, so maybe it's better as a utility mon.

Lot of nice items around. Back to the circle.

Until you go away somewhere, we'll keep on mimicking your every move.

I wish we'd never met... I want to MIMIC you some more. Can you hurry up and move?

Alright, we can move on from the crap circle.

I don't wanna know what's going on in that house, so let's go over to this Fisherman.

Yeah, yeah, don't remind me I have to catch one of these drat things. Look, I'll do it next update, okay? Well, when you finally find one of these drat things, it's basically Magikarp, so it's poo poo. Though unlike Magikarp, it can learn TM and Egg moves, meaning it isn't stuck with Tackle until it evolves. Oh yeah I have to evolve this fuckin thing too. poo poo. We'll have to wait a bit longer in Emerald to get a Milotic, but it's a hassle getting it in RS by this point anyway, so it's good to wait. Feel free to evolve it whenever, unless you want to keep Flail for whatever reason. Anyway, yeah, don't use it, evolve it when you get to Lilycove.

Go for a SURF on my POKEMON... then fish off its back... it's an indescribably luxuriant moment!

Good little pocket over here.

Some more berries and... could it be? A use for the Acro Bike?

It's a christmas miracle. Not only can we hop up rocks, we can hop along these weird bridge things.

It's only for that Calcium though.

Do you have a POKENAV? It's a must-have tool for any TRAINER. Oh, you do have one! Let's register each other, then! You're traveling light but you have everything you need. You're on top of things mentally and physically, too.

This is quite the wild path we're on, I love it, the wild feeling of Hoenn is great.

I hope you'll give me a rematch without mocking my lack of knowledge. To break away from civilization and awaken the wild spirit within! That's our vision.

Still a lot of trainers in these wilds, but having rain around for Nobunaga is super nice.

Oh, but... that's not fair. You're asking if my parasol is heavy? Your BAG is filled with more junk than I ever carry around.

We lacked potential... Ever since I was a little kid, I always admired BIRD POKEMON...

I mean, you are right that my bag is full of junk, but it still hurts.

"Let's have a good one!"

Let's have a nice single battle with this guy who could really work on his phrasing.

NANI?

You're pretty amazing! Hohoho! Hohoho! I'll try emulating the pep of kid TRAINERS like you!

You're surprisingly good! My surprise attack ended in failure...

A fair few bird nuts around here. No problem now that we have Ice Beam.

Down and out! My bird POKEMON made my dreams of flying come true!

This journey seems a bit straightforward so far. What's there to do around here?

Cheers familiar looking guys, Weather Institute it is!

Weather Institute Takeover

See you guys in 8 hours!

Oh, no... I'll catch an earful for losing to a kid... I should just take a nap in bed...

There's just a bunch of uninteresting grunts around, so let's skip to the main attraction.

You're either absolutely fearless, simply ignorant, or both! You're so cute, you're disgusting! I'll put you down, kiddy!

It's our first Aqua Admin, not particularly dangerous though.

Like not at all. Okay maybe our team is getting a bit overlevelled cause of where our last two members are. Whoops!

It's bad enough to have TEAM MAGMA blunder about, but now there's you! What makes you want to sniff around in our business, anyway?

They appear to be headed for MT. PYRE!

What?! We can't waste any more time here! We have to hurry to MT. PYRE, too! Ahahahaha! TEAM MAGMA, just you wait!

There's plenty of them in the INSTITUTE--go ahead and take it. I've been researching for many years, but it's ridiculous to think that humans can freely change the weather.

Castform is a pretty interesting Pokemon and, like Shedinja, has enough to discuss that it's over here.

Route 119

With that mild distraction out of the way, it's time to move on. Let's go river surfing!

Man isn't it great not having to think about finding Feebas for the moment? Though like that waterfall, eventually I'll have to deal with it and go over them.

Neat, now we can evolve Nuzleaf. Later. When we see its evolution. Alright, back to our journey.

May Encounter

How much stronger have you gotten? Let me check for you! Ready with your POKEMON? Of course you are! Go!

Rival Battle

It's been a while, but now it's time for our fourth rival battle. This Slugma is the rain is the perfect metaphor for how these rival battles will be going forward.

Were you expecting anything else?

How rude. Fake Out has 40BP, 10PP, 100% accuracy and +1 priority to flinch the opponent, but can only be used on the turn the user is sent out. In this gen only, it does not trigger contact related effects.

This Grovyle is pretty dangerous, but we are way too strong for this point in the game, so Nimbus has this. Leaf Blade has 70BP, 15PP and 100% accuracy, as well as a increased crit chance. It's one of the best Grass moves in the game and a huge boon for the Treecko line. That's how sad the Grass type is right now.

Man Nimbus needs something soon, or she'll be having a rough time.

But I had absolutely nothing to worry about! Keep it up! And, here! I have a present for you.

"already visited."

But, to use FLY, you have to get the GYM BADGE from FORTREE CITY. That's important, so don't forget. You should FLY home and visit LITTLEROOT for a change. I bet your mom's worried about you, YUKI. Well, let's meet again somewhere!

Route 119

You just beat that TRAINER, didn't you? It was pretty obvious that you did. The kid looked really upset with a face all red from anger. I sure seem to run into you often. Are you off to FORTREE GYM next? I expect that you'll do well at the GYM. Well, I'll be seeing you!

Scott enjoying that we're a stone cold destroyer of friendships. We'll give Fly to Nimbus soon enough, but right now it's as strong as Peck over two turns and we can't use it until the next badge anyway.

Cheers, Freesample, for the free sample.

"It's our time to shine, whoa, yeah!"
"I emerge to challenge you!"

That totally looks like a hidden item alcove.

You showed me who's the boss! We'll have to take the loss, oh, no! Hit me with another power chord! Leave me alone! Your win you have to atone!

I admit defeat! Those defeated in battle withdraw quietly back into the shadows. That, too, is destiny...

Aw man, there must be something good here, guarded by two trainers AND an invisible object!

To hide a tree, use a forest! To hide a POKEMON, use a POKEMON! There is no deep, hidden meaning to that.

Well that was an adventure getting here. Next time, it seems like quite the city is explorable to us, a good reward.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So as you're gonna see next update, our team is going to be crushing everything nearby because we've had four team members for quite a while and they're getting too ahead of the curve. Thankfully, to fix this, it is time for our fifth team member to hopefully suck up all the exp and let the rest of the team get back in line with everyone else. Hopefully. If not our final team member isn't hugely far.

Anyway, what do you call a discarded hand puppe- did it just move? I could've sworn it just moved. Ah, I'm sure it's fine and it doesn't hate us in the slightest.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
What's the name of that one puppet from the horror film series? Wasn't it Billy or some poo poo? There's no way that can go wrong, right?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Thadius posted:

What's the name of that one puppet from the horror film series? Wasn't it Billy or some poo poo? There's no way that can go wrong, right?

You mean Chucky?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Maybe it should be called Sally, like another distressing looking puppet

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

If something is moving whenever you look away, there is a good chance that it will say Boo!.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Pinocchio.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Teruteru, and I don't care that it doesn't look like a teru teru bozu when it evolves. :colbert:

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Chucky is a great name for a great friend.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If not Chucky, then Annabelle.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Chucky. Absolutely nothing can go wrong with this idea.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Let's get a sick FFIV reference in there with Calcabrina, or, if that's too long, Calbrena. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTabPCoee4

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Well, if we're talking about spooky puppets, how about some Goosebumps inspiration and name it Slappy?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Solumin posted:

Let's get a sick FFIV reference in there with Calcabrina, or, if that's too long, Calbrena. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTabPCoee4

Seconded. Ran into that thing's FF14 incarnation recently and it creeped me the gently caress out.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Solumin posted:

Thirded. It's too good of a reference to not use.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Jim in honor of the puppet man

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Fourthing Calcabrina.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to go with Boolderdash, but that's 11 characters. Instead, let's go with Boojangles.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Solumin posted:

okay, I could go with this, too

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Calbrena (or Calcabrena, I cant remember the character limits)

I really love this route. The tall grass, the winding nature of it, the varied terrain, fantastic secret bases if i remember right, and i like the storm effects. A+ route, would travel through again.

Also man, for whatever reason when I was young I spent so much time tending berries at the berry master. Just growing a bunch of berries and making sure to get the daily berries and all that.

Incidentally, I think the big appeal of the 5 password berries is they're very high value, only beaten out by event berries. Spelon's the go-to spicy berry? I took a quick glance at the bulbapedia page on this and hey have fun going into, ah, all that.

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016

Solumin posted:

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Unsure about the nickname, but Route 119 is one of the best in the entire series.

• Locked thread