Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

My bad, so... I’m going to see Ready Player One Tonight. I hope it’s more than just 80’s cameos

It's Michael j Fox staring into a screen for two hours, slowly aging backwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Flips

Nobody dies!

All night actions have been processed.

It is now Day 8, the deadline is 11:59pm EST on the 5th of April 2018.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (6): 50 pounds of bread, Birdstrike, chaoslord, Crazyeyes, I R SMART LIKE ROCK, Little Mac

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 05th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Fiddy visited himself so, good job :confuoot:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
List has been re-re-re-updated:

DECIDEDLY ALIVE
  • Crazyeyes * claims Puar, Best Friend
  • Little Mac * claims King Kai, Empowerer
  • Birdstrike * claims Chiaotzu, Tracker, tracked N1 Sal, N2 IcePhoenix, N3 chaoslord, N4 IRSmart, N5 tobbs, N6 Rhjamiz, N7 50 pounds of bread
  • I R SMART LIKE ROCK * claims Yajirobe, Hider Tracked nowhere N4
  • chaoslord * claims Mr Popo, Vanilla, Tracked nowhere N3
  • 50 pounds of bread * claims Krillin, Doctor

DECIDEDLY DEAD
  • Rhjamiz * Android 20, Gero aligned Android Reprogammer / Attack Absorber
  • Tobbs Gnawed * mecha-Freiza, Vanilla
  • SalTheBard * Hercules, Thunderdomer
  • Monathin * Tien, DayVig
  • Xad * Android 14, ( Kikoho'ed )
  • Mordiceius * Android 16, role cop? ( self destructed and killed IcePheonix )
  • IcePhoenix * claims Bulma, Vanilla Town tracked to nowhere N2
  • b-minus1 * claims Dende, Town watcher / Doc watch target
  • Asiina * Goku, Teleportation jail / PGO Temp BP
  • GulagDolls * Android 17, Gero aligned Android Barrier / Infinite Energy (BP regenerating Bodyguard)
  • Lumpen * Android 15, Town Weakling (loudmouth)
  • flerp * Dr. Brief, Vanilla
  • King Burgundy * Android 19, Gero aligned Backup / Attack Absorber
  • grand theft grotto * Vegeta, Disarmer
  • willie_dee * Android 18, Town (former Scum?) Ninja / Roleblocker(?) (/Krillin Kisser???)
  • Atomic Soda * Yamcha, Town Best Friend / Weakling
  • GeneX Gero-Aligned Android 13, Backup/Android Detector
  • Dancer * Town Busdriver /Secret Chamber Entrant
  • Sandwolf * Vanilla Town
  • Anomalous Amalgam * Vanilla Town
  • Jeabus Mahogany * Master Roshi, android-detecting flavorcop

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

List has been re-re-re-updated:

So it's one of these three. They're Cell. My inclination is chaoslord.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I only put crazy eyes on there because they haven't been directly confirmed but they might as well be. I think it's chaos

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Yes I did sir.

I'd like to now reexamine night 4, night 3, and whichever night Mac targeted monathin.

It's one of smart, little mac, or clord.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I lean c lord too, but I'd like to compare kill results to birdstrikes tracks.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I'm in meetings for the next few hours so I'll be around but can't engage too much. I have an idea as to why there were no deaths N7. Cell likely went after me or 50. I hid last night and 50 Doctor'ed themselves, according to Birb. I don't believe SK would withhold a kill at this point of the game, too much risk

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

There's also a good chance cell goes through doc protects since monathin died even though I protected.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

We basically get 2 shots at cell here, assuming the androids are dead.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I'm in meetings for the next few hours so I'll be around but can't engage too much. I have an idea as to why there were no deaths N7. Cell likely went after me or 50. I hid last night and 50 Doctor'ed themselves, according to Birb. I don't believe SK would withhold a kill at this point of the game, too much risk

The hiding is probably why there was no kill, although I didn’t think you’d be a good target because they would have known going into tomorrow that we would be suspicious of the people without actions verified by others.

I do remember in DBZ1 though there was some ability Frieza had later on that ended the game in three days but took time to charge. Cell could be doing something like that.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

The hiding is probably why there was no kill, although I didn’t think you’d be a good target because they would have known going into tomorrow that we would be suspicious of the people without actions verified by others.

I do remember in DBZ1 though there was some ability Frieza had later on that ended the game in three days but took time to charge. Cell could be doing something like that.

Countdown to starting the Cell Games? I assume the Frieza game ending thing was them using that destroy the planet ability Frieza used on Namek; which translated in game to the mechanic you're talking about.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

50 pounds of bread posted:

Yes I did sir.

I'd like to now reexamine night 4, night 3, and whichever night Mac targeted monathin.

It's one of smart, little mac, or clord.

I just went back to check. N3 and 4 both only had one kill, the nights both clord and smart were tracked to nowhere. :/

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Obviously no one will believe me on this but the game closed and reopened since my last check-in. I would probably vote me today, too. It appears there is only one kill out there and, if that's true, with 6 folks this is not LYLO/MYLO unless there are two scum left, which doesn't seem right to me.

I need some time to read tonight before I vote, but the two things that standout to me are a) the hider that was tracked and b) the mason flipping "mason", not "confirmed mason".

For a), the proof should be in the post history. If he did actually ask mord's team to check him on D4, then hey, there you go.

For b) Nat20 has only modded a handful of games so I want to do is go through the other games and see if they had confirmed masons and, if so, how they flipped. Confirmed is usually (always?) part of the role if they are mod confirmed, so I'd expect that to be present in the flip. It wasn't.

Birb and 50 are town, and iirc Little Mac was one of the few people that expressed initial skepticism of the whole "oh no we're good guys now, promise!" stunt mord pulled, so I lean town on him, too.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

nope, CE is definitely a town mason based on the past DBZ game, and I R Smart did ask to be checked.

So I'm at :shrug: at this point

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

chaoslord posted:

Obviously no one will believe me on this but the game closed and reopened since my last check-in. I would probably vote me today, too. It appears there is only one kill out there and, if that's true, with 6 folks this is not LYLO/MYLO unless there are two scum left, which doesn't seem right to me.

I need some time to read tonight before I vote, but the two things that standout to me are a) the hider that was tracked and b) the mason flipping "mason", not "confirmed mason".

For a), the proof should be in the post history. If he did actually ask mord's team to check him on D4, then hey, there you go.

For b) Nat20 has only modded a handful of games so I want to do is go through the other games and see if they had confirmed masons and, if so, how they flipped. Confirmed is usually (always?) part of the role if they are mod confirmed, so I'd expect that to be present in the flip. It wasn't.

Birb and 50 are town, and iirc Little Mac was one of the few people that expressed initial skepticism of the whole "oh no we're good guys now, promise!" stunt mord pulled, so I lean town on him, too.

Hey Mord, can your team still detect androids or not? If so can you scan me to prove I’m not an android and end this

I do but it won't help us solve anything. True to my character I'm a hider. The night Birdstrike tracked me I didn't activate it because that was the same day I had asked Mord's team to investigate me to prove that I was a human. Which would have been a silly thing to bluff

Depends on if Cell needs to be the one to kill them or not

I do agree that we should have 2 attempts at this. So it's not as stressful as it was yesterday

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's a bit harder to find an sk via post history because it's in their best interest to find scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I reread Crazy to see if there was a slip but I didn’t see it. I can’t see any flavour reason for cell being in a masonry anyway

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
going on a bush walk bbl

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Crazyeyes posted:

##vote No Lynch

Yo Crazyeyes you haven’t voted since D3. What’s up with that?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Smart was an awful target to kill last night though. I find it so unlikely cell would target them.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
What’s the alternative play then? Hope to mislynch today but they’d still be out numbered. Unless there’s an alt wincon we don’t know of

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

50 pounds of bread posted:

Smart was an awful target to kill last night though. I find it so unlikely cell would target them.

that’s why I think they were charging an ability, so to speak

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I looked back over fiddy, everything he’s said is consistent with 18 turning town by visiting him, and willie’s abortive confession backs that up. That wouldn’t have happened if he was Cell.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Definitely not voting fiddy or Little Mac, probably not going to vote Crazy.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Why not watch one of us tonight and lynch the other one. 50 could protect birb if you want to be extra super safe. If we get the SK the game is over and we win. If the other moves you’ve got them; if they don’t lynch them anyway

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Actually if the other doesn’t move and someone still dies you know it can’t be them

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Cell could have a ninja ability though. From fiddy’s result he’s definitely got a strongman kill.

Or he might not show up as visiting someone because he’s doing something else, idk

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Maybe but you have confirmed towns. So at some point it’s just not going to work. SK not killing someone last night worsens their odds of winning so I’m forced to conclude they went after me

We can try to guess an alt wincon but let’s be honest there’s nothing to base it on and the SK certainly isn’t going to come clean

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
In the last dbz mafs Goku as scum had the ability to strongman and ninja kill with a cool down, so it could be something similar here.

Frieda’s destroy the planet ability was announced to the thread so it seems unlikely that Cell was charging up something similar here.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
IRSmart has sounded pretty townie and effortful lately but its hard for me to vote chaoslord (even if he is a mailbox head!)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh hey deadline is tonight, cool

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I am not sure if lurker guns are going to be handed out today with it being D8 since we will definitely get within 12 hours of the deadline, but I am going to be heading to a plant soon and then reffing soccer tonight and since the awful app is being, well, awful, I am going to post my order of ranking of the 5 non me players from least scum to most scum to get to 10, put my vote down, and hope for the best.

I understand I'm probably the right lynch from everyone else's seat today, so no big deal. I think we are in a pretty good position anyway, assuming only 1 scum left.

Also, I know some folks (in general, I don't know if anyone in this thread believes this) would subscribe to the mafs theory that we should no lynch to get to an odd number of players, but IMO with probably only one scum left I think the best bet is to lynch today, NK takes us to 4, and no-lynch there to get to 3 if scum chooses to kill again.

Ok! Gonna start my list now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

5. Crazyeyes

Although he didn't flip as "confirmed mason", he flipped as "Best Friend", which in the last DBZ game was a confirmed town masonry role that also didn't flip confirmed town. Definitely town. He has only posted 3 times in April though, which is a shame.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

4. Birdstrike

Has responded to the birb signal and helped town. Tracked a player to a kill in addition to tracking 50 to 50 last night.

The paranoid side of me is saying "But what if birb decided to bus his teammate then track last night so he could pretend to be hunting still?????" but imo that is a very dumb theory.

Birb town.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

3. 50 pounds of bread

Pros: Tracked to self last night, so probably has a doctor ability because I can't think of many other roles that self target

Cons: Still hasn't produced their list of docs which seems weird to me when we're well past full claim stage (I think? I didnt see it but lord knows I could have missed it), I generally find them shady

50 probably town

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

2. Little Mac

The last two were the hardest to decide on. I put Little Mac here because his empower ability granted Kaio ken which leads me to believe he probably is King Kai. So, yeah, it's basically a flavor case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

1. ##vote I R SMART LIKE ROCK

I don't particularly find him scummy but here's where I"m landing. It looks like he called his shot with his power by asking to be investigated, but we now know that was the scum team so could have been a coordinated thing? IDK. Any time I've ever been hider I have hid every night because it's effectively a self-super doc every night so as a town player I'd rather be alive to give my reads than risk my neck to possibly be investigated. But that could be a difference of play style so it's not really proof of anything.

:siren:I R SMART:siren:, have you hidden every night other than the night you were tracked?

:siren:50 lbs:siren: I doubt you would have doc'd him during the game, but after I R SMART answers, could you at least give a yes/no on if it matches up with your action list?

• Locked thread