Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Asiina posted:

If you guys go all the way to deadline, there's a good chance I'll fall asleep before then, so if I do no posting and I'll get to it in the morning.

morning will never come. tonight is the final night of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
Christ there's no time left. No one is even going to show up. I'd have liked some more discussion, but oh well. Here's hoping Nat 20 isn't getting a flawless scum victory.

##vote flerp

Votecount for Day 3

sentimental snail (1): Lando131
flerp (1): Natural 20

Not Voting (4): Atomic Soda, flerp, Nep-Nep, sentimental snail

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 11th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 38 minutes.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

The irony of posting votefinder along with a vote that changes the votecount.

Votecount for Day 3

flerp (2): Natural 20, Lando131
sentimental snail (0): Lando131, Lando131

Not Voting (4): Atomic Soda, flerp, Nep-Nep, sentimental snail

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 11th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 36 minutes.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

flerp posted:

im leaning towards AS because i've felt like they've been posting weird this game, and i feel like they've been p under the radar and i believe scum have been using that in order to hide

on d1, there's this vote that pings me

it feels very scummy for a lot of reasons. first, is that AS doesnt really talk about lando before hand, except to say that he was "flopping." the vote, too, feels scummy because the goodnight makes me feel like they just want to get lando killed instead of trying to find scum. its hard to explain, but this vote makes me feel like it's riding the wave of lando, rather than being a genuine attempt to find scum. note that this vote put lando at -2.

this post (im not quoting the entire thing because it's kind of long and looks bad in a quote, feel free to read it over) looks like an actual case but when you read it, AS doesnt really make any calls here. they just restate what sharkie was saying, but doesn't make an alignment call about shark. they say theyre torn, but it still feels like a lot of words that ultimately say nothing.

my problem with AS is that a lot of their posts have a lot of quotes and words, but they ultimately dont seem like theyre doing much. they can back and forth a lot, and even in the nep nep case here (dont want this post to get bloated with big long quotes)

they complain about nep-nep's wordiness, but nep-nep still makes calls on what they think whereas AS ends up just not saying a whole lot and seems to be posting to look engaged vs actually trying to find scum.

this is AS "case" on bminus, which again, is just a summary of the posts that lead AS to believe bminus is "suss." this seemed to be AS's biggest scum read on d2, but AS doesnt seem to be able to (or willing) to explain why these quotes are scummy. i really do feel like, overall, AS has been posting to seem engaged, but when you actually read what they're saying, it's just mostly a few comments and very few actual reads on people. it feels like a scum player being like "oh gently caress i have to make cases on people" but cant muster up the ability to genuinely case somebody. overall, i feel like they're likely to be scum. not gonna vote obv

also i know AS said they were going to sleep so i dont want this to seem like im purposefully casing AS at a time where they cant respond. this is just one of the few times where im able to be properly a part of this game.

i do also want to say that the deadline is in like 7 hours, which feels a lot shorter than the previous one, just so everyone is aware.

i don't know how you can say i've been under the radar after day 2, and my post count belies this.

when nep nep cased me earlier, you where suss of n20 and nep nep about it, but now you are calling out that i've been posting weird which is your first callout of me this game i think.

what was your case for voting bminus again flerp? i can only find "he was naming people w/o casing," which is one of the things i mentioned in my post as being suss.

all good on the casing it is unavoidable! just dont kill me w/o a chance to claim (currently irrelevant).

probably flerp and snail for scum

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I am back as promised. I see we have 2 votes on flerp and AS is here. I'm assuming snail is here or at least active. That means scum has had the opportunity to mislynch flerp but didn't. This makes flerp the best vote at this point and we do not have much time.

Any objections?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
nope agreed nep nep

happy to leave it for another half hour though, i'll be here till day end.

i hope sure hope scum doesn't end up being you and n20 tho

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Atomic Soda posted:

nope agreed nep nep

happy to leave it for another half hour though, i'll be here till day end.

i hope sure hope scum doesn't end up being you and n20 tho

I'm can see how nat20 could've put his vote down to make a correct vote harder, but at this point it's just conjecture. I don't see a way to prove it.

I went over flerp one last time real quick and something jumped out at me. I pointed at him as my first choice to vote and this was part of his response.

flerp posted:

this is also coming off of dbz mafia where town quick lynched like every single day and that bit them in the rear end a lot, so ive been overly cautious with my vote.

AS, you and I were in that game. The three of us were all town, so why did he say "that bit them in the rear end?"

I think flerp subconsiously separated himself from town and didn't catch himself because he was talking about a past game.

I'm going for it and sorry if we lose.

##vote flerp

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I'm vaguely amused everyone is okay with flerp getting lynched. If flerp is scum, the other scum is clearly out for themself.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Also in case it's not obvious: Snail or AS, whichever of you is town actually needs to vote. It requires all 4 town votes to lynch a scum. Right now the scum lurking to a nolynch is by far their best choice.

I'm also curious if flerp has anything to say.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Lando131 posted:

Also in case it's not obvious: Snail or AS, whichever of you is town actually needs to vote. It requires all 4 town votes to lynch a scum. Right now the scum lurking to a nolynch is by far their best choice.

I'm also curious if flerp has anything to say.

i'm going to vote for flerp but im interested in the same thing you are. we have half an hour left.

if everyone is over it can just hammer tho

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I mostly want to hammer before Asiina goes to sleep so we get the flip tonight. It might be too late, though.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
ok is pretty close to deadline ##vote flerp

please let me vote correctly just once this game, mafia gods

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

:redhammer:
Votecount for Day 3

flerp (4): Natural 20, Lando131, Nep-Nep, Atomic Soda

Not Voting (2): flerp, sentimental snail

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 11th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 25 minutes.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

flerp (4): Natural 20, Lando131, Nep-Nep, Atomic Soda

Not Voting (2): flerp, sentimental snail

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 11th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 24 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flerp, Sirrus, Scum Godfather was brought to justice D3.

It is now N3.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Lando131, Stoneship, Town Doctor collapsed N3.

It is now D4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (4): Atomic Soda, Natural 20, Nep-Nep, sentimental snail

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 14th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 12 hours.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

:ghost: Bring it home for me, Town. :clint: :ghost:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
once again, sorry for being absent when it mattered. the call I was on had shifted back to me, and it turned into an nightmare disaster that went overnight. thankfully not due to any error on my or my client's side.

Lando131 posted:

Christ there's no time left. No one is even going to show up. I'd have liked some more discussion, but oh well. Here's hoping Nat 20 isn't getting a flawless scum victory.

##vote flerp

I realize the likely outcome of this will be me dying and town losing, but I was holding off voting hoping people would show and assuming that I would be available. it would be absolute stupidity for scum to not hammer in that situation.

I don't see it being nep. if it's nep, I'm blinded by the newness.

full disclosure, I can still see nat20 coming out hard with a plan to bus flerp while setting me up for the next day. but I think this is unlikely as I mostly have issues with things like tone and that read like scum thinking. I think that is affecting my view of everything nat20 is saying as a result, and that's why I can't shake the feeling despite his actions being objectively pro town

Natural 20 posted:

And now flerp is coming out against AS.

Why do I think that's key? Broadly because I think as scum a tactic you'll often run is to raise suspicion on your scumbud if you don't think they're a lunch possibility. Scum were baited fairly strongly last night so the day before probably wanted to cast doubt on each other to create a LYLO situation where they could reasonably seem to criticise each other whilst hoping a town player would misvote.

I think they're scumbuds, AS is the patsy they need us to lunch today to win.

##vote Flerp someone of Lando or Nep feel free to add on. If we're wrong, they scumrush us and it's gg, if we're right there's a good chance we take the w.

I'm thinking that nat20 is close to hitting the nail here. I think flerp was bussing soda, knowing that soda was a very unlikely target to be executed compared to me, especially after being cased by scum in the event that flerp flipped. even if flerp accidentally took down soda, flerp would get the win over me the next day for bagging scum.

I want to go back and read things in relation to flerp, but I'm going to wait until I'm not on my phone to do much more

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

sentimental snail posted:

I realize the likely outcome of this will be me dying and town losing, but I was holding off voting hoping people would show and assuming that I would be available. it would be absolute stupidity for scum to not hammer in that situation.

I can think of a reason scum would not want to hammer. With two night kills, if they could avoid targeting whoever lando would protect, that would end the game immediately instead of the remaining scum having to survive up to two days to win. That essentially turns the game into a night action gamble, but the odds would have been in their favor.

Flerp did turn out to be scum, and he didn't seem to work on actually defending himself, so I don't think he would have helped us vote for someone else. If flerp's partner were AS, she could've just not come back. Nat20's vote was already down and with flerp seemingly having given up, I don't think he would have helped us vote anyone else either. After the no lynch, even if they didn't win immediately, the other scum player could've downplayed why they weren't present. It would be suspicious but it wouldn't be enough to make an airtight case, either.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Basically.

We know Lando lied about his doc to protect himself.

A smart scum team would have known that he almost certainly didn't have the ability to perma protect himself.

Therefore a smart scum team would have known one kill target.

With an NL on one of them they could have taken the game to at worst, 5 alive with 2 scum going and at best just won the game straight up.

Basically scum choosing to lunch flerp would have been an absolutely stupid and insane strategy under any metric of the game.

Like if AS is scum congratulations you won the game through the most needlessly stupid and complicated method I've ever seen.

That leaves me with one person who must be scum.

##vote Sentimental Snail

Good game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Nep-Nep posted:

I can think of a reason scum would not want to hammer. With two night kills, if they could avoid targeting whoever lando would protect, that would end the game immediately instead of the remaining scum having to survive up to two days to win. That essentially turns the game into a night action gamble, but the odds would have been in their favor.

Flerp did turn out to be scum, and he didn't seem to work on actually defending himself, so I don't think he would have helped us vote for someone else. If flerp's partner were AS, she could've just not come back. Nat20's vote was already down and with flerp seemingly having given up, I don't think he would have helped us vote anyone else either. After the no lynch, even if they didn't win immediately, the other scum player could've downplayed why they weren't present. It would be suspicious but it wouldn't be enough to make an airtight case, either.

that's a fair point. lando already bested them once though, and personally I wouldn't risk gambling on night actions. a while back, there was a game where I was the only killer. at 4 people left alive, I killed the one that was posting the least despite it putting me in a worse position (and I lost in lylo).

I'm not sure what you're getting at with regards to flerp helping vote for anyone else. if a town member had momentum on them instead of flerp, I'm sure he would've piled on instead of fading away. I also don't believe soda is the type of person that would just not come back, even as scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Natural 20 posted:

Basically.

We know Lando lied about his doc to protect himself.

A smart scum team would have known that he almost certainly didn't have the ability to perma protect himself.

Therefore a smart scum team would have known one kill target.

With an NL on one of them they could have taken the game to at worst, 5 alive with 2 scum going and at best just won the game straight up.

Basically scum choosing to lunch flerp would have been an absolutely stupid and insane strategy under any metric of the game.

Like if AS is scum congratulations you won the game through the most needlessly stupid and complicated method I've ever seen.

That leaves me with one person who must be scum.

##vote Sentimental Snail

Good game.

well, either I should've just gone with my meta read on you despite naysayers, or your face is gonna be so red!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

a while back, there was a game where I was the only killer. at 4 people left alive, I killed the one that was posting the least despite it putting me in a worse position (and I lost in lylo).

kinda left out the point here: I think it makes for a better game to settle these things in the thread vs night actions.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

I'm not sure what you're getting at with regards to flerp helping vote for anyone else.

Of course flerp would come help scum win the game if he had the chance. I meant there's no way he'd suddenly help vote for his partner at the end if a no lynch can be scored instead.

kinda left out the point here: I think it makes for a better game to settle these things in the thread vs night actions.

I can respect not wanting to win the game in a way you wouldn't find satisfying, but what you said was that it would be stupid for the scum team to no lynch.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
a silly snail once sang a song to some suspicious town
the snail said "see, i can't be scum so lets take soda down"
but sadly for the snail, while he sang and beat his drum
town saw through his snaily stunt and knew that he was scum.

##vote snail

Lando131 posted:

:ghost: Bring it home for me, Town. :clint: :ghost:

:yeah:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
##vote Sentimental Snail

Let's see how it ends then.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

sentimental snail (3): Natural 20, Atomic Soda, Nep-Nep

Not Voting (1): sentimental snail

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 14th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sentimental Snail, Everdunes, Vanilla Town collapsed D4.

--

Atomic Soda, Mechanical, Vanilla Town collapsed N4.

--

Natural20, Channelwood, Vanilla Town was endgamed.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWJPC11eAU

Nep-Nep, Achenar, Scum Ninja was freed and left to destroy many other Ages.

Scum wins!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

bowmore posted:

if the scum isn't snail
then scum team is Nep-Nep and flerp

b-minus1 posted:

wow this is exactly how i feel tbh. there has to be at least one scum among nep-nep and flerp.

bowmore: :cheers: :hfive:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i got away with way too much lurking this game lol

good job nep nep carrying my terrible scum rear end!!!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yep, my reads were on point

if only work didn’t get in the way of posting

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm scum! I was scum all along! I can finally say it. Feels good.

Natural 20 posted:

I came up with that plan and pushed for flerp first on d3 (without asking or consulting him to get a real reaction) specifically for the same reasoning you just provided. It's such a stupid and insane plan, you'd never think I went for it! We had a plan for how today was supposed to go from there, but we didn't need it.

The most nervewracking part was when Bowmore came back at the end of day 2. My brain straight up shut down and I didn't even know what to think. By the way, Bowmore deserved to be the cop because he's the Ace Detective:

bowmore posted:

if the scum isn't snail

then scum team is Nep-Nep and flerp

He was totally right! I turned white as a sheet when he posted that.

Flerp wasn't highly active in the game but behind the scenes he was a great partner. Because of my inexperience I wasn't going to attack lando last night but he assured me it was gonna be okay if I did, and I followed through on that. Great call flerp!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This was my first time playing scum and I have to say I didn't think I'd feel so guilty going in. Arguing in bad faith all the time is stressful! We were so lucky too flipping the town roles when they did. Should've bought a lottery ticket.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

bowmore posted:

yep, my reads were on point

if only work didn’t get in the way of posting

well the game basically came to a halt after we died. everyone just stopped posting for some reason. i couldn't believe it took over 24 hours to lunch flerp yesterday.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Nep-Nep posted:

This was my first time playing scum and I have to say I didn't think I'd feel so guilty going in. Arguing in bad faith all the time is stressful! We were so lucky too flipping the town roles when they did. Should've bought a lottery ticket.

yeah you played a fantastic scum game. nice job.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nep-Nep posted:

You did well, congrats

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

holy poo poo, fantastic job, Nep-Nep

I was CERTAIN it was snail!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'd be mad but you played an amazing game nep nep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Thanks for the praise, it was a very hard game you all had me on edge the whole time! I was telling the truth about my reason for d3 inactivity btw, I don't like lying about stuff outside the game. Oh, I also want to share, I scumslipped:

Nep-Nep posted:

Now lando is confirmed town, and while that doesn't clear AS by itself, I'm not sold.

This was after Lando's doctor claim and I'm the kind of person who would at least consider Bowmore and Atomic Soda as possible doctors with Lando taking a gambit, but I slipped and said this because I knew he was town! If you ever see me do this again just turbo me.

• Locked thread