Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Great now I'll always be thinking to myself "if Howard the Duck gets a 4k release, why the hell doesn't *insert literally any movie*?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Spatulater bro! posted:

Great now I'll always be thinking to myself "if Howard the Duck gets a 4k release, why the hell doesn't *insert literally any movie*?!"

Manos?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Space_Butler posted:

Happy for blu-ray.com to be back up so I can once again experience such hard whiplash from 4k announcement listings like this.

I'm not sure how much more Hi-Def I can handle for this one.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’d buy Manos in 4K provided it’s based off of the really nice blu-ray that got Kickstarted a while back.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Basebf555 posted:

I'm looking forward to Shout Factory's upcoming release of King Kong(1976). Apparently there's an extended cut that was only aired once on television with like almost an hour of additional footage.

Why would you want more of the 1976 King Kong?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

Why would you want more of the 1976 King Kong?

I loved the ride at Universal Studios

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Hell yes.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Just a reminder that the Manos blu-ray is one of the very few successful goon projects.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Thank goodness blu-ray.com is back up. How else am I going to tell everyone that I got the Region B version of the Criterion release of Kagemusha?

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

Sniep posted:

I'm not sure how much more Hi-Def I can handle for this one.

think of how good that neon would be in hdr

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

I don’t want to see Howard the Duck’s unsettling eyelids any clearer than I already have.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

John Romero posted:

:hmmyes:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I might be dumb enough to buy Howard the Duck on UHD. File it next to Roar or the rest of the Lucas stuff?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of problems with Howard the Duck, but it isn't the set design, costuming or cinematography. I think it'd look great on 4k UHD.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Casimir Radon posted:

I might be dumb enough to buy Howard the Duck on UHD. File it next to Roar or the rest of the Lucas stuff?

Roar is a fuckin’ wild ride. Those big cats do whatever they want and the camera just keeps rolling.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

John Romero posted:

Unfortunately the movie is still Howard the Duck.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

How long does Diabolikdvd usually take to ship?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Gripweed posted:

How long does Diabolikdvd usually take to ship?

i usually get a notification a day or two from release day that my order has been processed and here's some non-active tracking info. then like 2-3 days before it leaves their distro and into the USPS circulation.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Good Bad Ugly and House by the Cemetery 4Ks arrived today from DiabolikDVD. More Italian movies on 4K please.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

For anyone wondering about their easter Arrow sale orders from Grindhouse Video, this is on their home page:

quote:

Grindhouse Video will be closed for a short time. On 4/26 Paypal froze our account and all funds due to the Arrow Sale and the large amount of orders that came in even though we contacted them during the sale to avoid this situation. We cannot currently ship any packages due to the funds being frozen so instead of taking orders that we cannot fill at this time we are closing the site until the Paypal issue solved.

If you are looking for information about your Arrow Sale order, please know that we are (well, we were) working as fast as possible to ship all orders out. The issue with Paypal is going to make us miss our goal of having all orders out by May 7th. We will give further details once we are able to ship again.

We will not be answering phone calls at this time. If you need anything, please email us at info@grindhousevideo.com. Please do not email asking when your order will ship. We do not know at this time.

Local customers can still pick up their orders in the store Monday through Saturday from 11am to 6pm.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
am i able to play that new battle royale release in my ps5

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

John Romero posted:

am i able to play that new battle royale release in my ps5

Aside from the region 2 BR2, the UHD should have no region locks per the standard.

Spatulater bro! posted:

For anyone wondering about their easter Arrow sale orders from Grindhouse Video, this is on their home page:

WTF??? Why would PP do this? I’m not affected but how terrible!

Lastly, got my Arrow UHD of Donnie Darko. It fucks. Great grain. Colors look great. A bang up job for one of my guilty pleasures.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Speaking of Donnie Darko
https://twitter.com/arrowfilmsvideo/status/1387089098326921220?s=21

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Boywhiz88 posted:

Lastly, got my Arrow UHD of Donnie Darko. It fucks. Great grain. Colors look great. A bang up job for one of my guilty pleasures.

Have you checked the theatrical cut yet? Apparently it has some issues on some players:

e:fb

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just blind-bought the movie Coma for pretty cheap based solely on the :krad: trailer, how badly did I gently caress up?

https://youtu.be/9BHrWpvO_NY

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

hmm, there was like one instance of hitching I saw on my Sony player, but otherwise playback was great.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Theatrical cut of Donnie Darko is goosed for me.

Thankfully my copy of Elvira Mistress of the Dark owns.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just want to confess to a new personal low today. I bought a UHD and there were no copies on the shelf that has slipcovers, but the standard blu rays DID have slip covers so I took one off a regular blu ray and put it on the UHD.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Basebf555 posted:

Just want to confess to a new personal low today. I bought a UHD and there were no copies on the shelf that has slipcovers, but the standard blu rays DID have slip covers so I took one off a regular blu ray and put it on the UHD.

did it have a cut out for the UPC-A code or did you pay the blu-ray price lol :cop:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

It's ok, until you put a slipcover of a movie you already have onto a different movie you don't have yet so you can get the slip and a new movie.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Basebf555 posted:

That's hosed up dude. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sniep posted:

did it have a cut out for the UPC-A code or did you pay the blu-ray price lol :cop:

lol yea that did actually occur to me and I made sure it had the cut out for the proper UPC code. I wanted the slipcover but not enough to risk getting popped for shoplifting.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

what movie was it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

dorium posted:

what movie was it.

A New Hope.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I thought about shoplifting a slip cover for Star Trek into Darkness from a Half Price Books. It was a dark time for me.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I got my UHDs of Flash Gordon and Tremors the other day, thankfully before that whole PP mess

Flash Gordon - all the gold on the costumes really pop and sparkle. The crazy swirly aether (don’t know what else to call it) looks great too. There is some shoddy compositing on display but it’s not that distracting given the movie.

Tremors - most of the entire movie is shot outdoors in bright sunlight so it’s not too surprising it looks great. All the pebbles and stuff in the sand really highlight the detail available in 4K. The miniature shots really hold up too; none of them are very obvious. The matte painting of the cliff is by far the most glaring thing that stands out.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Basebf555 posted:

Mods???

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The slipcase won’t even match the format! It’ll say BD+DVD+Digital instead of UHD+BD+Digital.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Boywhiz88 posted:

The slipcase won’t even match the format! It’ll say BD+DVD+Digital instead of UHD+BD+Digital.

Don't care, I'm mainly after the practical benefit of the slipcase which is protecting the plastic on the actual case so it doesn't get that bubbling effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I always toss slipcases, except in cases like the steelbook Ultramans where the slipcase keeps the book in place or something