Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

We finally settled on a Brother MFC-L3770CDW and I might as well be trying to buy the horn off of a unicorn right now. Office Depot wants to act like they sell them for $499 but they just don't have them at all anywhere.

Have you checked Best Buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Earlier this year, my (small) office bought a Brother B+W MFC direct from Brother and we had to wait a month or so for it to get in stock and ship to us.

Paul MaudDib
May 2, 2006

"Tell me of your home world, Usul"

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Have you checked Best Buy?

yeah Best Buy has the best prices and they get shipments of printers every couple weeks

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Yeah there literally was a Best Buy next door. They had one on display but none available. Online, it is just grayed out; no option to wait. Now, I did not go over to customer service and try to finagle or anything. I was gunning for Office Depot because my rewards card would net me 10% there this month.

Edit: I don't know if I'd have any more luck trying various off numbers from that L3770 code. There's a 3710, a 3750 and stuff like that. My take from the effort post before are those would be older versions and probably be even more out of stock. Also, my wife really liked a Brother bluetooth-capable label printer that . . . also was out of stock.

Rocko Bonaparte fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Sep 10, 2022

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I just wonder what the First Lady's boobs are up to!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Yeah there literally was a Best Buy next door. They had one on display but none available. Online, it is just grayed out; no option to wait. Now, I did not go over to customer service and try to finagle or anything. I was gunning for Office Depot because my rewards card would net me 10% there this month.

Edit: I don't know if I'd have any more luck trying various off numbers from that L3770 code. There's a 3710, a 3750 and stuff like that. My take from the effort post before are those would be older versions and probably be even more out of stock.

I have the 3750, is basically identical to the 3770 except it lacks duplex scanning. I actually thought about upgrading to the 3770 but realized I was just incredibly lucky to have a 3750 on order, at a significant discount nonetheless because they apparently were ordered in droves by new WFH people at the start of the pandemic with heavy printing/scanning needs (me).

As far as I can tell supplies have never recovered.

If you can find one though, I could not make a higher recommendation, it is a solid small office level multifunction for the home, like, complete office level, with things like direct to email scanning, PDF creation and USB drive support without any computer attached.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

I was able to back order it on Office Depot today for some reason. It actually gave me the "add to cart" option and I jumped on that.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

The printer ended up showing up this week. It's been working real well so far but I have not pushed it. Printing from a cell phone makes me feel like I have finally caught up to the previous decade. I haven't seen how well it prints to B5.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Well I've tried to get it to print on some B5 and it's not working out very well. FoxIt keeps doing something that has it print the page 90 degrees. It also just won't do a double-sided print from it.

The print job was a map generated from a web site so I'm going to regenerate it from a normal page size, but I won't get a result from that until tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Has anyone run into anything weird with windows 10 and networking? I have a Brother HLL-3290CDW which my wifes PC seems to have trouble seeing with regularity. They are both connected to my home network via WAP 2.4ghz.

For some reason, her PC, even though it's on the same WAP 50/50 chance if it can print. Generally an error like it cannot see the printer or unresponsive or something. My PC which is connected to the network via a totally different method sees it without fail, as does my work PC downstairs.

I typically have to uninstall it on her PC, and the re-install it, which typically seems to work but it's quite annoying.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 9, 2022