Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

someone wants to correct my impeccable spelling they can make a goddamn pull request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Krankenstyle posted:

someone wants to correct my impeccable spelling they can make a goddamn pull request

god-drat*

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

cinci zoo sniper posted:

200 parallel join
100 gather merge
300 hash join
5E13 full scan
400 index scan
someone who is good at sql please help me execute this. my server is dying

lol

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Krankenstyle posted:

gonadic io posted:

- goddamn
+ god-drat

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wontfix, prescriptivists can gently caress off

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Krankenstyle posted:

wontfix, prescriptivists can gently caress off

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also if you gotta correct it, it should be damned, not just drat

dick traceroute
Feb 24, 2010

Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
Grimey Drawer
gosh dern

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I leave so many typos in my comments it's terrible. then I correct them and put typos in the commit messages about what I did.

basically, my typing sucks

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
i hope you're using a language where some automated tool can catch typos in the code itself before it runs

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
my posting rig is faster than yours

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

my new posting technique is unstoppable

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Krankenstyle posted:

is it shitposting

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cinci zoo sniper posted:

is it shitposting

... yes

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I leave so many typos in my comments it's terrible. then I correct them and put typos in the commit messages about what I did.

basically, my typing sucks
People complained about typos in my commit messages but then stopped when I started doing commit messages almost entirely in emoji

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

People complained about typos in my commit messages but then stopped when I started doing commit messages almost entirely in emoji

power move

i wish i could embed animated gifs in mine but i’ll settle for blowing up my coworkers’ inboxes with them in github comments

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i broke our build server for several hours once after committing a message with a unicode lambda

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i broke our build server for several hours once after committing a message with a unicode lambda

hell yea, lets try it here too

λ

also ƛ

e: aw shoot the forums are still up

mystes
May 31, 2006

i broke our build server for several hours once after committing a crime with a unicode lambda

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

lmao

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

Oneiros posted:

power move

i wish i could embed animated gifs in mine but i’ll settle for blowing up my coworkers’ inboxes with them in github comments

https://gitmoji.carloscuesta.me/ :v:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

look at all those idiots on the contributors page

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

same, but my char was💩

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I switched from FCC Block API to OpenStreetMap for getting the county data, as my placeholder until I get a more permanent solution like GIS in place. It's a lot less reliable and straightforward than FCC Block API for getting the county, as in sometimes the 'county' field is missing and I have to check the 'town' and 'city' fields to see if they have the word ' County' in them or they're in Virginia where there are independent cities. A few records out of 5,000 didn't have any county data at all, but it's better than nothing since the FCC API is still down.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

jesus christ

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
disappointing lack of 💅

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Soricidus posted:

i hope you're using a language where some automated tool can catch typos in the code itself before it runs

i tried that but it kept just deleting all the php files

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pokeyman posted:

disappointing lack of 💅

they accept pull requests ya know

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

did you just tell me to go gently caress myself?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

akadajet posted:

so does you're mom

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

so does you're mom

That's more of a push request.

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
is your mom a broken feature? cuz i heard a whitesnake cover band had her pulled off stage

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

kind of want to write an actual lambda containing lambda expression now

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
ctps:

at work we're doing a small go project on an rpi. seems like it's not the worst use case for the language, compiling to a single binary is kinda nice.

then i added a single utility library and now my pr is 200k lines jesus gently caress what a trash pile

plus when setting up my dockerfile it took me over an hour to find the right place to COPY the vendor files and the source files to. all the example go dockerfiles i saw just put it in /go but that doesn't loving work instead i need everything to be in /go/src/github.com/myapp/go or some bullshit to get the compiler to even turn on

gently caress i hate go. like the language feels deficient and dated but it's not the worst. but the tooling is just hostile

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
what is the advantage of compiling to a single binary if you're just going to stick it in a container anyway?

like i thought one of the big selling points of docker is that the basic unit of deployment is the image, not the file, so it doesn't make any difference if your program is one file or ten thousand files, the two behave exactly the same because docker encapsulates all that poo poo and you don't have to care about it.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Soricidus posted:

what is the advantage of compiling to a single binary if you're just going to stick it in a container anyway?

like i thought one of the big selling points of docker is that the basic unit of deployment is the image, not the file, so it doesn't make any difference if your program is one file or ten thousand files, the two behave exactly the same because docker encapsulates all that poo poo and you don't have to care about it.

command-line tools? like i've never had a use case for anything other than a static binary.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

maybe the container is where the compiler runs? otherwise you presumably wouldn’t need to copy poo poo for use with gopath

note: I have zero minutes' lifetime go experience so I may be horribly wrong!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah lots of people do their compiling inside of a container these days, i figured that's what gonadic io was referring to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
oh, fair enough. i mean i compile stuff inside containers too, but that's because i'm going to be deploying it in containers using the same base image and i want the compile environment to be as similar as possible to the deployment environment so i don't even have to care whether my thing is statically or dynamically linked.

it didn't even occur to me that you might compile stuff in a container and then deploy it the old-fashioned way