Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

zooted heh posted:

if the camp doesn't spawn you don't lose any money. I don't know why people keep saying this in this thread and on reddit. you only lose the money once your camp is down and then he picks it up.

If you try to spawn a camp and the set up camp option just switches from white to greyed out you didn't lose anything.

The problem is the camp gets "placed" and the icon goes white, you get charged the fee but you actually have to log in and out for the camp to actually appear. I waited a whole day in game and the camp never showed up after I paid the fee to move it, and it charged me for it being setup the next morning.

I get that if the camp moving process gets bugged and it disappears then you don't get paid but in this instance the camp moved but nothing spawned into the location it moved to. That'd the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only player online with no animal spawn issues. I'm playing on PC and am drowning in four-legged friends. Seriously, it's like a Disney movie here, with widdle bunny rabbits wrinkling their noses at me and majestic deer grazing peacefully in the valley. Maybe it's my 500+ hours in TheHunter: Call of the wild finally paying off?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Squirrel Burger posted:

me, tipping my hat on my criollo, blowing past all you losers who got the slow rear end war horses to protect you from animals that won't spawn

Ooooh I want to be this.

Also, people say that the Arabian is the most skittish of all horse breed... but my newbie cheapo red arabian still hasn't bucked me off once in Online (in singleplayer it was buck-off-fest all the time on my white arabian), never got spooked in gunfights, and I even managed to keep it calm when a grizzly bear charged us.

If the Criollo is even slightly more brave than the arabian, it's a perfectly fine horse, and I'm not going to give away speeeeeeed for some extra health. I mean I'd love a horse that just never bucks you off like the Kladruber, but not at the cost of speed since it already takes forever to go around the map

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Freudian slippers posted:

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only player online with no animal spawn issues. I'm playing on PC and am drowning in four-legged friends. Seriously, it's like a Disney movie here, with widdle bunny rabbits wrinkling their noses at me and majestic deer grazing peacefully in the valley. Maybe it's my 500+ hours in TheHunter: Call of the wild finally paying off?

I'll feel that way on PS4 sometimes, and then get surprised when I see the server is full when I check to see if other players are online. Then the game disconnects.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

i am harry posted:

Why do I always show info on them despite the fact that they’re always poo poo like I’m expecting Rockstar to put something in the game worth finding?

definitely seems like a missed opportunity, in singleplayer at least, not to have all breeds be rare spawns so there's a reason to go horse hunting

it's not like money is ever an issue and you can get a guaranteed arabian in chapter 2 anyway so why not have the option to stumble across a missouri fox trotter if you're lucky?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Animal spawns seem better for me after the latest patch.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Uuuuuhhhh....

:captainpop:

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

shes just friendly

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I changed my control settings to Standard FPS and I think I’m going to like it better in the long run, but it does feel a little sluggish. Is there some sort of auto-run? I want my left stick to have that light jog speed by default and clicking it in once to sprint.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
OK, hosed up trader deliveries twice last night. (Gotta pay more attention to the road and not the gunfight, and the train tracks are not the best option for wagons.) First one, the wreck was right down by the fishing shack where you start the Legendary Fish questline in SP, and the goods?

Valentine. Behind the bank. And apparently underground, according to the marker.

Second was the train tracks, about halfway between Rhodes and Flatneck, and the goods were *right there*. Even had enough time to deliver to St Denis, come back, and grab the second parcel. (Thank you horse coke.) Sooooo, I'm thinking it's a spawn issue. Is there a way to immediately abandon a delivery mission, or is it just let the clock run out?

The little punkass The Boy at Flatneck had me murdering another player as his mission, which led to some trading of deaths until I said "gently caress it" and horsed off, because I wanted to do more bounty hunting.

Speaking of which, Turbo Asshaul mode is not just for horses! Twice, I had the bounty run *on foot* from the camp, and at full cross-country gallop only caught up after more than a minute-to-two of chase. Ruined chuch at Bolger Glade? Yeah, she made it all the way to the loving west coast at Braithwaite.

Totally forgot a :wtf: from the most recent patch: logged in, went to do a bounty - and *all* my Express ammo was gone, and everything defaulted to Explosive. So much for the "alive" bonus. Had to rebuy my stocks from the catalog. :argh:

Animals still seem sparse as hell - they seem to start spawning again maybe 10-15 minutes after logging in. Unless, of course, I'm making a delivery...

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

PaybackJack posted:

The problem is the camp gets "placed" and the icon goes white, you get charged the fee but you actually have to log in and out for the camp to actually appear. I waited a whole day in game and the camp never showed up after I paid the fee to move it, and it charged me for it being setup the next morning.

I get that if the camp moving process gets bugged and it disappears then you don't get paid but in this instance the camp moved but nothing spawned into the location it moved to. That'd the issue.

ah. I haven't had that happened to me yet. I usually get the camp placement bug where it's just greyed out. most if the time though when I log into a camp from the main menu it works.

The update really hosed the online up and it's just nuts to me like others have said in this thread how rockstar hasn't fixed this and the animal spawning which is 90% of the entire game play online.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Ygolonac posted:

Totally forgot a :wtf: from the most recent patch: logged in, went to do a bounty - and *all* my Express ammo was gone, and everything defaulted to Explosive. So much for the "alive" bonus. Had to rebuy my stocks from the catalog. :argh:

That happened to me too! All of a sudden I was all out of ammo in the middle of a mission (because you can carry less explosive ammo than regular). Jeeez, Rockstar..

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I know it's a huge game with a lot of moving parts but God drat they were really premature in removing "beta" from the red dead online, obviously so they could start pushing gold bars. The amount of annoying loving bugs and spawn issues that keep happening are killing my desire to keep playing.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

feels like a lot of these problems could be fixed just by limiting lobbies to 16 players?

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Logged in this morning and went to the nearest town. The butcher was standing on top of a barrel and wasn't "prompting". I thought it might just be an issue due to that, so I went to the gun shop and the same thing happened. It finally worked again once I fast travelled elsewhere.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

feels like a lot of these problems could be fixed just by limiting lobbies to 16 players?

Possibly? Infinite loading has been the most annoying for me personally and I don't think its related to lobby size. Just frustrating because a lot of times it does feel like I'm doing testing for them and paying for the privilege. But then the roughly 70% of the time that everything's good is a hell of a lot of fun.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Or 20. There is no problem with animals spawning with a lobby of 20.

Side note I once saw my lobby grow to 28 so that’s a thing when normally it hangs around 24-25 people.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ygolonac posted:

OK, hosed up trader deliveries twice last night. (Gotta pay more attention to the road and not the gunfight, and the train tracks are not the best option for wagons.) First one, the wreck was right down by the fishing shack where you start the Legendary Fish questline in SP, and the goods?

Valentine. Behind the bank. And apparently underground, according to the marker.

Are you on PC? My friend got accosted by a modder who teleported to him, blew up his wagon, and then teleported the bags of product to that basement in Valentine. Unless it's an incredibly coincidental bug that your bags also ended up there.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Had an exciting new bug.

Short Trader mission takes me to Blackwater. I get there without incident and proceed to kill off the bandits assaulting the checkpoint. They’re all dead but the music is still playing. Kill all the bandits the game keeps telling me. I notice my radar is red to the north. I start running north. Still red to the north. Keep running and then swimming. Still red to the north. I whistle for my horse. The music is still playing. I ride north. I am halfway to Valentine when the last bandit appears and starts shooting. He is headless. I kill him. Mission passed.

Red Dead online is a horror game. We are displaced spirits who cannot die, cursed to roam the wild frontier and shoot one another for sport. Madam Nazar is a medium who binds us to her will to find lost trinkets. Everyone gets a Cripps.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

TorakFade posted:

Uuuuuhhhh....

:captainpop:

The Equining Game

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
I've not run in to many bugs playing online so far, but yesterday there was a tarot card in a little stables/barn type building sitting on a window sill that I couldn't pick up. Could press the button when prompted, but nothing happened. Was the last one I needed for the set too. :( Couldn't pick up the bottle of moonshine next to it either until I shot it off its perch.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A couple of times I've experienced getting high hostility from shooting a bunch of wolves. Is this mod menu fuckery or just a bug?

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

FuturePastNow posted:

Are you on PC? My friend got accosted by a modder who teleported to him, blew up his wagon, and then teleported the bags of product to that basement in Valentine. Unless it's an incredibly coincidental bug that your bags also ended up there.

PC, but my cart wrecks are all skillz on my part.

There's a basement there? Might have to poke around, I've never found one in Valentine.

Got some actual play done last night - Cripps had set camp on that little island in the middle of Heartland Overflow, and there was a small-but-contant spawning of deer/horse/coyotes, plus assorted birbs. Finish eating my stew, turn around, hey, a couple deep across the way. Shoot 'em, one on the horse and one on my back ( I can't seem to reliably lasso corpses), run back and donate, turn around.. five coyotes. Repeat for about 90 minutes, with the odd moonshine encounter or supply run.

Two completed 'shine runs, with one infinite-load in between. Plus, Maggie hates her some Feds, because that was all she was giving me. One was drat near all the way to Tumbleweed, from my shack south of the "I" in New Austin on the map, but there was an unmanned roadblock partway there - which spawned revenooers after I passed and before I could skin the pronghorn I shot. Cue a bunch of dead Feds and a *very* short clock to beat. (Less than 20 seconds when I arrived, which reset to 5 minutes or so to clear the roadblock).

Random still-killer mission popped at the Legendary Fish quest fishing shack - rolled up, killed everyone - oooh, red incoming! Turned out to be Feds.

Players being dicks: one stood at the fast-travel post in Armadillo, to murder people showing up and then booking out. Another showed up to a coyote I'd wounded, stood there for a moment, then decided to go go Fist City on the sombrero-clad lady who'd already pulled out her knife to finish the 'yote. Poor life choice. :ese:

Did play with the hunting wagon a bit. Heaving gator skins and other critters in was kinda nice, but drat it seems to accelerate easy. Also found that, having called it and drive right into place to get that stupid egg out of the tree? You can't climb *onto* it. :smith: Guess I gotta jack something else, because I want that drat egg.

Bountied some, got a dude on a moving train up near Window Rock, threw him off... but not far enough, because squish. Followed by horseing up and down those nasty narrow cliff trails near Fort Wallace, only to find that I should have just looked at the map, and driven the train up near the Bacchus Station bridge because that's where the prison wagon was.

Bounty from Emerald Station: go the the stockyards in Valentine. Deliver to... the Valentine sheriff. :v:

All in all, a fairly decenty evening - even with the one infinite load and two disconnects.

Edit: even ran into a wolf! Wolf ran into my buckshot.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

a couple nights ago it was wolftown in tall trees. i must have run into 3-4 packs with one pack having 5 wolves

pretty sure it was not a "donate 3 deadly predators" challenge day

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I had a good run tonight. Was on for about 5 hours of uninterrupted play with no disconnects, saw quite a bit of game and got in some good hunting. Found a great use for the hunting wagon with the Gator encounter near the marshes, 5 Gators around a woman on a cart turned into 4 perfect pelts and one good one.

I even had a good experience with a hacker when they spawned a not unreasonable amount of bears into the Fool's Gold event. 10 people running around trying to kill each other while also having to fend off a half dozen or so bears was good times. The winner was most likely the hacker since they had a pretty large gap of points between themselves and everyone else but it was pretty fun trying to take people down while also trying to avoid bears. I decided the best way to go into those events is to just use the knife, which is pretty awful for player killing in most scenarios, but I'd rather not waste the ammo and I always join those things when I have the varmint rifle in my 2nd slot rather than the shotgun. Needless to say, knives are not good against bears either.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They should make an event which is a foot race from one place to another and it just spawns a gently caress load of large predators and you gotta get through them.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Hihohe posted:

They should make an event which is a foot race from one place to another and it just spawns a gently caress load of large predators and you gotta get through them.

Call it THE GAUNTLET and remake the Frazetta poster for the movie using in-game assets - wrecked wagon instead of the bus, male lead with a LeMat or sawed-off, female lead with a hatchet, and a surrounding cast of toothy critters.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Ygolonac posted:

There's a basement there? Might have to poke around, I've never found one in Valentine.

A locked room under a building, you enter it to do something in single player but it's inaccessible online. So modders apparently like to trap people or hide their stuff in there.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flakey posted:

I've not run in to many bugs playing online so far, but yesterday there was a tarot card in a little stables/barn type building sitting on a window sill that I couldn't pick up. Could press the button when prompted, but nothing happened. Was the last one I needed for the set too. :( Couldn't pick up the bottle of moonshine next to it either until I shot it off its perch.

Wait until you try and grab an Egret egg.

I run into a bug every 5 minutes in Online. It's really loving bad.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 18, 2020

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Man, that ending. Fantastic

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I like going into a saloon and everyone's standing on chairs

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

A guy’s mic started going off after we finished a fishing challenge and it was his mom yelling at him about marshmallows, so I lassoed his motionless body on the way past and dragged him into the lake. :shobon:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I stepped into a paddle boat and it launched me 50 ft into the air. Luckily I landed in the water and survived.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Ygolonac posted:

Did play with the hunting wagon a bit. Heaving gator skins and other critters in was kinda nice, but drat it seems to accelerate easy. Also found that, having called it and drive right into place to get that stupid egg out of the tree? You can't climb *onto* it. :smith: Guess I gotta jack something else, because I want that drat egg.

Shoot the nest with the varmint rifle and let gravity do the rest.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

I was riding around in defensive mode and someone started taking random potshots at me when I was crossing a river on a resupply mission. I got into cover and took him out with my Caracano rifle, then ambushed him with my Dual Lemats when he was riding up the road after respawning. Gunned him down one more time with my Caracano to let him know messing with people in defensive is a bad idea and he finally parleyed.

:clint:

I checked his level figuring he was a newbie that didn't know about the mode... he was 106. IDG why anyone would attack a defensive mode player, the deck is heavily stacked against you and then they get to hunt your rear end down with impunity.

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 18, 2020

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Zesty posted:

Wait until you try and grab an Egret egg.

I run into a bug every 5 minutes in Online. It's really loving bad.

The first time I tried to get an egg out of a tree it wouldn't come down and I've not bothered with eggs since. :v:

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Hakarne posted:

I was riding around in defensive mode and someone started taking random potshots at me when I was crossing a river on a resupply mission. I got into cover and took him out with my Caracano rifle, then ambushed him with my Dual Lemats when he was riding up the road after respawning. Gunned him down one more time with my Caracano to let him know messing with people in defensive is a bad idea and he finally parleyed.

:clint:

I checked his level figuring he was a newbie that didn't know about the mode... he was 106. IDG why anyone would attack a defensive mode player, the deck is heavily stacked against you and then they get to hunt your rear end down with impunity.

Lately every player in defensive mode that I've met has attacked me. Usually by being sneaky and trying to shoot me, in the back or from cover, after waving and nodding head. They're usually easy enough to kill and chase away so I'm assuming they're new players that haven't gotten into the groove of rdo yet.

In your specific case it's most likely boredom. You know, some men just want to watch the world burn. But maybe that guy has just gotten enough of the defensive poo poo and has started to shoot on sight?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What am I supposed to do? I and my wife have not been able to play 15 continuous minutes of Red Dead Online ever since the game out on PC. There's no point in hunting or getting carcasses or anything, it can all be lost at a moments notice whenever the game pleases? How is it possible that this 80 dollar game we bought twice won't allow us to loving play it?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

is there any way to make ponchos and bandoliers not float a foot off my characters chest? i've seen videos where they look like they fit so i assume it's possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cool new :rockstar: bugs: Not being able to pitch camp at all, anywhere, or start delivery of a finished batch of moonshine.