Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Oh God I completed a bunch of collections and SO MUCH MONEY AND XP

got to club rank 100, the entire outlaw pass content is mine :toot: some things are useless but some are very nice. The husky is so :3:

Also since I was absolutely flush, I went off and spent a bunch of money. Pimped out my bolt-action, bought a LeMat and a Navy, and finally got the Nacogdoches saddle + 2/2 stirrups and a max level Criollo.

It's fantastic how it just flies through the map. In case of predators she's pretty skittish, true, but when I spot a red dot I just make her zoom, then I turn around and my bolt action goes boom. Problem solved! :)

What's everybody using for abilities? I've got Iron Lung and Peak Condition to capitalize on my always full stamina, the third slot I alternate Horsemen/Landon's patience for freeroaming/doing gunfights; for dead eye I have the basic one that slightly boosts damage because I basically never use it (in singleplayer I used it a ton as a crutch, in online without the slowdown it's basically useless)

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flakey posted:

The first time I tried to get an egg out of a tree it wouldn't come down and I've not bothered with eggs since. :v:

The Egret egg in the tree in Lagras always gets stuck when shot from one direction. However, you can use a carriage to go get it as a workaround. Still extremely dumb.

If any Egret egg spawns in it's tree without a nest, you can't get it down unless your carriage is high enough to go get it. This is not always possible.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

It weird how some of these clothes are priced.

A lovely farmers hat that looks like it was chewed up by a cow: 60 dollars

A dapper bowler derby: 16 dollars.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

i want to know who the gently caress is in charge of designing the clothes for online. loving give us more cowboy hats you dickless idiots. they’re straight up giving us GTAO stoner hoodies now, i feel like I’m losing my mind

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
We need new T-shirts with a dumbass design on them that literally nobody has ever worn to come out every week

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

some of the hats for female characters are way too big

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I let my girlfriend go to town on designing my new look and one of her comments was "Why are there so many hats, and only 12 pants?"
She was also very unsatisfied there were no sunglasses.
She also managed to choose a ton of clothing that costs gold and spent 36 bars worth, despite not knowing what the difference between gold and cash was. I guess kudos to Rockstar on that one for putting those items behind the premium currency.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 18, 2020

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

PaybackJack posted:

She was also very unsatisfied there were no sunglasses.

There's a pair in the Outlaw Pass if you have 40 gold to spare. You'll get them all back when you level it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Just had my camp disappear during a supply run. Came back with the sack to find an empty field with a drop off zone in it. Dropped the sack and the game crashed.

There were tons of animals about so I should have known something wasn't right.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Please don't doxx me

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Ok maybe I've spent too long out on the range but I'm almost positive that the draw distance was lowered on PS4 recently. After playing a good bit tonight I realized I cannot remember ever seeing my camp pop-in as I ride up to it but now it seems like both the camp and the grass draw distances have been noticeably reduced. Coincidentally the frame rate seems to be more stable as well.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just going crazy?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

lol the wolf man threw himself into the fire rather than get taken in

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I haven't gone back to that bounty after hearing how heartbroken he was that I killed his wolves. :smith:

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
With all the guns, you'd think there would be at least a different/alternate bow or at least the ability to customize it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

SplitSoul posted:

There's a pair in the Outlaw Pass if you have 40 gold to spare. You'll get them all back when you level it.

Since you can only preview those indoors, I didn't realize they have tinted frames on them. They're also kind of ugly.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

The outlaw pass sunglasses exist purely to be worn with a giant rear end in a top hat-ish poker table outfit.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i like to dress as if I'm really super poor for playing poker. i dunno why, got sick of always being the fanciest one there. going in bloodstained is always good too.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Tried fishing for the first time last night because there was a daily to catch some lake sturgeon. Got a fishing pole, got some lake lure, went fishin'. Everything is cool until I actually get a bite, at which point it became impossible to reel in quickly. The little icon on the bottom right was spinning fast along with my inputs, but my character didn't increase speed at all. This made it impossible to reel anything in as the fish would swim away and reel out more line than I could reel back while it was tired and not struggling. Good times! :rockstar:

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

weg posted:

Ok maybe I've spent too long out on the range but I'm almost positive that the draw distance was lowered on PS4 recently. After playing a good bit tonight I realized I cannot remember ever seeing my camp pop-in as I ride up to it but now it seems like both the camp and the grass draw distances have been noticeably reduced. Coincidentally the frame rate seems to be more stable as well.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just going crazy?

I'm seeing the camp pop-in a lot, but I just assumed it had something to do with the (alleged) attempts to patch the general issues with camp spawning. Things have been pretty wonky after the moonshine role was added.

As for grass, I'm not sure. There's pop-in that can be jarring at times, but I haven't noticed that it's been getting any worse now than it was in the beta.
A friend of mine, on the other hand, is adamant that it's getting worse with every patch. He might be right, but he's pretty sure they're "using the fog to hide the changes" and that there's some nefarious plot behind the constant graphical downgrades. He hasn't been able to explain why "they" are doing this to us, or why it's something more malicious than optimization. So I've been mostly ignoring him and his complaints.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Flakey posted:

Tried fishing for the first time last night because there was a daily to catch some lake sturgeon. Got a fishing pole, got some lake lure, went fishin'. Everything is cool until I actually get a bite, at which point it became impossible to reel in quickly. The little icon on the bottom right was spinning fast along with my inputs, but my character didn't increase speed at all. This made it impossible to reel anything in as the fish would swim away and reel out more line than I could reel back while it was tired and not struggling. Good times! :rockstar:

Don't know if it helps, but if you're using a controller, change the setting to hold X to reel in instead of moving the stick in circles, and pull back the left stick when you reel it in.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

FuturePastNow posted:

A locked room under a building, you enter it to do something in single player but it's inaccessible online. So modders apparently like to trap people or hide their stuff in there.

Yeah I was in the middle of a mission when I was teleported there alongside twenty other dudes and then the hacker started spawning bears down there aswell.

(

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Don't know if it helps, but if you're using a controller, change the setting to hold X to reel in instead of moving the stick in circles, and pull back the left stick when you reel it in.

^ this is a reel good tip

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

SplitSoul posted:

Thanks, I'll give that a shot next time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Flakey posted:

Even if it doesn't look like your character is reeling in as fast as you're spinning the stick, it is reeling. But that is super uncomfortable so go change that setting to "hold x to reel". The real trick for speed is to pull down on the LEFT stick every 2 seconds.

and just make sure you're not reeling or yanking on your pole when the fish is struggling.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

FuturePastNow posted:

^ this is a reel good tip

Booooo!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

When this town aint big enough for the both of us, sometimes you gotta get creative to save room.

Squirrel Burger
Jul 19, 2011

nobody likes a rotten pumbo
not surprised that some graphical fidelity would be downgraded to make room for other gameplay processes. remember that OG console hardware right now is practically ancient and at the end of their life cycles, and i'm impressed they've been able to squeeze out what they can on it, similar to GTA5 on the last-gens. might chug a bit but it's still a computer i paid $350 for seven years ago

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Hihohe posted:

When this town aint big enough for the both of us, sometimes you gotta get creative to save room.

lol Cripps has been doing that too lately in camp. one will stay leaning on a barrel or whatever and then a ghost emerges and starts walking around talking

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Animal glitch is over

Camp glitch is not over

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Oberst posted:

Animal glitch is over

Camp glitch is not over

which platform? i had the usual animal issues on PS4 last nite

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It’s definitely been better for me animal-wise this week. I can’t leave my camp without falling over a bunch of game.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

On xbox I still only see game if there are fewer than, say, 15 people on the session. Otherwise it's all barren wasteland.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Sleekly posted:

lol Cripps has been doing that too lately in camp. one will stay leaning on a barrel or whatever and then a ghost emerges and starts walking around talking

Happended to me too, my friend instantly dubbed the double "Crapps", which I found hilarious.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Freudian slippers posted:

Happended to me too, my friend instantly dubbed the double "Crapps", which I found hilarious.

another funny crapps one is when i go to start a delivery
waiting him to say his spiel
waiting
try to press something, buttons are locked
crapps says 'today would be nice'
waiting
waiting

gotta close the app to get out of that one

edit: hes crapps now and forever lol

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

i parked my horse behind cripps at the butcher table once. apparently the game hides npcs and horses that are in the background when the butcher table ui is open so i was treated to the sight of spontaneous mid-air making GBS threads.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Is there a mod for PC that completely transforms the controls so that this game is enjoyable

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's quite a few control schemes available. What are you trying to change?

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Google Butt posted:

Is there a mod for PC that completely transforms the controls so that this game is enjoyable

my advice is to just stick with it, i absolutely hated the controls when i first started playing but once muscle memory starts to kick in it's really not that bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!
Some random dudes attacked me in Blackwater while I was defensive and checking my settings. They of course came after me when I respawned, so I got dragged into a protracted gun battle with them. Since I was in defensive mode, dealing with them wasn't too hard. Only challenge was the guy who kept trying to flank me with incendiary shells. I mostly managed to avoid getting to close to him, but he got me a couple of times. Funniest part was the guy who, after failing to kill me on account of being real bad, asked "why do you have hacks?" He then told the rest of his posse "we've got a hacker here, let's just leave." Guy was rank 104 :psyduck: How has he not heard of or experienced defensive mode before?