Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

SOMAheads: should I play this game all in a night or can I play it here and there without diluting the feels? Thanks

I broke it up into chunks. The different segments of the game are very harrowing but also are pretty well defined from one another. So there’s a bunch of Well that’s enough for tonight! points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

I been watching Aris play a X-Files version of RE.

Same

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Average Bear posted:

Watched Petscop to get in the mood

Petscop rules but I lost the thread at some point and understand nothing about it anymore

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

I broke it up into chunks. The different segments of the game are very harrowing but also are pretty well defined from one another. So there’s a bunch of Well that’s enough for tonight! points.

Someone gifted me SOMA tonight and it's really effective, first person perspective games always ratchet up the scare factor for me. I'll have to play it in small chunks like you said as I lack the iron constitution of sector_correcter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right now my October gaming is playing a witch in the HC SSF Delve League.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
For me October gaming is playing through OCTOberPATH TRAVELER after starting it in July

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Emmy-O-Lantern posted:

I liked 2 a lot but I think 1 is still king. 2 is when I started to worry they were getting away from the horror for action though it still ruled hard. Just having a dude turn into a necro right in front of you in bright light was lame but otoh having to run around in a strait jacket was p tense. The return to the Ishimura is scay af

1 is easily the best, more atmospheric and the world of the game is so complete. having a faceless, silent player character whose "weapons" are repurposed engineering tools worked so well

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i played ds1 on a laptop during a hurricane so my environment definitely boosted the experience.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kinda feel like Bloodborneing again tbh..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

gently caress yeah

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I did recently and I'm glad. I'm all the way at Nightmare of Mensis and still having trouble with Ludwig though

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

Play the STALKER series. Hell, maybe I will pick up my iron man run.

The first time you run into a controller is a top ten gaming feel

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

The first time you run into a controller is a top ten gaming feel

You opened yourself up to this, but now I'm imagining you running on the floor and your head hitting the raised part of a PS3 controller.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

You opened yourself up to this, but now I'm imagining you running on the floor and your head hitting the raised part of a PS3 controller.

brutal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i started playing soma based on recommendations here

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i started playing soma based on recommendations here

its really cool and I personally couldnt stand amnesia lol, its just really great writing and environments

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I wasn't a fan of Amnesia either tbh, but I liked the Penumbra games and SOMA is their best game yet by far

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You guys like SOMA? Soma deez nuts. Got em.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

its really cool and I personally couldnt stand amnesia lol, its just really great writing and environments

i played about halfway through Amnesia and got bored, so i'm hoping that this is more entertaining. i like opening drawers, so far.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I got soma on the twitch prime thing but it looks like you have to use a separate twitch app to install and play the game, which is some rear end.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I got soma on the twitch prime thing but it looks like you have to use a separate twitch app to install and play the game, which is some rear end.

don't need it to play the game, just install.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

don't need it to play the game, just install.

Oh that’s not too bad then. I assumed it was another bogus launcher like uplay or origin.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

lmao what a great post

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna finish SH4 tonight come hell or high water.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Gonna finish SH4 tonight come hell or high water.

godspeed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol listen to this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkZsz1_Z54M

I actually quite liked the final level and boss. Cool design on how you get the different Eileen endings.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am playing Dark Souls Remastered which I guess is pretty scary. I tried to get into Resident Evil Revelations 2 and I am just not feeling it at all. I guess I can finish Until Dawn, which I got halfway through a year ago. I killed Mr. Robot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

JoaoVitorBF posted:

Oh poo poo, time to play Minecraft hardcore mode again. Last year I couldn't get past the zombie groaning in a dark cave, got too spooked and quitted.
I love horror games.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The mods of this forum are insane little twerps.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Starting Prey again and I will never defeat the "move the boxes out of the circle" test :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tried to learn Eliza in tekken since hes a vampire (scary) but her combos were too hard so I went back to Lili.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I played ghost sweeper mikami on my super analouge nt. Very spoopy. Sppops folks.i also accidentally started night of the weasel or whatever briwsing jp titles but theres a lot of kanji and reading japanese in snes resoultion is a pain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I want to make another alien arm puking magic dude

• Locked thread