Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asphyxious posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhh.

duurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

That's -3.

I will vote IP as well, but should be here until deadline now and don’t feel the need to rush him to -2 yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wow I mean you can do what I do and just ignore them

But overjustifying votes is definitely a thing scum do

IcePhoenix posted:

Every post I make is scummy so I'm taking Hal's advice and just not posting

How did you get "just don't post" out of "ignore the people falsely accusing you of being scum"?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Murmur Twin posted:

How did you get "just don't post" out of "ignore the people falsely accusing you of being scum"?

it is basically the same thing at this point

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IcePhoenix posted:

Who are the scum on your vote right now, IP?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

My guy! Push past this! Post some reads.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Are you giving up? What is going on here?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Which specifically of my posts do you find bad?

Well I mean they are all "bad" in the sense that you seem to have written up some summaries of people's posts, then randomly(?) picked me and MMT to call out and then said nothing of substance about us and then went back to posting summaries and just don't seem particularly invested in anything you say.

Now that IP has posted more they may look worse than you however and you are here so maybe you can change my views on you with dazzling IllegallySober casework

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

IcePhoenix (4): Max, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Asiina
IllegallySober (3): Murmur Twin, hambeet, King Burgundy
BottleKnight (1): Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina, SolusLunes, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina
SolusLunes (1): King Burgundy, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
Bifauxnen (1): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, TMMadman, BottleKnight
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix
hambeet (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
Mr. Humalong (0): Max, Max
King Burgundy (0): TMMadman, TMMadman
Max (0): Asiina, Asiina
Murmur Twin (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (5): IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period :rubshands:

With 16 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 02nd, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 23 minutes.

The wagon train is moving at a steady pace. Today's execution method is Standard Majority.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Whoops...I forgot to hit copy before pasting.

This is correct

IcePhoenix (6): Max, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Asiina, BottleKnight, sniper4625
IllegallySober (4): Murmur Twin, hambeet, King Burgundy, Hal Incandenza
BottleKnight (1): Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina, SolusLunes, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Asiina
SolusLunes (0): King Burgundy, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy, BottleKnight
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (4): IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, Social Studies 3rd Period :rubshands:

The current deadline is October 02nd, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 35 minutes.

The wagon train is moving at a steady pace. Today's execution method is Standard Majority.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

IcePhoenix (4): Max, Bifauxnen, Asphyxious, Asiina
IllegallySober (3): Murmur Twin, hambeet, King Burgundy
SolusLunes (1): King Burgundy, BottleKnight, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, King Burgundy
TMMadman (1): Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Asiina, IcePhoenix

Not Voting (5): IcePhoenix, IllegallySober, Mr. Humalong, sniper4625, Social Studies 3rd Period :rubshands:

The current deadline is October 02nd, 2018 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 23 minutes.

Why is this an hour old?

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
That does not seem right?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMM you're still on Bif, what are your current thoughts.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh haha I was like help I am in a time loop

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Pod is subtly extending deadline by an hour every hour to keep the tension rising.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

TMM you're still on Bif, what are your current thoughts.

Frankly, I'm not really sold on either of the lynch leaders.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well I mean they are all "bad" in the sense that you seem to have written up some summaries of people's posts, then randomly(?) picked me and MMT to call out and then said nothing of substance about us and then went back to posting summaries and just don't seem particularly invested in anything you say.

Now that IP has posted more they may look worse than you however and you are here so maybe you can change my views on you with dazzling IllegallySober casework

I pretty well said why I picked the two of you to look at:

IllegallySober posted:

I think I’m going to take a look at Hal and MMT next, since at the moment I’m not really reading anyone strongly for scum and I can’t recall anything specific either has posted so far. Will do that on my lunch break here shortly.

IllegallySober posted:

Re-reading Hal he’s essentially a blank slate to me as far as any kind of strong opinions thus far.

This is the only substantive post by MMT I can find:

I disagree with her opinion here re: BK, but at least she’s got an explanation for her thought process. And she did mention beforehand that early-week was tough for her and is catching up now, so we’ll see what that leads to.

I’m not sure where else to go right now. Somebody want to sell me on a case that isn’t BK, for the moment?

I had nothing of substance to say about you because you had nothing of substance that you’d posted. As far being invested in what I say- I’m as invested as I feel I possibly can be on D1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Frankly, I'm not really sold on either of the lynch leaders.

You have 30 minutes to turn things around then.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

I'm a big fan of the Wheel of Time series (which is actually finished, unlike Game of Thrones ever will be). I think the last book I read was The Martian, that was really good. Even better than the movie.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

You have 30 minutes to turn things around then.

What do you think about Hal?

Also, how about beet?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

ok its lunchtime, let's do this where we at

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

What do you think about Hal?

Also, how about beet?

What a magnificent deflect.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm a big fan of the Wheel of Time series (which is actually finished, unlike Game of Thrones ever will be). I think the last book I read was The Martian, that was really good. Even better than the movie.

OK.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

What a magnificent deflect.

Well, how else would you expect me to try and move the votes?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

You realize that if you are town, all you're doing is making sure that your lynch is easy for scum to jump onto.

So I really do hope you're scum, because if not it's a pretty lovely thing you're doing right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Well, how else would you expect me to try and move the votes?

By writing up a case.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hal put the IS/IP vote at 4-4 and then hambeet complained that there was a big spread of votes when a bunch of people had 2 votes and then proceeded to put someone else at 2 votes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

IcePhoenix posted:

IP, do you want to claim, or should we just dunk you?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

c'mon man :negative:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

By writing up a case.

Give me a break. Nobody is making some big case with 30 minutes left in the day.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Hal put the IS/IP vote at 4-4 and then hambeet complained that there was a big spread of votes when a bunch of people had 2 votes and then proceeded to put someone else at 2 votes.

I don't see a problem with either of those? Although you messed up the order, Hambeet complained about the spread, the Hal tied things up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will say I don't like that IP seems to be giving up here if he is actually town.

It does make it easier to vote him in order to avoid the no lynch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Also IP getting mad at the softest of soft pressure I think is scummy.

I'm hesitant on that read though, because if it's genuine "tired of being cased early as town" emotions then he's only going to dig this hole deeper the more it's brought up and the more he makes it about himself, and I can easily see it turning into a mislynch later in the day as scum find ways to pile on.

I have no meta knowledge of IP getting cased early to fall back on here, so I'm going to default to believing people's emotions are real, since that's always a good default, and mafia dad a little by saying if you want pressure taken off of you, then participate and look like you're making effort to case other people and people will be more likely to believe you when you say you're town. Focusing intently on someone going "hmm that's a little weird" will only ever make them look at you worse.

Hey look guys, I might be psychic.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

You realize that if you are town, all you're doing is making sure that your lynch is easy for scum to jump onto.

So I really do hope you're scum, because if not it's a pretty lovely thing you're doing right now.

Yes well the past 24 hours haven't exactly made me feel like I should help

IllegallySober posted:

IP, do you want to claim, or should we just dunk you?

None of the above, tyvm

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

Was it his most recent post that made you feel that way, BK?

Yeah, the realization that the lurking was intentional.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I don't see a problem with either of those? Although you messed up the order, Hambeet complained about the spread, the Hal tied things up.

No, hambeet complained about the spread when a bunch of people were at 2 votes...then he voted IS who had 1 vote thus putting him in a large tie with the other 2 vote people.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don't want to vote IP and reward his bad behavior but I also don't want a no-lunch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anyway, gut read

##vote gaspy

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Give me a break. Nobody is making some big case with 30 minutes left in the day.

No. If you have a problem with either options then push the vote you want to happen. You've been posting throughout, so it's not like you only just got here. I'm bothered by your "hey everyone, I'm going to quote the vote count" posts without actually engaging in the discussion about IP / IS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, there is a big (by American standards, not crazy Aussie giant huntsman standards) spider crawling around my wall right now.

• Locked thread