Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So I finally watched this week's episode and holy poo poo wow.

Dong Li certainly has its hands full with the monk.

Also LMAO at Enigmatic Gale wearing those glasses.

When is Death King going to show up?

And yeah next week's preview made me mark out hard. Ken San!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

a cartoon duck posted:

I do like his wordy garbage but killing off the only female character in the season is still pretty rear end, especially when she was also the most compelling character of the season.

Being a compelling Urobuchi side char is the single biggest death flag
rip screaming phoenix killer

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Space Flower posted:

Being a compelling Urobuchi side char is the single biggest death flag
rip screaming phoenix killer

You mean rip Juan Can Yun's Right Eye.

a computing pun posted:

b) Hahahahaha Hunting Fox's whole deal is amazingly petty. Like other than Lin, the guy is the best schemer in the show and yet his grand scheme has the goal of "find a fence to buy these stolen swords"

I like how Mie Tian's sword collection came back. Dude had an eye for swords after all and it's not like you can take them with you!

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I knew immediately that the stolen sword business would be turned against him to bring about his downfall, but seeing it happen was still amazing. Lin is very right on how entertaining it can be to watch villains realize they've been owned.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
The lack of frames on Hunting Fox's glasses make it look like he's doing a OwO face.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Alpha3KV posted:

I knew immediately that the stolen sword business would be turned against him to bring about his downfall, but seeing it happen was still amazing. Lin is very right on how entertaining it can be to watch villains realize they've been owned.

Lin ftw.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm still mad that POC died but thirsty sword telling clingy monk to ease up was fun

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm 110% looking forward to the monk accidentally owning 7BD through overzealous fanboyism.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I keep giggling at Lin in those loving glasses

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I can't stop laughing. Poor Lin, he has no idea how to deal with a guy that... normal.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

LMAO Lin's put-on surprise act

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

<not so subtle hint, the series is saying the fool is Lyn>. He is the one who gets hard by doing complicated schemes, and therefore, he makes the wrong assumption other people are like him.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 10, 2018

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That guy really loves to be a scumbag.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

I can't believe Lin is going to be a corn cob for the season finale.

Can Of Worms fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 10, 2018

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
I guess this goes to show that the most important part of a plan is being able to deal with the consequences of its failure.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hey lin just saying but that's twice now you've been owned by following Shang around

I mean yes you owned them both but one was so not mad that he ended up owning himself so hard it's shockwave owned you in the process. And the other one admitted he was mad and got over it in like 10 seconds

Also there is something hilarious about a fight to the death being interrupted by an extremely not owned Lin just casually yelling "hey catch"

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 10, 2018

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I wasn't expecting Lin's plans to turn around on him, but the incredibly offended Lin was funny to watch. All that time planning some devious scheme and it amounts to nothing. I wonder where he's going to go from there.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I love that the reversal hinges pretty much all the way on Hunting Fox doesn't HAVE any pride to steal. He's pragmatic and resilient to an extreme and doesn't give a single gently caress about sunk costs.
Lin is acting like Xíng Hài when they first encountered her; "I don't ever want to see his face again!"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That episode was so awesome in so many ways.

Ken San returned for 3 whole minutes but ok. He owns.

"GOOD HEAVENS!!!"

Hunting Fox being just some plain vanilla glorified smuggler rear end in a top hat and being like "Welp, now I can stop acting like a shithead with a huge ego. Whew!"

Rou Fuyo is still The Best and it sucks he's pretty much guaranteed to die.

LOL at the monk getting owned by a random boomerang from Gale. Monk+Sword are not quite as formidable a team as I thought.

Where the gently caress is Death King? He needs to be stomping that "impregnable" fortress into sand on his way to kill Gale and Rou Fuyo and Shou Fu Kan.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Dec 11, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Scumbag Fox has been a real treat this season, lemme tell ya

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Watching Lin own everyone and then himself never gets old.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Wait, you're not my thrall?"

"No, I'm in love."

"FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Monk turning into a Aoi Yuki sword otaku continues to be extremely amusing

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Subtitle of the episode: When you are trapped without no way out with an obsessive yandere goth

Here in this desolated place we could die together! Wouldn't that be great?!! /crazy eyes

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

edit: dup

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RussellLatshaw/status/1074737328633962496

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

How can one guy love being a scumbag so much?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Let's try asking our best friend Lin.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So what did we learn?

Crazy monk was already so crazy that Aoi Yuuki sword had no effect.
Hunting Fox trying to up his scumbag game even more. He truly wishes to be the end boss.
Wanderer can even command men like a general. He is of course perfect in everything.
Dragons truly are chumps.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

The opening scene is truly one of the greatest pieces of comedy ever written. :lol:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its pretty amazing how she was fretting about goth monks insanity and how she immediately used his emotions as a cudgel to get her back to Shang. I wonder if she would rather take her chances being locked up again in the sorcerous index over being in a ditch in the nuclear wasteland

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

No means no, Lóu Zhèn Jiè.

Hidingo Kojimba fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Dec 18, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Can't wait for 7BD to actually try to help Shang because she thinks her odds are better in the Index.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao they made a special beat up, bruised face for Xiao Kuang Juan

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Xarbala posted:

lmao they made a special beat up, bruised face for Xiao Kuang Juan

Yeah that owned and I loved watching his broken glasses dangle around. They put so much effort into the details and I love it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah that owned and I loved watching his broken glasses dangle around. They put so much effort into the details and I love it.

lol

I love this dingus. He owns Lin, then Lang, then himself.

With a little help from the guy you most expect, but in a way you least expected.

Yo I love this show, it's buckwild

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Also RIP Death King. :( I really wanted him to go on a rampage before dying but welp. And I wonder if 7BD is more powerful now that she slurped up some dragon blood. She was glowing REAL bright after that. I still think it's going to take all 3 of the main dudes to take him down.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I've been looking forward to it and it delivered - Shang's Edgeless Blade moment this season involved the sword that cannot cut.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It seems like most of Goth Monk's power is his own, given how often Seven Blasphemous Deaths goes "holy poo poo don't do this are you nuts". Obviously the sword's power supplements him pretty well but it's his own mastery that got the job done every time. Even then, 7BD seems to think Shang can take him, or at the very least is willing to desperately gamble on that chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

a cartoon duck posted:

It seems like most of Goth Monk's power is his own, given how often Seven Blasphemous Deaths goes "holy poo poo don't do this are you nuts". Obviously the sword's power supplements him pretty well but it's his own mastery that got the job done every time. Even then, 7BD seems to think Shang can take him, or at the very least is willing to desperately gamble on that chance.

I don't think 7BD cares who can beat who. She was saying whatever she could to not get forced into a suicide pact with the monk. She clearly didn't think it through because hypothetically what if monk kills Shou? He's just going to turn around and march right back into the wasteland and jump into some random pit.

She's probably hoping Shou kills the monk and that she can mesmerize someone else right after.

I was talking to my wife about this episode and we both think it's hilarious that every single major and minor character in this season has gotten brutally owned at least once, and in ways most of us didn't expect. :laugh: