Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Maxwell Lord posted:

My favorite part of the D&D episode was Glimmer giving Catra the “female anime villain” laugh

Adora's increasingly exasperated complaints about how people envisioned Catra was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
This show is gay af.

I love it!

Just watched the first two seasons over the last few days.

It also got me to dig out the old 2002 He-Man series which is really good.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mordaedil posted:

TV was not a good medium for continuing storylines, because it was easy to miss one because you were hurried off to school. I'm the internet age, you can just watch it at leisure.

I binged this entire show after seeing someone react to some of the backlash this show got a year ago and because I thought the designs were spot on.

I wasn't expecting much, it was almost a watch in protest to support the show. Ended up loving it (especially the D&D episode, Bow's dads, the Star Wars references, the gay energy and the references to the old show in the D&D episode; each of the separate imaginations were a reference to some other animations and one of them stood out as a reference to the original: stiff movement and how they turn their heads being the tip-off.)

I look forward to more, for sure. And gently caress bigots.

I read Noelle Stevenson's webcomic back in the day, then I heard she had a show coming out, googled it, found out about people getting mad over it and I too decided to watch it. Then recommend it to a bunch of my friends.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just finished S2! So good! I loved Bow’s very Dream Daddy-esque dads, although I couldn’t help but notice George looked a fair bit like Sea Hawk, which says strange things about Bow’s boyish crush on the pirate.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
George is meant to look like Filmation Bow, I'm pretty sure. (Albeit with an appropriate racelift)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
New shorts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reqhrbXyNzc

Ambious
Sep 29, 2016

Hail Hoots!
SwiftWind is in Horse Antifa, right?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ambious posted:

He is super communist horse, yes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
friend of a friend's DJ stand

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Amazing.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

friend of a friend's DJ stand

Catra is was a cop though?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Catra is a paramilitary lieutenant who enthusiastically works for a pseudo-corporate entity looking to subjugate and extort an otherwise peaceful society to destructive ends. I'd call that a criminal.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

FilthyImp posted:

I'm not sure it was plagiarized from as much as 'these japanese studios make awesome poo poo just hire them to do character/mechanical designs + the intro and get the usual terrible folks to do the episodes'

80s animation means they were inspired by, what, AstroBoy, Tetsujin 28 and Speed Racer? Maybe Mobile Suit Gundam or Ulysses 31???

Don't forget Captain Future!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Ambious posted:

Struck me as anarcho-communist

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
He's a radical horse abolitionist, paying no heed to the laws of bipeds. If there wasn't a war to be fought against the Horde, he'd be waging a guerrilla war against those who have enslaved his kind.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

He is only seizing the product not the means of production.

What I am saying is he should be taking over apple orchards.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Death to the bourgeoisie is borne on swift winds.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

evilmiera posted:

He is only seizing the product not the means of production.

What I am saying is he should be taking over apple orchards.

He is a friend to the downtrodden proletariat.

https://dreamworksshera.tumblr.com/post/185728869671/did-someone-say-swift-wind-when-swift-wind-finds

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I can't help but think that given Mermista's new attitude, if they ever do a live-action She-Ra movie, Aubrey Plaza would be perfect.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I can't help but think that given Mermista's new attitude, if they ever do a live-action She-Ra movie, Aubrey Plaza would be perfect.

I think it would be hard to beat Vella Lovell, her voice actress, who was also on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. :)

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ehh she already played that character In the Scott Pilgrim movie.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

side_burned posted:

Ehh she already played that character In the Scott Pilgrim movie.

...Did you miss 7 years of TV?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I liked how a lot of the scenes were set up with parallels between the Rebellion characters and the Horde characters going through the same issue, like the contrast between Bow's parents treat his lying, and then a scene with how Hordak treats Catra lying.

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jun 20, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

galenanorth posted:

I liked how a lot of the scenes were set up with parallels between the Rebellion characters and the Horde characters going through the same issue, like the contrast between Bow's parents treat his lying, and then a scene with how Hordak treats Catra lying.

If Bow's parents had liked his friends better than him that could've gone WAY worse.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Gaz-L posted:

...Did you miss 7 years of TV?

Yes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/sheraincorrect/status/1144316672905547777

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ugh, when is Bow getting himself a cute guy?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:neckbeard:

I hope Catra remembered it :ohdear:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I only just noticed that the title of the thread in fact doesn't say "Grayskull".

Beautiful

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Of course not, Catra is a terrible person and will never learn empathy.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Of course not, Catra is a terrible person and will never learn empathy.

Non zero chance she noted and made a point to avoid Scorpia that day cause she'd be extra needy.

You know.

If Catra wasn't on beast island.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

She-Ra remembered it but Catra stole the claw-safe cake she made for her.

And ate it herself.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

evilmiera posted:

She-Ra remembered it but Catra stole the claw-safe cake she made for her.

And ate it herself.

*around bites* HMmmmffy, Adrrra.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
https://twitter.com/Gingerhazing/status/1149063683496038401

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:hmmyes: Definitely important.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/DreamWorksSheRa/status/1152292033169514496

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Who's that lady with the horns?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Based on nothing at all, I'm going to say her name is... Horn-Head. She headbutts stuff. Probably a cameo from the original show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Something I noticed is that they never showed She-Ra and Catra clashing at all, or any of Catra's group fighting any of the Princess Alliance.