Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm still not 100% convinced ace is real anyway. Maybe I'll meet someone who proves it eventually or read something that shows it but for now I gotta be walking around with problematic thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Really? People in this thread just specifically said we were ace and you're gonna post "I don't believe that's real"? Keep your dumbshit thoughts to yourself bro.

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

CuwiKhons posted:

Really? People in this thread just specifically said we were ace and you're gonna post "I don't believe that's real"? Keep your dumbshit thoughts to yourself bro.

Oh, I missed those posts

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
What even is this conversation? Is there some weird new meme I'm missing out on?

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Stenis posted:

I'm still not 100% convinced ace is real anyway. Maybe I'll meet someone who proves it eventually or read something that shows it but for now I gotta be walking around with problematic thoughts

"Asexual" is people with no sex drive trying to interpret that in the pre existing framework we use to discuss homosexuality or bisexuality. They're trying to do this because they have no other framework to think about it with. It's basically like how in the middle ages people thought that heat and cold are substances.

It is a stupid an inappropriate thing to do, and you're right to roll your eyes at it, but society is not ready to have this conversation because it's trapped in the idea that stonewall is the start of history and everything needs a stripe flag made for it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

You idiots. You morons. You complete buffoons.
She's robosexual.

i'll allow it

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

HorseLord posted:

"Asexual" is people with no sex drive trying to interpret that in the pre existing framework we use to discuss homosexuality or bisexuality. They're trying to do this because they have no other framework to think about it with. It's basically like how in the middle ages people thought that heat and cold are substances.

It is a stupid an inappropriate thing to do, and you're right to roll your eyes at it, but society is not ready to have this conversation because it's trapped in the idea that stonewall is the start of history and everything needs a stripe flag made for it.

OK dipshit

Stenis
Jun 29, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

HorseLord posted:

Yeah it seems like it's that plus pop culture portrays the ideal woman as hypersexual, so women who have lower sex drives say they don't have any even when it's not technically true because they feel like there's something abnormal about them when it's really just societal expectations that are out of wack

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Both of you are extremely stupid and should get your hot takes about other people's life experiences out of this thread.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

CuwiKhons posted:

Both of you are extremely stupid and should get your hot takes about other people's life experiences out of this thread.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

HorseLord posted:

This thread really isn't the place for your galaxy brained takes on such things like personal relationships, patterns of abuse, and the nature of gender and sexuality.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
...anyway. I'm pretty sure Entrapta's strongly implied to be on the autism spectrum or some equivalent, not helped by an isolated upbringing (a painting implies she was raised by robots), given she has very poor social skills and a poor grasp of nonverbal communication, a poor grasp of ideas like loyalty and morality, only eats certain foods prepared in a specific way and admits to having a very difficult time understanding people compared to the unambiguity and order of machines. (That she probably had the island whispering that in her head doesn't help)

Sadly, she fits in pretty well with the Horde, since the whole theme there is basically arrested development. Scorpia is childish and naive despite being a doom trooper because she was brought up in a very black-and-white upbringing, and has likely been lying to herself to remain positive, likely what Adora would have turned out like if she hadn't turned traitor. Catra goes without saying.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

HorseLord posted:

Stenis posted:

Yeah it seems like it's that plus pop culture portrays the ideal woman as hypersexual, so women who have lower sex drives say they don't have any even when it's not technically true because they feel like there's something abnormal about them when it's really just societal expectations that are out of wack

Please do not double down on a hurtful take when people have asked or told you to stop posting about it, thx in advance. If you want to have a conversation about asexuality to try and better understand it, might I suggest somewhere that isn't this thread?

esperterra fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 16, 2020

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Stenis posted:

Stenis posted:

shut the gently caress up

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

RottenK posted:

shut the gently caress up

You won't have to worry about it for a couple of weeks. Please make sure to report him if he tries to continue the conversation once his probation is up.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I don't think we really have data to determine whether Entrapta is ace or not, but I don't get why people are so confused and skeptical of the idea of asexuals existing?? I know pop culture hammers home that hypersexuality is EVERYONE'S default state but it doesn't seem to hard to figure that some people just don't want to gently caress.

Honestly it's progress that cartoons can exist where not every character is implicitly inevitably interested in the opposite sex as an extension of their existence as fundamental as breathing and proceeds to take up increasing amounts of the show with an incredibly tedious and poorly written 'romance'.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't think we really have data to determine whether Entrapta is ace or not, but I don't get why people are so confused and skeptical of the idea of asexuals existing?? I know pop culture hammers home that hypersexuality is EVERYONE'S default state but it doesn't seem to hard to figure that some people just don't want to gently caress.

Honestly it's progress that cartoons can exist where not every character is implicitly inevitably interested in the opposite sex as an extension of their existence as fundamental as breathing and proceeds to take up increasing amounts of the show with an incredibly tedious and poorly written 'romance'.

plenty of people are still being poo poo about bisexuality and that's just not being able to handle the idea of being attracted to two genders instead of one, of course you're going to have idiots around who don't get the idea of how it's possible to just not have interest in sex at all

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I just like when villains in shows are actually friends or care about each other in some way rather than jumping to betray each other at the first chance they get. Whether or not Hordak and Entrapta becomes romantic or not, I'm happy with their development thus far.

It would be really cute if it was romantic though.

Edit - When the gently caress is Season 5?

Roth fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Mar 16, 2020

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i oppose romance between hordak and entrapta because no straights are allowed in my gay cartoons

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Entrapta almost didn't bother to care about saving the planet because the science of watching the planets destruction was just too cool. If you want a reason for her not pursuing relationships it is probably related to that.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I don't know if Hordak and Entrapta's relationship will ever be obviously romantic and to be honest, I don't need it to be. I ship it in a way where I mostly just want them to hang out together and be weird amoral science buddies forever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also, the idea that weird nerds with horrible social skills who don't make cringeworthy active passes at people the find attractive must be asexual is another really bad stereotype. I blame The Big Bang Theory again. Hell, Bojack Horseman is better at it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

evilmiera posted:

Entrapta almost didn't bother to care about saving the planet because the science of watching the planets destruction was just too cool. If you want a reason for her not pursuing relationships it is probably related to that.

She didn't care about saving the planet in season one when Catra's plan revolved around loving up the environment, but that was arguably a plan that wouldn't actually destroy it on any level and only rearrange things. When she realizes that the plan in season three will unambiguously gently caress up the planet, she has no problem committing to "we can't do this; at least not until we've found a way to not have it gently caress up the planet".

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

RottenK posted:

i oppose romance between hordak and entrapta because no straights are allowed in my gay cartoons

I have bad news: Angella/Micah

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have bad news: Angella/Micah

they've got one, so don't add any more :colbert:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

RottenK posted:

Mermista/Sea Hawk (probably) exists too.

tsob fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 16, 2020

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Sea Hawk is alright because there's no way he's not an absolute bisexual disaster, he just happens to have found a lady this time.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

RottenK posted:

Fair

tsob posted:

Mermista/Sea Hawk (probably) exists too.

Oh yeah I forgot about them it's been so long

Season 5 when?!

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 16, 2020

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

sexpig by night posted:

Sea Hawk is alright because there's no way he's not an absolute bisexual disaster, he just happens to have found a lady this time.

Yea, I could definitely see him as someone who hits on anyone or anything without any regard to gender or even form really. It did seem like him and Bow might be what the show was hinting towards for a while too, since Mermista didn't seem to care about him and find him more of an annoyance. She still does, obviously, but it seems more like she sees him as her annoyance and by Triton, no-one will take that from her.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

CuwiKhons posted:

I don't know if Hordak and Entrapta's relationship will ever be obviously romantic and to be honest, I don't need it to be. I ship it in a way where I mostly just want them to hang out together and be weird amoral science buddies forever.

Yeah, that's how I see things.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Elephant Ambush posted:

Season 3 when?!

I've got some news for you...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Argue posted:

I've got some news for you...

Typo!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Soonmot posted:

I'm sorry entrapta/hordak shippers, I'm claiming Entrapta for my fellow aces. No hornt allowed.

No fair, you already get the best flag. What am I supposed to do with a lime green stripe what am I a loving cybergoth

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Oh wow, lots of posts in the She-Ra thread, I wonder wh-
:yikes:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Madurai posted:

Oh wow, lots of posts in the She-Ra thread, I wonder wh-
:yikes:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Using "ace" as shorthand is convenient but everytime I see it I picture the classic 1950s greaser in a leather jacket and shades snapping his fingers pointing at something cool and saying "Aces!"

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

pentyne posted:

Using "ace" as shorthand is convenient but everytime I see it I picture the classic 1950s greaser in a leather jacket and shades snapping his fingers pointing at something cool and saying "Aces!"

good thing it isn't yr call then! rear end

SEASON

FIVE

WHEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

pentyne posted:

I picture the best Dr Who companion.