Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I mean no joke if I vig town the game is functionally over.

Game started with 12 people, expect 3-4 non-town.

Today we have 8 people with 3-4 non-town. It's not 4 allied scum or the game would be over, so if we lose 1-2 more townies the game is DEFINITELY over. The only reason I'm considering doing this is that there is a payoff if I can hit the right person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I skipped most of the recent posts but the correct answer is vote one, vig the other

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Podima posted:

Please elaborate on why ASF looks "bad" and also claim. I have a vig and I'm going to use it on either you or ASF, so this is your chance to convince me and drop any other scum reads besides Tobbs.

ASF, same to you but talk about Ice instead.

People besides IcePhoenix/ASF:
Mechanically, what do you think of the fact that town has a better chance at reclaiming the Heart if we vote IcePhoenix out? Ice was involved in the D1 stuff in a suspicious way and has not died despite holding the Heart. Either he was protected, redirect shenanigans happened, or he's scum. Numbers-wise, town stands a better chance of regaining the heart via the vote as we have a majority currently (otherwise the game would be over). I am somewhat surprised that nobody's brought this up besides birb going "hmm voting heart bad".

I'd say it would be best to leave the heart on IP as long as possible so you know where it is. If it's there at the rnd of day 3 then voting IP would clinch things for town.

I feel me and IP look bad for the same reason, adding votes that lead to the mass kill d1. I personally wouldn't have done that as scum however. Those votes would inevitably happen on their own. Why draw attention to yourself.

Personally I'd vote Sal today. They seem much more scattered than normal.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

Personally I'd vote Sal today. They seem much more scattered than normal.

Would disagree, but would also like to hear more from you about how my posting is scattered.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Would disagree, but would also like to hear more from you about how my posting is scattered.

A lot of agreeing with people, very little putting forth your own opinions, at least compared to what I feel you usually do.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

A Sometimes Food posted:

A lot of agreeing with people, very little putting forth your own opinions, at least compared to what I feel you usually do.

:hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

I have a vig and I'm going to use it

quote:

Mechanically, what do you think of the fact that town has a better chance at reclaiming the Heart if we vote IcePhoenix out? Ice was involved in the D1 stuff in a suspicious way and has not died despite holding the Heart. Either he was protected, redirect shenanigans happened, or he's scum. Numbers-wise, town stands a better chance of regaining the heart via the vote as we have a majority currently (otherwise the game would be over). I am somewhat surprised that nobody's brought this up besides birb going "hmm voting heart bad".

The heart bouncing around randomly amongst the players that voted for the target is an interesting game mechanic.
Scum/3P would want as many chances at grabbing the heart as possible. Those opportunities come with Night Phase + Random Voter.
So why not increase you chances with getting your name on the random voter list.

I would put forth that IP is scum
Tobbs is also scum and 'has' to vote for him at some point so he can be potentially chosen as well JIC his buddy kicks the bucket. Plus it's easier to put out the early vote at the beginning of the day, which he did alongside Gulagdolls, then unvote later. He's still on the list to be randomly chosen.

I do not like the early in the day votes, especially off the back of what happened with D1 and town not knowing what triggered it, or if it could happen again. (Again unlikely in a game this small, but still I'd rather err on the side of caution)

-----------------------------------------
Lastly the thing I will mention is that town can somewhat increase their chances of gaining the heart using the system put in place by gaming the system a bit.
1.) The heart will randomly move between players who voted for the lynched/dead player
2.) Currently Town hold the majority (Or the game would be other as you state)
3.) If EVERYONE votes, then unvotes for IcePhoenix they can add themselves onto the last to be randomly chosen. :siren:

This way town has a higher percentage chance of receiving the Heart than non-town players. (At least 60%+ depending on non-town numbers)
Not an ideal solution, but one that works within the parameters of the game to give us an increased chance of ensuring we end up with the heart.

On that note I would suggest you holding off shooting IP/ASF for as long as possible to give players a chance to vote+unvote IP to get on the list for Heart Movement
##unvote

And because I believe he's scum
##vote Tobbs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tl;dr vote, then unvote IP. If/when Podima uses his vig it will increase the chance that Town receives the heart.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quick clarification before I go to bed

Infinitum posted:

This way town has a higher percentage chance of receiving the Heart than non-town players. (At least 60%+ depending on non-town numbers)

Working on the assumption that ALL 8 players vote
- 5 town, 3 non-town = 62% chance heart goes to town
- 6 town, 2 non-town = 75% chance

The outlier game make-up would be 4 town, 4 non-town for a 50% chance at town.

Currently, from my perspective, the chance that the heart goes to town is currently only 33% (Because I know I'm town, which I know means jack poo poo in an unverified state)
We want to get that percentage up as high as we can, but we can only accomplish this if everyone votes/unvotes IP before Pod uses his vig on whoever.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

A Sometimes Food posted:

Eh. I feel like Birb and Podima are thinking the same way I am. The uber short D1 along with 4 loving town deaths has put us in a pretty precocious position.

For all we know scum currently has the heart. The more I think about it leaving the heart to the night is a bad choice because we can't control who gets it.

I'm assuming if Pods vig is a day vig it will go to Pod and then we can (hopefully) protect pod at night.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Infinitum posted:

tl;dr vote, then unvote IP. If/when Podima uses his vig it will increase the chance that Town receives the heart.

I assumed the heart would go to the person doing the vig. Did I miss something?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

If the player holding the Heart is nightkilled, it will be given to the player who conducted the kill.

If we think IP is scum we are actually better off vigging IP so that we can control who gets the heart.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

You've misunderstood the mechanic, my read is that the heart is distributed among people who are on the execution vote, not people who voted them throughout the day.

Getting some coffee and breakfast and then will drop my summarized reads/thoughts.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTwGpsS9bh0

What you all don't realize is... I've gone through this scenario countless times.

No matter what, Marie Anne always dies first. But after that... things change a little bit each cycle. I try different things, I see different hints. But no matter what, something always goes wrong and I have to start over. This time... this time, maybe I'll get it right. But even if I don't, I'm done keeping secrets. I'll tell you everything, and leave it in your hands if - even if I make the wrong choice again. This timeline might not be beyond redemption, even if I leave it for another one. Listen carefully, please... no matter what, the choice is yours to make after mine ends.

~~~

28766f69642a2930

In one timeline, they organized a turbo on the first day after Marie Anne was found... against themselves. The deciding vote for execution was their own, even. I still have no idea what drove them to suicide like that, but that was the beginning of the end. Despair overcame the others, and they followed in her wake. The Monster feasted hungrily...

I can't get over the heavy push against ASF to the almost complete exclusion of IcePhoenix, even if he did eventually put some justification forth for why ASF's D1 vote seemed a little scummier. I suggest pushing him to explain what he meant by this: "They could both be scum, I had some thoughts about setup predicting alignment but they went nowhere." Finally, and this is a weak meta call, birb generally seems more engaged in scumgames and he spent a LOT of time talking through ASF as a vote over IP for how little content there was in D1 to base that upon.

Lean: Scum

~~~

A Sometimes Food

At one point during a different cycle, she just went catatonic. Wouldn't talk, wouldn't move... she even stopped blinking, as tears streamed from her glassy eyes. We had to put her out of her misery, even as the Monster gloated over our tragedy. It was me who pulled the trigger...

As pointed out, they automatically come under some suspicion for being one of the surviving Day 1 votes in a way that looks like it could have been coordinated. I also do struggle a bit with how their vote just before the day ended seems like a non sequitur of sorts - jokevoting imgay for something he said on the previous page when they had already responded to it with a shitpost. It seems manufactured in a way that their D2 posting has done nothing to convince me otherwise. Their argument for leaving the heart on IP is also wrong, but I'm not certain if it's an argument scum would make. They've also been very hesitant to put forth opinions/votes today in a way that screams awkward scum. Lots of self-excusing.

Lean: Scum+

~~~

GulagDolls

I always thought she was insane. It's been an odd constant through every repetition - she says the strangest things, but if you look closely there's a nugget of something like wisdom hidden deep down. Still, it hasn't saved her from being eviscerated by her so-called friends, again and again and again... It hurts to watch every time. The Monster never has to waste its time with her.

Their in-thread posting is nonsensical as expected, but their participation in the masonry has been really good and shows a clear intent to figure out the mystery of D1. They also listened to me when I asked them to unvote so that there was no risk of a scumrush before I could do my thing.

Lean: Town

~~~

IcePhoenix

You know, I just realized something. Every single timeline - even the one where there's far more of us to begin, and things get a great deal more complicated - they ALWAYS incorrectly think it's Master Chief. Isn't that funny? I don't think I've seen that kind of internal constant before.

Low participation, self-excusing. Part of the D1 potentially-coordinated debacle. Hasn't claimed despite being pointedly asked to, and their weak push on Tobbs today is not great (though I do see where it comes from without knowledge of the masonry conversations that sparked Tobbs' actions). I also dislike how they wave off the D1 votes, but at least there's a bit of thought behind it. Masonry conversation on D1 was okayish. Pointedly said they were on a bus when the thread shut down. Still, I have gut feelings...

Lean: Scum

~~~

Other obligations beckon. I'll leave this here for now and finish my story later. If you have anything to add, I urge you to speak now - you may not have a chance later. Time is running out...

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If IP and ASF are scum, then I don't see Birb being scum unless he's busing but I don't see scum bussing at this point.

Scum is going to want to remain low-key (as evidenced by how quiet this game is)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

The heart bouncing around randomly amongst the players that voted for the target is an interesting game mechanic.
Scum/3P would want as many chances at grabbing the heart as possible. Those opportunities come with Night Phase + Random Voter.
So why not increase you chances with getting your name on the random voter list.

I would put forth that IP is scum
Tobbs is also scum and 'has' to vote for him at some point so he can be potentially chosen as well JIC his buddy kicks the bucket. Plus it's easier to put out the early vote at the beginning of the day, which he did alongside Gulagdolls, then unvote later. He's still on the list to be randomly chosen.

I do not like the early in the day votes, especially off the back of what happened with D1 and town not knowing what triggered it, or if it could happen again. (Again unlikely in a game this small, but still I'd rather err on the side of caution)

-----------------------------------------
Lastly the thing I will mention is that town can somewhat increase their chances of gaining the heart using the system put in place by gaming the system a bit.
1.) The heart will randomly move between players who voted for the lynched/dead player
2.) Currently Town hold the majority (Or the game would be other as you state)
3.) If EVERYONE votes, then unvotes for IcePhoenix they can add themselves onto the last to be randomly chosen. :siren:

Not an ideal solution, but one that works within the parameters of the game to give us an increased chance of ensuring we end up with the heart.

On that note I would suggest you holding off shooting IP/ASF for as long as possible to give players a chance to vote+unvote IP to get on the list for Heart Movement
##unvote

And because I believe he's scum
##vote Tobbs

Agree with Pod, most likely that heart would go to players on the lynch. If what you think is true, everyone would just vote/unvote everyone and break the system, which would be dumb.

Also, voting for the player who holds the heart and is also most likely scum is alignment neutral. Saying a town Tobbs wouldn't do that is silly.

Besides, IF IP is scum AND there are 3 scum THEN a mislynch today ends the game in a scum victory. That, my friend, is why I'm the only one voting him. I'd hold off even if you agree with me though, it's best if Pod does his thing.

In fact, ##unvote just in case.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Agree with Pod, most likely that heart would go to players on the lynch. If what you think is true, everyone would just vote/unvote everyone and break the system, which would be dumb.

(Moderator confirmed this to me fyi)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

(Moderator confirmed this to me fyi)

Its honestly what makes the most sense

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcoGD_pvKvM

I'm running out of time. Let's wrap this up.

~~~

Infinitum

I was furious at her, another time. This conflict is more important than I think anyone ever realized - the consequences utterly dire. And yet all she could talk about was how much she liked the latest new video game? Even a minor thing like that led to failure, yet again.

I feel ok about Inf. His casing of Tobbs seems sincere and honestly understandable since a lot of what's motivated Tobbs' actions today has been in the masonry. Same goes for his idea to game the Heart - we were talking about it in the masonry, how odd it was that nobody had thought through the ways to mechanically improve town's odds. He did jump on it in a way that was wrong, but comfortably comes from a townie point of view.

~~~

Sal

The poor girl is so driven by her heart - no matter what the consequences might be. Time and again she's become the Monster's plaything, and yet... each time I begin again, I can't help but feel the smallest joy at seeing her innocent beginnings once more - fleeting as they may be.

Sal feels town to me, or at least not responsible for the fast end to D1. I said it before, he wouldn't blow a power like that immediately. He's nowhere near the top of my lkst.

~~~

Tobbs

I looked up to her once, you know. But after seeing her crumble into dread and paranoia over and over again at the Monster's hands, those memories of happier days have become ever so hollow...

Tobbs has been good and active in the masonry today, discussing theories and possible tells for how town can extricate itself from this situation. He's also done something important - he's disagreed with me in ways that make sense, whereas I might expect scum to be more agreeable. I disagree with his read on Sal, but it makes sense for him knowing how he plays.

~~~

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

You've misunderstood the mechanic, my read is that the heart is distributed among people who are on the execution vote, not people who voted them throughout the day.

hmmmm if this is the case
##vote IcePhoenix

I probably won't be around for deadline, but might have a little bit of time on my break a few hours beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcAVh8hN-j4

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ok here's how this works. My vig will kill and janitor my target, and kill me in the process. However, any actions the target took in the last night and day are reversed. So if any of the dead people are revived, you know my target was scum.

Good luck, here's hoping this doesn't lose town the game!

##vaporize IcePhoenix

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Posts with more complete resolution will come soon:

for now, all that needs to be said is that IcePhoenix and Podima are both dead.

If the crap I have to do now takes too long, I may put an extension vote to the thread. Good jerb doing this just as I get to a four-hour-block of poo poo I Have To Do.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
God speed brave traveler

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
good job Podima on showing them just how serious we are

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

28766f69642a2930 posted:

just how serious we are

O_O

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
(bizarro stormy is a self-vig)

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Oh.

No, no, no, no.

You remember doing this last time. Why was there another Homura last time? Why is there another one now?

...You're the another one, now.

And you'd gotten the Heart. You'd managed to break the cycle, or so you thought.

It's not fair. It's not fair! ...Well, at the very least, I know I'll get my revenge on myself, when we do this again.

Podima, Magical Girl-Aligned Reversing Sacrificial Dayvig, Akemi Homura, has vaporized IcePhoenix, ???-Aligned Future Akemi Homura!

You are Akemi Homura, you fuckin' nerd! You are Magical-Girl Aligned! You are a Reversing Sacrificial Dayvig- you can, once, at the cost of your own life ##vaporize someone as a day action! This kill is unstoppable. Additionally, if you hit someone who killed someone the night or day before, you will reverse the death of their target! Your target's flip will be janitored if you use this ability. Your win condition is for the Magical Girls to be in control of the Heart after four days. Just... don't vaporize the heart, okay? Bad things happened last time you did that.

addendum, shortly after role PMs were given out:

The sound of tinkling glass punctuates the blinding flare of energy that passes between the two girls- and then it turns crimson, as the Heart shatters.

Then reality shifts, as Time herself stumbles in her stride.

That was weird, but at least nobody died last night, right?

Something seems off. Deja vu? Your magic still works, so... the Heart's still here, but you saw it shatter? What the gently caress is even going on?

Toalpaz, ???-Aligned ??? has been revived Day 2!
imgay, ???-Aligned ??? has been revived Day 2!
Yami Fenrir, ???-Aligned ??? has been revived Day 2!
b-minus1, ???-Aligned ??? has been revived Day 2!

SolusLunes fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 13, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

A Sometimes Food (1): 28766f69642a2930
Tobbs Gnawed (1): SalTheBard, SalTheBard, Infinitum
SalTheBard (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (8): A Sometimes Food, b-minus1, GulagDolls, imgay, SalTheBard, Toalpaz, Tobbs Gnawed, Yami Fenrir

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 14th, 2018 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

The deadline has been extended by 24 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Thank you for working so hard friend. You can rest now.

I, will break this cycle.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
You have unleashed my true power, IP. The power of haunting a masonry.

... It was actually rather chill to haunt a masonry.

Pod, as I said in the masonry:

YER A GODDAMN HERO.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
hi

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also that flip is the single greatest thing I read.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
w a h t

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
wtf i like anime now

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

b-minus1 posted:

wtf i like anime now

that’s messed up dude [b]##vote b-movie[/b

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

There's probably at least 2 more scum among the unflipped.

I wanted to trust all my friends, but despair seems to have overtaken your hearts. You've all been hurt. Despite all that I'll show you a bright future that is worth believing in!!!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I've stated a lot of this in the masonry, and honestly can't be arsed to recite all of it, so I'll keep it short for now:

Hawke's been defending IP a TON, and his push on ASF read as a scum bus to me. Out of the players alive, they have read the scummiest to me by far.

##vote 28766f69642a2930

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

28766f69642a2930 posted:

that’s messed up dude ##vote b-movie[/b

oh my god you suck [b]##vote 28766f69642a2930