Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The nose touch didn't work last time, guys, what makes you think it'll work this time!

Also, I talked to PM on the discord a while back, and she mentioned something you all might like to know:

Me: I noticed you phrased Tarukaja as 'Raising physical attack'. In the games, Tarukaja is usually just a general attack raise, not coded for physical or magical. Does that mean we're going back to SMT Nocturne rules, where Tarukaja raised Phys attack and Makakaja raised magic attack?

PM: Good catch. We are, partially because there are only so many skills/spells that work in a PbP context. So I needed to pad the spell list

Junpei fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 6, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

If we mess with his nose enough he'll do something cool like make our nose grow like Pinocchio. This will be a mighty power, nothing could possibly go wrong.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

PMush is a she

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

The nose poke is a sacred time-honoured tradition and a cornerstone of Kumiko's personality :colbert:

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

E Poke Nose
C Amorphous and masked

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Vote check!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] Igor raises an eyebrow expectantly.
A) 1
B) 3
C) 3
D) 1
E) 5
F) 0

2] "Do you imagine a man or a woman?"
A) 2
B) 2
C) 5

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Monday, April 13th, Night
The Velvet Room
Persona 3/4/5 - Aria of the Soul

PMush Perfect posted:

1] Igor raises an eyebrow expectantly.
E) Try to touch his nose again.

You try to act casual for just a moment, hopefully putting Igor off his guard, then lunge forward across the table. But just the same as last time, as though he were swatting away a fly, he casually swats aside your hand. Your whole arm goes with it, and you've got enough momentum that you very nearly go spilling out of your seat. "Are you finished with trying to do that?"

"For now."

------------------------

PMush Perfect posted:

2] "Do you imagine a man or a woman?"
C) Androgynous and masked

Igor's expression when you tell him you imagine neither of the above is peculiar, and when you mention the specifics of what you're thinking of instead, he keeps his eyes locked on you. They're searching your face, subtly, looking for something. Whatever he's looking for, he doesn't find, and he doesn't so much as even shrug when dismissing the idea he was silently entertaining. Putting it together, you have a suspicion that it was the word 'masked' that created that imperceptible change, but other than that, you can only speculate. "Well, then, allow me to introduce you. Beaufort, come in and meet our new guest."

You're very certain there was nobody standing in the corner of the room behind you, but from over your shoulder, you see a figure walk into view and stand behind Igor's chair with their hands held politely at their waist. They are, just as you imagined, androgynous, and a white porcelain mask covers their entire face. Opaque blue lenses are fitted into the eye holes, blocking you from even being able to read that much from them. The uniform they wear, the same color as everything in the Velvet Room, includes a high collar and black gloves. All that you can say for certain about them is that they have a chin-length bob of white hair and that you're fairly sure the fuzzy black ears sticking out the sides of it are part of the mask, as they do not move when their owner begins to speak.

"Welcome to the Velvet Room!" Their words are bright, inviting, even cheerful, and yet they remain perfectly composed. Already, you get the sense that this is someone very used to emoting entirely through their tone of voice. "My name is Beaufort, and I'm here to assist you for as long as you are our honored guest."

"As am I." Igor reenters the conversation. In almost direct contrast to Beaufort's unreadable mask, his strange and unnerving grin spreads a little wider as he speaks. "This room, myself, and my assistant all exists to aid our guests in fulfilling their destinies. And what a remarkable destiny you will have."

"By claiming your power as a Wild Card, you've earned the right to visit us whenever you'd like, and we are sworn to assist you in whatever ways we can." Beaufort steps forward, and pulls something from one of their pockets, resting it on the table in front of you. This feels almost choreographed. Did they rehearse it while you were gone somehow? "Hold tightly onto this key, and when you dream, your mind will visit us here. Here, we will be able to assist you in strengthening your heart, as my master has before. Should you gain access to a persona and then lose it, I will be able to reaffirm your connection.

"You are always welcome here, Bearer of the Wild Card, and it would please me greatly for you to consider us your allies."

Persona 4 - Strength of Heart

I am thou. Thou art I. Thou hast formed a new bond, and fortified thy heart.

> Moon: Rank 1 (+0) [0/2]
> You may now roll to wield personas of the Moon Arcana by using the strength of your bond with Beaufort!
> You have unlocked the ability Velvet Room Guest!
> You have unlocked the ability Persona Compendium!
> Maximum number of personas has been increased to 5!

"Come back to us once you have a third persona, and I will be able to show you another way I can assist." Igor smiles. "In the mean time, did you wish to strengthen your heart again?"

1] How do you spend your XP? [3 Soul XP Remaining]
A) -3 XP, Knowledge -1 -> 0.
B) -1 XP, Understanding -1 -> 0
C) Save it.
D) Write-in.

[Prev] [Home] [N̶e̵x̶t̶?̸]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 27, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
B, to understand ourselves is to understand the world

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
B, since our plan is 'Help people suffering in the real world to make our enemies weaker', we need all the understanding we can get.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I agree, B seems worthwhile.

Also, do we know what this incarnation of the Velvet Room is like? We've had an elevator, a limousine and a prison before (Plus whatever was in Persona 1 and 2). With the Norse theme, I'm imagining a cocktail-lounge-mead-hall for our mental Einherjar to reawaken in after battle. Or possibly a karaoke booth for singing songs of valour.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Elfface posted:

Or possibly a karaoke booth for singing songs of valour.
I love this. First person to find a picture of an empty karaoke bar (or something that could pass as one) with blue decor gets internet points.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

PMush Perfect posted:

I love this. First person to find a picture of an empty karaoke bar (or something that could pass as one) with blue decor gets internet points.

Internet points?! How could I resist?

I found two candidates with a quick search:

and

Neither is quite so overwhelmingly blue as the Velvet Room, but they're pretty close.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zurai posted:

Neither is quite so overwhelmingly blue as the Velvet Room, but they're pretty close.
The tough part is that neither of them actually have anything that could reasonably be suspension-of-disbelief-ed as velvet. Latter might work in a pinch, I'll put that on the backburner, but with the former I'd expect to see Ohya before I saw Igor.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

For Understanding

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

I found some more.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Here's one I found.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Bump! Don't want this to die!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
No deaths on my watch!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Please don't die...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I guess there's accepting fate, here, or denying that.

Because I genuinely liked what I read so far.

B. We need all the Understanding we can get.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, neat, the thread's still open.

So, I have both more free time than I used to, and less than I had when I started this. I'm currently running an LP that I'm moving at a brisk pace because there's a lot to go through, and a Discord game playtesting a homebrew PBTA, so I probably don't have the free time to revive Persona X right this minute. I do want to, though, thanks to Memories of Kali resparking my interest. So, what I want to do is start putting things together for if/when I do decide to revive it.

To that effect, I have a very important choice to make. A lot of momentum has been lost in the nearly six months since the last update, so I need to decide how to restart things. I've got a few options here. Might as well put up a vote, if only to gauge thoughts and interest.

A) Pick up right where we left off with the Velvet Room and the early fight. I'm heavily biased against this one, since the scene has started to drag, but if there's a lot of interest in it, I'm not ruling it out entirely.
B) Short timeskip. A few days, at maximum, doing a quick skim over 'missed' events. It loses a bit of player agency, but also probably helps with player engagement.
C) Long timeskip, in the neighborhood of a month. I've told at least two people about the short-term plans (and 'default' future party composition), so there's not really a lot of "secrets" involved, but it would involve a significant chunk of lost player agency, and at least one awakening scene. However, it would also mean I have the most control over the "best" time to pick up from.
D) Cut-and-run, explain most of the plans I do have/had, but let the game die and start work on something new. This is the only one that I can guarantee will get results, but it's also tantamount to a mercy killing.

Both B and C almost certainly jump to a new in medias res because of said momentum concerns, and I have IdeasTM to explain the time gaps. None of this is a guarantee that Persona X is coming back, but it's definitely a thought that's been at the back of my mind for a while. Consider this an actual but also unofficial vote. And, just like before, it's approval voting, so voting for 2+ options is totally valid.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
C

Lose out on player engagement, but I think anything that allows you control enough over where to jump back in makes it easier for you and therefore better for us in the long run.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

C > B
Looking forward to more of this!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
B. As one of the people who knows some things thanks to being told, I honestly think that the journey is more important than the destination. So, yeah, skip ahead a little, but not too much.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

C

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Abstain, maintaining interest whichever.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

C

The best serious CYOAs often seem to have very long story sequences, with choices for the overall direction of the story or truly pivotal things only. I wonder if that's just because breaking a writing flow for choices all the time saps the will to write, or what.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
That's why I'm leaning more towards C, too.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

BCD
Let's see this thing through one way or another.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Vote set!

PMush Perfect posted:

1] Continuation or Conclusion?
A) 0
B) 3

C) 6.5
D) 1

Well, that was... definitive. And I've got the itch again, too, so I think this is happening. Not right this minute, I've got some prep work to do still, especially RE: the timeskip, and I've got an LP to maintain, too. It's definitely happening, though.

If you want to keep abreast on what's happening, there's a Persona X channel in the Goon CYOA Discord.

Or, if you want to throw a few bucks into a tip jar, I've also brewed up a Ko-Fi (my forum name, no spaces) where I'll be posting occasional previews and news about my CYOAs and LPs, both in the coming days and in the future. You don't need to donate to see them, it's not a drat Patreon, I'm just too lazy to set up a new Twitter (for now). Thought I might as well get some actual use out of the site where I'm rattling a paper cup.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

?̵?̴?̸,̸ ̶?̸?̵?̵,̷ ̴?̶?̷?̴

Revelations: Persona - Normal Battle

"Get up! Get up, you idiot! Get! Up!"

After what feels like an eternity, you get together enough of your consciousness to push yourself up into a kneeling position. An eternity since… what? It’s almost impossible to think through the throbbing headache and ringing in your ears. There’s blood running down your brow, your own? You blink and wipe some away from your eyes. The back of your gauntlet is rough against your skin. Something about that is strange, but you can’t put your finger on... it...

Woah. Deja vu.

"Kumiko, dodge!" A voice from behind you, Eiji's voice, pierces through the ringing. Moving with unexpected grace, you roll to one side, the place you were kneeling a moment before now filled with the tip of a spear and the clang of metal striking metal. Pushing yourself the rest of the way off the ground with your weapon, you shift into a combat stance, glancing down at it only for a moment before you look back up at who or what tried to skewer you. [1] [2]

Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Normal Battle

Oh, it's this bastard again. Visions of your battle with this creature, this Shadow, have haunted your nights for weeks. This time, it's going to to be different, and there are three reasons for that.

Battle Start!
Name: Eligor (x1)
Level: 10
Arcana: IV - Emperor
HP: 300/300
SP: 20/20
Strong: Fire
Weak: Elec
Skills: Lunge, Maragi

One. Each and every one of those fights is burned into your memory. There is nothing it can do that will surprise you any more.

"That last one got you pretty good, you alright?" A quick glance to your side, and your eyes meet Eiji's. [3]

Two. In all of your dreams, you fought the Eligor solo, and in all of them, you lost. This time, you've got someone at your back.

Hurry up! It's coming!

Also a ratsquirrel in your head. He's not reason number three, but he does remind you of it. You're about 85% sure that this is the real deal; if you get splattered this time, you're not waking up. You will not, and cannot fail.

"We gotta make this quick." Eiji's voice strains, threatening to shake, but he swallows, and it's under control again. "What's the plan?" [4] [5]

Pending Votes
Persona X uses approval voting; pick as many options for each vote as you want!

1] What kind of weapon are you holding?
A) Second-hand wooden bat. Cheap, but it gets the job done. (-¥1000) [50 Strike damage, short, breakable, flammable]
B) Store-bought aluminum bat. You can still carry it around in your backpack without getting weird stares. (-¥2000) [50 Strike damage, short]
C) A replica wakizashi you bought on uBid. "Lightly used." You don't want to know what that means. (-¥3000) [50 Slash damage, short, quickdraw]
D) You never got around to replacing that rebar pole... (-¥0) [50 Strike damage, short, heavy]

2] What about Eiji?
A) A broom handle with a kitchen knife on the end of it. Hey, you bought them new! (-¥1000) [50 Pierce damage, long, breakable, flammable]
B) Broom handle? Please, you've always wanted a reason to buy a bamboo pole. (-¥2000) [50 Pierce damage, long]
C) Did you know they still sell pitchforks? Because they do! Right in the gardening section! (-¥3000) [75 Pierce damage, long]
D) So, uh, you remember that thing about the rebar pole? (-¥0) [50 Pierce damage, long, heavy]

3] "That last one got you pretty good, you alright?"
A) "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks for the save."
B) "I think so. What day is it?"
C) Say nothing, just nod.
D) "All that extra blood was just slowing me down, anyways." [Roll +Courage]
E) "Are you okay?" [Roll +Understanding]
F) Write-in.

4] "What's the plan?" (Kumiko)
A) "I'm going in!" [Use Burning Blade, Roll +Courage]
B) "I'll make an opening!" [Switch to Xiezhai, Cast Zio, Roll +Proficiency]
C) "Cover me for a second!" [Cast Tarukaja on Kumiko, Roll +Proficiency]
D) "I'm counting on you!" [Cast Tarukaja on Eiji, Roll +Magician]
E) "You know what? gently caress this guy." [-1 Plume]
F) Write-in

5] "What's the plan? (Eiji)
A) "Blitz him!" [Full Assault, Eiji uses Lunge, Roll +Eiji's Courage]
B) "Back me up!" [Support, Roll +Magician]
C) "Improvise!" [Act Freely]
D) Write-in

[P̷r̷e̸v̴?̸] [H̸o̷m̵e̴] [Next]

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 27, 2019

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1D
2C
3D
4D
5A

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

1CD
2CD
3D
4D
5A

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PMush Perfect casts Recarm! :j:

Between my arm still being fucky and needing to work on my LP, might take until tomorrow evening or so before I start on the next update here.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Hiya, I’m Pmush’s advisor on Asatru elements included in Persona X. I’ve also been assisting with character design. You’ll be seeing me pop in from time to time to talk about character design or parts of my religion that crop up.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
1D
2C
3A
4B
5A

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
DDDCC

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
1B, 2B, 3E, 4B, 5B

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

A reminder that we're still using approval voting, so for each vote, you can pick as many options as you want!

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C
C
A
A
A