Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Action-Bastard posted:

Governor ordered all schools close starting monday. Panic buying is gonna get worse as people will need more food for their kids being home.

The Montavilla Farmer's Market will be going on Sunday. I wanted to go get some nice produce, but now I'm concerned that too will be a madhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

My sole partiality is to that delectable spiced meat. Any additional confederation of vegetables shall not compromise the pie as I see it.

I'm going shopping today - USUALLY we get hosed last by shortages down here, so here's hoping. Wally world still showed toilet paper as in stock when I made my order last night, looool

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Trader Joe's last night:

Freezer aisle was also picked clean.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

Trader Joe's last night:

Freezer aisle was also picked clean.

I've kept about a month of canned food for my whole life without giving it much thought. For me, it was a failsafe for months I could barely make rent.

This stuff just blows my mind. The only time I've ever seen anything like it was when Nashville would have ice storms.

Hopefully this is a wake up call for the average person to be a little more prepared for problems.

Oh, my father says there are people selling toilet paper for ludicrous prices on the side of the road. His thought, "You should be able to pull over and give those people a piece of your mind until they stop."

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

My recently having moved here rear end didn't work right away to get a carry permit and guess what now the sheriff's website says they have suspended carry permit apps/interviews/what the gently caress ever so I'll probably try sending an email to them on Monday to ferret out some more info but I really don't desire to open carry, at least not yet.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Double posting. If anyone has FFLs they've used before that they'd recommend (or tell me to avoid) in the Portland/SE Portland area I'd love to hear em. I have PMs if you don't want to post their details ITT. Looking to pick up a hunting rifle soon-ish.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I've only used one FFL for an out of state purchase and it was "Extreme Products" on Hwy212. Fee was 50 bucks and it was very easy.

Edit: Also they have a dog.

CainFortea fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 13, 2020

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012

I, too, am a Portland Goon.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

One place to avoid in Portland is Keith's.

I spent two weeks going back and forth with them over the phone. They don't answer their phone, they take days to return a message, and they're incredibly condescending when you do speak to them.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Action-Bastard posted:

One place to avoid in Portland is Keith's.

I spent two weeks going back and forth with them over the phone. They don't answer their phone, they take days to return a message, and they're incredibly condescending when you do speak to them.

The other is place to avoid is "the gun room" on foster. Nice selection of old wood, but the guys behind the counter were misogynistic and fuddy as all gently caress.

Money market pawn on powell is one place to try.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

In the next day or two I'll be able to report back on Advanced Firearms Training in Gresham. They've always been nice to me and I'm picking up a gun from them this week.

Can confirm - Gun Room is Fudd as gently caress. The only good thing is they have a shop parrot that likes me.

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012

Comfy sponk posted:

The other is place to avoid is "the gun room" on foster. Nice selection of old wood, but the guys behind the counter were misogynistic and fuddy as all gently caress.

Money market pawn on powell is one place to try.

What other place is there around here to pick up a CZ 9mm?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

I've only used two places in the area:

Thread Dynamics in Sherwood - was super close to my old work, but kinda meh. I think their prices were alright but I couldn't give you numbers, it's been years.

J&B Firearm Sales in Beaverton - This is where I go now, they've done multiple internet-purchase transfers for me with no hassle, one in-store gun purchase, and did the paperwork for a Form 4 NFA transfer. Prices were $40 area for transfers, staff was nice and answered questions, didn't seem condescending to me at least (as a mid-30's white male, so that might be a worthless data point). I've overheard multiple conversations in that store where a woman has come in looking for a CCW gun, and the following discussion with the staff seemed legit.

This is a bad time to buy guns in general, last time I was there a month or so ago their shelves were looking a little bare, apparently they had to hire more staff because so many people had been coming in. If there's something specific you're looking for, they've always been very responsive for me over phone or email asking questions about if something you ordered came in or about what they have in stock. They also post updates on their Facebook regularly, today they posted they have two snubnose Chiappa Rhino's in stock, one a White Rhino.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

boxen posted:

have two snubnose Chiappa Rhino's in stock, one a White Rhino.

Really...

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Specifically had you in mind, that's why I brought it up

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Quote-is-not-edit edit: since I'm no longer phone posting: https://www.facebook.com/jbfirearms...75090682554622/

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Holy hell that white Rhino is awesome.

Iíve got to pick up my Turnbull before I start thinking about buying the stupidest carry gun, ever.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hawker's Locker is technically the closest to me, but I've also used Money Market Pawn on SE Powell and J&B Firearm Sales in Beaverton. Good transactions all around. I sold a Glock on consignment via Big Iron Armory but that's NE Sandy.

I was out shooting last weekend on BLM land out in Astoria. Weather was gorgeous & it was easy to maintain social distancing. Theoretically places like North Fork Wolf Creek Road are open, but I understand if y'all are still wanting to keep your distance for the time being.

The pistol class I'm taking with Cerberus Training out in Goldendale this weekend is still happening, so we'll see how that goes.

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 14, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Iím very much maintaining social distancing for obvious reasons, but Iíd sure be curious to hear how the class goes. I had some instruction recently and really want to work on stuff with live fire. Once the apocalypse ends, that is.

Hell, I bet we could get multiple PortGoons into a class.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

Smegma Princess X posted:

What other place is there around here to pick up a CZ 9mm?

Believe it or not, Sportsman's warehouse carries them. Also, Oregon rifle works in tigard has a CZ Orange currently. There's also NW armory on 99 up by Bi-mart, also in tigard.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

CainFortea posted:

I've only used one FFL for an out of state purchase and it was "Extreme Products" on Hwy212. Fee was 50 bucks and it was very easy.

Edit: Also they have a dog.

Update, their fee is $60 now (but they have what I wanted at one of their distributors so I'm buying local from them instead).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

I can vouch Advanced Firearms Training in Gresham is a painless $40 +$10 for the check. Bonus points for the owner showing me some Nazi stamped milsurp and saying something along the lines of, ďI hesitate to sell this stuff because it brings in people I donít want to know.Ē

Itís all old fuddy white guys, but nice as hell. Prices seem average.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

tangy yet delightful posted:

Update, their fee is $60 now (but they have what I wanted at one of their distributors so I'm buying local from them instead).

Yea, found that out just yesterday and forgot to edit my post. Still, they're right down the street from me and they're fast and nice.

Also they have a dog. Be sure to pet the dog.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Would anyone want a list of good and bad stores in the OP?

I wouldnít have time to do it in the next few days, but it should be doable.

(If you just compile the list and send it to me Iíll give you a three second hug in person without hip engagement)

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Would anyone want a list of good and bad stores in the OP?

I wouldnít have time to do it in the next few days, but it should be doable.

(If you just compile the list and send it to me Iíll give you a three second hug in person without hip engagement)

What if we want hip engagement?

Either way, NW Armory is questionably fashy, their logo is basically an Iron Cross and the owner is known fash. The Milwaukee store is awful but the Tigard people are nice enough.

Edit: Also Threat Dynamics literally hires skinheads.

Smegma Princess X fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 15, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Either way, NW Armory is questionably fashy, their logo is basically an Iron Cross and the owner is known fash. The Milwaukee store is awful but the Tigard people are nice enough.

That requires a minimum of one dinner with entertaining conversation.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Captain Log posted:

That requires a minimum of one dinner with entertaining conversation.

Does discussing various Gundam models count as entertaining conversation?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Action-Bastard posted:

Does discussing various Gundam models count as entertaining conversation?

What do I look like to you? A proper nerd?

Wait.

Don't answer.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The Tigard store got bought out by NW armory but they kept a lot of the same folks. I think the original owner now works there as the manager, or some such.

Also yea, avoid NW Armory. They're the ones who would keep giving my boss bonus guns when he'd go buy some expensive stupid thing. Nothing wild and crazy, just whatever thing the boss's kid thought was cool.

After doing this for years, they sent him an invoice for all those guns that were gifts.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Shame to hear that about them. My brother had always thought they were OK.

By the way, it's Miwaukie not Milwaukee. This is very important to lifelong Clackistanis like myself.

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012

therobit posted:

Shame to hear that about them. My brother had always thought they were OK.

By the way, it's Miwaukie not Milwaukee. This is very important to lifelong Clackistanis like myself.

Look, I"m a Georgia transplant, I've been here for 7 years. Also the world is ending, does it really matter to a anyone who isn't from the Clack?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Look, I"m a Georgia transplant, I've been here for 7 years. Also the world is ending, does it really matter to a anyone who isn't from the Clack?

The postal service cares.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Well, if their budget isn't sorted out soon their opinion won't matter much either.

Comfy sponk
Mar 30, 2007

CainFortea posted:

The Tigard store got bought out by NW armory but they kept a lot of the same folks. I think the original owner now works there as the manager, or some such.

Also yea, avoid NW Armory. They're the ones who would keep giving my boss bonus guns when he'd go buy some expensive stupid thing. Nothing wild and crazy, just whatever thing the boss's kid thought was cool.

After doing this for years, they sent him an invoice for all those guns that were gifts.

Whelp, looks like I'm going to avoid dropping $$ there in the future. The selection in the tigard store prior to the most recent panic was amazing for new pistols. And yeah, the previous staff was hired on when The Gunbroker's (previous dude had three locations Tigard, crack o' m' rear end, and further south. not related to the auction site) owner closed up shop. I recognized that grey afro from the previous incarnation of that shop.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, that q-tip top is pretty memorable.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

CainFortea posted:

The postal service cares.

Also useful for winning bets. Everyone thinks they know how to spell it.

Also, I was at J&B Firearm sales today, the White Rhino is still there, for the low low price of $999.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

boxen posted:

Also useful for winning bets. Everyone thinks they know how to spell it.

Also, I was at J&B Firearm sales today, the White Rhino is still there, for the low low price of $999.

If it was the gold or rainbow one, I'd be all over it.

The White Rhino is ugly, but beautiful ugly.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I want the 6" barrel version, mainly so I can put a red dot on it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fun Shoe

Android Apocalypse posted:

I want the 6" barrel version, mainly so I can put a red dot on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Anyone have a range around Portland (preferably) that is open, outdoors, with covered shooting spots and ideally pre-measured distances to at least 100 yards?

I'd like to try out my new rifle/scope combo

«14 »